profii
profii
Jack of All Trades
profii
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #25 (ISO) » Mon Jan 15, 2018 2:36 am

Post by profii »

well everyone bar Acryon has posted, I was hoping to wait for everyone, but I'm too impatient to wait for the prod reaction etc.

Anyway, firstly

UNVOTE: Profii

It obviously wasn't a serious vote - however, if you lot decide it was super scummy and move to lynch me - that's ok but before the hammer, I can tell you it's an ok play for town but definitely not the best... consider that a breadcrumb for later.

Anyway, I don't like RVS, so seeing as I had the chance at first post, I thought I'd do something to generate reactions and to me it looks like we are starting to move away from RVS on page 1 so I think we are doing ok.

All I have really achieved is a couple of reactions:

Firstly, rb's was quite a big one. I really don't like that fake 'first' post either.
Thor didn't RVS - by technically, sheeping isn't random ;)
Flavour Leaf is an alt for Boon who I believe self votes often, he avoided me.

I think we just save these reactions for later, perhaps these people will incriminate themselves later.
however, I like the follow up post by Thor here.

I don't like
Sauce trying to role speculate.
eth0s posting about the rules way after his original post - a bit of a forced town slip, as obviously, mafia don't need to read the rules to know there is day talk.

I can't make my mind up over rb's reaction without WIFOM'ing over it - he could be scum hunting and call my play a double bluff, i.e. "profii self votes, profii says first voter is scum starting a wagon - therefore, the bluff is scum!profii uses the play to cast shade on whoever gets on the wagon and lead the town that way"

If RB hadn't made that weird 'first' fake post then I would have said he was town trying to scum hunt me but was just wrong. But because of that weird post I am now thinking he could just as easily be scum double bluffing my play to cast shade on me. Time will tell, FoS for now.
Sauce
Sauce
Goon
Sauce
Goon
Goon

Post Post #26 (ISO) » Mon Jan 15, 2018 2:45 am

Post by Sauce »

profii baiting ppl into talking about ongoing games with his self vote doesn't seem ai to me atm.
profii
profii
Jack of All Trades
profii
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #27 (ISO) » Mon Jan 15, 2018 2:47 am

Post by profii »

he's done it elsewhere I definitely don't want to talk about that game!
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #28 (ISO) » Mon Jan 15, 2018 3:15 am

Post by Thor665 »

In post 24, Sauce wrote:@Thor maybe
So you might have an issue with it and are undecided?
What are you planning to do to help decide if it's okay or scummy?
In post 24, Sauce wrote:
In post 23, Thor665 wrote:I'm intentionally not asking rb a question because he's the only player (besides maaaaaybe Dunkerdoodles) who is at least trying to gamesolve and generate actual value.
Are you confessing to not trying to gamesolve and generate actual value?
I don't think I am because nothing in there says that.
How do you translate what I said to get that conclusion?
In post 25, profii wrote:It obviously wasn't a serious vote - however, if you lot decide it was super scummy and move to lynch me - that's ok but before the hammer, I can tell you it's an ok play for town but definitely not the best... consider that a breadcrumb for later.
This is super weak.
Also, if your entire self vote was a gambit for reads (barf) and you got reactions that made you question rb and other posts to question eth0s and Sauce.

Why aren't you voting one of them as your top scumread right now?
Fake effort is fake?
acryon
acryon
Mafia Scum
acryon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #29 (ISO) » Mon Jan 15, 2018 3:21 am

Post by acryon »

In post 25, profii wrote:I don't like
Sauce trying to role speculate.
eth0s posting about the rules way after his original post - a bit of a forced town slip, as obviously, mafia don't need to read the rules to know there is day talk.
Agree completely with both of these.
I can't make my mind up over rb's reaction without WIFOM'ing over it - he could be scum hunting and call my play a double bluff, i.e. "profii self votes, profii says first voter is scum starting a wagon - therefore, the bluff is scum!profii uses the play to cast shade on whoever gets on the wagon and lead the town that way"

If RB hadn't made that weird 'first' fake post then I would have said he was town trying to scum hunt me but was just wrong. But because of that weird post I am now thinking he could just as easily be scum double bluffing my play to cast shade on me. Time will tell, FoS for now.
I think you're just looking too much into this. He was not that serious.
In post 22, Sauce wrote:I'm guessing there are 2 mafia, maybe an SK too.
Piggybacking on profii here. This is total faux-content. Adds zero to the game.

VOTE: Sauce
Get to know me! | Unavailable on nights and weekends.
rb
rb
Survivor
rb
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #30 (ISO) » Mon Jan 15, 2018 3:22 am

Post by rb »

no but profii is even more scum now
profii
profii
Jack of All Trades
profii
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #31 (ISO) » Mon Jan 15, 2018 4:31 am

Post by profii »

In post 28, Thor665 wrote:
Also, if your entire self vote was a gambit for reads (barf) and you got reactions that made you question rb and other posts to question eth0s and Sauce.
Put your selves in my shoes. You self voted and got the reactions. Who do you vote for?

If you can draw a firm read out of that, then you are a better player than me.

If you are saying I should commit to someone, it would probably be you. Quietly sneaking on the self lynch is an easy way to form a wagon, which is something scum will want.
Asking Flavour Leaf to sheep you, further backs this up

VOTE: Thor655

I still don't like Sauce's posts, so could place a lynch there quite easily too
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #32 (ISO) » Mon Jan 15, 2018 4:45 am

Post by Thor665 »

In post 31, profii wrote:Put your selves in my shoes. You self voted and got the reactions. Who do you vote for?
I don't know because I don't play with bad reaction tests that don't test scum/town intent.
In post 31, profii wrote:If you can draw a firm read out of that, then you are a better player than me.
You claimed three reads and didn't vote a single one of them - that's why I asked you about it.
You're now avoiding answering the rather straightforward question with random bluster and a counter attack.
In post 31, profii wrote:If you are saying I should commit to someone, it would probably be you. Quietly sneaking on the self lynch is an easy way to form a wagon, which is something scum will want.
Asking Flavour Leaf to sheep you, further backs this up
How was my vote on you quiet - especially since you seem to think I was directly asking for someone to sheep me?
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #33 (ISO) » Mon Jan 15, 2018 4:46 am

Post by Thor665 »

@Profii

https://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?ti ... ng_as_Town

For your education if you are town.
Though that reaction makes me really want to flip you now.
profii
profii
Jack of All Trades
profii
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #34 (ISO) » Mon Jan 15, 2018 5:07 am

Post by profii »

quiet - relative to rb.

as I said, flipping me is fine but if I get to intent I'll explain why.
Lalendra
Lalendra
Mafia Scum
Lalendra
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #35 (ISO) » Mon Jan 15, 2018 8:02 am

Post by Lalendra »

Agreeing with Thor that the content profii is producing doesn't feel town. I especially dislike his push on rb, I didn't see anything alignment-indicative in what he said. 25 feels forced and as if he is trying to generate content. I'm fairly certain that of the people he mentioned, most are town and 1-2 are his buddies. Also not sure why he's trying so hard to breadcrumb his alignment/role this early.

UNVOTE:
FOS profii
acryon
acryon
Mafia Scum
acryon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #36 (ISO) » Mon Jan 15, 2018 8:06 am

Post by acryon »

In post 35, Lalendra wrote:Agreeing with Thor that the content profii is producing doesn't feel town. I especially dislike his push on rb, I didn't see anything alignment-indicative in what he said. 25 feels forced and as if he is trying to generate content. I'm fairly certain that of the people he mentioned, most are town and 1-2 are his buddies. Also not sure why he's trying so hard to breadcrumb his alignment/role this early.

UNVOTE:
FOS profii
Is there a reason you would FOS profii and not just vote?
Lalendra
Lalendra
Mafia Scum
Lalendra
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #37 (ISO) » Mon Jan 15, 2018 8:17 am

Post by Lalendra »

It's REALLY early, so I don't really feel the need to vote him until I'm sure. His later posts could redeem him, so I wanted to see more first.
Sauce
Sauce
Goon
Sauce
Goon
Goon

Post Post #38 (ISO) » Mon Jan 15, 2018 8:37 am

Post by Sauce »

So you might have an issue with it and are undecided?
What are you planning to do to help decide if it's okay or scummy?
I'm not aware of any plans pertaining to any supposed issues or indecision with regard to whether the expressed FOS ought to induce the emotional stimuli you inquired about.

Even if you're going to ignore that what you've based the construction of your correspondence with me on is best interpreted within the context of satire and/or gamestage prepubescence, there's no reason for any rational person to make logic-out-of-bound assumptions, like the one that 2 players random-voting the same player should induce outrage in a player who was random voting one of them and -- for the sake of argument let's say -- seriously FOS-ing the other.. It's weird if you are furthermore implying there's something left to be investigated.

But that's not even where you draw the line, at least I seem to pick up an additional insinuation pertaining to a potential unwillingness to investigate this fictional unresolved issue, and frankly I'd just welcome you dropping this thing as opposed to asking you to elaborate on whether or not that is the case and what it entails.

Related -- although perhaps not directly -- I'd be weary of the robotic manner in which what I've said in that post is being used against me to allege role speculation if I weren't to optimistically conclude that we are yet to enter a stage in the game where things expressed are to be taken as the genuinely views of the author and not warped out of proportion -- in terms of worthiness of being expressed and level of alignment indication -- to fit the notion that needless verbosity is required to somehow propel the game out of rvs.
Sauce
Sauce
Goon
Sauce
Goon
Goon

Post Post #39 (ISO) » Mon Jan 15, 2018 8:41 am

Post by Sauce »

In post 24, Sauce wrote:
In post 23, Thor665 wrote:I'm intentionally not asking rb a question because he's the only player (besides maaaaaybe Dunkerdoodles) who is at least trying to gamesolve and generate actual value.
Are you confessing to not trying to gamesolve and generate actual value?
I don't think I am because nothing in there says that.
Sauce
Sauce
Goon
Sauce
Goon
Goon

Post Post #40 (ISO) » Mon Jan 15, 2018 8:42 am

Post by Sauce »

In post 28, Thor665 wrote:How do you translate what I said to get that conclusion?
No translation was necessary. I simply expressed what was implied, reversed 'you are' and attached a question mark to it, to point out that you didn't include yourself into the list of players who are supposedly trying to solve the game and generate actual value.
acryon
acryon
Mafia Scum
acryon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #41 (ISO) » Mon Jan 15, 2018 8:44 am

Post by acryon »

In post 38, Sauce wrote:Related -- although perhaps not directly -- I'd be weary of the robotic manner in which what I've said in that post is being used against me to allege role speculation if I weren't to optimistically conclude that we are yet to enter a stage in the game where things expressed are to be taken as the genuinely views of the author and not warped out of proportion -- in terms of worthiness of being expressed and level of alignment indication -- to fit the notion that needless verbosity is required to somehow propel the game out of rvs.
Except that my point was exactly regarding verbosity. You used more words (several) to express a non-point than necessary (zero).
Sauce
Sauce
Goon
Sauce
Goon
Goon

Post Post #42 (ISO) » Mon Jan 15, 2018 8:46 am

Post by Sauce »

Needless to say I don't find speculating about the amount of mafia players in this game to be a non-point.
Sauce
Sauce
Goon
Sauce
Goon
Goon

Post Post #43 (ISO) » Mon Jan 15, 2018 9:04 am

Post by Sauce »

In post 25, profii wrote:
All I have really achieved
is a couple of reactions:
This is the only thing I find interesting about the whole self-vote and what came out of it, and it's not much. In the game that just ended I correctly identified Elmo TeH AzN was scum by tonereading her posts, resulting in the assumption that she was ..
In post 183, Sauce wrote:actively forging a shell, an image of how she ought to be perceived, instead of just letting the raw nature of interaction flow freely. I seem to think she tries to be controlling of how people approach her posts, sort of a wrapping them in instructions, by placing pointers compelling them not to overlook how she does what she does, and I therefore believe she is too shy to let the actions of her posts speak for themselves. Maybe it's because she's aware that they lack the power to be interpreted as townie, and that would be ok since there hasn't been a lot to go by to warrant interesting reactions. However if I'd look for
one scum between all 4 female players
, I'd say
Elmo
right now, because she stands out.
The "All I'm doing" label profii has pinned on there gives me sort of the same vibe.
Dunkerdoodles
Dunkerdoodles
Mafia Scum
Dunkerdoodles
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #44 (ISO) » Mon Jan 15, 2018 9:19 am

Post by Dunkerdoodles »

Thor also scum
Why did you make a wall post page 1
profii
profii
Jack of All Trades
profii
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #45 (ISO) » Mon Jan 15, 2018 9:52 am

Post by profii »

In post 44, Dunkerdoodles wrote:Thor also scum
And we have our first scum

VOTE: Dunkerdoodles
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #46 (ISO) » Mon Jan 15, 2018 10:07 am

Post by Thor665 »

In post 34, profii wrote:quiet - relative to rb.

If I am only quiet in comparison to rb - how does that make my quiet scum intentioned?
In post 38, Sauce wrote:I'm not aware of any plans pertaining to any supposed issues or indecision with regard to whether the expressed FOS ought to induce the emotional stimuli you inquired about.
I did make a presumption that any expressed FOS is worth exploring - is it your intention to *not* follow up on your thoughts?
Why even enter into that discussion? It would be an admittance of low quality play - so, therefore there is presumably a reason you're doing nothing.
What is it?
In post 38, Sauce wrote:But that's not even where you draw the line, at least I seem to pick up an additional insinuation pertaining to a potential unwillingness to investigate this fictional unresolved issue, and frankly I'd just welcome you dropping this thing as opposed to asking you to elaborate on whether or not that is the case and what it entails.
It is assuredly the case.
In post 40, Sauce wrote:
In post 28, Thor665 wrote:How do you translate what I said to get that conclusion?
No translation was necessary. I simply expressed what was implied, reversed 'you are' and attached a question mark to it, to point out that you didn't include yourself into the list of players who are supposedly trying to solve the game and generate actual value.
You mean you'd like me to offer updates on how I think I'm town?
I could do it - seems stupid.
So your question was just sturm and drang then?
Refer to above first posited question to you in this post then.
In post 42, Sauce wrote:Needless to say I don't find speculating about the amount of mafia players in this game to be a non-point.
Why is that?
I see no particular gain in it today - what gain do you see?
(I will clarify that I'm not daft enough to call it scummy - but it is apparently wasted air)
I did it because the game state needed a kick in the pants to prevent my personal boredom.
Why is making a wall on Page 1 scummy?
profii
profii
Jack of All Trades
profii
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #47 (ISO) » Mon Jan 15, 2018 10:12 am

Post by profii »

In post 46, Thor665 wrote:
In post 34, profii wrote:quiet - relative to rb.

If I am only quiet in comparison to rb - how does that make my quiet scum intentioned?
In post 38, Sauce wrote:I'm not aware of any plans pertaining to any supposed issues or indecision with regard to whether the expressed FOS ought to induce the emotional stimuli you inquired about.
I did make a presumption that any expressed FOS is worth exploring - is it your intention to *not* follow up on your thoughts?
Why even enter into that discussion? It would be an admittance of low quality play - so, therefore there is presumably a reason you're doing nothing.
What is it?
In post 38, Sauce wrote:But that's not even where you draw the line, at least I seem to pick up an additional insinuation pertaining to a potential unwillingness to investigate this fictional unresolved issue, and frankly I'd just welcome you dropping this thing as opposed to asking you to elaborate on whether or not that is the case and what it entails.
It is assuredly the case.
In post 40, Sauce wrote:
You mean you'd like me to offer updates on how I think I'm town?
I could do it - seems stupid.
So your question was just sturm and drang then?
Refer to above first posited question to you in this post then.
In post 42, Sauce wrote:Needless to say I don't find speculating about the amount of mafia players in this game to be a non-point.
Why is that?
I see no particular gain in it today - what gain do you see?
(I will clarify that I'm not daft enough to call it scummy - but it is apparently wasted air)
I did it because the game state needed a kick in the pants to prevent my personal boredom.
Why is making a wall on Page 1 scummy?
doesnt matter you are town. You are the main person pushing me because it’s the normal reaction to a self vote (as per your wiki lol)

First person to push back on you is going to push you as scum tomorrow for lynching me (as they know we are both town so they can call you instrumental in the mislynch)

And that was dunker- I had to call you until someone pushed you as scum
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #48 (ISO) » Mon Jan 15, 2018 10:18 am

Post by Thor665 »

I'm not holding my breath on the accuracy of that - but it's not like Dunker is radiating town to me either, so rock on.
It's either a gambit I dislike or you hard aborting from a push you realize isn't working for you.
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #49 (ISO) » Mon Jan 15, 2018 10:25 am

Post by Flavor Leaf »

VOTE: Lalendra

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”