Micro 770: Killer In The Penthouse Game Over

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #16 (isolation #0) » Sun Jan 07, 2018 8:49 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 5, northsidegal wrote:i hope everyone who's joined understands the optimal way to play assassin in the palace, or is
at the least
willing to do so
how can you be willing to play optimally if you don't yet understand it? :P

but yes I fully agree with what's been posted so far that in this setup, most content (reads & reasoning) is anti-town to share
VOTE: Hopkirk
"I think I no longer believe in monsters as faces in the floor or feral infants or vampires or whatever. I think at seventeen now I believe the only real monsters might be the type of liar where there's simply no way to tell. The ones who give nothing away"
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #43 (isolation #1) » Mon Jan 08, 2018 3:46 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

somebody hammer
"I think I no longer believe in monsters as faces in the floor or feral infants or vampires or whatever. I think at seventeen now I believe the only real monsters might be the type of liar where there's simply no way to tell. The ones who give nothing away"
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #63 (isolation #2) » Wed Jan 10, 2018 9:18 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 61, SnarkySnowman wrote:Can we talk about my comments on the strategy and why I think random lynching is flawed / not good / also not fun?
no. you gave no alternate strategy to consider and the entire point of the setup is to keep the assassin uninformed about who the billionaire is. any public scumhunting just gives the assassin information. and again, it's not random lynching.

also winning is the most fun of all

VOTE: SnarkySnowman
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #67 (isolation #3) » Wed Jan 10, 2018 11:39 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

the assassin only gets 2 night kills, game has to end at 5p one way or the other
In post 65, SnarkySnowman wrote:clever play can increase that a lot.
disagree entirely, there is no way to convince other people that you've found the assassin without cluing the assassin to who the billionaire is. any arguing for/against any lynch will only narrow the billionaire pool for the assassin. you can intentionally use WIFOM but you couldn't ever come clean about it and that won't help town at all either.

that's the last I'll say about this, we can discuss post game. and you are not the arbiter of what is more or less fun, I personally would have more fun if people don't put my wincon at risk by talking too much
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #73 (isolation #4) » Wed Jan 10, 2018 3:59 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

btw just in case anyone else doesn't understand the set up we are not voting or lynching tomorrow and just waiting for the assassin to take his/her shot. I don't believe it's called out in the rules but I assume town should automatically win a happy-ever-after scenario here by default if the assassin refuses to kill, clarification from the mod might help
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #74 (isolation #5) » Wed Jan 10, 2018 4:04 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

now that I think about it it would have been better play to just no vote / no lynch every day and force the assassin to use NKs on the maximum pool of people

not sure if there's something in the rules against this
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #75 (isolation #6) » Wed Jan 10, 2018 4:08 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

actually I guess the way it's balanced is happy-ever-after is a draw, if it gets to 3p LYLO then billionaire and last BG turbo lynch assassin and assassin has 50-50 chance of winning with their twilight shot

nvm what I said
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #87 (isolation #7) » Fri Jan 12, 2018 12:29 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

I protected northsidegal because I knew she was a guard and I wanted her alive, but I assumed SOMEONE would have covered wilky, damn

Archwing did you know he was the Billionaire or did you just take a guess shot?
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #89 (isolation #8) » Fri Jan 12, 2018 1:16 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

also, on the "no information" strategy, guards should have still been identifying other guards and narrowing the pool. This is why we kept saying it wasn't random. northsidegal was obviously a guard by knowing Hopkirk wasn't the billionaire. sheep was likely a guard due to how he L-2'd multiple wagons, which would be risky play if he was an assassin not knowing whether they could have been on the billionaire
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #90 (isolation #9) » Fri Jan 12, 2018 1:22 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

also, I don't think Hopkirk should have posted this
In post 51, Hopkirk wrote:Should pay attention to whose on the wagon now.
Not assassin.
if I were the assassin I would have maybe thought it was WIFOM, but that it definitely increased the probability that the billionaire was not on Hopkirk's wagon. small things like this give clues and better inform the assassin's judgment, which is why talking in this setup is extremely anti-town. there's no way to scumhunt without showing everyone that the player you're suspecting is clearly not the billionaire
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #91 (isolation #10) » Fri Jan 12, 2018 1:23 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 75, GuiltyLion wrote:actually I guess the way it's balanced is happy-ever-after is a draw, if it gets to 3p LYLO then billionaire and last BG turbo lynch assassin and assassin has 50-50 chance of winning with their twilight shot

nvm what I said
and to be fair and criticize myself, this was arguably a guard!slip as well, because billionaire wouldn't know who to "turbolynch" in LYLO. I regretted this post a lot after making it
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #93 (isolation #11) » Fri Jan 12, 2018 2:09 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

Ah to clarify, NSG's slip was more like a townslip to other BGs more than a "not billionaire" slip. Billionaire!NSG could have posted the same thing from your perspective. But assassin!NSG would never have said "you guys messed up, Hopkirk needs to die" when he was at L-2 like that

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”