Post by LlamaFluff »

Vote Count

DiamondSentinel (4) - sheepsaysmeep, cytheflyguy, Mathblade, RedFlavor
cytheflyguy (3) - Toranaga, Sky_Paladin, Mathdino
sheepsaysmeep (2) - DiamondSentinel, momo
momo (1) - Lalendra

Not Voting (2) - Kop, hyung

With 12 alive it takes 7 to lynch.

Deadline for day one is January 25th 7PM PST in (expired on 2018-01-25 19:00:00)

Please be mindful of rule 14, do not spam posts.
Co-host of The USL Show
GeoGuessr: USL Pony
Fall Guys: Scary Hopping Bonkus
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #751 (ISO) » Thu Jan 11, 2018 7:17 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 744, Mathdino wrote:Mathblade, I don't know about you but this is weirdly working on me. Diamond's self-meta is correct. I'm having trouble figuring out who Dia/Sky are scum with if not cy/Lalendra.

I honestly really want that to be the scumteam because "La/cy in the Sky with DiamondS" is fucking perfect.

VOTE: cytheflyguy

So yeah gimme thoughts. I also need thoughts on sheep/Tora's responses ASAP. And when you're on I wanna talk about the sheep/Tora/Red theory.

Sky, besides that team (for which I'm seeing both tells for and against), what team are you gunning for?
#DEBS the movie

I am punting on what I said I am too tired

We have days.
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Mathdino
Mathdino
Survivor
Mathdino
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #752 (ISO) » Thu Jan 11, 2018 11:38 pm

Post by Mathdino »

In post 742, Sky_Paladin wrote:Late the-day-before when I was salty I was thinking about a tactical modkill to force LYLO this dayphase but I felt that was a bit dirty. But the thought of "Is there some way that I can show I am prepared to kill myself to save the game" stuck with me and then I considered, there is no reality where scum would deliberately put themselves at L-1 with some players willing to vote and at least one threatening to hammer.

Whether that is actually a real/good thing to do is something I'd have to put more thought into before ever committing to it because anybody can go 'Self vote is a scum vote' and hammer, and that would be non AI and therefore useless in LYLO.
You know what, fuck it, I'm willing to believe this actually.

@Sky:
Please explain exactly when in the day you were considering tactically modkilling yourself, and how you planned to do so.

So in terms of my working-with-these-guys perspective (as in they're not scum), here are the scumteams I'm thinking of:
Lal/cy + Kop/momo: Kop/momo never voted Lal/cy despite giving lip service to my ideas and my alignment. Counter is that Lalendra pounced on Kop/momo after the non-scumslip, and it was conceivable that they'd get speedlynched.

Lal/cy + Red: No comment yet.

Kop/momo + Red: The ultimate "I don't give a fuck about this game" team. Weird that Kop/momo didn't help out tho.

sheep/Tora + Red: Also no comment.

Teams I'm explicitly not thinking of:
sheep/Tora + Lal/cy: sheep could easily have voted someone else and I'd have sheeped him earlier.

sheep/Tora + Kop/momo: Jumped too hard on the "scumslip".

sheep/Tora + Sky/Diamond: This very obviously makes no sense from the sheep/Tora angle. Sky/Diamond on the other hand would likely bus.
Lalendra
Lalendra
Mafia Scum
Lalendra
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #753 (ISO) » Fri Jan 12, 2018 3:11 am

Post by Lalendra »

1) I really hope that you're not confbiased on sky/diamond/lal/cy just because you came up with a (admittedly awesome) pun for the scumteam name
2) Sorry about not being more active, I worked until 1030pm last night and am back at work now so I'm reading but won't be able to do anything but phonepost for a bit.
Sky_Paladin
Sky_Paladin
Mafia Scum
Sky_Paladin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #754 (ISO) » Fri Jan 12, 2018 3:16 am

Post by Sky_Paladin »

I'm continuing the deep dive on Sheep - in response to Dino's question re tac-selfkill.

This post became pretty large and is probably relevant only to Dino, so I'm spoilering it. It's probably interesting reading for anybody who was curious about my self-vote speculation.

Spoiler:
It was pretty much right after I hit post on 587. I don't know how the timezone conversion works out for what you see but for me that was 1:20 am. I figured at this point I was done arguing with you for the main reason that we are generating these huge posts that were increasingly looking like a town-v-town that was actually going to make it harder for us all. EG every time Sheep refers to one of our pages full of posts and goes "I'm not reading that" is a credible explanation for why any scum player can get a free pass on "Yeah I haven't been paying attention because Sky/Dino walls". I'd laid out what felt like my best "Look at this blatant scum posting!!" and it felt like nobody cared. So that was kind of the point of acceptance where I resolved, OK, I can't get a lynch on Dino, but maybe I can leave a big smoking trail and get my revenge in LYLO when players look at my alignment flip and go "Well sheesh, Sky was right, let's auto lynch Dino." That exact motivation is what created post 587.

The point that had me start to reconsider my position was in your 581 when you said:
Like I said before, had you asked something like "I'm getting a lot of interactive tells suggesting sheep is scum because 1. reason 2. reason, can you analyse their posts so I can get a second opinion?" I'd have been a lot more trusting.
I had read it and re-read it a couple of times because I was going through your posts for that 587 but that point stuck with me and even in my incoherent towny rage, I had to accept that this was a fair point. I had no response accept to accept that it was true but I was just too angry to want to admit it. So I sidestepped it at the time. I was more concerned with being right and winning the internet argument than proving you were scum.

It was in this mindset that I started looking for ways that I could 'prove' I was town. I thought that the easiest way would be just to post information from the private topic which would provoke a modkill. Then I thought well probably the mod would hide my alignment information anyway, and carry the game on as if nothing had happened. Then I thought huh, but with 10 players, that is actually LYLO.

So I started writing a message to Llama that basically said:

Hey I am considering a tactical mod-kill on myself. The way I would do this is to post a direct quote from our private channel.
The tactical reason is to force the town to be at LYLO now so that we can get all this drama out of the thread and focus on the game.
I realise this is rule breaking and probably a bannable offense but

And I couldn't complete that 'but' sentence. So I sighed, deleted it all, and went to take a shower. However the idea of self destruct was in my head and later on the next day when I saw I was at L-2, and Blade was giving me trouble because damned-if-I-do, damned-if-I-don't, I thought, well it doesn't really matter where I put my vote Blade will always see it as scummy, maybe I should put it on myself because scum would never do that in this specific setup.

So the idea was there. But I went to sleep troubled by your 581 because that struck a chord with me and I felt that, I hadn't really accounted for that properly. That's the feeling that inspired
This sense of entitlement, that they deserve a please and thank you, doesn't come from town.
in my post 614 when I woke up. I think you can see the tone of 314/315 is markedly different even though the message is similar to what has come in prior posts. Then your 617 comes and
I'm not reevaluating my read on sheep/Tora because I'm so far in that reevaluating them or unlocktowning them would completely unravel any semblance of a strategy I have.
And I thought "ha ha got you now motherfucker, that's gamblers fallacy! After all I've invested, finally it's all gonna pay off!" and I started typing and I thought wait a minute it feels like I've been here before. And then I had to go to work and disappear so I just said, well, I'll get back to you when I can (and I guess that is what this post has become).

I had 'invested' so much into a Dino lynch to prove I was right that he/Sheep were scum that I was continuing to try to invest to get an even bigger payoff, so to speak. However that horse was not actually in the race. At first I thought it was just because I was failing to pursuade a largely passive audience that I had the right ticket but as the game has increasingly gone on, and I was starting to have more doubt, I felt that perhaps the reason nobody was agreeing was because my argument was wrong.
At this point I was starting to pursuade myself to dis-invest myself from what I had 'spent' so far and this is echoed in the following posts afterwards, hamfistedly typed up on my phone. These were partly motivated by seeing my partner Diamond make what appeared to be the same mistake - we had spent so much of our time going after Dino and not really focusing on the fact that there were two other scum players out there, and even if we couldn't find scum, we could still try and town sort. I sat down in good faith in 672 to do a full deep dive in response to your post 665 but I am married and my wife owns me so :V

(I am not confident I can complete a full iso of sheep in the next 24 hours but I do have Australian Sunday afternoon free specifically for this purpose.)

So when I came in this morning and saw with dismay Diamond's posts, I realised, that player is still in the same righteous rage state that I was in 24 hours ago. When he said;
I'm convinced that a town that would mislynch me is just laying down and letting the mafia walk all over them.
I thought that this is completely the wrong attitude and is easily lynchable because appeal to emotion and holy damn that arrogance. I wanted to vote him! And then I saw we were at L-2, and suddenly I remembered my self-vote strat, and so that is how post 738 came to be. When I saw you had been engaging Sheep it was like my light bulb moment and I realised, I need to support Dino here because this looks like TvT to me now and the only way through is to work together. Hence my comment in that same post that my opinion of your slot had improved.

Well that's the whole Westside story. I realise it's a lot more than you asked for, and not exactly what you were looking for, but I hope it helps you see my train of thought and derive useful information out of it.

I've learned my lesson about not shitting up the game thread with giant wall posts, I'm spoilering this whole thing now.

I'm heading to bed and will be stuck on my phone for the next 20 or so hours so I will not be able to pay little more than read/update votes for that time frame.

However I promise you I will get you your answers within the next 72 hours.
Mathdino
Mathdino
Survivor
Mathdino
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #755 (ISO) » Fri Jan 12, 2018 7:20 am

Post by Mathdino »

It's enough.
I'd like Mathblade to read it
Like, it's pretty good. Paranoia says that I would kick my own ass if I changed my reads later based on some defence but it's obviously more beneficial to work together for now. If you're scum I'm more interested in catching your partnerpair I think.

Keep in mind I'm more invested in my townread of Tora. "Sheep sheep" was my motto because sheep was the only one hanging around doing anything (and was the first one to vote). This might've created the impression that I was strongly townreading sheep when it was more of a townlean on sheep informed by my townread of Tora. But do what you will.
Lalendra
Lalendra
Mafia Scum
Lalendra
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #756 (ISO) » Fri Jan 12, 2018 9:24 am

Post by Lalendra »

In post 755, Mathdino wrote:This might've created the impression that I was strongly townreading sheep when it was more of a townlean on sheep informed by my townread of Tora.
You called sheeping sheep "joining the locktown wagon" previously, and now you're saying it's just a townlean?
Mathdino
Mathdino
Survivor
Mathdino
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #757 (ISO) » Fri Jan 12, 2018 9:26 am

Post by Mathdino »

Independently, sheep is a townlean. Tora read is stronger and thus overpowers sheep.
sheepsaysmeep
sheepsaysmeep
he
Jack of All Trades
sheepsaysmeep
he
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: he

Post Post #758 (ISO) » Fri Jan 12, 2018 9:27 am

Post by sheepsaysmeep »

request replacement

it's only fair at this point
Mathdino
Mathdino
Survivor
Mathdino
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #759 (ISO) » Fri Jan 12, 2018 9:33 am

Post by Mathdino »

Jesus fuck this game is all replacements
Toranaga
Toranaga
Jack of All Trades
Toranaga
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #760 (ISO) » Fri Jan 12, 2018 9:45 am

Post by Toranaga »

In post 758, sheepsaysmeep wrote:
request replacement

it's only fair at this point
why

dude this game is probably ending when we lynch someone lol
sheepsaysmeep
sheepsaysmeep
he
Jack of All Trades
sheepsaysmeep
he
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #761 (ISO) » Fri Jan 12, 2018 9:46 am

Post by sheepsaysmeep »

nvm
i think i can flake until game end
Toranaga
Toranaga
Jack of All Trades
Toranaga
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #762 (ISO) » Fri Jan 12, 2018 9:48 am

Post by Toranaga »

In post 761, sheepsaysmeep wrote:
nvm
i think i can flake until game end
:thumbsup:

don't want some asshole replacing you :P
Mathdino
Mathdino
Survivor
Mathdino
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #763 (ISO) » Fri Jan 12, 2018 9:50 am

Post by Mathdino »

so sheep is town or someone has to argue to me that he would fake that or do that as scum

honestly can we just quicklynch cy/Lalendra to get this game going

it's clearly Sky/Diamond's most likely partner and at the very least their death helps with that
RedFlavor
RedFlavor
Mafia Scum
RedFlavor
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #764 (ISO) » Fri Jan 12, 2018 9:54 am

Post by RedFlavor »

Ok let's go
Mathdino
Mathdino
Survivor
Mathdino
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #765 (ISO) » Fri Jan 12, 2018 10:03 am

Post by Mathdino »

In post 750, LlamaFluff wrote:DiamondSentinel (4) - sheepsaysmeep, cytheflyguy, Mathblade, RedFlavor
Sad!
Mathdino
Mathdino
Survivor
Mathdino
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #766 (ISO) » Fri Jan 12, 2018 10:04 am

Post by Mathdino »

WAIT RED YOU NEED TO ANSWER MY QUESTIONS
here

full sentences/explanations please
RedFlavor
RedFlavor
Mafia Scum
RedFlavor
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #767 (ISO) » Fri Jan 12, 2018 10:09 am

Post by RedFlavor »

Ok answering in 7-8 hours
Toranaga
Toranaga
Jack of All Trades
Toranaga
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #768 (ISO) » Fri Jan 12, 2018 10:12 am

Post by Toranaga »

In post 765, Mathdino wrote:
In post 750, LlamaFluff wrote:DiamondSentinel (4) - sheepsaysmeep, cytheflyguy, Mathblade, RedFlavor
Sad!
even wagonomics agree cy is a better lynch imo
Mathdino
Mathdino
Survivor
Mathdino
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #769 (ISO) » Fri Jan 12, 2018 10:15 am

Post by Mathdino »

In post 768, Toranaga wrote:
In post 765, Mathdino wrote:
Sad!
even wagonomics agree cy is a better lynch imo
I don't care if Ben Bernanke himself replaces sheep's ass, I just want to play mafia not Wagonomics Wonderland
sheepsaysmeep
sheepsaysmeep
he
Jack of All Trades
sheepsaysmeep
he
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #770 (ISO) » Fri Jan 12, 2018 10:16 am

Post by sheepsaysmeep »

sure VOTE: cy

pedit lmao
Toranaga
Toranaga
Jack of All Trades
Toranaga
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #771 (ISO) » Fri Jan 12, 2018 10:17 am

Post by Toranaga »

redflavor is on diamond which makes 4 different lover pair possibilities on DS

IDT bussing in this game works
Mathdino
Mathdino
Survivor
Mathdino
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #772 (ISO) » Fri Jan 12, 2018 10:33 am

Post by Mathdino »

In post 771, Toranaga wrote:redflavor is on diamond which makes 4 different lover pair possibilities on DS

IDT bussing in this game works
bussing in this setup is how every mafia team has won
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #773 (ISO) » Fri Jan 12, 2018 3:04 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 755, Mathdino wrote:It's enough.
I'd like Mathblade to read it
Like, it's pretty good. Paranoia says that I would kick my own ass if I changed my reads later based on some defence but it's obviously more beneficial to work together for now. If you're scum I'm more interested in catching your partnerpair I think.

Keep in mind I'm more invested in my townread of Tora. "Sheep sheep" was my motto because sheep was the only one hanging around doing anything (and was the first one to vote). This might've created the impression that I was strongly townreading sheep when it was more of a townlean on sheep informed by my townread of Tora. But do what you will.
Just waiting on dinner when I get home. Read backwards will hopefully see what I need to read
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #774 (ISO) » Fri Jan 12, 2018 3:06 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 742, Sky_Paladin wrote:
I see no value in self-voting as town tbh. Aren't you interested in who else is willing to vote you?
Tora has already indicated intent to hammer and, Sheep temporarily getting off the wagon notwithstanding, my countervote on Cy has no real value to distinguish that we're not partnered together if there's no other votes there - something Blade has pointed out.

Late the-day-before when I was salty I was thinking about a tactical modkill to force LYLO this dayphase but I felt that was a bit dirty. But the thought of "Is there some way that I can show I am prepared to kill myself to save the game" stuck with me and then I considered, there is no reality where scum would deliberately put themselves at L-1 with some players willing to vote and at least one threatening to hammer.

Whether that is actually a real/good thing to do is something I'd have to put more thought into before ever committing to it because anybody can go 'Self vote is a scum vote' and hammer, and that would be non AI and therefore useless in LYLO.
I have put myself as L-1 to weaken resolve.

I don’t like this point.
GTKAS -- MathBlade

Return to “Completed Open Games”