MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #3600 (ISO) » Wed Jan 10, 2018 5:33 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 3568, Bulbazak wrote:
In post 3486, MathBlade wrote:Ugh and Bulba you were right it was totally fake me bussing Radiant.

Was going through RL shit and Radiant was strongly suggesting things the exact opposite of how I play as scum.

And as scum sometimes I bus sometimes I don’t.
With this and Night and Day, any time I see you go down as scum from now on, I'm looking for buddies bussing you.
In post 3489, Mulch wrote: I've never seen someone as bad as Smocaine was this game, literally mislynched every person at full confidence, (got mislynched themselves?), and then has the audacity to act like an ass postgame
And this is why I said Smocaine's alignment was uncertain in Surreptitious. I was sitting in the spoiled PT watching him continually tank, so when he replaced in S2, "could be that bad" was a legit option. I just couldn't say why because a.) this game was ongoing and b.) he was still alive. I'm sorry if it came off as insulting, but this game told me not to put any weight to anything Smocaine said.
I almost never go down as scum though. That’s the thing.

I can count on one hand the amount of times where that mattered.
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #3601 (ISO) » Wed Jan 10, 2018 5:34 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 3489, Mulch wrote:I've never seen someone as bad as Smocaine was this game, literally mislynched every person at full confidence, (got mislynched themselves?), and then has the audacity to act like an ass postgame
And this is why I said Smocaine's alignment was uncertain in Surreptitious. I was sitting in the spoiled PT watching him continually tank, so when he replaced in S2, "could be that bad" was a legit option. I just couldn't say why because a.) this game was ongoing and b.) he was still alive. I'm sorry if it came off as insulting, but this game told me not to put any weight to anything Smocaine said.
Btw, I am making no comment about the competency of Smocaine here (I actually don't have a problem with him, unpopular opinion as that may be), but this game did at least give me
familiarity
with Smocaine, such that when I saw him in at least one other game (that being, Beneath the Mask), I was not shellshocked by it as it were. I was more exposed to him because of knowing he was town in this game and watching the entire time.

Basically, I think it takes some time to adjust, as it were, to Smocaine's posting. That you want to call him scum and you want to call him bad, but if given the right stimuli, you can get more mileage out, so to speak.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #3602 (ISO) » Wed Jan 10, 2018 5:37 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 3569, mhsmith0 wrote:weak vig, IC, 1-guilty cop, 2-shot vig, non-consecutive doctor
plus a 4-man all town hood (which is kind of gimmicky, and with zero investigatives in it)
Town neighbors aren't PRs and aren't extra town power, so I basically count them as their role or as essentially VT's barring explcit hood coordinating power such as a cop in the hood, masonizer, etc (scum neighbors of course ARE powerful but 203 didn't have those)
For what it's worth--the IC was modified such that it revealed specifically only to the all-town neighborhood, did so at an early point, and was not nightkilled, which was treated for most of the game as soft-clearing the neighborhood as being all-town. The weak vig was also inside the neighborhood. So in that regard, there
was
coordination. At least in theory.

So in that sense the neighborhood was stronger, but not by much.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #3603 (ISO) » Wed Jan 10, 2018 5:40 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 3597, Alisae wrote:
In post 3534, mastina wrote:What might be viable is for me to CO-mod a game.
Spoiler:
ur mine
You know it. ;)
(In the modding sense that is. :shifty: )
Aronis
Aronis
Just here for the Pagetop!
Aronis

Post Post #3604 (ISO) » Wed Jan 10, 2018 6:36 pm

Post by Aronis »

In post 3472, Smocaine wrote:I'm sorry theta and Aronis. I will get better and lynch obvscum like Math and Camn in the future.
dw, it's okay. you were like the best player even w/ the screw up
CheekyTeeky
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3605 (ISO) » Thu Jan 11, 2018 2:09 am

Post by CheekyTeeky »

GG scum
skirt skirt
skirt skirt
Mafia Scum
skirt skirt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3606 (ISO) » Thu Jan 11, 2018 6:38 pm

Post by skirt skirt »

I was lurking this game, and scum got me. Very good play, I especially don't think I ever woulsve caught camn, and maybe the others but doubt it tbqh. Setup is fine balance, a very well deserved win on play.

Please never pick scum team without said pick being public knowledge though. Town absolutely deserved to lose this, but that said, a secret custom team is a huge scum buff. I would agree the setup is scumsided with it (again, not discounting the fact I don't think the best townie outplayed the worst scum play wise), and I think you're underestimating how much it changes. This setup couldv e been insanely scumsided depending how much you interfered, but of course you are also a game mod and I know you wouldn't go overboard with your mafia stuff to that point (and I saw in the scum thread they didn't want you to regardless), so moot point. Also, atop beating yourself up, modding is a volunteer activity and shit happens.

GG. Glad I didn't sub in, would've been an L.
Mathdino
Mathdino
Survivor
Mathdino
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3607 (ISO) » Fri Jan 12, 2018 11:11 am

Post by Mathdino »

Hindsight is 20/20, but a fun compromise might've been to just handpick Not_Mafia as the vig instead of RC.
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #3608 (ISO) » Fri Jan 12, 2018 3:10 pm

Post by Alisae »

In post 3601, mastina wrote:
In post 3489, Mulch wrote:I've never seen someone as bad as Smocaine was this game, literally mislynched every person at full confidence, (got mislynched themselves?), and then has the audacity to act like an ass postgame
Btw, I am making no comment about the competency of Smocaine here (I actually don't have a problem with him, unpopular opinion as that may be), but this game did at least give me
familiarity
with Smocaine, such that when I saw him in at least one other game (that being, Beneath the Mask), I was not shellshocked by it as it were. I was more exposed to him because of knowing he was town in this game and watching the entire time.

Basically, I think it takes some time to adjust, as it were, to Smocaine's posting. That you want to call him scum and you want to call him bad, but if given the right stimuli, you can get more mileage out, so to speak.
I'll have you know Smocaine is a professional mafia player as well as a professional pubg player.
GTKAS
| here.
Titus
Titus
She/her/hers
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her/hers
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her/hers

Post Post #3609 (ISO) » Fri Jan 12, 2018 8:54 pm

Post by Titus »

I'm sorry for not posting. I got so bored without town to talk to. I felt like there was no show so I kept telling myself I'd do it later.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.

All hail the Scum Empress!
MarioManiac4
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3610 (ISO) » Fri Jan 12, 2018 9:30 pm

Post by MarioManiac4 »