acryon
acryon
Mafia Scum
acryon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #350 (ISO) » Fri Jan 19, 2018 6:05 am

Post by acryon »

In post 349, Sauce wrote:To clarify the prfii Thor connection, I'm not surprised about it being Thor's style to provoke someone, as I've experienced it fist-hand, but to do it so soon and so devoid of any town motivation is indicative of a scummy mindset.
Upon speculation about possible scum constellations I would say it's more likelier for profii to be scum with Thor, because then the apparent provocation / insult is diffused as just two scum goofing off to fake interaction.
"Devoid of any town motivation" is your spin on it. I think provoking someone is almost
always
pro-town. Stirring people up can get them to slip.
Get to know me! | Unavailable on nights and weekends.
Sauce
Sauce
Goon
Sauce
Goon
Goon

Post Post #351 (ISO) » Fri Jan 19, 2018 6:09 am

Post by Sauce »

Can I get just on post not getting trashtalked on in this game? It most often turns the game into a spamfest involving just a few of the players, who are severely being limited in the scope of expression of their alignment.
Show
Sit back. Don't chase it, this moment; don't waste it - aooh
BBcode-lobbying for infinite spoiler- & floatception,
youtube timeline teleportation support and cloaked
anchorage, visible only when raw - quoted or PMed.

Drunknoodles: btw haven't read a single sauce postethauce: I usually start to, and then I realize
I don't hate myself that much, so I stop.
acryon
acryon
Mafia Scum
acryon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #352 (ISO) » Fri Jan 19, 2018 6:13 am

Post by acryon »

In post 351, Sauce wrote:Can I get just on post not getting trashtalked on in this game? It most often turns the game into a spamfest involving just a few of the players, who are severely being limited in the scope of expression of their alignment.
I can sympathize with your feeling, but when someone says something someone else feels is off-base, it's generally going to get called out without exception.

Posting a rebuttal to posts is not "trashtalking".
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #353 (ISO) » Fri Jan 19, 2018 6:14 am

Post by Flavor Leaf »

In post 351, Sauce wrote:Can I get just on post not getting trashtalked on in this game? It most often turns the game into a spamfest involving just a few of the players, who are severely being limited in the scope of expression of their alignment.

Sauce
Sauce
Sauce
Goon
Sauce
Goon
Goon

Post Post #354 (ISO) » Fri Jan 19, 2018 6:14 am

Post by Sauce »

Obviously the best way to scumhunt is to write the necessary posts one deems sufficient in order to make in unmistakably clear to the objective observer that one is town. Then, if everyone or at least a majority has been given the chance to do so we can start applying pressure. And then if there are inconsistencies or slips or lack of the qualities I've invoked earlier in this game that pertain to townieness, then one can objectively say upon scrutinizing them, that one has succeeded in scumhunting and the rest is up to the fellow townies.
Show

Drunknoodles: btw haven't read a single sauce postethauce: I usually start to, and then I realize
acryon
acryon
Mafia Scum
acryon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #355 (ISO) » Fri Jan 19, 2018 6:43 am

Post by acryon »

In post 354, Sauce wrote:Obviously the best way to scumhunt is to write the necessary posts one deems sufficient in order to make in unmistakably clear to the objective observer that one is town. Then, if everyone or at least a majority has been given the chance to do so we can start applying pressure. And then if there are inconsistencies or slips or lack of the qualities I've invoked earlier in this game that pertain to townieness, then one can objectively say upon scrutinizing them, that one has succeeded in scumhunting and the rest is up to the fellow townies.
This is such a weird way to view the game. This assumes everyone has this same MO, which they don't. My goal is not to "make it unmistakably clear to the objective observer" that I'm town. I'm just trying to scum-hunt and I think that the work will speak for itself when people look at it.

This game is not some utopia where we all sit around talking about how town we are and then everyone moves on to some "scumhunting" phase.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #356 (ISO) » Fri Jan 19, 2018 7:44 am

Post by Thor665 »

In post 344, profii wrote:it becomes chicken and egg though, the players doing nothing can sit and say I cant read the game nothing is happening.
the other half complain nothing is happening because youre not posting.

repeat ad infinitum whilst deadlines pass and no scum die
Except I'm not saying anything quite like that.
What I'm saying is claiming someone having a derth of town reads in a game where, objectively, half the game is playing in a way to avoid givingopinions and thus making themselves near unreadable and anti-town is not a really compelling case.

@Sauce - you're still saying nothing and using a lot of words to do it and insulting people and then being shocked you get "trashtalked".

Moar Sauce votes please and thank you.
rb
rb
Survivor
rb
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #357 (ISO) » Fri Jan 19, 2018 7:44 am

Post by rb »

In post 354, Sauce wrote:Obviously the best way to scumhunt is to write the necessary posts one deems sufficient in order to make in unmistakably clear to the objective observer that one is town. Then, if everyone or at least a majority has been given the chance to do so we can start applying pressure. And then if there are inconsistencies or slips or lack of the qualities I've invoked earlier in this game that pertain to townieness, then one can objectively say upon scrutinizing them, that one has succeeded in scumhunting and the rest is up to the fellow townies.
Not everyone plays the game like it's a neat little package.

VOTE: sauce
Lalendra
Lalendra
Mafia Scum
Lalendra
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #358 (ISO) » Fri Jan 19, 2018 8:08 am

Post by Lalendra »

In post 347, acryon wrote:
In post 346, Lalendra wrote:Feeling a lot better about both eth0s and dunker in light of recent posts.
Which posts by them have made you feel better?
Nothing specific, mainly the fact that they are now posting game-related content and I can follow and understand the thought progression behind their posts.
eth0s
eth0s
Mafia Scum
eth0s
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #359 (ISO) » Fri Jan 19, 2018 8:15 am

Post by eth0s »

In post 358, Lalendra wrote:
In post 346, Lalendra wrote:Feeling a lot better about both eth0s and dunker in light of recent posts.
Nothing specific, mainly the fact that they are now posting game-related content and I can follow and understand the thought progression behind their posts.
Hey lala could you give us a top 2/3 scumreads with a little reasoning to go with it? My apologies if you already have recently. Im on my phone and hate navigating the site on mobile.
it's a zero in my name (for PM purposes etc)
Lalendra
Lalendra
Mafia Scum
Lalendra
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #360 (ISO) » Fri Jan 19, 2018 8:25 am

Post by Lalendra »

I think at the moment, I'm leaning towards dunkerdoodles, hyung and either Thor or Sauce. Dunkerdoodles because I haven't seen much meaningful content from them, and they are getting townread by people for what seems like very little to no reason. Hyung because they haven't posted enough for me to really get a read on them and partly PoE. Thor/Sauce because I don't believe this is scum theater or TvT, it feels like it's genuine, but I'm having a hard time figuring out which one is town and which one is scum who is spitballing.
profii
profii
Jack of All Trades
profii
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #361 (ISO) » Fri Jan 19, 2018 8:48 am

Post by profii »

In post 356, Thor665 wrote:
In post 344, profii wrote:it becomes chicken and egg though, the players doing nothing can sit and say I cant read the game nothing is happening.
the other half complain nothing is happening because youre not posting.

repeat ad infinitum whilst deadlines pass and no scum die
Except I'm not saying anything quite like that.
What I'm saying is claiming someone having a derth of town reads in a game where, objectively, half the game is playing in a way to avoid givingopinions and thus making themselves near unreadable and anti-town is not a really compelling case.

@Sauce - you're still saying nothing and using a lot of words to do it and insulting people and then being shocked you get "trashtalked".

Moar Sauce votes please and thank you.
Well that’s ok we just have 2 possible reasons for this weird lack of content game
profii
profii
Jack of All Trades
profii
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #362 (ISO) » Fri Jan 19, 2018 8:48 am

Post by profii »

In post 359, eth0s wrote:
In post 358, Lalendra wrote:
Hey lala could you give us a top 2/3 scumreads with a little reasoning to go with it? My apologies if you already have recently. Im on my phone and hate navigating the site on mobile.
Flattery will get you no where
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #363 (ISO) » Fri Jan 19, 2018 8:56 am

Post by Flavor Leaf »

In post 360, Lalendra wrote:I think at the moment, I'm leaning towards dunkerdoodles, hyung and either Thor or Sauce. Dunkerdoodles because I haven't seen much meaningful content from them, and they are getting townread by people for what seems like very little to no reason. Hyung because they haven't posted enough for me to really get a read on them and partly PoE. Thor/Sauce because I don't believe this is scum theater or TvT, it feels like it's genuine, but I'm having a hard time figuring out which one is town and which one is scum who is spitballing.

:down: :down: :down: :down:
profii
profii
Jack of All Trades
profii
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #364 (ISO) » Fri Jan 19, 2018 9:05 am

Post by profii »

In post 360, Lalendra wrote:I think at the moment, I'm leaning towards dunkerdoodles, hyung and either Thor or Sauce. Dunkerdoodles because I haven't seen much meaningful content from them, and they are getting townread by people for what seems like very little to no reason. Hyung because they haven't posted enough for me to really get a read on them and partly PoE. Thor/Sauce because I don't believe this is scum theater or TvT, it feels like it's genuine, but I'm having a hard time figuring out which one is town and which one is scum who is spitballing.
I agree i don’t think it’s SvS but the possibility of TvT is still there for me - given Saucys irritating play and Thor being fairly offensive it’s reasonable these 2 styles would just clash tunnel on each other

I am eargerly awaiting Hyungs readlist this weekend :(
Sauce
Sauce
Goon
Sauce
Goon
Goon

Post Post #365 (ISO) » Fri Jan 19, 2018 9:36 am

Post by Sauce »

In post 355, acryon wrote:
This is such a weird way to view the game. This assumes everyone has this same MO, which they don't. My goal is not to "make it unmistakably clear to the objective observer" that I'm town. I'm just trying to scum-hunt and I think that the work will speak for itself when people look at it.

This game is not some utopia where we all sit around talking about how town we are and then everyone moves on to some "scumhunting" phase.
If you are town then how do you explain that every attempt to divulge my townieness is countered with senseless aggravation of your stupidity. I have yet to lose an argument against you, while you have lost every single one. 1. "FOS: rb = Roleblocker" wasn't role speculation. Correct? 1.1. I have every right to call you stupid if you're going to act like it was. 1.2. You, and profii for that matter have in one instant thrown out all the intelligence credibility to falsely accuse me of something that never existed. How can I or anyone else ever trust your judgement after such a roflwut display of idiocy, correct? . 2. I didn't say I wanted the day to end two days into the dayphase. Correct? 3. Only I can assess the merit of asking about the number of scum and sk probability in my particular situation. Correct? 4. I explain why setup speculation is a waste of time and space which is best allocated to scumhunting, the material for which should be abundant in a later stage of the game, and my conclusions are unchallenged, let alone intelligently rebutted, so I exposed all the fuss around it as stupidity at best, malicious scum off-balance-throwing at worst. Correct? Everything Thor has ever written with regard to my posts is false, twisted, misappropriated, generalized and truncated down in an absolutely horrifying gaslighting manner, and he needs to seek professional help because that is just not something you do to your enemies let alone your fellow player, Correct? Do I need to quote 50% of his posts and cross-reference them with what I've actually posted? Because I'll do that for the sake of my sanity. 6. Nobody has made a case against me that entails something I did; the best thing anyone could come up with is gaslighting with regard to the lack of content I supposedly produced. I have nothing to defend against except all these idiocy-enforcing fecal matter projectiles, and yet I'm the one getting lectured, and psychologically and ego profiled, my play classified as irritating and annoying and getting negative psychiatric/health evaluations. Correct? 7. If I post this the way it is I will get shit for it, even though it's the truth. Correct? Prove me wrong.
Show

Sauce
Sauce
Goon
Sauce
Goon
Goon

Post Post #366 (ISO) » Fri Jan 19, 2018 9:41 am

Post by Sauce »

@acryon every post from you is an insult and it has been since you said "FOS: rb = Roleblocker" was role speculation (or rather agreed to profii's statement which is worse still), because you just can't be taken serious and yet you act like that's the case, despite ALLL the evidence to the contrary. Same with Thor except he's doing it because he's been forced into it by my vote and persecution. I haven't done that to you until recently so where is your excuse?
Show

acryon
acryon
Mafia Scum
acryon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #367 (ISO) » Fri Jan 19, 2018 9:45 am

Post by acryon »

1. I never had an issue with your RB comment. I always had an issue with you asking about how many scum their were. This is evidenced by my follow-up discussion with you, which was exclusively about that aspect.

2. I also never said you wanted the day to end two days into the day phase. I was surprised by your early willingness to state that you think a PL would be appropriate.

3. Wrong. Everyone has the right assess the merit of anything. That's literally what this game is.

4. Except you are the one that brought it up in the first place; AND setup speculation is actually a
critical
component of the game in later days as we determine the best course of action.

You seem to think I ever had an issue with , which I didn't. I have never even eluded to the fact that I cared about . My issue was always about , which is obvious to anyone who read the thread.
acryon
acryon
Mafia Scum
acryon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #368 (ISO) » Fri Jan 19, 2018 9:48 am

Post by acryon »

5. Disagree with your assessment of his content.

6. Rarely are scum found on something they explicitly did; this game isn't that easy. People are lynched for perceived intent.

7. There is nothing wrong with saying something controversial, but you're not simply being controversial.
Sauce
Sauce
Goon
Sauce
Goon
Goon

Post Post #369 (ISO) » Fri Jan 19, 2018 9:48 am

Post by Sauce »

Do you think it gives me pleasure to call out idiocy. Believe me I'd rather have nothing to do with it. I wish this was all an act and part of some scum agenda, but it's not. It's sad. It's repugnant and I'm infected by it. I want it to stop but with every post someone fires up the machine. I'm being very cool and casual about it yet it is insinuated that I'm surprised and have only myself to blame etc. I have only the idiots to blame who keep testing me, who think this is what forum mafia is about, gang up on someone with an arsenal of bullshit to pressure them into slipping. Well don't mind me saying you need to get your head examined if you participate let alone spearhead this ... deafening cacophony of dumbness.

inb4: No, You!
Show

Sauce
Sauce
Goon
Sauce
Goon
Goon

Post Post #370 (ISO) » Fri Jan 19, 2018 9:50 am

Post by Sauce »

In post 367, acryon wrote:1. I never had an issue with your RB comment. I always had an issue with you asking about how many scum their were. This is evidenced by my follow-up discussion with you, which was exclusively about that aspect.

2. I also never said you wanted the day to end two days into the day phase. I was surprised by your early willingness to state that you think a PL would be appropriate.

3. Wrong. Everyone has the right assess the merit of anything. That's literally what this game is.

4. Except you are the one that brought it up in the first place; AND setup speculation is actually a
critical

You seem to think I ever had an issue with , which I didn't. I have never even eluded to the fact that I cared about . My issue was always about , which is obvious to anyone who read the thread.
In post 368, acryon wrote:5. Disagree with your assessment of his content.

6. Rarely are scum found on something they explicitly did; this game isn't that easy. People are lynched for perceived intent.

7. There is nothing wrong with saying something controversial, but you're not simply being controversial.
WTF are you doing. Have you even read what I've written. You would have to have read my iso before responding without making a complete fool of yourself again. Read my iso or don't even act like you understand what I've listed there. It's not funny, ffs. I'm not here for your entertainment or exhibition of coolness. Get reading or get lynched, goddamnit!
Show

acryon
acryon
Mafia Scum
acryon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #371 (ISO) » Fri Jan 19, 2018 9:55 am

Post by acryon »

In post 370, Sauce wrote:
In post 367, acryon wrote:1. I never had an issue with your RB comment. I always had an issue with you asking about how many scum their were. This is evidenced by my follow-up discussion with you, which was exclusively about that aspect.

critical

WTF are you doing. Have you even read what I've written. You would have to have read my iso before responding without making a complete fool of yourself again. Read my iso or don't even act like you understand what I've listed there. It's not funny, ffs. I'm not here for your entertainment or exhibition of coolness. Get reading or get lynched, goddamnit!
We have already had these discussions and I unfortunately remember them. Why would I have to go back and re-read your ISO, especially when the answers are so clear.
Sauce
Sauce
Goon
Sauce
Goon
Goon

Post Post #372 (ISO) » Fri Jan 19, 2018 9:59 am

Post by Sauce »

critical

1. How is that role speculation? And how is that agreeing completely with what profii said?
2, There's absolutely no reason for a decision to policy lynch someone who refuses to use the full capacity of his expression to surprise you.
3. Here you are lecturing me about what the game is after all this .. this^ including. Are you fucking kidding me?
4. No it's not, read my arguments. Nobody needs to chew new setup information and spit it out into someone else's mouth to be able to get and digest it. I've brought what up first. This is going to lead to more stupidity, there's no other way around it, but I can't expose it before you answer this, or else I would, but your statement makes zero sense as it is.
Show

profii
profii
Jack of All Trades
profii
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #373 (ISO) » Fri Jan 19, 2018 10:03 am

Post by profii »

I’m inclined to say we should lynch saucy waucy but I am reluctant to make a decision when we only have 2 posts from 1 player... I’ll feel better after hearing from everyone
Sauce
Sauce
Goon
Sauce
Goon
Goon

Post Post #374 (ISO) » Fri Jan 19, 2018 10:07 am

Post by Sauce »

In post 373, profii wrote:saucy waucy

5. Just off the top of your head, eh? You haven't had time to consider it. Stupid, how you post this nevertheless.
6. Don't give me statistics in a casually played educated guessing game where the amount of replacements usually outnumber the initial players. You are acting like you haven't stupidity-slipped again, lecturing, nay, condescending. Can there be anything funnier and more tragic at the same time.
7. What did I say 7 was again.. oh right. You're going to make some random provocation appear from your hat again. And you won't be the only one. See quote
Show

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”