Mathdino
Mathdino
Survivor
Mathdino
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1175 (ISO) » Thu Jan 11, 2018 11:34 am

Post by Mathdino »

As a final addendum, if we prove by lack of claims that we're definitively in 5T (god I hope so), will that be good enough to you to clear me from that argument? If everyone pops in here and claims "I'm not any of those roles", I'll run the stats on the setups again, and I believe I can show that 5T is almost guaranteed from the spectator's perspective.
In post 1166, Hawk wrote:It fishes people who don't have a solid grasp of the setup or possible setups into admitting they may or may not have a roll. If you are the sole other mafia member calling for any amount of claiming under the premise we are in xv2v1 gives you a called shot and if you have one partner left you know that there is at least one of the roles you mentioned and you call it forward and if you manage to get lucky and pull an investigative (basically all of the ones you listed) and we are under 1t your JOAT can take a strongarm shot through protective rendering our newly claimed Town investigative more moot while waiting yourself up well enough as town leader.
Thanks for addressing the actual setup stuff. In terms of fishing people who don't have a solid grasp, I think EVERYONE should admit they may or may not have a role (WIFOM), and would be pretty vigilant in policing people to only claim yes/no to the roles in that list. My expectation is that most people are resistant to any types of claiming anyway, but c'est la vie.

If you're willing to follow, I'll show why scum would have a difficult time benefiting.

If I am the sole mafia member: Then it is literally almost impossible for most of those roles to exist (1-shot Tracker is the only possible one). That is why I'm asking only for those roles. If you'd like me to go through each role, let me know.

If I am in a 2 person mafia team: This is where it gets interesting. I don't know what you mean by "call it forward". On the suggestion that I would strongmankill whomever claims, why would I not have used the strongmankill on Jay? Knowing there are so many power roles (because I'd know it's 1T), wouldn't that be the correct time to use it? Ninja is useless because tracker is useless. And if I'm scum, unless you think my partner is in Jay's kill list, I have no reason to roleblock him and stop the vig.

To go through each roll I suggested:
1- shot Tracker: I would be really surprised if they hadn't used this already. Another part of the reason I wanted this claim is because I'm interested this result. Anyway if they already had used this, they function as a named townie, which isn't an ideal kill and would also prob be protected.

1-shot Commuter: Can avoid strongman kills and kills in general. Can also WIFOM when exactly they did or will commute. 1-shot Commuter claim is anti-scum.

Vengeful: Vengefuls should be lynched anyway. They didn't counterclaim Jay yesterday so I'm confident this doesn't exist.

Vigilante: HIGHLY suspect. I'd probably just lynch this unless we have a Vengeful to back this up. This is almost impossible.

Gunsmith: I will give you this, but it relies on 2 letters in the setup coming out of a 5% probability, which has a *gets calculator* ~3.0% probability.

Tracker: I will also give you this, but that relies on 2 MORE letters in the setup being a I (besides A50's I), which has a *gets calculator* ~9.8% probability. So not bad I guess.

So my conclusion is that my idea is only pro-scum if there's another Tracker out there.

Do you believe that I would attempt to implement a plan to benefit scum without doing prior calculations as to whether it's strictly anti-scum?
Furthermore, do you think I wouldn't try to use a massclaim to confirm myself in some way (whether by results or PoE)?
FURTHERMORE, if there are 5 PRs left (and 3/10 scum), do you really not think a massclaim would be a MASSIVE benefit? My intention if someone claims one of the roles I listed is to poll the town as to whether they want to create a massclaim that PoE's scum down so hard that scum/SK can't whittle down the confirmeds faster than we can lynch them. Many 1T setups under this semi-open are near breakable. It would depend on what the claims are.
AnonymousGhost
AnonymousGhost
Mafia Scum
AnonymousGhost
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1176 (ISO) » Thu Jan 11, 2018 11:35 am

Post by AnonymousGhost »

Gave another look at the possible set ups on the wiki page. T is the only option with a 3 player mafia team at game-start.

TTTTTTT = Mafia Goon,
Mafia 1-Shot Bus Driver
, Serial Killer
TTTTT = Mafia Goon,
Mafia 1-Shot Bus Driver
, Serial Killer (repeat)
T = Mafia Goon,
Mafia 1-Shot Bus Driver
, Mafia JOAT, Serial Killer
Mathdino
Mathdino
Survivor
Mathdino
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1177 (ISO) » Thu Jan 11, 2018 11:41 am

Post by Mathdino »

Hey Ghost. Please let us know of your catchup strategy because I'm gonna have problems reading you if I don't know what you're planning (I don't blame you if you don't read all 48 pages but you should have some plan).

7 T's is impossible because our Tracker got shot.
Mathdino
Mathdino
Survivor
Mathdino
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1178 (ISO) » Thu Jan 11, 2018 11:53 am

Post by Mathdino »

In post 584, Mathdino wrote:
In post 550, yessiree wrote:
VC 1.17

With 13 alive, it takes 7 to lynch

Creature (4) -
JaydragonKing, RedFlavor, momo, Almost50
Assemblerotws (3) -
Mathdino, Impede, Hawk
Impede (2) -
Kop, havingfitz
JaydragonKing (1) -
Assemblerotws
Almost50 (1) -
UnabombaH
RedFlavor (1) -
sheepsaysmeep

Not voting
- Creature

Day 1 ends in (expired on 2018-01-12 08:00:00)
I'm willing to bet, based on the trajectory of the day, that bussing isn't going on here.

That indicates to me that there's scum in {Assemble, Impede, Hawk}, scum in {Creature, RedFlavor, A50}, and then a final scum that's been in our townbloc the whole time. Probably someone in {Impede, Kop, fitz, Una}.
I still like this PoE. For those of you watching at home, by my own analysis, from a spectator's point of view, I'm in the {Assemble, Impede, Hawk} section.

If there's 1 mafia left, that implicates the Impede wagon and RedFlavor.

2 mafia implies, I think, {Screenplay, Impede, Hawk} and {Impede, Kop, fitz, Una, Red}.

Now that Kop is here, I have absolutely no motivation to complete the Kopcase, and will post the draft I had saved below for bookkeeping.
Spoiler:
Ok this is honestly kind of a lolcase because the only real candidates for lynch yesterday were Jay, Creature, and Impede. Jay is town, Creature is scum. Impede is probably town. It stands to reason that at least one counterwagoner is scum, and it's not Hawk.
In post 90, Kop wrote:Can you elaborate on some of these, because this is striking me as forced reads. Your accusing me of looking forced, this is more forced shit rather than actual reads.
[snip]
Overall, reading these reads, I don't think they are actually genuine reads right now, and is just trying to look active.
I'm obviously biased here, but I honestly believe that going after early contributors is anti-town because it disincentivises town activity.
In post 123, Kop wrote:@math I understand your reason by how or why you've posted the reads, I just felt they were forced rather than actual reads. Some of them I didn't agree with but I'll follow your thoughts and see how you progress with them.
In post 124, Kop wrote:
In post 91, Hawk wrote:Haven't really dug into the game yet but on a quick skim everyone's still pretty null.

Nice to see familiar faces tho. How have you guys been? Did y'all miss me? Fitz, kop, momo, and creature?
Nice to see you again hawk. It's been a while.
In post 97, Impede wrote:Scum aren’t likely to come to the direct defense of a partner. Esp D1.

I do agree that Math’s reads seem a bit stretchy, but I don’t think it’s AI just yet, as he could just be trying to stimulate discussion.
Why do you think they won't? How would you know that scum won't, because in reality they can do it at any stage, unless that person they are defending is within lynch territory which they won't openly defend, they will let them go if that is the way the tide is going. But at this stage only Jay is within lynch territory so any defending right now of anyone doesn't spell out they can't be scum because they won't defend someone, especially on day one.
In post 322, Kop wrote:VOTE: Impede

This is a wagon outside of Jay/red that I'd like to take off. I don't necessarily scum read Jay, but I just feel he's being hard pressed into a mislynch, I just don't think scum would be that stupid to focus all of the attention onto themselves in the manner he has done since gamestart. I obviously wouldn't like to think that we could possibly go into LYLO with him but I'm wanting to go into different areas rather than focus on him for days on end.

Impede on the other hand, has given me nothing to note that I could town read him for, and I do like the case Fitz has put out against Impede. Last few pages that I have been reading, his name was popping out quite a bit. His vote on Jay doesn't make any sense to me at all, I wouldn't call it opportunistic, it felt more of a let go vote. If this wagon takes off and Impede flips scum, I would 100% go back for Jay because of how that vote felt to me.

Another point I didn't quite work out, he stated that he would hide behind Momo, why would you hide behind Momo considering he had him in his town read in post #152? Why would you not hide behind Fitz, or Una who you were scum reading? I understand hiding behind your town reads would give you a better chance of living, but also confirming your reads, doesn't give anything to gamestate because you don't really confirm anything, because you could be scum lying about being the hider and the hider might not even be in the game.
In post 329, Kop wrote:@Jay, Creature is null for me. I've played with Creature a few times, and in most of them, he wasn't entirely active so it's hard for me to get a lock on read on him. It's 50/50 if I was to vote for him to be the next lynch. Unless he shows me a sign that he is scum, I will act upon it.
In post 330, Kop wrote:
In post 323, Mathdino wrote:Quick thing, I picked fitz first and I encouraged everyone to pick different hider targets so it wouldn't draw the NK to any one person in particular.

Impede case isn't bad. It's convinced me out of a townread. Hasn't convinced me into a scumread. I see a lot of flak for his interaction with Jay, which I actually like. Seems natural to me.
How do you read Impede right now?

I understand you have your sights set on Jay, and I do agree with you with what you are saying, but personally I'd rather go for someone who can give us more information going into day two so we can get a stronger read on others, I feel lynching Jay on day one, isn't going to give us anything and reads won't be as strong as they would by lynching someone who gives us more. Jay will never be shot, so that is going to obviously be in the back of everyones mind and someone we don't want in LYLO, but he can easily be done on day 2 or 3 if we aren't further forward in lynching scum.
In post 679, Kop wrote:I'm still happy with where my vote is right now, Impede hasn't eased my read on him. A lot that I've seen just seems too OMGUS for me, and just only attempts to go for the next easiest thing that keeps things attention going in a different direction.

First he goes for Jay, with weak ass reasoning. I'm sure I read somewhere someone asking Impede what he got that made him vote for Jay, and I read through Impedes ISO and he never answered to it. Jay was already on 4 votes at the time and that's the way the game was heading, Impede just giving it a gentle push for it to be closer to a lynch.

He then votes for Assemble after Dino votes and says sheep. This to me, is buddying Dino who is a strong town read of everyone virtually. Scum like to buddy up in any possibility that they are able too.

Then the worst of it all, now attention is turning onto Impede, Creature is on 4 votes, and low and behold, here comes a Creature vote to put Creature on L-2. And this is after Dino gives Impede a bone by mentioning interactions with Impede/Creature and suddenly he votes for Creature. This is like a last ditch attempt to save his own skin because he believes he has been caught.

If he can actually build up a better case that will prove that he just isn't going for the easiest route I might change my read on him, but from everything I've seen, the whole OMGUS cases he's throwing around, jumping on the easiest bandwagons with weak reasons, and attempts at buddying, he's my highest scum read.
In post 697, Kop wrote:
In post 682, Impede wrote:@Kop:
Why would I be guilty of OMGUS after calling out Jay for it in like 5 separate posts?
I DID explain my vote rationale in response to Jay asking about it. Are you willfully ignoring this?
I didn’t say sheep because I was sheeping, I said it to get OTHERS to sheep me.
Are you this inept??? He accuses me of bussing/defending Creature at various points, so then I proceed to pay. MORE attention to Creature and VOTE HIM?! How the hell can you perceive this as an attempt at getting attention off of myself?!
You’re not getting anymore rationale than I’ve already given you (lots). If you have a specific question, I’m happy to entertain you, but this entire line of thought is utterly ill-conceived and I resent it heavily enough that I’d rather see you be wrong than try to change your mind.
Wagon me if you want. I’ll make an effort to ignore your inane rationale and go on with scumhunting.
I recognize that bringing up the Scum!Kop and Scum!Math potential LOOKS LIKE OMGUS. But your rationale looks so bullshitty to me and NO ONE ELSE is calling it out, so wtf am I supposed to do, just take a lynch? Very well. That’s what I’ll do going forward.
Math was the first to vote for Assemble, so in reality, nobody was/would sheep you because you were sheeping Maths rational thinking. Whilst I agree Assemble needs pressure for his vote, but you jumped on because it just seemed right at the time, and wouldn't bring you any unwanted attention.

Your vote on Creature is an attempt to take attention of yourself, it isn't that hard to see. You only paid attention to Creature and voted for him because Math was putting you in the situation that was tying you to Creature, so in aid for that to be dissolved, it was then that you started to put your focus on Creature, also this was when attention was turning onto you (also note that Impede was slightly behind Creature in the votes). Pushing the creature wagon closer to the lynch may help you in time because people may think with Creature being closer to the lynch than you, they may opt to go to the biggest thing going, creature.

Your play doesn't tell me that you are actively trying to locate scum, it is showing me that you are just simply going with what others are echoing and your reasons for doing so are weak. I will hold my hands up if you flip green and say that I am wrong, but from what I'm seeing, I don't have high confidence that your town.
In post 857, Kop wrote:@Math I understand you are clearing him as a town read because his general play is consistent with his town meta, from previous games. However I am not willing to give him a pass simply because we don't have a scum meta that others can divulge into. He could simply be playing to his town meta when he could easily be scum.

This is one of my sole reasons I don't tend to use meta to get a read on someone, I'd rather get my reads from how they are playing in this game, rather than previous games. People evolve, and they gain more experience on how to play this game. You could easily be duped into believing he is playing his town game.

For example, Fitz voted for me in RVS and made out that I was a possible policy lynch based on his experience with me in previous games.

It basically relied on him counterwagoning Creature with Impede and some weird early game stuff. That was pretty much it.

Screenplay is a significantly better vote. Everyone on Assemble's wagon is (I'm almost positive) town.

VOTE: Screenplay
AnonymousGhost
AnonymousGhost
Mafia Scum
AnonymousGhost
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1179 (ISO) » Thu Jan 11, 2018 11:53 am

Post by AnonymousGhost »

@Dino

Making a post with spoilers for each player on things that I find noteworthy, towny, scummy, etc. Categorize stuff into D1 and D2 and then post separate read lists based D1 and D2 player content.

Can you explain the impossibility of the 7 T's?
sheepsaysmeep
sheepsaysmeep
he
Jack of All Trades
sheepsaysmeep
he
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: he

Post Post #1180 (ISO) » Thu Jan 11, 2018 11:54 am

Post by sheepsaysmeep »

there's a dead tracker
there has to be at least one I
momo
momo
Mafia Scum
momo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1181 (ISO) » Thu Jan 11, 2018 12:26 pm

Post by momo »

Okay, these bull shit mathdino votes are not getting us anywhere!

This is not me defending a buddy but stating the obvious...md is scumhunting...he is trying to crack the setups...md has a meta of trying to crack setups as town along with substansive scum hunting....please stop wasting your votes

Join us on the screen wagon...can anyone tell me that they honestly townread that slot
Transcend
-BUT READING MOMO I FEEL LIKE HE IS THE PLAYER THAT IF HE GOT PRESSURED AS TOWN HE WULD BE LIKE FUCK YALL AND MOVE ON WITH WHATEVER ELSE HE WAS DOING
Boonskies
- Like, Momo is the most mislynchable player on all of mafiascum right now. I'm not day 1 lynching him.
TheGoldenParadox
As it stands, momo is a great player or maybe the most mislynchable player on the site right now
sheepsaysmeep
sheepsaysmeep
he
Jack of All Trades
sheepsaysmeep
he
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1182 (ISO) » Thu Jan 11, 2018 12:28 pm

Post by sheepsaysmeep »

i honestly townread that slot
sheepsaysmeep
sheepsaysmeep
he
Jack of All Trades
sheepsaysmeep
he
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1183 (ISO) » Thu Jan 11, 2018 12:28 pm

Post by sheepsaysmeep »

find me a town game where he rolefishes like this?
Mathdino
Mathdino
Survivor
Mathdino
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1184 (ISO) » Thu Jan 11, 2018 12:37 pm

Post by Mathdino »

I'll do it. I brag about Open games like notches on my bedpost. Check my game history. Following is all of my completed Opens:

I broke Hard Boiled by forcing the Hider to claim. Then someone claimed my role (in an attempt to avoid my setupbreak) and I WIFOM'd the shit out of them all day. Won.

I hardbroke Stack the Deck as IC. It's a semi-open with a set list of possible town PRs. Scum claimed PR and I made a confirmation circle that resulted in scum basically choking and giving up. One got vigged.

I PR hunted Pick Your Power X/Y as town and figured out who half the roles were, deducing which ones were town. Ended up getting vigged (after I was fucking cop cleared) because the vig couldn't figure out how I knew he was vig. Dumb. But we won.

I created a strategy in Noughts and Crosses Mafia that would lead to an EXTREMELY likely win for town. They ended up losing in LyLo.

While we're at it, I even broke mastin's bastard Hilariously Imbalanced Mafia also by getting PRs to confirm each other. Scum choked.

The setups that I did not break:

Mason-based setups. Impossible to break. Lost Friends & Enemies Mafia.

Hope Plus One is unbreakable. I can't remember what I did here, but I'm pretty sure I filled up 10 pages arguing with my scumpartner about some dumb shit. I did not request any claims, but I'm amazing at PR hunting and just shot them all at night and won.

Enemy of my Enemy is multiball which is shit. And I was scum. That's the game where I faked a townslip. Got shot by the other team and lost.
Mathdino
Mathdino
Survivor
Mathdino
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1185 (ISO) » Thu Jan 11, 2018 12:42 pm

Post by Mathdino »

I also tried to semibreak Diffusion of Power but got killed N1 for my efforts and town lost.

I have no memory nor the effort to go check my own open games, but it's fucking hilarious how opposed people are to my strategies in every game.
Impede
Impede
Goon
Impede
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1186 (ISO) » Thu Jan 11, 2018 12:51 pm

Post by Impede »

How the hell do we know there's an SK!??!?!?!?!?! No one has answered this for me. FFS
Town: 5-1 | Scum: 0-1
Permanently on a mental V/LA
Impede
Impede
Goon
Impede
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1187 (ISO) » Thu Jan 11, 2018 12:52 pm

Post by Impede »

You guys are dismissing 2T and 6T like they are foregone conclusions, but I don't see what makes them impossible. Seems to me like everyone has decided there is a SK, but we don't know that, could be a Vig.
sheepsaysmeep
sheepsaysmeep
he
Jack of All Trades
sheepsaysmeep
he
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1188 (ISO) » Thu Jan 11, 2018 12:54 pm

Post by sheepsaysmeep »

no one claimed the shot yet
Mathdino
Mathdino
Survivor
Mathdino
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1189 (ISO) » Thu Jan 11, 2018 12:56 pm

Post by Mathdino »

[font=][font=][/font][/font]
In post 1186, Impede wrote:How the hell do we know there's an SK!??!?!?!?!?! No one has answered this for me. FFS
You a vig?

If there is a vig, mafia shot A50 and I guess we'll do NKA on that weird scenario.

If there's not, mafia shot Jay (because Jay is a bigger threat to mafia than to SK) and SK shot A50.

Vigilantes should have claimed by now. Last chance to claim that shot. Please otherwise post "not vig" when you can.

Jay should've been cc'd yesterday. Very fact that he wasn't makes me doubt there's a vig.
sheepsaysmeep
sheepsaysmeep
he
Jack of All Trades
sheepsaysmeep
he
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1190 (ISO) » Thu Jan 11, 2018 12:58 pm

Post by sheepsaysmeep »

not vig
AnonymousGhost
AnonymousGhost
Mafia Scum
AnonymousGhost
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1191 (ISO) » Thu Jan 11, 2018 1:58 pm

Post by AnonymousGhost »

Not vigilante.
Impede
Impede
Goon
Impede
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1192 (ISO) » Thu Jan 11, 2018 2:05 pm

Post by Impede »

Not Vig.

Yeah. Seems highly unlikely that we have a Vig, but still possible. The other one wouldn’t have counterclaimed necessarily because of the(slight) possibility of 3K or 4K which have 2
Mathdino
Mathdino
Survivor
Mathdino
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1193 (ISO) » Thu Jan 11, 2018 2:15 pm

Post by Mathdino »

sheep and Impede were clearly not vig. fitz did the "if there's a vig" spiel and Una argued mafia killed vig and SK killed A50. Hawk asked for people to claim the shot.

Only possible vigs left are Kop, momo, and Screenplay
. Assemble moved off Jay on vigclaim so it's really just Kop or momo.

With that certainty, let's get back to work.
Hawk
Hawk
Mafia Scum
Hawk
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1194 (ISO) » Thu Jan 11, 2018 2:22 pm

Post by Hawk »

UNVOTE:

Not vig. Sufficient to say I'm not entirely convinced but I'm more willing to explore other options... Tho I swear to god Math Dino if that was an actual scumslip I'll never townread your shit again.

I'll post more later. Also sheep I thought slipped but it might be possible I was the only one semi following all the spec talk and caught that we can't assume 2 maf.

Also Impede were saying there is SK because at this point unless Fitz or Kop failed to claim everyone has chimed in that they aren't Vig or had ample time to claim.
Hawk
Hawk
Mafia Scum
Hawk
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1195 (ISO) » Thu Jan 11, 2018 2:36 pm

Post by Hawk »

Hey math why couldn't SK have shot Jay?? I either forget or didn't read why we came go that conclusion if there is an SK...
Mathdino
Mathdino
Survivor
Mathdino
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1196 (ISO) » Thu Jan 11, 2018 2:41 pm

Post by Mathdino »

I guess they could have if they were stupid.

SK most likely took a bulletproof (do they have a choice in this setup?). I forget what the other power was.

Given that, if Jay jayvigged the SK, everyone would be like "Oh well, must've been roleblocked or JK fucked it for some reason". SK is not in danger.

Furthermore, Jay has a chance of vigging mafia, since his suspects were well suspected anyway. FURTHERMORE, SK can potentially get Jay lynched by saying "lol Jay is just SK".

Vig is a much higher danger to mafia than SK. It would be crazy to kill the vig as SK. And mafia would be crazy not to kill the vig.
Srceenplay
Srceenplay
Jack of All Trades
Srceenplay
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1197 (ISO) » Thu Jan 11, 2018 2:54 pm

Post by Srceenplay »

Jay posted a pool. Someone find it. Thx.
"A man can not be too careful on the choices of his enemies." Oscar Wilde
Mathdino
Mathdino
Survivor
Mathdino
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1198 (ISO) » Thu Jan 11, 2018 2:56 pm

Post by Mathdino »

In post 962, JaydragonKing wrote:On a related note, Momo/Fitz/Red is officially my three potential shots. Stating it now, so kindly prepare around that.
Screenplay, I see where you're going with this.

You're suggesting there's mafia or SK in one of these 3?
Srceenplay
Srceenplay
Jack of All Trades
Srceenplay
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1199 (ISO) » Thu Jan 11, 2018 2:57 pm

Post by Srceenplay »

Possible
"A man can not be too careful on the choices of his enemies." Oscar Wilde

Return to “Completed Open Games”