Player Titles - Ideas, Suggestions, & Comments

A subforum entirely dedicated to the discussion of titles. The title fairy has carte blanche in this subforum.
vonflare
vonflare
doot
vonflare
doot
doot

Post Post #102 (isolation #0) » Fri Mar 31, 2017 12:56 am

Post by vonflare »

what was the purpose of this change tho. allowing people to choose their own title removes the only appealing aspect of titles. It also devalues all the titles given before.

I'm still not convinced this isnt an april fools joke
THIS POST IS PROVIDED "AS IS", WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT.
vonflare
vonflare
doot
vonflare
doot
doot

Post Post #105 (isolation #1) » Fri Mar 31, 2017 1:07 am

Post by vonflare »

In post 104, Not Chara wrote:now i need to decide what title i want for two days before this feature is removed.
Frisk, obviously
THIS POST IS PROVIDED "AS IS", WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT.
vonflare
vonflare
doot
vonflare
doot
doot

Post Post #107 (isolation #2) » Fri Mar 31, 2017 2:45 am

Post by vonflare »

PIZZA ZIZI DONT BE NO SNITCH
vonflare
vonflare
doot
vonflare
doot
doot

Post Post #108 (isolation #3) » Fri Mar 31, 2017 2:45 am

Post by vonflare »

but srsly im interested to see where this goes.

its def a joke tho
vonflare
vonflare
doot
vonflare
doot
doot

Post Post #111 (isolation #4) » Fri Mar 31, 2017 4:04 am

Post by vonflare »

In post 109, Davsto wrote:> Kuroi suggests something
> Literally every single person disagrees with him and says it would be crap
> Psyche ignores everyone else and implements it
> It's crap
kek
vonflare
vonflare
doot
vonflare
doot
doot

Post Post #115 (isolation #5) » Fri Mar 31, 2017 6:05 am

Post by vonflare »

so it's not an april fools? hmm....
vonflare
vonflare
doot
vonflare
doot
doot

Post Post #117 (isolation #6) » Fri Mar 31, 2017 6:12 am

Post by vonflare »

I think we should go back to the old way. That is my feedback for the feedback thread.
vonflare
vonflare
doot
vonflare
doot
doot

Post Post #120 (isolation #7) » Fri Mar 31, 2017 6:16 am

Post by vonflare »

nom giga for
stumped
vonflare
vonflare
doot
vonflare
doot
doot

Post Post #127 (isolation #8) » Fri Mar 31, 2017 6:25 am

Post by vonflare »

In post 122, -Grey- wrote:The old way was a bit too much "good old boys" club.

I'm on board with players being allowed to ask for a title, I just think there should be standards applied to those requests.

Approving titles simply because they do not break site rules allow for titles such as "I am garbage", and while that title may technically be acceptable according to site rules, it's not exactly healthy. It promotes a negative self-image and an expectation of unworthiness. Not to mention it's just bad for site morale. Regardless of how the member may feel about themselves, they should not have a negative image validated with a title.
Have you ever interacted with cheet
vonflare
vonflare
doot
vonflare
doot
doot

Post Post #131 (isolation #9) » Fri Mar 31, 2017 7:21 am

Post by vonflare »

In post 130, Spiffeh wrote:I think zoraster not doing anything about it makes it way more likely it's just an April Fool's joke.
yep this
vonflare
vonflare
doot
vonflare
doot
doot

Post Post #137 (isolation #10) » Fri Mar 31, 2017 7:25 am

Post by vonflare »

pizza zizi keeps saying 'its not april' but its def close enough for an april fools joke to begin bby
vonflare
vonflare
doot
vonflare
doot
doot

Post Post #149 (isolation #11) » Fri Mar 31, 2017 1:02 pm

Post by vonflare »

top kek
vonflare
vonflare
doot
vonflare
doot
doot

Post Post #162 (isolation #12) » Sat Apr 01, 2017 4:51 pm

Post by vonflare »

In post 160, mhsmith0 wrote:Anyone who thought this was real has a pretty major gullibility problem tbh. It was fairly obviously a joke from the very start.
thats my line
vonflare
vonflare
doot
vonflare
doot
doot

Post Post #193 (isolation #13) » Tue Apr 25, 2017 7:41 am

Post by vonflare »

In post 190, xyzzy wrote:Did you ever hear the tragedy of Darth Psyche The Wise? I thought not. It’s not a story the other moderators would tell you. It’s a Title Fairy legend. Darth Psyche was a Dark Lord of the Title Fairy subforum, so powerful and so wise he could use the Force to influence the midichlorians to create titles… He had such a knowledge of the dark side that he could even keep the ones he cared about from having bad titles. The dark side of the Force is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be unnatural. He became so powerful… the only thing he was afraid of was losing his power, which eventually, of course, he did. Unfortunately, he taught his apprentice everything he knew, then his apprentice killed him in his sleep. Ironic. He could save others from death, but not himself.
on second thought i want this as my title
vonflare
vonflare
doot
vonflare
doot
doot

Post Post #195 (isolation #14) » Tue Apr 25, 2017 8:22 am

Post by vonflare »

a masterpiece
vonflare
vonflare
doot
vonflare
doot
doot

Post Post #233 (isolation #15) » Fri Jan 12, 2018 7:38 am

Post by vonflare »

In post 231, Psyche wrote: I might be diminishing my role as arbiter over whether a title is good or not, and instead focus on just smoothly carrying out my administrative duties for the thread and enforcing its rules. This shift will accompany changes to said rules, though, with the goal of us having a title process whose output quality doesn't depend so much on the whims/tastes of the current fairy.
this part is interesting.

will titles that previously received the requisite number of Nths but were rejected by your personal tastes be open for voting again?

Return to “Player Titles”