HeWhoSwims
HeWhoSwims
Mafia Scum
HeWhoSwims
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #24 (isolation #0) » Wed Jan 10, 2018 6:53 pm

Post by HeWhoSwims »

Hi everyone, let's make it a good game and good luck!

VOTE: Thor665
HeWhoSwims
HeWhoSwims
Mafia Scum
HeWhoSwims
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #62 (isolation #1) » Thu Jan 11, 2018 8:24 am

Post by HeWhoSwims »

Uh, I think the argument for the first poster to be scum is weak :? Penguin might've just been around when the game started, or had an email notification, or was doing mod stuff...

If Thor is using/blowing up the argument towards Penguin to get out of RVS maybe that would point to the scum reaction being to defend Penguin and try to get an easy mislynch in Thor (who I doubt is scum, scum wanting to mislynch Penguin this early would be way too obvious I think - and hey, at least Thor is causing discussion which I consider pro town). That could point to Beef as scum. But, it's early so it's nothing set in stone of course.

makes sense, let's see those reads then. Although I don't think page 1 reads can really help scumhunting at this stage.

Anywho neither argument towards Penguin or EP really makes sense.
HeWhoSwims
HeWhoSwims
Mafia Scum
HeWhoSwims
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #66 (isolation #2) » Thu Jan 11, 2018 8:47 am

Post by HeWhoSwims »

I'm not one to usually have solid reads right out of RVS, but I am townlean on Thor now for, as I said, scumhunting (although it's OTT) is a catalyst for discussion -> is good. Would scum!Thor really want to put that much attention onto themselves that early?

I can see why you get vague impressions but I don't think they'll be helpful to the game... someone isn't scum or town based on the way they cast a vote in RVS or say hello to competitors :? so having impressions is okay, but why mention them as you said?

pedit: Since I'm still on thor, UNVOTE: as well.
HeWhoSwims
HeWhoSwims
Mafia Scum
HeWhoSwims
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #69 (isolation #3) » Thu Jan 11, 2018 8:59 am

Post by HeWhoSwims »

Yeah it's WIFOM (If I too am using the term correctly) but it strikes me more as town than scum. I haven't metadived or anything but I'll believe the people saying this about Thor. It takes away from the case for town!Thor. My initial train of thought was just that scum scumhunting would bring more risks (getting heat + generating discussion) than benefits, if you see what I'm saying. And no I don't want to pin down Thor in any way. We're not underway for 24h let alone an entire gameday. Reads are bound to shift. Same goes for Maxous, it's a small suspicious thing he's doing but that alone doesn't warrant a lynch, I'd say.
HeWhoSwims
HeWhoSwims
Mafia Scum
HeWhoSwims
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #79 (isolation #4) » Thu Jan 11, 2018 9:38 am

Post by HeWhoSwims »

Yeah, I like Moneybags too so far. Questioning is good especially to get the game rolling.

What did you mean by "I'm not reading" if I may ask...? PP said something about the back end of the site which he was working on, that's a viable reason to be online during the start, no? I didn't feel there was any other clarification as to why he was online and as I said I don't think posting early is necessarily AI.
HeWhoSwims
HeWhoSwims
Mafia Scum
HeWhoSwims
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #164 (isolation #5) » Fri Jan 12, 2018 8:18 pm

Post by HeWhoSwims »

Hi, sorry for the inactivity! I was busy+tired yesterday, gonna read from my last post. Gonna put it between spoiler tags.

Spoiler:
I don't really get what Thor is being "angry" about regarding Moneybags. says that the early bird = scum argument is crappy (which I co-sign). Then actually does incriminate Beef as being the one to bite the bait Thor is throwing out by going OTT on PenguinPower. You could call Beef's defense chainsaw here but I'm unsure. However the argument is crappy, and the interaction is NAI for Penguin and - according to the people who know Thor's meta - also NAI for Thor. It is getting us out of RVS though.
CultOfAthena wrote:dislike how PP primarily focused just on Thor.
I hadn't seen this, but it checks out; 85% of the posting is about Thor while also semi-claiming he wants to move away from the argument (). Also not a big fan of his reaction in to . There may be an agressive guy pushing you but a) There are 11 more people in this game, with at least 2 scum there if you're town and b) it's still moreso getting us out of RVS I think.

Unsure on the townread on Mozamis in . Well, not so much about the townread (I see the arguments for that) but moreso why it would be unlikely scum would be setting up stuff for later in the game. I sort of agree on Klick's sentiments about in the same post 95.
Flubbernugget, post 98 wrote:Bella votes are pro town atm]
Why? Bella did something moderately scummy which isn't that incriminating. Why would it be pro town voting Bella if we're basing the assumption Bella=scum on one post?

I like except the assumption that scum would be always distancing in the early game. Why wouldn't scum want to throw a little accusation out which can later be used to say "Look at this, I'm not this guy/gal's partner"? (among other stuff of course)

I'm really hoping is Thor getting us further out of RVS because otherwise the blowing up of the timing argument gets a bit too much for my taste. If it's Thor trying to fish for scum jumping on him as a mislynch... Then that makes Flubber suspicious, and I've not been very convinced by his posts so far that he's town.

@Maxous thanks for the response. I was just thinking he could've been notified when the game started while doing mod stuff but eh, I get what you were saying.
In post 122, mozamis wrote:
In post 66, HeWhoSwims wrote: I can see why you get vague impressions but I don't think they'll be helpful to the game... someone isn't scum or town based on the way they cast a vote in RVS or say hello to competitors :? so having impressions is okay, but why mention them as you said?
so you saying you suspect Mavous or not. I dont like this, it seems like vague scummy shade throwing.
(@ - whoever: my vote wa semi serious - he did seem a bit self conscious, but obv. it wasnt a massive strong read - but i am now happy with it as a serious vote).
Lets get some votes on He whoswims.
I'm not saying here that I suspect or don't suspect Maxous. Even if he's "hiding" the early impressions then that alone doesn't warrant a lynch or makes him a top scum suspect. Doesn't change the fact that I was thinking that bringing up those gut/page 1 impressions was weirdish, seeing it's probably not helpinig town.

Hmmm Bella could be scum seeing a possible mislynch, that's what it pinged me as on a first watch but would scum feel the need to solidify a mislynch wagon this early? Unsure - I'm doubting it. I like Bella interrogating Beef a little bit after this.

@Moneybags why exactly do you think scum can't do a 180 but instead wants to change their mind subtly? Wouldn't that pretty much depend on the playstyle of the scum players...? The rest of is great though and I agree with most of it.

Moneybags: I see the question towards me in , will answer in a separate post.

I like most of but am unsure about the Klick accusation. I also feel the lack of wagon on Bella at this point is not indicative at all...
HeWhoSwims
HeWhoSwims
Mafia Scum
HeWhoSwims
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #166 (isolation #6) » Fri Jan 12, 2018 8:33 pm

Post by HeWhoSwims »

In post 152, Moneybags wrote:HeWhoSwims: What do you think of people like Flub? Has your opinion changed on Max?
I didn't really have a big opinion on Max after my last post. As I said in my catch-up post, I saw a weird thingy but it wasn't enough for me to scumread him. At this moment, I like his game, he's not avoiding any questions and he's weighing in and contributing to discussion. Not a big fan of the Bella vote (or the wagon in general) based solely off her entrance post but I can forgive it :P

As for Flub, some 1-line posts, or posts that are barely getting us to discuss stuff. Examples are . It's empty content, so to speak: it's there, it's in his post count but it's not really helping. It's getting better towards where we are now though. But I still think the arguments towards scum!Bella are weak and Flub seems to be the main pusher of this. Say Maxous is scum, and has a wagon on him this early in the day, then would his scumbuddies really want to go all out and counterwagon Bella purely based on her entrance?

Flub's line of thought seems to be Bella has a weak entrance --> is going to be counterwagoned by scum if she's town. Not a big fan of that train of thought. It would require Maxous to actually be scum (not reading him as such) and even then I doubt scum would want to group together and create a weak wagon as soon as a Max wagon gets a few votes on it.
HeWhoSwims
HeWhoSwims
Mafia Scum
HeWhoSwims
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #176 (isolation #7) » Sat Jan 13, 2018 7:43 am

Post by HeWhoSwims »

In post 174, texcat wrote:
In post 172, Flubbernugget wrote:So make a case or something
Hmmmm...

VOTE: Flubbernugget
Telling me to make a case, when you are not. Plus telling us that voting Bella is a town thing to do, when you are not.
QFT.

Flubber, care to explain why both of these points are a thing?
HeWhoSwims
HeWhoSwims
Mafia Scum
HeWhoSwims
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #181 (isolation #8) » Sat Jan 13, 2018 8:55 am

Post by HeWhoSwims »

Hm, guess I can see that. It just sounded like you were trying to let texcat make a case while ducking suspicion on your own so to speak.

I still think the Bella wagon is really meh but w/e. As long as it's not lynched without more incriminating stuff towards Bella.

pedit: I see moneybags being a voice of reason but don't see why it's bad. Especially in D1 which can be a chaos of accusations/reads without base and the highest amount of players screaming through each other.
HeWhoSwims
HeWhoSwims
Mafia Scum
HeWhoSwims
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #193 (isolation #9) » Sun Jan 14, 2018 2:23 am

Post by HeWhoSwims »

Flubbernugget wrote:I have enough town reads to POE down to 3ish players, making your lack of substance even more damning
How... seriously do you want to consider this PoE in the D1 lynch or even further lynches? Can we (or well, you) really get 7-9 townreads that are strong enough and valid enough to pin one of the others down as undeniable scum? Agree that low activity = contra town but for the sake of town -assuming you're town for now- keep your vision open beyond this early PoE.

@Moneybags thank you for your answer, although I feel trying to see whether scum would take risks or not is a bit of WIFOM if I'm using the word right. Also is a good discussion post again.
In post 185, Bellaphant wrote:@he who swims, can you talk to me about your read on maxous?
I talked about it earlier:
In post 166, HeWhoSwims wrote:I didn't really have a big opinion on Max after my last post. As I said in my catch-up post, I saw a weird thingy but it wasn't enough for me to scumread him. At this moment, I like his game, he's not avoiding any questions and he's weighing in and contributing to discussion. Not a big fan of the Bella vote (or the wagon in general) based solely off her entrance post but I can forgive it
And ever since this Max only posted that he was gonna be inact for a little bit. Ergo, my read hasn't changed. I like his game, slight townlean. I consider it quite a good thing he's not hesitant to answer questions. His vote on Bella doesn't worry me that much at this point.

@Bella, as has been asked... If you are spotting strange behaviour then surely you can elaborate on it? And @Beef, yes we can try out different stuff - but if there's a reason for your vote why not state it? Or is this a completely random vote?
HeWhoSwims
HeWhoSwims
Mafia Scum
HeWhoSwims
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #231 (isolation #10) » Sun Jan 14, 2018 9:36 am

Post by HeWhoSwims »

@moz care to elaborate on your townread on Penguin some more? Personally I think the argument that he spent a lot of his posts on the Penguin-Thor interaction holds up, but I'd love to hear some reasons for which Penguin could be town (yes I read ). I didn't quite get why being slightly annoyed is a towntell though.
In post 214, Klick wrote:I'm not comfortable with this Flubber wagon. This feels misguided and fishy.

Looking into this later today.
Personally my main points for scum!Flubber (although this is not a super solid read thus far) are in . Now texcat isn't scot-free either but the bold statement of "Bella votes are pro town" is very eh, considering Bella had 2 posts so far which was like just over 24 hours into the game. (And once again Bella is ~null for me). Flub elaborated on the "make a case" thing but it did feel to me as though it was trying to pass heat onto others.

pedit: I'll trust mozamis if he has experience with tex that activity is NAI for her... but it's of course better to post more nevertheless :P
HeWhoSwims
HeWhoSwims
Mafia Scum
HeWhoSwims
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #237 (isolation #11) » Sun Jan 14, 2018 9:55 am

Post by HeWhoSwims »

I agree that Beef's read list has some reads based on little substance, but then again... it's early. It's certainly a bit iffy. The COA vote is pretty wtf given that there's no explanation at all.

One thing that worried me about Beef is that he was the first to "jump" on Thor after the latter brought up the timing argument which Thor then later said was to get out of RVS.

Some early reads for now.

Max - townlean, for reasons mentioned earlier

COA - townlean, hasn't posted much but 4 of her 5 posts are rich in content, and the other is an RVS vote which caused major discussion.

Moza - townlean, although there are a lot of 1-line posts he's questioning a lot ( = discussion). Not afraid to flip votes, seems to be keeping his mind open, and seems to be scumhunting too (by the PoE he mentioned earlier and this Beef stuff)

Moneybags - town, putting forward a lot of content and questions. Stronger townlean than the three above.

Flub - scumlean, for reasons mentioned earlier.

Beef - scumlean, see the beginning of this post and moz's arguments (although I don't agree with all of them)

Bella - scumlean, as some of her posts are "empty content" to me. bothers me a little bit. I thought I made my opinion on Maxous pretty clear and expressed I wasn't liking the Bella wagon. I feel like 185 could be Bella trying to side a "swing vote" in me, with her. Any thoughts? It's not something I'm pretty set on right now... but it's still there, y'know.

Penguin - bit of a scumlean, as I said the argument COA made earlier holds up.

Leaves at null: ErrantP, texcat, Klick, and Thor, but apparently we need to read Thor as... Thor.

The townreads/leans are the people I really don't want to lynch today. I can live with the null ones except Thor probably. We have a lot of time left though.
HeWhoSwims
HeWhoSwims
Mafia Scum
HeWhoSwims
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #239 (isolation #12) » Sun Jan 14, 2018 10:06 am

Post by HeWhoSwims »

Happy birthday to him then! :D Family is more important than MS of course ;)
HeWhoSwims
HeWhoSwims
Mafia Scum
HeWhoSwims
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #289 (isolation #13) » Mon Jan 15, 2018 8:49 am

Post by HeWhoSwims »

If it's about Flubber adapting his behaviour... I guess it's scum-ish to be very self conscious, but I'm not seeing it as that strong an argument right now. I find it hard to comment on. I'm not really seeing it as much as you seem to, either.
HeWhoSwims
HeWhoSwims
Mafia Scum
HeWhoSwims
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #291 (isolation #14) » Mon Jan 15, 2018 9:17 am

Post by HeWhoSwims »

In post 290, Maxous wrote:I think Flubber was being brash and a bit clumsy in the early game and changed his approach when he got a bit of flak for it.
I don't think it was particularly scum.
Yeah I guess this puts it well. If he's town why would he not change his playstyle if it's not helping his game / his WC?
HeWhoSwims
HeWhoSwims
Mafia Scum
HeWhoSwims
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #295 (isolation #15) » Mon Jan 15, 2018 9:54 am

Post by HeWhoSwims »

Well, that makes sense too. It's just that I don't consider it necessarily incriminating towards Flubber to change his tone if it's not helping his WC. Sure, he can do the same as scum, so that would make it NAI. I wasn't saying (or trying to say) that it was towny; it just doesn't look like something necessarily scummy for me.
HeWhoSwims
HeWhoSwims
Mafia Scum
HeWhoSwims
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #297 (isolation #16) » Mon Jan 15, 2018 10:41 am

Post by HeWhoSwims »

I don't quite get the "getting dirt on you" part, is that about me or Flubber?

As town you scumhunt yes, but also townhunt. Playing town is not just scumhunting at least for me... it's also making sure you're game solving where you can, in whatever way.
HeWhoSwims
HeWhoSwims
Mafia Scum
HeWhoSwims
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #298 (isolation #17) » Mon Jan 15, 2018 10:52 am

Post by HeWhoSwims »

Oh wait. Get it.

You have a point there. That definitely makes it more suspicious.
HeWhoSwims
HeWhoSwims
Mafia Scum
HeWhoSwims
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #323 (isolation #18) » Tue Jan 16, 2018 9:44 am

Post by HeWhoSwims »

Little time, big exam, short post because other games are eating time. I'm still townlean on Athena but EP has a good point. It seems like a bit of a weird reaction.

Bigger post tomorrow, hopefully. Welcome Transcend and good luck to whatever you are struggling with Bella! :)
HeWhoSwims
HeWhoSwims
Mafia Scum
HeWhoSwims
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #353 (isolation #19) » Wed Jan 17, 2018 2:12 am

Post by HeWhoSwims »

Klick, what's your opinion on and which seem townish to me? Max, perhaps we could get a reads list from you too since all I spotted on a quick ISO search was 2 scum and 2 nullscum ones.

Transcend, I get that Tex could be called "lynchbait" but what would your arguments to keep him be? He's not the hardest playing townie. Some of the arguments against Tex make sense. Could you elaborate on your Bella townlean?

I've been liking Beef's posts since my reads list. I don't quite get his thing against Athena though - it didn't seem like that much pressure to me. Also, EP called "It's my playstyle" out as scummy but I'm not quite sure there. Doesn't seem like something incriminating that should warrant a lynch. Fearing this is TvT.

About Flubbernugget. I think he has some wacky points and they are making me suspicious. Can we talk about ? Not looking at the vote or the poster, Flubber wasn't really making that much a case himself it seems, and what was bothering me more about this post was the "Bella votes are pro town" thing plus not voting there himself. I'm not quite getting it. Can we talk about my final paragraph in ? I found his logic weird here if what I wrote is accurate (it seemed as such to me)
HeWhoSwims
HeWhoSwims
Mafia Scum
HeWhoSwims
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #354 (isolation #20) » Wed Jan 17, 2018 2:17 am

Post by HeWhoSwims »

Quick 5-tier read post, I feel like my previous explanations + what I've addressed since should be enough for now.

T: Mozamis, Moneybags
TL: Thor665, Beefster, COA, Max
N: Klick, texcat, EP
SL: (Transcend), Bellaphant, Flubbernugget
S: -

Transcend read is obviously mostly based on Penguin hence the brackets.
HeWhoSwims
HeWhoSwims
Mafia Scum
HeWhoSwims
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #384 (isolation #21) » Wed Jan 17, 2018 10:16 am

Post by HeWhoSwims »

Transcend would you mind elaborating on ...? I'm not really seeing it or why the reaction is AI necessarily. And I get your Bella read wasn't complete but still I'm curious what caused it. Perhaps tell if you're caught up.

pedit quick reply to Klick: I see Max townhunting and I'm liking the reads he's giving in these posts. It wasn't anything real big, just pinged me as town like.
HeWhoSwims
HeWhoSwims
Mafia Scum
HeWhoSwims
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #506 (isolation #22) » Thu Jan 18, 2018 9:27 am

Post by HeWhoSwims »

Beefster 409 wrote:I looked over Bellaphant's ISO and realized that her first 10 posts were pretty bad. RadiantCowbells's entrance looks a bit more buddy-buddy and lighthearted than I would expect. I can see where people are coming from with the Bellaphant/RC wagon.
I can see this, but I think looks town which Beef already kinda mentioned. No fan of though. Or the Moz-RC interaction at all on page 17. The fuck's the point?

RC, you mention fluffposting is not scummy, but what exactly is the town point of doing it? Like maybe I'm wrong but I feel it clogs the thread and doesn't help hunt scum. At all. (Also late welcome, sorry!)

I like

Moz what are and ? Why does your vote seem to depend on others...? Even if you're tr-ing them and/or they are town that doesn't make them correct by default. Similarly Klick why in do you feel the need to convince Moz specifically to join an early wagon (although it's one I can support)?

Unsure what the quick RC vs Transcend tug of war feels like (T/T, T/S, S/S). I'm unsure how to read RC at this point and not a big fan of Transcend's slot but he hasn't been here for too long.

Why would you hardclaim one of the most powerful potential PRs this early especially if it's valid every night?

RC-Transcend feels like it could very possibly have at least one scum and I lean towards Transcend for the time being.
Beefster 474 wrote:Transcend gets the BOTD from me until I have a chance to ISO him. I'm not horrendously opposed to the wagon on the surface, but I need to really decide for myself.

I believe RC for now. Not sure why you'd make that claim on D1, but it's whatever.
Hmm, any specific reasons for giving Transcend the BOTD? I can see the moz sheeping.
In post 487, Transcend wrote:oh you want me to explain my reads that i've already explained lol :P HAHA XD
What reads and where? Your last few dozen posts have been 3 sentences at most. Most of them even less. reads are completely unexplained. No answer to the townread on Bella. Which is interesting considering this read flip on Bella's slot. could do with some explanation and more in depth discussion aside from "this is absymal". Future posts either have no read explanation or very briefly so.

Money still town @page 20. Move EP up to town as well.
HeWhoSwims
HeWhoSwims
Mafia Scum
HeWhoSwims
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #516 (isolation #23) » Thu Jan 18, 2018 10:08 am

Post by HeWhoSwims »

Thanks for your explanation Moz; I can definitely see where you're coming from. I'm still learning the ropes a bit I guess, and voting my strongest scumread was indeed what I'd do (although I'm really hesitant in voting usually). And yeah true you need to get a wagon at the end of the day, No lynch isn't helpful.
HeWhoSwims
HeWhoSwims
Mafia Scum
HeWhoSwims
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #517 (isolation #24) » Thu Jan 18, 2018 10:09 am

Post by HeWhoSwims »

@Mod

Now that I think of it, if we have no wagon of 7 at the deadline, do we get a plurality lynch or an automatic non lynch? It seems not to be in the rules.
HeWhoSwims
HeWhoSwims
Mafia Scum
HeWhoSwims
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #642 (isolation #25) » Fri Jan 19, 2018 3:34 am

Post by HeWhoSwims »

Let's do some catching upping then. 5 pages overnight yay

RC who's Fork in your reads? :lol:

Idk if we should reason from "This is the best mechanical play" since scum may have some tricks up their sleeve for one particular combination. IC being in here seems reasonable too since it's not against the scum themselves. I can see scum pick the vig too in hopes it shoots town. Soooo now that I read the claim I guess there's 95% guarantee of an IC in this.

Well, although I was scumlean on the slot before - the claim makes sense and essentially amounts to Transcend being conftown. Scum!Cend would either be shot point blank by the actual vig, or be killed D2 by the lack of a second kill. No dubious claims or WIFOM there, don't see why Transcend as scum would think this makes sense.

So moz what exactly is your rant/distrust here all about...? Can you seriously see a scum doing the above? That would be bordering gamethrowing, no?

RC why in is your townread on Cult so strong :shifty:

Now that I see Klick mention it, Transcend why didn't you explain the reads. Like yeah I'm treating you as conftown but most of your posts haven't been as big of a contribution as would be best for town from an outed PR.

I need to read Beef closer I guess. He's throwing me for a loop. Should do the same for Klick. COA needs to reply but I think I saw she did further down the thread. No big fan of recent tex posts either.

oooo I like . That's a catch on Beef copying. That's certainly suspicious.

Maxous. What are your arguments for not voting Beefster? What did you think of what Coa said in 622?

And yes I was in that game as scum. Finished 2 days ago. Interestingly Beef was one of my scumpartners actually. But you and most others here have certainly also rolled scum, no?
HeWhoSwims
HeWhoSwims
Mafia Scum
HeWhoSwims
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #822 (isolation #26) » Fri Jan 19, 2018 10:19 pm

Post by HeWhoSwims »

Hmmm Flubber RC has been present ever since replacing in. The implication from MB that scum!Moz wouldn't want to appear in a certain way seems WIFOM to me.

Eh, EP could be an okay lynch, no loads of content there. Although I like . feels a wee bit off. Not that much content and barely tapping COA-Beef or "Flubber is being self conscious". Decent reads in but that's really early in the game and we haven't seen since. Null to nullscum.

RC what is carry scum in ?

Hmm time to ISO Beef. I see the stuff I scumleaned him for early on but I can now see other stuff that could clear him. He's not afraid of answering any question in depth it seems and that is probably protown. COA vote is still one of the weaker votes of today for me but being wrong =/= being scum. I like his thoughts further down the line and his "scum!TC wouldn't want to join the least popular wagon" stands. However, there's fluff posts along the way of which I'm not too big a fan. Let's put this at null.
In post 700, Klick wrote:Thor and/or RC, could you help me get the answer I want from Transcend, since he is very blatantly ignoring me?
Transcend, if you are conftown then why don't you answer stuff or have some more explained reads?

As for info lynch versus lurker lynch... Thing with lurkers is that they're not allowing themselves to be read as much as others. Info lynch would probably mainly focus on the interactions of the lynch post-flip. I feel it's always gonna be a little hard. Scum townreading someone can be scoring towncred, scum scumreading can be bussing or trying to flip the game but... How do you know which one? That's probably mostly gonna be based on other suspicious factors. And a townflip doesn't make a townie correct by default.

RC you didn't answer me before why your town!COA is so strong, why are you (seemingly) in a town!COA tunnel? Mild tr on that but it doesn't make tunneling any better.
In post 760, Transcend wrote:You know, i would really like hws to commit to a vote soon since he's sis so much but won't get his hands dirty
Yeah sorry for this. Had to defend it in my last game where I was scum but this is just my way of going about - catching up with wall posts and holding off of voting until I'm sure of something. That's both town me and scum me. I played a town newbie where I cast one vote (RVS) yet saw the team in LYLO although a townie was baited into mislynching me. As scum, in a 13p normal, I cast 5 votes in total (1 RVS and 1 lylo). Sorry if it's like a flaw in my gameplay regardless of alignment, in not showing enough or being in the "middle" too much. It's just how I play usually.

Scum!Moz is possible with some of his latest posts but I'm not sold. Still townlean on Money
HeWhoSwims
HeWhoSwims
Mafia Scum
HeWhoSwims
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #823 (isolation #27) » Fri Jan 19, 2018 10:25 pm

Post by HeWhoSwims »

Conftown Transcend, RC

Town

Townlean Thor, Moneybags, Klick?, Beef

Null Mozamis, tex, COA, Max?

Scumlean Flubber, EP

Scum

If people want me voting then VOTE: Flubbernugget but as said, I'm just barely 100% confident.
HeWhoSwims
HeWhoSwims
Mafia Scum
HeWhoSwims
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #838 (isolation #28) » Sat Jan 20, 2018 5:29 am

Post by HeWhoSwims »

Flubber, TC; if Flubber is town then why don't you defend the arguments against him?

I too think we should hear more from EP but obviously life emergency gets priority yada yada.
HeWhoSwims
HeWhoSwims
Mafia Scum
HeWhoSwims
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #840 (isolation #29) » Sat Jan 20, 2018 5:36 am

Post by HeWhoSwims »

Not what I was going for. There are suspicions against you. If TC seems sure you're town, why? How should I turn on TC, he's practically conftown. Being wrong in a read doesn't make you scum. Today's wagon is gonna be 7 people, and if it's a mislynch, then certainly not all 7 are scum no?
HeWhoSwims
HeWhoSwims
Mafia Scum
HeWhoSwims
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #845 (isolation #30) » Sat Jan 20, 2018 6:40 am

Post by HeWhoSwims »

I'm not doubting TC (meaning Transcend @tex) alignment or claim, I've mentioned my thoughts on that before. I just want him to talk since he's conftown and discussion is good.
HeWhoSwims
HeWhoSwims
Mafia Scum
HeWhoSwims
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #959 (isolation #31) » Sun Jan 21, 2018 8:30 am

Post by HeWhoSwims »

Moz. I've explained my thought on my votes. I've gone days in other games without voting. And I realise I'm lacking on scumleans but so many possible scum members also have stuff working in favour of them. I also think I've shown reads at least 3 times now and I feel I've explained them but feel free to inquire.

We can call people "lynchbait" but it doesn't change their role PM no? If they're acting scummy in a way then they could be scum regardless of whether it's their normal playstyle or not. Surely tex (and EP? idk) lurk in their town games but lurking as scum certainly wouldn't hurt any scum player known to lurk.
If we lynch moz and he flips town I'm turbo vigging coa

Jsyk my dude sir.
Why exactly? Didn't quite see the association there. COA has been tr on moz right and the other way around? I wouldn't necessarily see it as a T-S interaction?
Klick wrote:COA is super town
Why the "super town"? I'm null / very slight townlean here. What did you think of her silence earlier? You've not mentioned her as much aside from a few early game protown arguments (which hold up by the way).

I don't think a mafia game has had me laughing as hard as at :lol: . I... see the arguments here but I think early game Money was really open and elaborate and all, allowing himself to be read by everyone and their mother ya know. I'd lean towards that being townish.

Claim: VT

If we assume there's scum between Beef/Moz/COA/Money my order of suspicion would be COA>Moz/Beef>Money at this point but that order's a tad wobbly. Beef has an okay case on Moz I guess. And RC having this real strong moz scumread ticks me off because RC is essentially conftown (otherwise we're seeing a CC this gameday), and an experienced player so maybe he's seeing stuff me or others aren't seeing - but RC why don't you do a solid defense?
HeWhoSwims
HeWhoSwims
Mafia Scum
HeWhoSwims
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #961 (isolation #32) » Sun Jan 21, 2018 8:32 am

Post by HeWhoSwims »

Once again for clearness

Claim VT

UNVOTE: Flubbernugget

I know I've stuck to 1 post/day. I've been busy for the past week and I prefer writing longer posts over 1 liner posts anyway.

pedit RC what does this mean? Surely you can have valid/good scumreads...?
HeWhoSwims
HeWhoSwims
Mafia Scum
HeWhoSwims
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #965 (isolation #33) » Sun Jan 21, 2018 8:42 am

Post by HeWhoSwims »

You misunderstood me I think... Maybe defend is the wrong word but I meant explain your moz scumread more because it's so strong. I mean - any discussion helps the game I'd think? And odds are you are either tonight's NK or N2's so why not get out your full thoughts anyway.

pedit: oh. Yea it doesn't make sense to scumread you at this point. If you're scum somehow we're getting a CC and there is none so, eh. A quick CTRL+F on moz' ISO tells me he's at some points such as doubting your reads moreso than your alignment. I personally don't see any wrong with that... conftown =/= correct by default.
HeWhoSwims
HeWhoSwims
Mafia Scum
HeWhoSwims
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #967 (isolation #34) » Sun Jan 21, 2018 8:45 am

Post by HeWhoSwims »

I see. Thanks for the explanation.

(But... no chance you're doing some case thing on moz?)
HeWhoSwims
HeWhoSwims
Mafia Scum
HeWhoSwims
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #972 (isolation #35) » Sun Jan 21, 2018 9:06 am

Post by HeWhoSwims »

That seems like a good town post, very open, but I'd like to point out that
In post 970, Moneybags wrote:He did join the flubber wagon in post 823 and mentions it's because that's where everyone else was going.
The latter half of this is not the case or at least not what I was trying to imply; I was putting out a vote because people wanted me to, and I think/thought that I'd been clear about the fact there were multiple things about flubber that were worrying to me at that time.

Other than this and the fact I TL on Thor, it seems like a townie and very open post to me. There could be arguments for it being Money trying to save his butt but it's still really open.
HeWhoSwims
HeWhoSwims
Mafia Scum
HeWhoSwims
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #984 (isolation #36) » Sun Jan 21, 2018 10:06 am

Post by HeWhoSwims »

In post 974, mozamis wrote: 2) you're not conf. town. Maybe you are town that just made a bad decision. But obviously the jury is still out.
But - if he's not the tracker, then certainly someone is gonna CC within the next 70h? Or not?
HeWhoSwims
HeWhoSwims
Mafia Scum
HeWhoSwims
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1039 (isolation #37) » Mon Jan 22, 2018 9:35 am

Post by HeWhoSwims »

I appreciate the reference Transcend.

@EP I don't think anyone's doubting you. You mentioned you had stuff to tend to, obviously that's more important. Good luck with everything coming up.

Moz I don't see what's so unclear about my posts. I talked from the train of thought that scum would be on either the Beef or Flub wagon or one of the wagoneers themselves. Removing conftowns this left you, COA, Beef, Money and I expressed what I thought about them briefly. So what's unclear? I've said multiple times that it's in my playstyle and my nature to not jump on anything right away, I need to be more sure of it.

Having said this my list of 3 right now would be any 4 of Tex, Moz, COA, maybe Max. The thing with Tex is that lurking may be playstyle, but that argument surely wouldn't hurt a scum lurker. I'll give EP a freebie on this and assume he's not lying about real life issues because let's face it, please just don't do that.
HeWhoSwims
HeWhoSwims
Mafia Scum
HeWhoSwims
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1042 (isolation #38) » Mon Jan 22, 2018 9:56 am

Post by HeWhoSwims »

I mean

TL on Beefy and he's talking which is good.

SL on Tex who's... not talking.

There could easily be one scum between those and if so I'd say it's tex every time, 90% of the time.
HeWhoSwims
HeWhoSwims
Mafia Scum
HeWhoSwims
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1052 (isolation #39) » Mon Jan 22, 2018 11:06 am

Post by HeWhoSwims »

Moz before you give every little bit of energy for a wagon on me let be known what is actually vague and stuff about my posts. My recent one is reasoning from an assumption we all could share as town in that wagon reasoning. I don't necessarily support it but I'm not sure but I think one of the conftowns brought it up no? It's worth looking into and I decided to evaluate the situation if we assume that.

Why would Tex playing lurker as town clear her. Why would scum change it.
you have to vote to participate,
That's surely why I didn't give any reads or thoughts before my first real vote...?
HeWhoSwims
HeWhoSwims
Mafia Scum
HeWhoSwims
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1056 (isolation #40) » Mon Jan 22, 2018 11:17 am

Post by HeWhoSwims »

In post 237, HeWhoSwims wrote:
Some early reads for now.

(Snip)
In post 354, HeWhoSwims wrote:Quick 5-tier read post, I feel like my previous explanations + what I've addressed since should be enough for now.

T: Mozamis, Moneybags
TL: Thor665, Beefster, COA, Max
N: Klick, texcat, EP
SL: (Transcend), Bellaphant, Flubbernugget
S: -

Transcend read is obviously mostly based on Penguin hence the brackets.
In post 823, HeWhoSwims wrote:Conftown Transcend, RC

Town

Townlean Thor, Moneybags, Klick?, Beef

Null Mozamis, tex, COA, Max?

Scumlean Flubber, EP

Scum

If people want me voting then VOTE: Flubbernugget but as said, I'm just barely 100% confident.
In post 1039, HeWhoSwims wrote:

Having said this my list of 3 right now would be any 4 of Tex, Moz, COA, maybe Max. The thing with Tex is that lurking may be playstyle, but that argument surely wouldn't hurt a scum lurker. I'll give EP a freebie on this and assume he's not lying about real life issues because let's face it, please just don't do that.
That's reads for ya. I'm okay ish with max. Recent points aren't stellar. I should reread his iso soonish. Not sure if he did less than Tex.
HeWhoSwims
HeWhoSwims
Mafia Scum
HeWhoSwims
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1110 (isolation #41) » Tue Jan 23, 2018 4:10 am

Post by HeWhoSwims »

Instead of like uh saying you can't make out anything from my reads

You could also just ask me about it so I can clear it up to you as I think I've been perfectly clear multiple times.

Instead of lynching a (semi-)active player who's out in the open. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
HeWhoSwims
HeWhoSwims
Mafia Scum
HeWhoSwims
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1138 (isolation #42) » Tue Jan 23, 2018 8:15 am

Post by HeWhoSwims »

Flubber, having inaccurate reads doesn't make you scum by default, nor does town status automatically make you correct.

As for final words - think I've put it all out, y'all are mislynching but it seems there's nothing to turn you around ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
HeWhoSwims
HeWhoSwims
Mafia Scum
HeWhoSwims
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1140 (isolation #43) » Tue Jan 23, 2018 9:09 am

Post by HeWhoSwims »

Welp. Have a fun game. I'll be watching from the sidelines ^^
HeWhoSwims
HeWhoSwims
Mafia Scum