Beefster
Mafia Scum
Beefster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #600 (ISO) » Thu Jan 18, 2018 1:03 pm

Post by Beefster »

In post 497, mozamis wrote:
In post 490, Beefster wrote:For the record, I suspected mozamis for a while. I can't say I like his voting patterns.
you literally never expressed any suspicion of me.
so yeah, your vot eon me does look dodgy.
I legitimately thought I did. I must've remembered something wrong.
On hiatus indefinitely. This was a nice distraction when I was working through my faith transition out of Mormonism, but I need to move on to bigger and better things now.
Get to know a meat boy
Beefster
Beefster
Mafia Scum
Beefster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #601 (ISO) » Thu Jan 18, 2018 1:05 pm

Post by Beefster »

In post 506, HeWhoSwims wrote: Hmm, any specific reasons for giving Transcend the BOTD?
Because I read him as a town lean at first and he only looked iffy after his interaction with RC.
BOTD until I do an ISO, which will be as soon as I catch up.
On hiatus indefinitely. This was a nice distraction when I was working through my faith transition out of Mormonism, but I need to move on to bigger and better things now.
Get to know a meat boy
Beefster
Beefster
Mafia Scum
Beefster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #602 (ISO) » Thu Jan 18, 2018 1:11 pm

Post by Beefster »

In post 586, Maxous wrote:EP writes a lot but doesn't say much?
There's nothing particularly scummy about him but I wouldn't be shocked.

Beefster is someone I change my mind about frequently. I'd lean town atm. He did say it's his first game in ages or whatever so that could explain some of the awkwardness
Actually it's my third game, but yeah. I recall being prime lynch bait before.
Get to know a meat boy
Beefster
Beefster
Mafia Scum
Beefster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #603 (ISO) » Thu Jan 18, 2018 1:21 pm

Post by Beefster »

I get the sense that RC is trying to run the show right now. I don't like that. I also detect fishing here and there. I also will say that I think his claim is fake. Scum know which two roles are safe fakeclaims, so it's not like it's hard not to get cc'd. He also seems to be buddying COA.

I believe Transcend's claim over RC's. Those were some pretty impressive theatrics if both of them are scum. Transcend also has a lot more to lose and has a verifiable claim. (Note that it isn't 100% falsifiable, but the mafia would have to kill his vig target to make us mislynch him as a vig.) He has too much to lose, so I think we can be pretty sure that he is telling the truth and therefore town.
Get to know a meat boy
Beefster
Beefster
Mafia Scum
Beefster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #604 (ISO) » Thu Jan 18, 2018 1:22 pm

Post by Beefster »

Oh. I should probably
VOTE: RadiantCowbells
with that kind of accusation.
Get to know a meat boy
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #605 (ISO) » Thu Jan 18, 2018 1:24 pm

Post by RadiantCowbells »

Yeah okay like
I've said this a lot but
there is no way in fucking hell that you think that I am scum right now and this isn't even meta dependent I've spewed myself town all over the recent pages of the thread.

VOTE: Beefster

Was already voting but just making a symbolic rejection of beefster's face.
2019 stats: Town WR 76.7%, overall WR 81.667%, 1 scum defeat involving a major mod error in lylo vs 8 scum wins.
Beefster
Beefster
Mafia Scum
Beefster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #606 (ISO) » Thu Jan 18, 2018 1:32 pm

Post by Beefster »

@HWS: turns out BOTD on Transcend was the right thing to do. I def think he's town.
In post 367, Transcend wrote:
In post 266, CultOfAthena wrote:Hm, I feel like my posts are getting ignored here. I also didn't get really get any responses that I'm satisfied with from my questions. Is it my posting style?
In post 267, CultOfAthena wrote:I'm retracting my retraction on my mozamis read, which is to say that I'm fairly confident that he's town and is now posting exactly how I remember him to post from our last game together.
In post 269, CultOfAthena wrote:Texcat has done nothing to make me remember that he is in this game.
In post 270, CultOfAthena wrote:
In post 188, Klick wrote:Go into detail on that please? I'm very curious where you're getting a scumread on me from Bella.
Why did you completely ignore everything I said in to ask Bella about why she agreed with me? Am I a leper or something?
These are all abysmal posts and I'm fine with a Turbo wagon here.
In post 374, Transcend wrote:Ite let's own

VOTE: coa
I just don't see scum replacing into a game to jump on the least popular wagon. Okay. Sure. This is total WIFOM... but only on its own.
Maybe I'm alone in thinking this, but the progression looks genuine.
In post 525, Transcend wrote:I'm literally confirmable sis

If two people don't die tonight then instantly neck me tomorrow.

If i am scum, I'm just a goon buying one more day
He makes a good point. Claiming a confirmable role is probably one of the worst scum plays you can make.

Other than those posts, I'm going to go with gut. Transcend screwing around with the fake cc was definitely questionable, but overall, I think it got shit done and made a point.
Get to know a meat boy
Beefster
Beefster
Mafia Scum
Beefster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #607 (ISO) » Thu Jan 18, 2018 1:37 pm

Post by Beefster »

I'm just going to call out the scumteam right now: RC/mozamis/COA

COA's silence at this point in the game is telling.
Get to know a meat boy
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #608 (ISO) » Thu Jan 18, 2018 1:38 pm

lol

okay sweetheart
2019 stats: Town WR 76.7%, overall WR 81.667%, 1 scum defeat involving a major mod error in lylo vs 8 scum wins.
Transcend
Transcend
Survivor
Transcend
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #609 (ISO) » Thu Jan 18, 2018 1:43 pm

Post by Transcend »

Not moz :)
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #610 (ISO) » Thu Jan 18, 2018 1:44 pm

In post 609, Transcend wrote:Not moz :)
i can still lynch you just for the principle of the thing if you're not gonna back me up as town

I'm done I don't wanna play 20 questions I put in my time everyone can back the fuck off
Transcend
Transcend
Survivor
Transcend
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #611 (ISO) » Thu Jan 18, 2018 1:47 pm

Post by Transcend »

Yr ok
Beefster
Beefster
Mafia Scum
Beefster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #612 (ISO) » Thu Jan 18, 2018 1:48 pm

Post by Beefster »

In post 539, RadiantCowbells wrote:Let's do it Athena!
In post 558, RadiantCowbells wrote:You touch CoA I'm policy lynching you tomorrow to prevent you from vigging again.
Buddying
In post 584, RadiantCowbells wrote:if it's beefster/EP/Maxous someone is buying me pizza
I'm just matching your wrong scumteam with mine which is probably also wrong on at least one person. :P I think I've got at least one of them right.
In post 592, RadiantCowbells wrote:But you're not thinking about it with Beefster?

And I don't know, 'particularly if my other scum reads are wrong' sounds like an excuse to have a verbally declared scumread on EP while continually looking elsewhere for the wagon that you'd actually support.
This was the post that sparked the thought that RC is fishing. Looking back at it, it's really more like priming or trying to run the show, but meh. Whatever. Details are for suckers.
Get to know a meat boy
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #613 (ISO) » Thu Jan 18, 2018 1:50 pm

this is of course the RadiantCowbells show, where only RadiantCowbells matters
Beefster
Beefster
Mafia Scum
Beefster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #614 (ISO) » Thu Jan 18, 2018 1:50 pm

Post by Beefster »

... And where the claims are made up and the lynches don't matter.
Get to know a meat boy
mozamis
mozamis
Jack of All Trades
mozamis
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #615 (ISO) » Thu Jan 18, 2018 2:10 pm

Post by mozamis »

In post 607, Beefster wrote:I'm just going to call out the scumteam right now: RC/mozamis/COA

yes, her spweing vitrio at me, and me perhaps not being at my diplomatic best was just scum theatre? :roll:
VOTE: beefster
i think you are full of shit, voting RC?! it's a massive stretch, and what happened to your vote on me? Which also came out of nowhere?
You've reached that age, Listy. 24, 25...Your muscles give up, they wave a little white flag of surrender and without any warning at all, you're suddenly a fat bastard...
Beefster
Beefster
Mafia Scum
Beefster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #616 (ISO) » Thu Jan 18, 2018 2:14 pm

Post by Beefster »

Well considering the three of you are my top suspects and that a fake claim is the most damning... Yeah. I'll keep my vote on the fake claim.
Get to know a meat boy
Beefster
Beefster
Mafia Scum
Beefster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #617 (ISO) » Thu Jan 18, 2018 2:19 pm

Post by Beefster »

Though, by all means, if you want a high-information lynch, I'm not a bad option.
Get to know a meat boy
texcat
texcat
Mafia Scum
texcat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #618 (ISO) » Thu Jan 18, 2018 2:20 pm

Post by texcat »

What would be the motivation for fake claiming? It just means that you're outed as scum sooner rather than later.
Transcend
Transcend
Survivor
Transcend
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #619 (ISO) » Thu Jan 18, 2018 3:02 pm

Post by Transcend »

Hmmm
Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #620 (ISO) » Thu Jan 18, 2018 3:11 pm

Post by Klick »

@Transcend

In post 488, Klick wrote:Go on then, humor me. Quote any of your posts so far that explain your scumread on me. I call bullshit.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #621 (ISO) » Thu Jan 18, 2018 3:12 pm

I'm not even defending myself

if I get shitlynched D1 as PR that's on you guys.
CultOfAthena
CultOfAthena
Goon
CultOfAthena
Goon
Goon

Post Post #622 (ISO) » Thu Jan 18, 2018 3:36 pm

Post by CultOfAthena »

In post 409, Beefster wrote:I looked over Bellaphant's ISO and realized that her first 10 posts were pretty bad. RadiantCowbells's entrance looks a bit more buddy-buddy and lighthearted than I would expect. I can see where people are coming from with the Bellaphant/RC wagon.
In post 338, CultOfAthena wrote: Texcat hasn't really done anything. I have a poor history with defending lurkers who end up flipping scum so I'd be more willing to lynch him than typically.
Going for lynch bait?

I'm not just going to cherry pick though.
I've noticed COA has defended herself mostly with deflecting questions.

I can't seem to shake this gut read and I could see a possible COA/Bellaphant/??? scumteam.

As for that connection specifically, I just noticed Bella's early reads were in favor of COA. It's a really weak connection, I know. Probably just confirmation bias rearing it's ugly head at me.
Copying transcend's opinions?
Spoiler:
In post 352, Transcend wrote:Lol haha hehe voting the lynchbait
In post 390, Transcend wrote:Thor - I just don't like her tone and her posts don't feel game solve-y. They mostly feel like
deflections
of darts thrown against her and not really "hey: this is mafia because..."

Also i was just in a mini with her and srd her for the same thing. However there was a massive wave of resistance and i couldn't get her lynch into motion. Everyone tred her. Everyone was wrong but me.

So I'm willing to hear out a town case on her, but "x's reaction to y" doesn't really sell me.

Also, I'm not sure you actually understand what a deflecting question is. I have been
questioning
the people voting me, yes – there's nothing "deflecting" about it.
In post 499, Errantparabola wrote: Could you do me a favor and point me to this?
I'm not going to quote PenguinPower's entire ISO, but you can quite clearly check for yourself that what I'm saying is true – his entire interaction with Thor he almost singularly responded to Thor, discussing the validity of the argument against him solely without any discussion of what the conversation meant in terms of town and scum. His entire ISO, the only real read seems to be on Maxuous (a weak wagon). People say that my ISO is devoid of reads, but even if I don't often explicitly state people as town or scum, you could still get a sense of where my reads are just by reading what I'm saying. The same isn't true of PP's ISO.
In post 499, Errantparabola wrote:
In post 339, CultOfAthena wrote:I split up what I would normally make as one post into multiple to see if it would get people to read what I was saying more. You're interpreting all of the posts there as a reaction to Beefster, but that isn't the case.
That may definitely be true, but my point is that I think that your reaction in general is something I think is a plausibly common reaction from scum in your situation.
This is too vague of a response to be meaningful. What are you referring to as my "reaction" in that situation?
In post 503, RadiantCowbells wrote:CoA why have you vanished from this game since I showed up while posting elsewhere?
In post 607, Beefster wrote:I'm just going to call out the scumteam right now: RC/mozamis/COA

I'll admit to getting sidetracked on my posting yesterday, but I check this game and respond to things at largely the same time every day.

Moving my vote off of Transcend – that situation will resolve itself come tomorrow, and was mainly still there for when PP came back to the thread.
VOTE: Beefster (L-2)

RC, could you explain where your locktown on me comes from?

I'm still convinced mozamis is town. Yes, he's all over the place – that's just how his towngame.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #623 (ISO) » Thu Jan 18, 2018 3:37 pm

Do you think that I shouldn't townread you?
CultOfAthena
CultOfAthena
Goon
CultOfAthena
Goon
Goon

Post Post #624 (ISO) » Thu Jan 18, 2018 4:18 pm

Post by CultOfAthena »

In post 623, RadiantCowbells wrote:Do you think that I shouldn't townread you?
No, I'm just wondering where the strength of the read comes from – it's a lot more confident of a read than most other people in the game seem to have and you entered the thread with it.

Return to “Completed Open Games”