CultOfAthena
Goon
CultOfAthena
Goon
Goon

Post Post #13 (isolation #0) » Wed Jan 10, 2018 1:29 pm

Post by CultOfAthena »

In post 4, TesXX wrote:
So I think everyone has confirmed, when the scumteam picks the power roles the game will start (or when the deadline is up).
In post 7, PenguinPower wrote:VOTE: EP
VOTE: PenguinPower
CultOfAthena
CultOfAthena
Goon
CultOfAthena
Goon
Goon

Post Post #84 (isolation #1) » Thu Jan 11, 2018 12:32 pm

Post by CultOfAthena »

In post 16, PenguinPower wrote: While I don't support your vote, I fully support what you have created.
Hm?
In post 48, Bellaphant wrote:....sorry, is Thor's argument 'pp was online when the thread started = scum?'.

Tbf, pp's defense against this not being 'email alerts for pms' is also pretty weak.

I assume im being trolled with money's response to me.
What's weak about PP's explanation being mod duties, to you? Like, if the actual explanation
isn't
email alerts, would you expect PP to make that defense?
In post 58, texcat wrote:
In post 19, Maxous wrote:Hey all.

VOTE: Flubbernugget

I have a couple of town leans already I think
VOTE: Maxous
This looks like a blatant attempt to look like you're scum hunting without actually doing anything.
A blatant attempt? That's a pretty serious accusation for a passing comment. What's blatantly fraudulent about that?

The only person I've played with here before is mozamis, who so far seems fairly similar to our previous game.

I like how Thor focused on, or rather engaged with multiple people and dislike how PP primarily focused just on Thor.

If moneybags is scum, I doubt PP is.

I don't really see much that's scummy about Maxous. It's a weak read but from his first post I'd be inclined to say he's more likely town. It shows more concern for sorting people than for fitting in.
CultOfAthena
CultOfAthena
Goon
CultOfAthena
Goon
Goon

Post Post #100 (isolation #2) » Thu Jan 11, 2018 5:06 pm

Post by CultOfAthena »

In post 89, Beefster wrote: These posts look like newbscum, but mozamis is obviously no newb.

I'll have to think more about this.
I could see how you would see scum there, but what's newb about those posts?
In post 94, PenguinPower wrote:
In post 84, CultOfAthena wrote:I like how Thor focused on, or rather engaged with multiple people and dislike how PP primarily focused just on Thor.
Noted. In the future, I won't focus on the aggressive guy pushing me. Oh...wait...no. That's a bad idea.
That is unambiguously not what I was saying. Thor engaged with other people while engaging with you, while you largely only engaged with Thor.
Next time, maybe in your two posts, you can put a bit more reasoning behind your statements. For example:
In post 84, CultOfAthena wrote:If moneybags is scum, I doubt PP is.
Why?
That's entirely fair, so I'll elaborate my inital thoughts a bit. I don't think moneybags is the first one to soft defend you there if you're both scum. I think scum try very hard in the very early game to distance from each other, so his seemingly casual response in and followup in indicate to me that, if he were scum, he's not defending his scumbuddy there. Perhaps an errant conclusion, but part of the reason I didn't elaborate in the first place is that it's just something I'm filing away in the back of my mind to come back to later.
CultOfAthena
CultOfAthena
Goon
CultOfAthena
Goon
Goon

Post Post #163 (isolation #3) » Fri Jan 12, 2018 5:49 pm

Post by CultOfAthena »

In post 101, Beefster wrote:
In post 100, CultOfAthena wrote: I could see how you would see scum there, but what's newb about those posts?
It almost seems too obvious to be an actual scumtell because it bears resemblance to the kind of opening post I'd see from newbscum. I'm not really sure how to make sense of it. I'm probably reading into it too much and it might just be playstyle.
Unless I'm missing something, you didn't actually explain what about them makes them "newb", specifically. Or what makes them scum, for that matter.
In post 111, Flubbernugget wrote:
In post 110, Thor665 wrote:I just don't get the idea behind telling him 'yo, stop doing A and I'll read you townish'.
The general idea is that calling something out makes someone less likely to do it. Even if penguin is scum, they've now lost a tool to bog the thread down with bullshit.
In post 112, Flubbernugget wrote:There's also the point that I never said anything about townreading penguin. Ever.
Hm, these two posts don't make sense going together to me. The only reason I can see that you would want someone to stop doing a scumtell would be if you strongly townread them (in spite of that scumtell) and want other people to do the same. The only reason as town, that is. Help me understand this – if you don't townread Penguin, why give him advice on what would make him a townread to you?
In post 142, Bellaphant wrote:max I feel i have explained? his weird town read early post, and then later saying he wouldn't clarify bc he didn't wanna get into q and a about it? hiding information isn't helping town.
This seems like a weak read to me – could you elaborate on it? I have something to say but I'd like to hear more from you on this before I say anything.

Retracting what I said earlier about mozamis – he's being more "in the background" than I remember.

I'm not sure how meaningful the lack of a wagon appearing on Bella is – it seems like many people weren't even around at the time.

Although it all seems genuine enough, I get a bad feeling about Klick's posting and interaction with others, specifically in as one example.
CultOfAthena
CultOfAthena
Goon
CultOfAthena
Goon
Goon

Post Post #186 (isolation #4) » Sat Jan 13, 2018 1:53 pm

Post by CultOfAthena »

In post 164, HeWhoSwims wrote: I like except the assumption that scum would be always distancing in the early game. Why wouldn't scum want to throw a little accusation out which can later be used to say "Look at this, I'm not this guy/gal's partner"? (among other stuff of course)
That's definitely something scum go for often, but I believe that tends to happen later in the game, when scum are more confident in their position to start to distance and play for the long game. The reason I pointed it out as an early read in specific is because, coming right out of rvs, tying yourself to your scumbuddy like that could be something that lasts for the rest of the game (and a short game that would be). It's also something unlikely to be WIFOM-ed, because I don't think a lot of people look at very early game interactions like that.

I'm not a fan of Beefster's response to my whole line of questioning with regard to his mozamis read. What I gathered from it is that the whole range of posts from to are largely superficial. Beef's explanation as for his interpretion of mozamis' three posts being "newbscum" seems to only apply to one of mozamis' posts, and despite him saying that it's something he'd have to think more on, it seems more like a point that he was quite happy to drop were it not for answering my questions rather than something that he's come to an actual conclusion on.

I'm also wary of the idea that most of the more recently active players are town, and this goes along with what I said earlier about getting a bad feeling from Klick's posts. Klick seems like he's trying to pocket people, or at the very least insert himself into some kind of townblock. Look at this whole interaction:
Spoiler:
In post 135, Bellaphant wrote: ...I have the dumbest gut read on texcat.
In post 136, Klick wrote:Which way is the gut read on texcat, and what posts does it come from? Because I have the same thing.
In post 137, Bellaphant wrote:I mean there's only two of them and one is generic af so....

and it's town.
In post 138, Klick wrote:Yeah, I had a weird gut townread on texcat as well reading earlier. Something about the post he made on page 3 seemed like... minimal content, but in a genuine way? idk.

Perhaps this is paranoia, but it seems to me like Klick is attempting to appeal to Bella by making it seem like they share a similar thought process (exactly how scum pocketed me in one of my previous games). In 136, despite not knowing what Bella's read on tex is or where it comes from, he says that he has the same thing. If he actually originally shared Bella's exact same gutread, I would have expected him to just say it and then ask if Bella shared the same thing, rather than asking what Bella's read was first before sharing his own.

Also, @Flubber and @Bella, please respond to the questions in .
CultOfAthena
CultOfAthena
Goon
CultOfAthena
Goon
Goon

Post Post #266 (isolation #5) » Sun Jan 14, 2018 8:38 pm

Post by CultOfAthena »

Hm, I feel like my posts are getting ignored here. I also didn't get really get any responses that I'm satisfied with from my questions. Is it my posting style?
CultOfAthena
CultOfAthena
Goon
CultOfAthena
Goon
Goon

Post Post #267 (isolation #6) » Sun Jan 14, 2018 8:38 pm

Post by CultOfAthena »

I'm retracting my retraction on my mozamis read, which is to say that I'm fairly confident that he's town and is now posting exactly how I remember him to post from our last game together.
CultOfAthena
CultOfAthena
Goon
CultOfAthena
Goon
Goon

Post Post #268 (isolation #7) » Sun Jan 14, 2018 8:39 pm

Post by CultOfAthena »

In post 249, Beefster wrote:Pfft. I had my reasons. I just didn't feel like expressing them at the time. In my big reads post, I had her as null. (she was initially town before I posted my reads) I described her as "good questions. not much else" and after a couple more of her posts, it just solidified that her posts have been methodical and perhaps a little deceptive or misdirecting. I don't know if I can point to any particular post or line.

I haven't really been paying super close attention. I was juggling 2 other games with AGDQ.
It seems to me like you're scumreading me for my playstyle or the way that I talk moreso than any actual in-game reason. When you say that you haven't been paying super close attention, what is that meant to tell us? Is that some comment with regard to the level of confidence in your scumread on me, or what? It seems to me like you're "hedging" a read on me – trying to test the waters to see how people react more than having something to actually go on. I get the same feeling from you moving your vote off of me right after initially voting, which I wouldn't expect someone with genuine convictions or some kind of actual lead to do.
CultOfAthena
CultOfAthena
Goon
CultOfAthena
Goon
Goon

Post Post #269 (isolation #8) » Sun Jan 14, 2018 8:42 pm

Post by CultOfAthena »

Texcat has done nothing to make me remember that he is in this game.
CultOfAthena
CultOfAthena
Goon
CultOfAthena
Goon
Goon

Post Post #270 (isolation #9) » Sun Jan 14, 2018 8:50 pm

Post by CultOfAthena »

In post 188, Klick wrote:Go into detail on that please? I'm very curious where you're getting a scumread on me from Bella.
Why did you completely ignore everything I said in to ask Bella about why she agreed with me? Am I a leper or something?
CultOfAthena
CultOfAthena
Goon
CultOfAthena
Goon
Goon

Post Post #271 (isolation #10) » Sun Jan 14, 2018 8:53 pm

Post by CultOfAthena »

I eagerly await PenguinPower's re-entrance to the thread.
CultOfAthena
CultOfAthena
Goon
CultOfAthena
Goon
Goon

Post Post #299 (isolation #11) » Mon Jan 15, 2018 1:54 pm

Post by CultOfAthena »

In post 275, Beefster wrote:
In post 269, CultOfAthena wrote:Texcat has done nothing to make me remember that he is in this game.
Care to have actual reads?

I feel like most of your opinions/reads have been sheeped and you're just pointing things out and not making conclusions on them. It's like you're deliberately remaining neutral to keep your options open.
Which of my opinions have been sheeped? If anything, other people have been sheeping me this game on things I've pointed out. Also, again, a playstyle point rather than an alignment point – anyone actually reading my posts can tell that I have actual reads.
In post 283, Klick wrote:
In post 270, CultOfAthena wrote:
In post 188, Klick wrote:Go into detail on that please? I'm very curious where you're getting a scumread on me from Bella.
Why did you completely ignore everything I said in to ask Bella about why she agreed with me? Am I a leper or something?
You gave reasons for your suspicion. Bella didn't. I also have a lot of experience with Bella as a person and didn't expect her to be scumreading me at this stage.
Are you planning on responding to those reasons that I gave?
CultOfAthena
CultOfAthena
Goon
CultOfAthena
Goon
Goon

Post Post #304 (isolation #12) » Mon Jan 15, 2018 7:15 pm

Post by CultOfAthena »

In post 302, Beefster wrote:Pfft. A call for details. Maybe I'll rustle some together. If I feel like it. I don't think I feel like it.

Hiding your reads in the details of your posts is a cop out. If I have to read your posts in detail to understand your reads, that means there is more room for interpretation, meaning you can retroactively make them mean whatever you want when it is convenient. That, and not all of us have the kind of time or attention span to catch every detail or the memory to remember them all. (but the latter is a minor point)
For starters, I never said they were "in the details" of my posts – I said that anyone
just reading
what I'm saying can obviously see that I have reads.
Next, are you making the point that I don't have reads, or are you making the point that my reads are too hard to discern?
If it's the first point then the fact that you apparently don't have the attention span to read posts with (on average) 300 words or less is irrelevant to whether or not those posts actually have reads in them.
If it's the second point, that's your problem and not mine – like I said, there's really not a lot of ambiguity as to what I'm saying.
In post 303, Beefster wrote:@COA/follow-up: I don't have any examples of you sheeping reads because you don't have any actual reads. It's mostly stuff like "I see what you're saying about player X" and "I don't like X from Y" (which is usually after other players have said basically the same thing), but none of this is concrete opinion of "I think X is scum/town"

VOTE: CultOfAthena
This is literally just flat-out wrong. Completely, utterly,
verifiably
wrong. It seems like what I was saying earlier about your reading of the thread being superficial was right on the mark.
CultOfAthena
CultOfAthena
Goon
CultOfAthena
Goon
Goon

Post Post #338 (isolation #13) » Tue Jan 16, 2018 3:57 pm

Post by CultOfAthena »

In post 311, Thor665 wrote:@Cult - please state your current reads.
Mozamis is fairly obviously town to me this game. Having played with him before and done a slight review of his meta, I don't believe he could replicate his posting style the way he has this game if he were scum. Very little could be done to change my mind on this.

Other people seem to be hesitant to call you town based on meta. You have a penchant for getting into extended arguments which I'm not a fan of, but it's matched with scumhunting enough that I'm comfortable calling you town.

I find the way Maxous posts to be hard to read, but from the poor wagon on him and his seemingly nonchalant response to being one of the earliest wagons, he seems like town.

If I were to be ordering this list from towniest to scummiest, the people who I'm not mentioning would take up this slot. I'm not a fan of readslists in the first place and nothing particularly original or insightful comes to mind about them if they weren't mentioned, so I'm not going to force myself to write something.

Texcat hasn't really done anything. I have a poor history with defending lurkers who end up flipping scum so I'd be more willing to lynch him than typically.

Along with what I've mentioned previously, I hate the fact that Klick seems to be deliberately ignoring what I've said about him, both on a "hate" meaning scummy and "hate" meaning personal dislike level. Which reminds me:
@Klick

Penguin's slot seems more likely scum than not, and I'm slightly annoyed at the replace out given that the replacement likely won't be in the same state of mind as Penguin was. I've already mentioned this, but I think the way in which he interacted with the wagon on him was scummy. He seemed content to treat the game as a debate rather than as a game of mafia, and his response to my pointing that out was an utter misrepresentation. I don't believe the replace-out itself is necessarily AI, however.

I think Beefster is scum. His original vote on me only came after I called him out for his questioning being superficial, and since then it seems like he's had to come up with reasons to keep justifying his vote on me. Look at his response to mozamis:
In post 249, Beefster wrote:Pfft. I had my reasons.
I just didn't feel like expressing them at the time
. In my big reads post, I had her as null. (she was initially town before I posted my reads) I described her as "good questions. not much else" and
after a couple more of her posts
, it just solidified that her posts have been methodical and perhaps a little deceptive or misdirecting. I don't know if I can point to any particular post or line.

I haven't really been paying super close attention. I was juggling 2 other games with AGDQ.
I've highlighted what likely isn't true. First, the idea that Beefster had a slight scumlean on me that he "just didn't feel like mentioning" is doubtful, not just on face value but also on the fact that his reads list explicitly had a section for "scumleans" and one of them was explitly marked "slight" – if I was one of those slight scumleans before, why didn't he mention me there? Next, he says that "a couple more of my posts" solidified his scumlean on me, despite the fact that I only made one post inbetween his readslist and his vote.

Another thing I'd like to note is that I think I was right on the mark on Beefster "hedging" his read on me, given that he only resumed his push after
multiple
people declared that they didn't want a beefster wagon in response to his vote on me.
CultOfAthena
CultOfAthena
Goon
CultOfAthena
Goon
Goon

Post Post #339 (isolation #14) » Tue Jan 16, 2018 3:58 pm

Post by CultOfAthena »

In post 312, Errantparabola wrote:
In post 266, CultOfAthena wrote:Hm, I feel like my posts are getting ignored here. I also didn't get really get any responses that I'm satisfied with from my questions. Is it my posting style?
I feel like this question comes from scum a lot under pressure. Responds to a single one-off vote from Beefster with a flurry of posts, questions about why she's being ignored, classic "it's not me, it's my playstyle" line... idk, seems like a disproportionate reaction.

VOTE: CultOfAthena
Of the "flurry of posts" that you're describing, only one was directed towards Beefster. I split up what I would normally make as one post into multiple to see if it would get people to read what I was saying more. You're interpreting all of the posts there as a reaction to Beefster, but that isn't the case.

By the way, why were you "not opposed to my wagon" in , made before the post you quoted?
Definitely Bella is a good vote. Throws out opinions without thought put behind them, weak attempts to interact with key points in the game in the early stages. It sounds like a bit of a dumb reason, but it's plausible with this kind of dense game, where I think scum can potentially find it really hard to work themselves up to being a key player when people are already engaging with each other at this level. (Haha I know, look at me with my 4 posts.)
But also why Athena, if scum, might find herself particularly frustrated when no one engages with her.
If I were scum, why would I feel the need to insert myself as a "key player" when most people seemed content to just write me off as town and ignore the rest of my posts?
In post 321, Errantparabola wrote:Moneybags: i do think that Athena felt pressured by Beefster’s vote. I dont think town usually goes into an immediate throwing shade/discredit from what is a claimed gut read (268)
Where did I discredit Beefster? If by "discredit" you mean "point out how someone is wrong", then first of all those two things are very connotatively different and you'll have to explain why you chose the first phrase over the second, and second – yeah I would be "discrediting" him if that's what you mean.
In post 335, Beefster wrote:That's the point though. She's acting as if she is under pressure despite only having one (rather unthreatening) vote on her.
How was I acting as if I was under pressure?
CultOfAthena
CultOfAthena
Goon
CultOfAthena
Goon
Goon

Post Post #420 (isolation #15) » Wed Jan 17, 2018 3:15 pm

Post by CultOfAthena »

In post 390, Transcend wrote:Thor - I just don't like her tone and her posts don't feel game solve-y. They mostly feel like deflections of darts thrown against her and not really "hey: this is mafia because..."

Also i was just in a mini with her and srd her for the same thing. However there was a massive wave of resistance and i couldn't get her lynch into motion. Everyone tred her. Everyone was wrong but me.

So I'm willing to hear out a town case on her, but "x's reaction to y" doesn't really sell me.
Posting here before catching up as people seem to have questions for me.
CultOfAthena
CultOfAthena
Goon
CultOfAthena
Goon
Goon

Post Post #622 (isolation #16) » Thu Jan 18, 2018 3:36 pm

Post by CultOfAthena »

In post 409, Beefster wrote:I looked over Bellaphant's ISO and realized that her first 10 posts were pretty bad. RadiantCowbells's entrance looks a bit more buddy-buddy and lighthearted than I would expect. I can see where people are coming from with the Bellaphant/RC wagon.
In post 338, CultOfAthena wrote: Texcat hasn't really done anything. I have a poor history with defending lurkers who end up flipping scum so I'd be more willing to lynch him than typically.
Going for lynch bait?

I'm not just going to cherry pick though.
I've noticed COA has defended herself mostly with deflecting questions.

I can't seem to shake this gut read and I could see a possible COA/Bellaphant/??? scumteam.

As for that connection specifically, I just noticed Bella's early reads were in favor of COA. It's a really weak connection, I know. Probably just confirmation bias rearing it's ugly head at me.
Copying transcend's opinions?
Spoiler:
In post 352, Transcend wrote:Lol haha hehe voting the lynchbait
In post 390, Transcend wrote:Thor - I just don't like her tone and her posts don't feel game solve-y. They mostly feel like
deflections
of darts thrown against her and not really "hey: this is mafia because..."

Also i was just in a mini with her and srd her for the same thing. However there was a massive wave of resistance and i couldn't get her lynch into motion. Everyone tred her. Everyone was wrong but me.

So I'm willing to hear out a town case on her, but "x's reaction to y" doesn't really sell me.

Also, I'm not sure you actually understand what a deflecting question is. I have been
questioning
the people voting me, yes – there's nothing "deflecting" about it.
In post 499, Errantparabola wrote: Could you do me a favor and point me to this?
I'm not going to quote PenguinPower's entire ISO, but you can quite clearly check for yourself that what I'm saying is true – his entire interaction with Thor he almost singularly responded to Thor, discussing the validity of the argument against him solely without any discussion of what the conversation meant in terms of town and scum. His entire ISO, the only real read seems to be on Maxuous (a weak wagon). People say that my ISO is devoid of reads, but even if I don't often explicitly state people as town or scum, you could still get a sense of where my reads are just by reading what I'm saying. The same isn't true of PP's ISO.
In post 499, Errantparabola wrote:
In post 339, CultOfAthena wrote:I split up what I would normally make as one post into multiple to see if it would get people to read what I was saying more. You're interpreting all of the posts there as a reaction to Beefster, but that isn't the case.
That may definitely be true, but my point is that I think that your reaction in general is something I think is a plausibly common reaction from scum in your situation.
This is too vague of a response to be meaningful. What are you referring to as my "reaction" in that situation?
In post 503, RadiantCowbells wrote:CoA why have you vanished from this game since I showed up while posting elsewhere?
In post 607, Beefster wrote:I'm just going to call out the scumteam right now: RC/mozamis/COA

COA's silence at this point in the game is telling.
I'll admit to getting sidetracked on my posting yesterday, but I check this game and respond to things at largely the same time every day.

Moving my vote off of Transcend – that situation will resolve itself come tomorrow, and was mainly still there for when PP came back to the thread.
VOTE: Beefster (L-2)

RC, could you explain where your locktown on me comes from?

I'm still convinced mozamis is town. Yes, he's all over the place – that's just how his towngame.
CultOfAthena
CultOfAthena
Goon
CultOfAthena
Goon
Goon

Post Post #624 (isolation #17) » Thu Jan 18, 2018 4:18 pm

Post by CultOfAthena »

In post 623, RadiantCowbells wrote:Do you think that I shouldn't townread you?
No, I'm just wondering where the strength of the read comes from – it's a lot more confident of a read than most other people in the game seem to have and you entered the thread with it.
CultOfAthena
CultOfAthena
Goon
CultOfAthena
Goon
Goon

Post Post #627 (isolation #18) » Thu Jan 18, 2018 4:25 pm

Post by CultOfAthena »

In post 625, RadiantCowbells wrote:I've hardclaimed PR, my slot is going to be self resolving whether there's a jailkeeper or not and I don't particularly feel like getting into details about how I read you because I don't think it's universally applicable enough to help other people read you and I would like to continue to be able to read you correctly in the future. I understand that makes it hard to read me, but again I don't think that reading me should be your top priority right now.
I recognize the point about the tracker self-resolving – the question mostly came from when you first replaced in.
CultOfAthena
CultOfAthena
Goon
CultOfAthena
Goon
Goon

Post Post #629 (isolation #19) » Thu Jan 18, 2018 4:32 pm

Post by CultOfAthena »

Thoughts on moneybags? Haven't really known how to place him this whole game.
CultOfAthena
CultOfAthena
Goon
CultOfAthena
Goon
Goon

Post Post #943 (isolation #20) » Sun Jan 21, 2018 6:21 am

Post by CultOfAthena »

Reading through now.

I'm VT.
CultOfAthena
CultOfAthena
Goon
CultOfAthena
Goon
Goon

Post Post #988 (isolation #21) » Sun Jan 21, 2018 12:01 pm

Post by CultOfAthena »

I'm not voting mozamis. Unless he has
widly
improved his scumgame as of recent, he's almost certainly town here. I've seen mozamis as scum before, and he simply
cannot
replicate his posting style as town.

Is there some reason we've all eliminated Beefster as a lynch today? Nothing about his reaction has changed my mind, and that's still where I'd like to lynch today. Absent the votes required I would switch to EP, but I'm still far more confident in scum Beefster.
CultOfAthena
CultOfAthena
Goon
CultOfAthena
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1176 (isolation #22) » Thu Jan 25, 2018 2:34 pm

Post by CultOfAthena »

Anyone else find it interesting that Transcend was shot first over RC? Suggests that scum were actually in the pool of people he considered shooting.

VOTE: Klick

Voting here for now, doing some reviewing.
CultOfAthena
CultOfAthena
Goon
CultOfAthena
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1248 (isolation #23) » Fri Jan 26, 2018 7:01 pm

Post by CultOfAthena »

In post 1178, Klick wrote:Transcend makes much more sense as a kill than RC because Transcend's PR is much more powerful than RC's, and we now have an even number of players which is worse than odd.

Anyone in a scum slot would be able to see this. You don't appear to have seen it at all, further cementing my townread on you.
Scum only have reason to fear Transcend's PR if he's scumreading them – otherwise, more dead townies is a benefit to scum, especially when transcend makes a shot like moneybags. This feels like a preemptive defense of suspicion on yourself from Transcend dying before RC.

Also, I'm pretty sure we would still be at an even number of players today if scum killed RC over Transcend.
In post 1196, Beefster wrote:UNVOTE:

#1194 looks super town to me tbh. That is probably one of the most (surprisingly) genuine out-of-game defenses I have ever seen. Maybe my scumdar is just broken. I dunno. It seemed to be malfunctioning big time on HWS.
You realize that whatever real-life situation is leading to EP's lack of activity (which I fully believe him on) has nothing to do with his alignment, right? I think that him saying he doesn't think people have valid justifications for scumreading him conflicts pretty heavily with him expecting to get lynched such that one of the two opinions must have been faked.
In post 1237, Maxous wrote:i think i'm really warming up to the possibility of Athena!scum.
particularly as herself and HWS barely talked about each-other at all yesterday
I'll admit that he slipped under my radar, but looking from his ISO at me there's definitely something there – how closely did you look at his ISO and what did you get out of it?

Also @Maxous, did you come to a conclusion at all there on EP? You quoted all of EP's posts and briefly described them, but you didn't really talk
about
them.
Also, definitely agreeing with Thor on being weak. "It's possible" is not a response to "why do you think this happened".
CultOfAthena
CultOfAthena
Goon
CultOfAthena
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1273 (isolation #24) » Sat Jan 27, 2018 12:59 pm

Post by CultOfAthena »

In post 1249, Klick wrote:Transcend doesn't get his
second
shot. Which changes everything. That's why the Vig was made two-shot in this setup, and why vigs are numbered evenly in general. Eventually we could end up in MyLo, where optimal play is to no-lynch. Killing Transcend essentially means town lost a town-controlled kill.
I have no idea what you're trying to say here – if scum weren't scared of Transcend's shot, the fact that it's town-controlled shouldn't make any difference.
In post 1250, Maxous wrote:
In post 1248, CultOfAthena wrote:I'll admit that he slipped under my radar, but looking from his ISO at me there's definitely something there – how closely did you look at his ISO and what did you get out of it?
i had a brief look over his ISO. It's hard to get connections out of it as he was purposely being vague and fence sitting about most players.
But you made the point that it specifically incriminates me – I'm asking what you saw there that would point to me over anyone else, because I looked back through it myself, and even if I am coming at it from my own biased point of view, I'm having a hard time believing that this is a genuine point that you're making.
In post 1257, mozamis wrote:
god that catch up post from Cult was empty of reads
Thinking Thor cult scum team?
Tex and Ep are lynch bait, and Beef may spur scum onto thinking they can get me. Although Cult is gonna have a hard time backtracking form her "Moz definitely town" read from Day 1.
Haven't we already gone over this? Because I'm getting pretty tired of repeating myself. Also – not backtracking anything and I don't intend to, as much as you sometimes make me wish I could.
In post 1261, Errantparabola wrote:I don't know how much I read this as scum but this is basically "I made up a reason to throw shade at EP because I felt it pertinent to push there, but when queried about it, had nothing to back it up so backpedaled"
Maxous is definitely playing like lethargic/carefree town or doing a good job of emulating it so I'm conflicted
Are you saying that you think that town makes up reasons to throw shade and then backpedals when pushed? Because saying this and then following it up with a townread on Max makes it seem like you're not actually trying to sort him to me.

Could you talk more about not thinking that people have valid reasons to scumread you? Also: what was the deal with your RC scumread?
CultOfAthena
CultOfAthena
Goon
CultOfAthena
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1301 (isolation #25) » Sun Jan 28, 2018 10:01 am

Post by CultOfAthena »

In post 1281, mozamis wrote:@ Cult - join me on Thor?
I don't really understand your case against Thor.
In post 1284, Errantparabola wrote: Firstly: maybe I'm wrong with that interpretation, and although that's scummy behavior there are reasons I think he could be town. So I've got conflicting evidence. And I made it pretty clear that without that conflicting interpretation giving me pause on this, Maxous basically becomes my top scumread.
But you never gave the "conflicting" part of that interpretation – you never gave any reasons that you townread him. I don't see why, from your perspective, your Max townread exists at all, and combined with the fact that you were voting him just yesterday and never gave any indication of rethinking that read, I'm pretty sure you're faking your reads.
In post 1273, CultOfAthena wrote:Also: what was the deal with your RC scumread?
As I thought about it more, I
- became more and more convinced that the way RC rapidly flipped on me was nonsensical and he kept becoming more and more confident that I was scum until he was eventually just working with a gameview that assumed that I was and I didn't buy whatever he looked at and saw.
- considered that the spat with Transcend came from scum motivation.

either way it's moot now so shrug
The question I was really trying to ask was "did you forget about the tracker claim or what?"

VOTE: Errantparabola
In post 1291, RadiantCowbells wrote:CoA what do you think about Thor and Texcat?
I'm fine calling Thor town – he's noticed a lot of the same things I have and made points I planned to make before I could make them. Less confident in texcat being town – the whole "looking for people off the wagon" and related conversation seems like busywork / looking useful moreso than actually doing anything useful.
CultOfAthena
CultOfAthena
Goon
CultOfAthena
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1433 (isolation #26) » Tue Jan 30, 2018 1:15 pm

Post by CultOfAthena »

Sorry, not usually this inactive. Starting my catchup now.
CultOfAthena
CultOfAthena
Goon
CultOfAthena
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1435 (isolation #27) » Tue Jan 30, 2018 1:38 pm

Post by CultOfAthena »

In post 1319, mozamis wrote:we shouldnt vpte Ep his las tpost was very town - actually gave out...you know..reads.
he is lynch bait.
@ COA - well, you thought i was "erratic" day 1, and yet i was right about Hewho. Maybe just take a leap and go with it.
And if you need "proof before belief", thor is a very active player who hasnt doen any scum hunting all game.
You understand that, yeah?
I hope you understand that when I said you were "a little all over the place", it wasn't any sort of insult – it was just a comment on your typing style.
In post 1365, Klick wrote:No one with a big voice has a townread on me. I'm inevitably lynched before endgame, even if there's a texcat scumflip.

If you think we're the scumteam though, I'll happily go along with half of those lynches. ;)
This doesn't mean that what you're describing is impossible – it just means that, if it was a plan, it isn't working out for you.
CultOfAthena
CultOfAthena
Goon
CultOfAthena
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1436 (isolation #28) » Tue Jan 30, 2018 1:39 pm

Post by CultOfAthena »

I'm not budging on my moz townread. I'm more confident in moz!town than any other read I have. RC, just for a moment look at this game from the perspecitve of moz being town – what then?
CultOfAthena
CultOfAthena
Goon
CultOfAthena
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1437 (isolation #29) » Tue Jan 30, 2018 1:42 pm

Post by CultOfAthena »

Klick, why are you unvoting when from your reads / your perspective you should have the game almost entirely PoE'd down?
CultOfAthena
CultOfAthena
Goon
CultOfAthena
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1439 (isolation #30) » Tue Jan 30, 2018 1:53 pm

Post by CultOfAthena »

In post 1438, RadiantCowbells wrote:
In post 1436, CultOfAthena wrote:I'm not budging on my moz townread. I'm more confident in moz!town than any other read I have. RC, just for a moment look at this game from the perspecitve of moz being town – what then?
Let's make this a thing.

If I'm wrong then next time we're town and disagree on a read I'll vote whoever you want instead.
If I'm right then next time we're town and disagree on a read you vote who I want you to.
Assuming you're talking about future games and not this one, then sure – but it doesn't mean that I'm going to help you lynch him.
CultOfAthena
CultOfAthena
Goon
CultOfAthena
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1441 (isolation #31) » Tue Jan 30, 2018 2:04 pm

Post by CultOfAthena »

Are you threatening me for not agreeing with you or are you saying it's some kind of associative read? Because if it's the latter, moz is lynched and he flips town, I'd like to hear how that implicates me into getting lynched before endgame. If it's the former, then :neutral:
CultOfAthena
CultOfAthena
Goon
CultOfAthena
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1443 (isolation #32) » Tue Jan 30, 2018 2:15 pm

Post by CultOfAthena »

That's fine, then – like I said, I'm confident he flips town here.
CultOfAthena
CultOfAthena
Goon
CultOfAthena
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1446 (isolation #33) » Tue Jan 30, 2018 2:27 pm

Post by CultOfAthena »

In post 1444, RadiantCowbells wrote:I'm resisting the urge to go through your past confident townreads and point out that most of them have ended up being scum :P
Just because I've been wrong before doesn't mean that I'm wrong now.

Should I remind you of the last townread we disagreed on?
In post 1445, Thor665 wrote: @Cult - could you describe your town read on moz and/or address my raised issues with moz? Because I'm not seeing him as town at all and am curious what you're seeing.
Mozamis can't post the way that he has this game as scum. If you're familiar with Creature, it's kind of like that.
CultOfAthena
CultOfAthena
Goon
CultOfAthena
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1448 (isolation #34) » Tue Jan 30, 2018 2:34 pm

Post by CultOfAthena »

It's not hard for Creature to just show up to the thread and post pretty much anything.
CultOfAthena
CultOfAthena
Goon
CultOfAthena
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1546 (isolation #35) » Thu Feb 01, 2018 12:19 pm

Post by CultOfAthena »

In post 1543, RadiantCowbells wrote:Alright it's hardball time.

CULT OF ATHENA.

If you do not vote Mozamis with me you are going to be downgraded 2 tiers to a level 6 friend.
VOTE: mozamis
CultOfAthena
CultOfAthena
Goon
CultOfAthena
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1548 (isolation #36) » Thu Feb 01, 2018 12:20 pm

Post by CultOfAthena »

Just kidding.

In post 1492, Errantparabola wrote: Yes. In my memory I remembered Transcend and RC both ccing each other, and Transcend going back on it. I think I assumed that both claims were fake.
If you assumed both claims were fake, why did you expect to die night one? Did you expect scum to kill you?
In post 1301, CultOfAthena wrote:But you never gave the "conflicting" part of that interpretation – you never gave any reasons that you townread him. I don't see why, from your perspective, your Max townread exists at all, and combined with the fact that you were voting him just yesterday and never gave any indication of rethinking that read, I'm pretty sure you're faking your reads.
I mean this is provably untrue.
In post 1261, Errantparabola wrote:Maxous is definitely playing like lethargic/carefree town or doing a good job of emulating it so I'm conflicted
The thing is that you haven't said anything about
why
he's carefree town. Even if we were to both agree on him looking carefree, you haven't said anything about why that carefree nature is coming from town rather than from scum. Also, max has been playing in largely the same way today as yesterday, so if you're reading him as town for his playstyle today, why were you voting him yesterday?
CultOfAthena
CultOfAthena
Goon
CultOfAthena
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1550 (isolation #37) » Thu Feb 01, 2018 12:23 pm

Post by CultOfAthena »

In post 1540, Maxous wrote:Sorry i really mean to disappear so much.

Looking at the wagons - i'm saying no to a beefster and an absolutely no to Klick

Moz is ehh maybe if there's not much else
Where is your Klick townread coming from?
CultOfAthena
CultOfAthena
Goon
CultOfAthena
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1569 (isolation #38) » Fri Feb 02, 2018 6:18 pm

Post by CultOfAthena »

In post 1554, Errantparabola wrote:Athena, I don't think any of your lines of questioning are salient in the slightest. If it becomes something people in general care about then sure I'll go line for line on my thoughts.
I'm accusing you of lying and making up your reads. What about that doesn't seem "salient" to you?
In post 1568, RadiantCowbells wrote:Okay CoA let's play a game.

Say I would sheep you on any wagon today on the condition that if it flipped town you would powerlynch Mozamis tomorrow.

Who would your lynch be and why?
I'll say this again – just because I'm wrong in one instance doesn't imply that I'm wrong in another.

I'm also not sure why I'm specifically the one you're trying to convince on this, especially when I've already made it clear that I think mozamis is town.
CultOfAthena
CultOfAthena
Goon
CultOfAthena
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1636 (isolation #39) » Sun Feb 04, 2018 2:59 pm

Post by CultOfAthena »

In a rush, not sure I got to respond to everything I wanted to.
In post 1576, Errantparabola wrote:what's the VC?
Also, Athena: clearly the accusation doesn't hold weight with anyone else. Also, my alignment is not the limiting factor for how much effort I put into making solid reads.
Okay, so nobody
else
is listening to me / reading what I'm saying. Is that an excuse to just ignore what I'm saying to you?

Also, with regards to your second sentence – are you admitting that there's nothing to your max read?
In post 1618, Thor665 wrote:He's going out of his way to drag up a confirmed town to make a town case on HWS at a point HWS is not in lynch danger.
Now, *maybe* this is a roundabout way to protect HWS from a Vig.
But I'm not sure I see it.

You should both offer me some feedback on that, *because*;
Can you explain where the "confirmed town" part of this comes in? Because what you just described sounds mostly like a scum strategy to me – a pretty good one, in fact.
CultOfAthena
CultOfAthena
Goon
CultOfAthena
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1643 (isolation #40) » Sun Feb 04, 2018 6:36 pm

Post by CultOfAthena »

In post 1637, Thor665 wrote:It comes from a lack of a counterclaim.
:facepalm:

Okay, reading comprehension failure on my part for that line.
So you're saying that if you were scum, and you had a scumbuddy not in danger of a lynch, you would ask other people to defend him to you while you were bussing him?
Because that sounds like a defense move, not a bussing move.
To rephrase - that move makes a lot of sense if the goal was to *not* see HWS flipped for your own towncred.
Klick's votes don't support that reality.

While we're at it, who do you see as the most likely scum on the Moz wagon and the HWS wagon - or do you think either/both wagons are totally town driven (and if so, why?)
I disagree – that move has two outcomes: the first is that a conftown builds a town case on your scumbuddy, giving them more town cred. The second is that, if that partner
were
to ever flip, you would look good from it, being able to point back and say that you knew all along. I would say that immediately getting your partner flipped isn't always the end goal of bussing – it's more about getting the nonassociative. Even if the main goal
is
to immediately get the partner flipped, having a town case to dissect seems a lot easier than building your own scum case on someone.

That's not to say that I think Klick went through this entire same thought process – just that I don't understand where your townread there is coming from. I think Klick was the scum on both wagons.
CultOfAthena
CultOfAthena
Goon
CultOfAthena
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1645 (isolation #41) » Sun Feb 04, 2018 6:44 pm

Post by CultOfAthena »

Sorry to see you go, RC. Apologies if I'm wrong on this.
CultOfAthena
CultOfAthena
Goon
CultOfAthena
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1698 (isolation #42) » Mon Feb 05, 2018 1:54 pm

Post by CultOfAthena »

In post 1655, RadiantCowbells wrote:for starters what do these two games have in common with regards to aristophanes and chara

viewtopic.php?f=83&t=74699
viewtopic.php?f=50&t=73079

you have a player who as scum hides behind the meta shield of being known for being bad as scum
they are both objectively scummy in both games: I wanted to lynch Ari right when I replaced in and Chara I had as lockscum in spite of meta

they became unlynchable because the people who knew them refused to take my read seriously because they thought they knew better.

people get better as scum. I agree that mozamis has a shit scum game in the past that doesn't mean he'll have a shit scum game forever.

He has managed to in a significant way match his town tone that he hasn't before but he hasn't matched the playstyle, the stupid pushes the scum motivation none of that is characteristic in his town game.
Most importantly there's a complete absence of reconsideration and thoughtfulness that's present in his town game and he's just alternating derptunnel and loud AtE.
Okay, I'll concede this point. I actually have a unique perspective on that second game there because it was one of the first games I read and, unfamiliar with Aristo's meta, I scumread him just for his posting. I'll take another look at moz, independent of meta, but I wouldn't hold your breath if you're expecting a complete 180 here.
I don't want to be unnecessarily critical of your play CoA but you have a long history of incorrectly townreading people with similar playstyles.
On top of that, I get the impression from both this game and just general past history that, possibly because of Huntress? you have little to no respect for my town play
like you even ignored my advice when we were hydraing and it ended up (possibly! I'm not sure where math would have gone otherwise) costing us the game and you still don't take what I say seriously
This point, however, I will not concede. Not agreeing with you isn't the same as not taking you seriously. Of course I take you seriously and respect your town play – it's just that we disagree. I also disagree that that decision specifically was what cost us the game, but that discussion isn't particularly relevant.
EP is even worse because I don't understand how in hell you would make the decision that you want to go off of your own reads as opposed to sheep me.
I am probably going to get you lynched if I can't lynch Mozamis because it seems so, so uncharacteristic of you to give as few fucks as you do about my reads.
We have a super long history of me saying who the scum are, you fucking off and ignoring me, and me being right and given how our conversations about mafia have gone since then it's kind of flabbergasting that you're ignoring me and the only real answer I can think of is that you're scum right now, so.
When have I ever sheeped
anyone
? I also think you're overstating the degree of similarity between this situation and any previous situations.
In post 1696, RadiantCowbells wrote:If I never play with CoA again I never have to be her vote bitch if I'm wrong.
Bad thought.
CultOfAthena
CultOfAthena
Goon
CultOfAthena
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1700 (isolation #43) » Mon Feb 05, 2018 2:01 pm

Post by CultOfAthena »

I doubt there's a team without EP on it, but the first one is possible – EP's vote on tex was short lived given his intent to hammer moz and a quick glance through his ISO shows a lot of mentions as a potential wagon or a "could vote there" but never actually any votes.
CultOfAthena
CultOfAthena
Goon
CultOfAthena
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1761 (isolation #44) » Thu Feb 08, 2018 1:30 pm

Post by CultOfAthena »

In post 1755, Beefster wrote:If COA is scum, she hasn't bussed, though this sticks out to me as possible buddying/IIOA:
You're saying that I was buddying my scum buddy?

Does that make sense to you?

Seems like RC had it right come the end of the day, and this is where I'd like to begin for today. I'll try to make a more detailed case when I get the chance. Sincerely doubt that town loses this one at this point.
CultOfAthena
CultOfAthena
Goon
CultOfAthena
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1797 (isolation #45) » Fri Feb 09, 2018 5:08 pm

Post by CultOfAthena »

I'm here right now and seeing people vote me as I preview my post. Unvote, please.
CultOfAthena
CultOfAthena
Goon
CultOfAthena
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1798 (isolation #46) » Fri Feb 09, 2018 5:27 pm

Post by CultOfAthena »

Errant has terrible associatives with texcat and I'm not sure how you all aren't seeing it. I'll go through them.
In post 178, Errantparabola wrote:texcat: That line thing looks like a smart way to format posts. In fact, I’m doing it right now. Thanks texcat. I'll give it a test run, see if I like it.
If you read , he gives some kind of read on literally every single other player that he mentions except for texcat, who he simply makes a comment to regarding using lines for formatting. Even further, there were multiple people he didn't mention at all in his readslist, so it's not even as if he was going and commenting on everyone – it seems to me like he felt the need to mention his scumbuddy but didn't have a meaningful comment to make.

That is the only mention of tex for day one.
In post 252, Errantparabola wrote:
Flubber:

Your sudden focus on texcat doesn't make sense to me. What about her catchup that you reference in is weird? Is it just lack of content?
Defends tex where HWS was doing the same thing, possibly coordinated in daychat:
Spoiler:
In post 176, HeWhoSwims wrote:
In post 174, texcat wrote:
In post 172, Flubbernugget wrote:So make a case or something
Hmmmm...

VOTE: Flubbernugget
Telling me to make a case, when you are not. Plus telling us that voting Bella is a town thing to do, when you are not.
QFT.

Flubber, care to explain why both of these points are a thing?
In post 181, HeWhoSwims wrote:Hm, guess I can see that. It just sounded like you were trying to let texcat make a case while ducking suspicion on your own so to speak.

I still think the Bella wagon is really meh but w/e. As long as it's not lynched without more incriminating stuff towards Bella.

pedit: I see moneybags being a voice of reason but don't see why it's bad. Especially in D1 which can be a chaos of accusations/reads without base and the highest amount of players screaming through each other.

is large to the point where I don't want to quote it but it's basically the classic oblique angle that scum take when talking about a scummy partner, the "willing to vote there but I have other avenues I'd rather pursue", same thing in .

In post 1627, Errantparabola wrote:RC's gonna hate me if he ends up being right, but I'll go here for now, I think I vastly prefer it.
VOTE: texcat
His vote on tex in comes at a time when it looked almost certain that moz was going to get lynched and despite EP expressing willingness to vote moz beforehand – that's a play for looking good on VCA and doesn't come from someone who had a real scumread on mozamis.

Around 1700 RC switches off moz and begins considering the possibility of an EP/tex scumteam, and then EP enters the thread with this:
In post 1705, Errantparabola wrote:think scum just wins this game. It doesn't seem plausible that all remaining scum is in {Maxous / tex / Klick / moz} just from basic scumteam theory. I'm also really surprised that RC scumreads me, the distance from my scumgame here is extremely easy to identify
And RC notices the exact same thing that I did:
In post 1709, RadiantCowbells wrote:why did you suddenly get super demoralized when I expressed support for the same lynch that you did and stopped voting someone you thought was town?
EP's explanation in speaks to the
content
of what he was saying, but I don't think he can conceal the emotional reaction contained within initially.

It seems like nobody else shares my opinion on this, and I'm not sure why. If it's just for the tex vote yesterday, I think it's very realistic that scum!EP feels like it's necessary to bus tex in the situation that he was in, and the context surrounding his vote makes me think that it's very likely.
CultOfAthena
CultOfAthena
Goon
CultOfAthena
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1799 (isolation #47) » Fri Feb 09, 2018 5:31 pm

Post by CultOfAthena »

In post 1795, mozamis wrote:Remember when Texcat and Hewho were the big wagons?
Cult was on the Beef "wagon" which was going nowhere.
Then she sat on EP ALL day yesterday. Never moved her vote. And came in today voting EP again. Shes not gamesolving.
She's scum.
The beef wagon was the largest wagon of day one at one point. I voted Klick initially day two before moving to EP, and just because I never moved my vote doesn't mean that I wasn't gamesolving – see my questioning of max, klick, and my trying to convince RC that you're town.

I feel like you're making the same mistake with regards to me that you did in 702.
CultOfAthena
CultOfAthena
Goon
CultOfAthena
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1801 (isolation #48) » Fri Feb 09, 2018 7:49 pm

Post by CultOfAthena »

In post 1800, Errantparabola wrote:I'm going to walk through a series of questions with you, CoA. Please answer them to the best of your ability.

1) How confident are you that I am 3rd scum?
Reasonably so, and more than the other potential candidates.

By the way, another thought for those of you who think that I'm the last scum: quite clearly I'm comfortable hard defending people I townread, as I did with mozamis. If I were scum with HWS and texcat, why just let both of them get lynched when I could have defended them the same way and not had it be suspicious or uncharacteristic?
CultOfAthena
CultOfAthena
Goon
CultOfAthena
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1830 (isolation #49) » Sun Feb 11, 2018 6:17 pm

Post by CultOfAthena »

In post 1811, mozamis wrote:@ Klick - look at how ready Max is to give out his opinions - even to the extent of saying "i was right", which is very town lol
whereas Cult is so vague and theoretical. It's not Max.
cult plays in a similar way to Hewho - quire reasonable, but DOING and even SAYING very little.
Can you point specifically to where you think I'm being vague or theoretical?
In post 1812, mozamis wrote:and you'll note how Cult is THE ONLY player in the whole game that has always called me town. Does that seem toen to you? Most people find my "erratic" playstyle scummy at some point. She never has, like she, ya know, KNOWS something...lol
Yes, I do know something – what your towngame looks like and what your scumgame looks like. I found your playstyle scummy in the first game we played together, but now I know that that's just how you play as town.
In post 1813, mozamis wrote:also lol at CUlt for attacking EP for not mentioning Tex day 1 and then attacking EP for voting Tex day 2.
clearly just attacking EP for whatevr he does.
I think there's a bit more nuance to it than that.
In post 1814, mozamis wrote: yeah, but look at how much more active you are now, now that you are under pressure?
where have you been all game when town needed you? Nowhere, you have done NOTHING to lynch scum.
you never pushed beef, you never pushed klick. only now, under pressure, do present a case on EP.
My activity hasn't changed at all, and even if it
had
– weren't you calling me scum earlier for
not
being active?

Sure, I'll admit that I haven't been a part of either of the scum wagons – does being off in my reads make me scum? I would expect the opposite.

I have indisputably pushed Beefster and Klick this game
and
presented a case against EP before I was under pressure. If you'd like, I can quote these for you.
CultOfAthena
CultOfAthena
Goon
CultOfAthena
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1831 (isolation #50) » Sun Feb 11, 2018 6:23 pm

Post by CultOfAthena »

In post 1818, Errantparabola wrote:
In post 1801, CultOfAthena wrote:Reasonably so, and more than the other potential candidates.
Would you be willing to get lynched today if, hypothetically, it guaranteed my lynch tomorrow?
No, I would never accept my own lynch. There's no reason to.
In post 1827, Thor665 wrote:@CoA - if EP is scum and you and Max are town than it means we got Transcend to 5 votes (RC was on there as well but unvoted shortly before this votecount) with zero scum support for a town wagon.

How likely do you think that is?
How likely is it? Unless you're talking about pure statistical likelihood, is there some specific reason to disbelieve it? All-town wagons happen all the time. My reads independent of the votecount lead me to the conclusion that EP is scum, so I don't see why that conclusion also leading to the conclusion of something being an all-town wagon is cause to reconsider.
CultOfAthena
CultOfAthena
Goon
CultOfAthena
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1832 (isolation #51) » Sun Feb 11, 2018 6:27 pm

Post by CultOfAthena »

I mean, I'm willing to consider scum!Maxous given that my EP case doesn't appear to be going anywhere. I'm not really confident in it but I don't think town loses this game either way.
CultOfAthena
CultOfAthena
Goon
CultOfAthena
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1854 (isolation #52) » Mon Feb 12, 2018 2:55 pm

Post by CultOfAthena »

In post 1833, Beefster wrote:@COA: Is there any reason to be afraid of being lynched as town when we literally have room for 2 mislynches before scum wins?
Let's say you
know
someone is town – a cop innocent, a friendly neighbor, whatever. Would you ever accept a lynch on that person just because it's
unlikely
that town loses?
In post 1836, Errantparabola wrote:UNVOTE:
Athena is digging in pretty hard on her EP read. It's her easiest shot at staying engaged and active in a gamestate that is very hostile to her currently. So that is a very plausible floundering scum.

Last question before I vote again, Athena: what do you think the intent behind my line of questioning was?
I honestly have no idea.
In post 1837, mozamis wrote:@ Cult - your last few posts sum it up: no scum hunitng, you're not trying to get EP lynched (remember him? your supposed "suspect"?). Just defensive survival mode form you.
"Town you" may have made some of those points, but you would have also said "c'mon, lets lynch EP" or something like that.
Cult's scum. Hammer her.
How am I not trying to get EP lynched when I spent a serious chunk of time (moreso than usual) writing up an entire case that nobody has responded to yet? This is the exact same thing that happened early in the game except now instead of me getting ignored and townread it's me getting ignored and lynched. I'd appreciate if you responded to because I sincerely feel like you're making the same mistakes you made in 702 and this time it's going to get me lynched.
CultOfAthena
CultOfAthena
Goon
CultOfAthena
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1858 (isolation #53) » Mon Feb 12, 2018 3:33 pm

Post by CultOfAthena »

In post 1839, Thor665 wrote: I would think the question of why scum would avoid the Transcend wagon would at least get you to assess EP's reads in relation to that wagon to discuss why you think he'd avoid it.
I don't think it was a question of reason – I don't think EP was even around for that wagon in the first place.
In post 1832, CultOfAthena wrote:I mean, I'm willing to consider scum!Maxous given that my EP case doesn't appear to be going anywhere. I'm not really confident in it but I don't think town loses this game either way.
:neutral:

Okay, so why don't you do that?
Let's discuss your EP and Max read right now.
That's what I'm trying to do with you.
Max is a gut townread to me. If he's scum he's been playing a very nonchalant game for having both of his partners lynched one after the other. More than that, he has some comments in his ISO regarding HWS!scum and tex!scum that really don't seem to come from a partner:
Spoiler:
In post 1061, Maxous wrote:
Page 2
- Instantly reminded why i got such an early town-read on Moneybags. Argues with Thor about his pushes on myself and Penguin. this looks even better given Penguin's clear. Dunno why scum!Money would defend the two of us from a town!Thor. no point really.

still kinda icky about this response to the argument from Beefster. *Particularly* if Thor town. Could be stirring the pot on a town-town fight.

Page 3
- you know in retrospect i dunno how well his post sits with me. it ends up being a lot of fence-sitting and not really saying anything

Page 5
- My town-read on Beefster might actually be tested here. I think his push on Flubber here is weak.

It's hard to define it to a particular page but Thor is dogging on both Penguin and Flubber early on here. his arguments are still a bit hard to follow.

Page 6
- I like Kilck's interactions with Bella on this page. It's a minor thing but felt rather fluid and genuine.

Page 7
- HWS's #164 here. Again a lot of words, not saying a whole pile. In the context that he's not as much of a newer player as i thought initially, this doesn't look great, idk.
Beefster's #165 Again seems like a weak read.
Klick's #167 either Klick is obv-town or he's pretty f'n good at scum.
texcat #171 I know she has a low content playstyle but she ignores so much of the game in the post and it doesn't sit well with me.

page 8
Beefster gives a mildly disapointing read-list here
errant also gives a read-list/catch-up there's not much to it either.
slight twitch with texcat's OMGUS accusation towards Flubber. actually texcat's push on flubber isn't great at all.

while i don't think Athena's posts are scummy...she's not quite as town feeling as i initially thought

Page 10
Some of these HWS posts are starting to trigger me I hate looking at meta but i feel like i might have to here.
Texcat ignores a lot of the game again and just tunnels on Flub. meh.

Page 11
- I know Errant is struggling to catch-up but not much in this post to sink into at all. surely there were more things to talk about.

mozamis seems to be giving people town-reads based on activity here. not entirely sure how i feel about that.

Hmm. Thor makes a really good point for Beefster being town missed that first time round.

Page 13
- Bad vote on Athena from Errant. Very nitpicky and i feel disingenuous, quoting her out of context.

Page 16
In post 383, Klick wrote:
In post 353, HeWhoSwims wrote:Klick, what's your opinion on and which seem townish to me?
I'm not really seeing anything alignment-indicative about the two posts? You're going to have to explain what you see to me.
In post 384, HeWhoSwims wrote:pedit quick reply to Klick: I see Max townhunting and I'm liking the reads he's giving in these posts. It wasn't anything real big, just pinged me as town like.
Highlighting this exchange. maybe HWS really is scum.
such a fluff question.

Page 18
is this really playstyle? nothing else caught Texcat's interest?

Page 19
- Interesting post from beefster defending Transcend considering the circumstance. Transcend seemed like a very plausible lynch there. Town brownie points for beefster

Page 20 & 21
- you know errant is probably just scum. backs down from athena and then just...meh?
considering we know RC and transcend are town i'm not liking HWS' #506 here. Feels like stirring the pot between them. particularly considering how passive HWS tends to be on reads.

-

end of page 25
In post 1062, Maxous wrote:alright i've done 25 pages. i might do the rest tomorrow, i might not.

Errant and HWS are scum.

Texcat and Athena are fighting it out for the last spot. Maybeish Thor.
g'night
In post 1133, Maxous wrote:uhh yeah fine.
i do think HWS is likely to be scum.
In post 1135, Maxous wrote:
In post 1100, TesXX wrote:
Official Vote Count 1.9

HeWhoSwims
(4): Transcend, Thor665, RadiantCowbells, mozamis
Beefster
(3): CultOfAthena, Flubbernugget, texcat
texcat
(3): Klick, Moneybags, Beefster
Errantparabola
(1): Maxous

Not Voting
(2): Errantparabola,
HeWhoSwims
In post 1042, HeWhoSwims wrote:I mean

TL on Beefy and he's talking which is good.

SL on Tex who's... not talking.

There could easily be one scum between those and if so I'd say it's tex every time, 90% of the time.
no vote on texcat?

Granted, at the end of day two yesterday he came around to a texcat townread based on the HWS lynch day one – if he's scum, he had a pretty good strategy of having one bus to confirm the other buddy as town.
In post 1855, Beefster wrote:
In post 1854, CultOfAthena wrote:
In post 1833, Beefster wrote:@COA: Is there any reason to be afraid of being lynched as town when we literally have room for 2 mislynches before scum wins?
Let's say you
know
someone is town – a cop innocent, a friendly neighbor, whatever. Would you ever accept a lynch on that person just because it's
unlikely
that town loses?
I see what you're saying, but it's a lot easier to vet someone else than it is to vet yourself. Sometimes being a team player means letting yourself be mislynched when there isn't pressure to get it right the first time.
How is it being a team player to knowingly harm my team by allowing my own mislynch?
CultOfAthena
CultOfAthena
Goon
CultOfAthena
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1860 (isolation #54) » Mon Feb 12, 2018 3:34 pm

Post by CultOfAthena »

@Moz
In post 1854, CultOfAthena wrote: I'd appreciate if you responded to because I sincerely feel like you're making the same mistakes you made in 702 and this time it's going to get me lynched.
CultOfAthena
CultOfAthena
Goon
CultOfAthena
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1870 (isolation #55) » Mon Feb 12, 2018 7:51 pm

Post by CultOfAthena »

In post 1869, Beefster wrote: Personally, I feel like this is reaching. D1 is usually a shot in the dark. There were a lot of other players he didn't really mention on D1. This looks like cherry picking.
I am not faulting him for simply not mentioning texcat enough on day one – I'm saying that the one mention he
had
of texcat was superficial. How is that "cherry picking"?
What kind of scum derails a mislynch to bus? That is the dumbest possible strategy.
You're not getting what I'm saying. EP wasn't "derailing" the texcat wagon to bus – he was hopping off of it to have his vote on a scumbuddy when the day ended (in the moz lynch). Nothing about it is a dumb strategy in the slightest – I'd say it's a fairly good strategy.
I don't see how this scum!EP tex bus makes any sense. It's a dumb move because WIFOM and bussing almost always comes back to bite you in the butt. EP is clearly not this stupid... We could get into WIFOM here, but we have room for 2 mislynches and I'd say EP's third on the chopping block anyway.

More votes on COA.
"Because WIFOM"? I don't think you actually understood what I was saying.
CultOfAthena
CultOfAthena
Goon
CultOfAthena
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1871 (isolation #56) » Mon Feb 12, 2018 7:54 pm

Post by CultOfAthena »

Argh, submitted before I was finished.

There's nothing reaching about my comment in and it's consistent with someone who employed the strategy that I'm describing (hopping off of a mislynch to put your vote on a scumbuddy when the day ends) who then had that vote end up being the lynch. Yes, as scum moving the lynch from a mislynch onto a scumbuddy
is
a really bad move – I don't think EP expected tex to get lynched there and that would explain the despondence present when he realized that RC had moved from moz to tex as the lynch.
CultOfAthena
CultOfAthena
Goon
CultOfAthena
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1873 (isolation #57) » Mon Feb 12, 2018 8:38 pm

Post by CultOfAthena »

EP isn't at all acting like he believes that my lynch ends the game. Compare his last post and vote on me to moz or to Beefster and they way they've gone about this.
In post 1872, Errantparabola wrote:The intent behind my line of questions to Athena: as third scum getting lynched ends the game. Third scum would not be willing to get lynched under any circumstance. Town might be willing to get lynched, especially if they thought that it would result in a gamewinning lynch for town next day. I would have actually thought that this line of questioning was obvious enough (RC did something similar to me in Space Invaders I think) and I expected for Athena to say something like "yeah I'd be willing to get lynched but I'd rather just lynch you now first" or something like that. Unsure what to make of her response.
I think I've only ever seen people say that they'd be willing to get shot or to get vigged as scum trying to act nonchalant. The question also feels like a no win situation – say "yes" and people just lynch me. Say "no" and I get called the last scum to concerned about the game ending.
CultOfAthena
CultOfAthena
Goon
CultOfAthena
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1874 (isolation #58) » Mon Feb 12, 2018 8:40 pm

Post by CultOfAthena »

Note also how none of his questions furthered a scumread on me and he actually found more reasons to
townread
me and yet he still places his vote back there.
CultOfAthena
CultOfAthena
Goon
CultOfAthena
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1902 (isolation #59) » Tue Feb 13, 2018 6:59 pm

Post by CultOfAthena »

In post 1875, Maxous wrote:Again, Athena's focus is overly narrow imo.
She focuses on Errant and only focuses on others when directly asked. Same behaviour on Day 2.

I'm okay with this lynch, I think it's the right choice.
Disagree. Today I'm simply stating where my main suspicions lie. Day 2 I undoubtably focused on more people than just EP – you should know this yourself, given my questioning of you.
In post 1876, Thor665 wrote:Two questions naturally seem to stem up from this;

1. How is Max 'nonchalant' and EP is 'not nonchalant'? COuld I get a short list of who isn't being nonchalant and a description of how they're being nonchalant? (this feels like bogus reasoning to me so I want to understand it better or be able to showcase your inability to describe it in order to attack you)
It's just gut for Max, honestly. He's never seemed to express any sort of concern at his own loss or initiative to stop something from happening (namely, if he were scum, both of his partners getting lynched). It's not really something that I consider in my read on anyone else because it really only stands out for Max (although you could call EP's reaction when RC switched to tex an example of being "non-nonchalant").
2. I note you touting a number of examples of Max listing Tex and HWS as scumreads Day 1 as a reason not to scumread him.
I'll note that, despite these reads, he wasn't ever *voting* either of those slots. He was voting EP. How does that affect/not affect your read of him?
That kind of weakens my reasoning on max!town, honestly.
CultOfAthena
CultOfAthena
Goon
CultOfAthena
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1903 (isolation #60) » Tue Feb 13, 2018 7:04 pm

Post by CultOfAthena »

In post 1878, Beefster wrote:
COA wrote:
What kind of scum derails a mislynch to bus? That is the dumbest possible strategy.
You're not getting what I'm saying. EP wasn't "derailing" the texcat wagon to bus – he was hopping off of it to have his vote on a scumbuddy when the day ended (in the moz lynch). Nothing about it is a dumb strategy in the slightest – I'd say it's a fairly good strategy.
Why not just fence-sit the moz mislynch? Why would he be so aggressive toward texcat?

Your logic doesn't add up. Aggressive bussing is actually a terrible strategy. Going out of your way to make sure you have a vote on a scumpartner you don't intend to lynch is silly. Aggressive bussing usually comes back to bite you in the ass.
I still think you're misunderstanding what I'm saying. Go back and read day two – nothing about what EP did was "aggressive bussing". I'm saying that he
wanted
the moz wagon to go through and for nobody else to vote texcat except for him that day. Again, I don't see what's silly about it in the slightest – it was a play for better associatives and VCA.
COA wrote:
I don't see how this scum!EP tex bus makes any sense. It's a dumb move because WIFOM and bussing almost always comes back to bite you in the butt. EP is clearly not this stupid... We could get into WIFOM here, but we have room for 2 mislynches and I'd say EP's third on the chopping block anyway.

More votes on COA.
"Because WIFOM"? I don't think you actually understood what I was saying.
The only reason to bus is because you think that nobody else would do it, when it's actually one of the first "sneaky" things people think of. Most people who bus do so badly. Most of the time it backfires at some point. Add to that the consequences of being down one mafioso and you realize that bussing isn't all that clever.

If scum!EP is employing WIFOM-based bussing, it will bite him in the ass before he has a chance to win.
It wasn't mean to be a bus, that's what I'm saying – read . EP never intended for tex to get lynched from his vote on her.
CultOfAthena
CultOfAthena
Goon
CultOfAthena
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1904 (isolation #61) » Tue Feb 13, 2018 7:05 pm

Post by CultOfAthena »

@Thor, can I hear more from you on your Max read?
CultOfAthena
CultOfAthena
Goon
CultOfAthena
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1951 (isolation #62) » Thu Feb 15, 2018 6:16 pm

Post by CultOfAthena »

In post 1905, Thor665 wrote:
In post 1904, CultOfAthena wrote:@Thor, can I hear more from you on your Max read?
Like what?
I've explained it already and am not hiding deeper/better evidence for a surprise reveal later.
I suppose I just lost track of your original reasoning for it – I understand that you were looking at the votecounts but I felt like there was something I was missing. Mind repeating the concise version of it?
In post 1914, Maxous wrote:Are we getting cold feet on the Athena lynch?
She did nothing but double down on EP earlier in the day and now she just pretended to engage with Thor about a read on me because the Errant push has lost steam.
She should of been analysing my play at the start of the day like everyone else.
What about what I've done has been "pretending"?
In post 1929, Maxous wrote:Nope staying on Athena.
If Errant was scum Moz would of been lynched yesterday
He had an easy chance to push that through but decided to bus hid buddy instead?
Nah
I'll say the exact same thing that I've been saying to Beef – EP voted tex at a point in the day yesterday when RC was hard tunnelling moz and it was an almost certainty that the moz wagon was going to go through. It was a play for distancing that backfired when the wagon actually switched to tex – moz describes it pretty well in .
CultOfAthena
CultOfAthena
Goon
CultOfAthena
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1952 (isolation #63) » Thu Feb 15, 2018 6:16 pm

Post by CultOfAthena »

Beef – fairly confident the game ends when EP is lynched. He's not even making any pretense towards a defense anymore.
CultOfAthena
CultOfAthena
Goon
CultOfAthena
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1998 (isolation #64) » Fri Feb 16, 2018 12:14 pm

Post by CultOfAthena »

Good game all, well played to town. I feel good about my play this game (relatively speaking), it was associatives that really killed me. Definitely didn't do a good enough job of distancing from my partners.

Return to “Completed Open Games”