Mini Normal 1980: TwoInAMillion - The First Game(Town Win!)

CultOfAthena
CultOfAthena
Goon
CultOfAthena
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4 (isolation #0) » Thu Dec 28, 2017 7:55 am

Post by CultOfAthena »

Fro99er, skitter30 and Clusk92 – scumteam of people with numbers in their names? I think so.

VOTE: Fro99er
CultOfAthena
CultOfAthena
Goon
CultOfAthena
Goon
Goon

Post Post #35 (isolation #1) » Thu Dec 28, 2017 10:59 am

Post by CultOfAthena »

VOTE: Fro99er
CultOfAthena
CultOfAthena
Goon
CultOfAthena
Goon
Goon

Post Post #40 (isolation #2) » Thu Dec 28, 2017 11:03 am

Post by CultOfAthena »

Ah, are we getting serious now? Here are some page one reads for you all:

FL doesn't cast a vote, which I always think is bad. Nobody takes him up on his bait / joke, except perhaps Clusk.

Frogger asks people to sheep his vote onto himself – I'm unfamiliar with him so I'm unsure of whether or not it's in his playstyle to do this as scum.

YoshiFan has an awkward initial post and also avoids voting on the Frogger wagon until later, not even joining any wagon initially. Doesn't seem to want to draw attention to himself – scumlean.

@Srceenplay, why did you quote UCV in ?

Clusk and skitter both avoid the Frogger wagon. Skitter's vote on the Sephiroth wagon seems to me to be a repeat of Lalendra's reasoning, which is odd.

Skitter also takes what seems to me to be an obvious joke in seriously. Skitter, did you think FL wasn't joking?
CultOfAthena
CultOfAthena
Goon
CultOfAthena
Goon
Goon

Post Post #42 (isolation #3) » Thu Dec 28, 2017 11:06 am

Post by CultOfAthena »

In post 38, Sephiroth wrote:I don't think hes trolling but I also don't think there's an acceptable reason to put someone at -1 when you think they're town. Maybe he is a jester, who the fuck knows.

unvote, vote: flavorleaf
Jesters are explicitly not allowed as part of the Normal guidelines.
In post 39, BigYoshiFan wrote:UNVOTE:
Why unvote?
CultOfAthena
CultOfAthena
Goon
CultOfAthena
Goon
Goon

Post Post #45 (isolation #4) » Thu Dec 28, 2017 11:12 am

Post by CultOfAthena »

In post 43, BigYoshiFan wrote:This wagon isn't going anywhere. Why keep him at L-1?
Are you saying you think there's no chance that Frogger gets lynched today? If so, it's pretty early to be saying that, don't you think? If not, what are you saying?

An early L-1 is a great way to start the game off. It gets people talking, gets reactions going. Given that the L-1 was made explicitly clear, anyone who quickhammers would scumclaim. What's the downside?
CultOfAthena
CultOfAthena
Goon
CultOfAthena
Goon
Goon

Post Post #52 (isolation #5) » Thu Dec 28, 2017 11:19 am

Post by CultOfAthena »

In post 47, skitter30 wrote:I don't think RVS wagons are inherently interesting or meaningful by themselves. They become interesting when people ascribe meaning to them, like when someone casts a L-1 vote on page 2 without announcing it, or when someone starts attributing motivation to people's interactions with the wagon.
Really? I find that RVS is often the
best
place to try to catch scum out – they haven't had a chance to fully put their defenses up yet, and with little town content to go off of they'll usually fall back on certain easy to find principles: don't stand out, try to distance yourself from buddies, look for any easy targets to jump on, et cetera.

What's "interesting" about attributing motivation to people's interactions with the wagon?
CultOfAthena
CultOfAthena
Goon
CultOfAthena
Goon
Goon

Post Post #62 (isolation #6) » Thu Dec 28, 2017 11:25 am

Post by CultOfAthena »

In post 50, BigYoshiFan wrote: I'm saying I doubt this wagon will provide us with any information than it has already, if any. Frogger isn't gonna react since this wagon wasn't formed with any intent to lynch, also being the one to encourage its formation. FL voting him to L-1 really doesn't mean anything to me, nor do I think it would for anyone else. Keeping him at L-1 has more potential for harm than I see good.
I can see where you're coming from on the first point, even if I disagree. FL voting him to L-1 really doesn't mean
anything
to you? Really? You can't find any meaning in that action?
In post 53, BigYoshiFan wrote: What about my initial post was awkward? Just saying "Hi." is so awkward you need to point it out and relate it to a scumread?
It's hard to explain in words. Most people make a joke or talk about some past game or just naked vote as their first post. Just saying "Hi" feels like you were trying to think of something to insert yourself into the thread with smoothly, which goes along with not voting anyone who was already being voted. Like I said – page one reads. They're just something to get the game moving.
CultOfAthena
CultOfAthena
Goon
CultOfAthena
Goon
Goon

Post Post #64 (isolation #7) » Thu Dec 28, 2017 11:29 am

Post by CultOfAthena »

In post 55, skitter30 wrote:
In post 35, CultOfAthena wrote:VOTE: Fro99er
What was the purpose of this vote?
It was a fake hammer – a reaction test. I didn't have anything specific I was looking for in responses, just looking for responses in general. Frogger ruined it, however.
In post 57, Stitch wrote:I townread Yoshi for how he went about the unvote.
Why?
In post 60, Stitch wrote:Athena, what is your Yoshi read?
Leaning towards scum. Why do you ask?
CultOfAthena
CultOfAthena
Goon
CultOfAthena
Goon
Goon

Post Post #71 (isolation #8) » Thu Dec 28, 2017 11:37 am

Post by CultOfAthena »

In post 67, BigYoshiFan wrote: I said "Hi" to purposefully be humorously awkward. It's ruined now. :cry:
Why are you lying?
In post 68, Stitch wrote: Blank unvote and then posting content. Imo it shows more worry about the quickhammer than anything else they could have done.
Are you disregarding the possibility that Yoshi and Frogger are scumbuddies?
CultOfAthena
CultOfAthena
Goon
CultOfAthena
Goon
Goon

Post Post #79 (isolation #9) » Thu Dec 28, 2017 11:44 am

Post by CultOfAthena »

In post 70, skitter30 wrote:I'm having trouble articulating this, but I'll try.

Like these sorts of wagons are usually used as a vehicle to get out of RVS. Like they're used to initiate conversation, exactly like you're doing here. We're having this convo now because you found the fact that I stayed off the wagon to be worth probing. To me, the Fro99er wagon now has meaning and has become interesting, because people care enough about it to talk about it.

While it's probably significant that the wagon built on Fro99er in particular, until these convos start happening, I won't be able to understand or see that significance, until people start talking about it and interactions build and conversations happen. I can't see the things you like about RVS wagons until people care enough to start talking about them.

I dunno, I hope that made sense.
Okay, I think I understand more of what you're saying now. I thought you were saying those things were "interesting" to try to cast shade without actually making a concrete statement. RVS wagons and these early discussions are all just something to take into context when reviewing later in the game, anyways.
In post 73, skitter30 wrote:
In post 64, CultOfAthena wrote:It was a fake hammer – a reaction test. I didn't have anything specific I was looking for in responses, just looking for responses in general. Frogger ruined it, however.
Got it; was wondering what the point of a *second* reaction test along the same vein was
Eh, I didn't put that much thought into it – just saw the opportunity and took it.
In post 74, BigYoshiFan wrote:
In post 71, CultOfAthena wrote:
In post 67, BigYoshiFan wrote: I said "Hi" to purposefully be humorously awkward. It's ruined now. :cry:
Why are you lying?
So I said "Hi" and just that to blend myself in. Okay.
If you said "Hi" to purposefully be awkward, why did you make , denying that it was awkward? You only claimed that it was intentional after I talked about how potentially scummy it was.

VOTE: BigYoshiFan
CultOfAthena
CultOfAthena
Goon
CultOfAthena
Goon
Goon

Post Post #87 (isolation #10) » Thu Dec 28, 2017 11:50 am

Post by CultOfAthena »

In post 83, BigYoshiFan wrote:Okay, but was it so awkward that you needed to point it out? It was meant to be awkward but not so much for someone to point it out to this extent.
:neutral:

More votes here, please.
CultOfAthena
CultOfAthena
Goon
CultOfAthena
Goon
Goon

Post Post #95 (isolation #11) » Thu Dec 28, 2017 11:59 am

Post by CultOfAthena »

In post 92, BigYoshiFan wrote:Also, was I supposed to claim that it was intentionally awkward before you pointed it out? It seemed fairly obvious to me.
Instead of implying that it wasn't, if it actually was an intentional move you should have just said so in .
CultOfAthena
CultOfAthena
Goon
CultOfAthena
Goon
Goon

Post Post #96 (isolation #12) » Thu Dec 28, 2017 12:02 pm

Post by CultOfAthena »

In post 94, Clusk92 wrote:This post is a whole load of fluff disguised as scum-hunting.
I'm not making any pretense towards those being highly meaningful conclusions – I thought the term "page one reads" made that clear enough.
Your reason for voting Yoshi is forced as hell.
What's forced about it?
CultOfAthena
CultOfAthena
Goon
CultOfAthena
Goon
Goon

Post Post #255 (isolation #13) » Fri Dec 29, 2017 9:45 am

Post by CultOfAthena »

People seem to be under the impresson that I'm the one making a big deal out of Yoshi's "Hi" – I'm not. I pointed it out as something of note in my page one reads, and he was the one who furthered the conversation and started backtracking to try to justify himself. I probably wouldn't have thought about it much going forward it if he hadn't brought it up.

Also, confused me for a second – I forgot Lalendra was in this game.

I'll finish reading through and respond on a more post-by-post level when I get more time.
CultOfAthena
CultOfAthena
Goon
CultOfAthena
Goon
Goon

Post Post #283 (isolation #14) » Fri Dec 29, 2017 4:26 pm

Post by CultOfAthena »

In post 114, UC Voyager wrote:This isn't game related, but after how many different games we have been in together, I never realized your username was spelt srceen. I thought is was screen
Want to post something that
is
game related?
In post 117, skitter30 wrote:Fro99er - probably town; having trouble seeing scum reaction-test by faking their own hammer on page 2 and leaving themselves in hammerable-range; I feel like scum have more of a survival instinct
I think Frogger is town as well, but the self-wagon is a poor reason to think so.
In post 120, Flavor Leaf wrote:Just because I’m popular, you all don’t think I’m scummy? What is this madness? Scum is likely defending me somewhere.
Why would scum defend you here?
In post 122, Clusk92 wrote:Your basis for thinking he's scum is literally "he made an awkward "Hi" post at the start of the game".
No, it isn't, and if you think so you're either not reading what I'm saying or you're deliberately misrepresenting me. My basis for thinking that he's scum is that he self-consciously felt the need to defend himself as well as the inconsistencies in what he said in his defense.
In post 124, Creature wrote:-snip-
In post 125, Creature wrote:-snip-
Responding to everything that's happened since you've been gone in a massive wall? Someone after my own heart.
CultOfAthena
CultOfAthena
Goon
CultOfAthena
Goon
Goon

Post Post #284 (isolation #15) » Fri Dec 29, 2017 4:26 pm

Post by CultOfAthena »

In post 132, Sephiroth wrote:I don't really find most things that happen in RVS that interesting or noteworthy. You want me to comment on whether Yoshi saying hi was awkward or not? I find something to push a little and I vote for it. Last game it was flubbers "not me" post and in this game its -1ing on someone you say is town. I guess all y'all know who boon is and that makes it okay for him but I have no clue.
If you're using not finding most things in RVS meaningful as a reason for (or perhaps, an excuse for) not interacting with the thread, when do you believe RVS ended? How much of the game so far has been "RVS" to you?
In post 147, Sephiroth wrote:stitch or UC Voyager.
In post 148, Sephiroth wrote:or Clusk
Three low activity players – do you find most active players to be townie?
In post 245, Fro99er wrote:Screen
COA Stitch

Yoshi FL UCV Creature Clusk

Transcendi <-- Null

Lalendra

Skittle Seph
Why are UCV and Clusk above null?
In post 258, Creature wrote:Don't worry Cult, you're being amazingly fine.
Hm?
In post 271, Flavor Leaf wrote:VOTE: Skitter

I’ve been scum with you twice. I don’t fabricate as scum, no need. I have a degree in BS’ing, and you should know this.
In post 272, Flavor Leaf wrote:Oh, good. Froggy’s calling skitts out too.
This reads as fake. Frogger posted half an hour before you did – did you really not notice what he had said before you posted?
CultOfAthena
CultOfAthena
Goon
CultOfAthena
Goon
Goon

Post Post #306 (isolation #16) » Fri Dec 29, 2017 7:22 pm

Post by CultOfAthena »

In post 299, BigYoshiFan wrote:She looks like she's asking questions for the sake of asking questions. I feel like it's such scattered and miniscule details she's nitpicking at that wouldn't materialize into anything.
I've received this accusation incredibly frequently. What I have to say is this – there's a lot of information to be gained from details you may not think of. Just because you don't see what there is to be gained doesn't mean that there
isn't
anything to be gained.

I don't even get why you're saying this here specifically, though. Usually when people say this to me I actually am asking a question that seems pointless but is actually revealing. I don't see anything that would even be perceived as pointless here, however.
CultOfAthena
CultOfAthena
Goon
CultOfAthena
Goon
Goon

Post Post #310 (isolation #17) » Fri Dec 29, 2017 7:24 pm

Post by CultOfAthena »

In post 308, Transcend wrote:
In post 298, Transcend wrote:doggogut tells me to lynch the fuak out of coa
because i'd say this about my hardest townread right ;)
Hey, it seemed to work for FL, didn't it?
CultOfAthena
CultOfAthena
Goon
CultOfAthena
Goon
Goon

Post Post #364 (isolation #18) » Sat Dec 30, 2017 8:22 am

Post by CultOfAthena »

In post 323, Flavor Leaf wrote:I think coa is scum, I’m in a fireplace right now. But yeah, coa is scum. If i wrong I’ll eat my pants.
Why?

Also, I'd appreciate if you would respond to my questions again when you're less drunk.
In post 332, Stitch wrote: This reaction doesn't look real to me.

too lazy to quote this again but I agree with Athena's posts not having a lot of purpose. There's stuff like "I think Frogger is town as well, but the self-wagon is a poor reason to think so." that has no reason to be there, it's not like she's trying to start a conversation with it so its pretty weird.

VOTE: CultofAthena

I still want Seph to respond to the above. I think the skitters case has good intentions behind it but I still think she's town from how she handled them. After someone points out your meta you're likely to unintentionally change your posts a bit to match what they've said. skitters isn't doing that.
What about what you quoted has no purpose? I was stating my read on Frogger as well as saying that the self-wagon is a lazy reason to townread someone. I probably could have elabroated more, but trying to say that there's no purpose there is just flat-out wrong.

Nice scummy hop-on, by the way. All you've done this game is hop on consensus wagons and do some low-effort "pressuring" of whoever's under fire at the time.
CultOfAthena
CultOfAthena
Goon
CultOfAthena
Goon
Goon

Post Post #366 (isolation #19) » Sat Dec 30, 2017 8:29 am

Post by CultOfAthena »

In post 362, Sephiroth wrote:
unvote, vote: lalendra

I just bold my votes, I don't really use the [ v ] tag.
Weren't you saying that you didn't think Lalendra's activity was AI earlier? Why are you voting a lurker instead of one of your scumreads?

@Wrangle, here's me calling out bad townreads on scum in my second post in a game:
In post 49, CultOfAthena wrote:I'm not a fan of the cy townreads at all. It doesn't take a townie to point out logical fallacies. Trying to turn a game of mafia into debate club is actually a scumread for me - scum's knowledge of the game won't affect their posting at all if all they're doing is arguing logic or theory.

Impede, zaraki, LG, mind explaining what makes cy town in your eyes?
CultOfAthena
CultOfAthena
Goon
CultOfAthena
Goon
Goon

Post Post #368 (isolation #20) » Sat Dec 30, 2017 8:37 am

Post by CultOfAthena »

Man, is it something about the way I type?

The "Hi" itself was never a big deal. It's the fact that he seemingly lied about it.
CultOfAthena
CultOfAthena
Goon
CultOfAthena
Goon
Goon

Post Post #942 (isolation #21) » Wed Jan 03, 2018 12:15 pm

Post by CultOfAthena »

If I can't get to this by tomorrow then I'll replace out. Apologies.
CultOfAthena
CultOfAthena
Goon
CultOfAthena
Goon
Goon

Post Post #943 (isolation #22) » Wed Jan 03, 2018 12:21 pm

Post by CultOfAthena »

Oops! Looks like i'm already replaced.
CultOfAthena
CultOfAthena
Goon
CultOfAthena
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2022 (isolation #23) » Fri Jan 12, 2018 12:33 pm

Post by CultOfAthena »

Good game, everyone. Apologies about my inactivity and eventual replacement.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”