Open Setup Autopsies (HELP)

This forum is for discussion related to the game.
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #2 (isolation #0) » Mon Jan 22, 2018 12:47 am

Post by Alisae »

All of the multiball setups can go fuck themselves multiball is terrible.
How is town supposed to win Watchmen Wanted again? Also why is plurality splashed in here for like no reason at all? Like, I like plurality but it seems to be here for no reason lol.
Semi-Nightless? Go play Mountainous games instead.
Duck Duck Goose? HEY, YOU KNOW WHAT HEALTHY GAMEPLAY INVOLVES? GIVING TOWN 1 FREE SCUM FLIP. G O O D S E T U P D E S I G N. Fucking brilliant.
Faith +1. 3 Clears easily, Cop + Doc isn't really a good pairing, and percentage roles aren't fun like how they are currently designed here.
Town should always stomp Nightless Vanilla?
Polygamist - I think town only has one mislynch otherwise if they mislynch again they lose.
C9++ - I believe there is a better version of this somewhere, but fuck sks and scum don't really have much power here.
Diffusion of Power - More Cops, More Docs, Shit Setups.
Hard Boiled - atleast give scum a roleblocker, daytalk, and maybe a Rolecop? Otherwise its really townsided.
Hope +1 - play a Cop 13er on MU, its better.
Pick your poison - No reason to pick outside of the following: IC, {Tracker/Cop}, {The other out of Tracker/Cop OR Vig}
GTKAS
| here.
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #6 (isolation #1) » Mon Jan 22, 2018 1:17 am

Post by Alisae »

In post 4, Mathdino wrote:
In post 2, Alisae wrote:All of the multiball setups can go fuck themselves multiball is terrible.
How is town supposed to win Watchmen Wanted again? Also why is plurality splashed in here for like no reason at all? Like, I like plurality but it seems to be here for no reason lol.
Semi-Nightless? Go play Mountainous games instead.
Duck Duck Goose? HEY, YOU KNOW WHAT HEALTHY GAMEPLAY INVOLVES? GIVING TOWN 1 FREE SCUM FLIP. G O O D S E T U P D E S I G N. Fucking brilliant.
Faith +1. 3 Clears easily, Cop + Doc isn't really a good pairing, and percentage roles aren't fun like how they are currently designed here.
Town should always stomp Nightless Vanilla?
Polygamist - I think town only has one mislynch otherwise if they mislynch again they lose.
C9++ - I believe there is a better version of this somewhere, but fuck sks and scum don't really have much power here.
Diffusion of Power - More Cops, More Docs, Shit Setups.
Hard Boiled - atleast give scum a roleblocker, daytalk, and maybe a Rolecop? Otherwise its really townsided.
Hope +1 - play a Cop 13er on MU, its better.
Pick your poison - No reason to pick outside of the following: IC, {Tracker/Cop}, {The other out of Tracker/Cop OR Vig}
I'm not going to use this thread as a means of trashing multiball in general.
I personally don't play multiball but some people do, and their setups should be balanced with respect to other multiball games.

If you can go more in-depth into Watchmen Wanted, Duck Duck Goose, Faith+1, Hard Boiled, and Pick Your Poison, I'll add them to the autopsy list.

I'm not getting the impression that your critiques of Semi-Nightless, C9++, Diffusion of Power, and Hope+1 are being made in good faith, since it seems like you just dislike the roles or don't personally find the ideas fun. Feel free to prove me wrong. This is more for deconstructing objective problems with setups though.
Um, I don't really need to go more in depth I kinda just explained the problem with them in one sentence? I don't really understand where I need to be more in depth.

And okay
Here is the problem with multiball games.
A. It throws off scumhunting completely and throws a wrench in how you normally play mafia.
B. Multiball has a larger focus on night play instead of Day play.

I'm just saying Multiball is not fun.

And they are.
Semi-Nightless just go play Mountainous 9:2 instead its a better setup.
C9++ SKs are antifun and in general mafia has little power vs towns billions of power roles they can get.
And Cop + Doc is generally not a good combination.
GTKAS
| here.
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #7 (isolation #2) » Mon Jan 22, 2018 1:19 am

Post by Alisae »

Like when it comes to Multiball pick one.
Do you want Multiball? Or a focus on day play?
Because Multiball and Dayplay do not go hand in hand.
GTKAS
| here.
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #11 (isolation #3) » Mon Jan 22, 2018 1:33 am

Post by Alisae »

Oh yeah
This is a setup made by Visorslash on MU
(Atleast I think he made it)
It's called D6.
It's as follows.

13p setup
D6 Mafia is a 13-player Semi-Open Variable setup designed to offer a more balanced experience compared to C9++.

Town Power Roles:

To determine the town power roles, roll a die six times and mark down the numbers. Each roll corresponds to a grouping below.

1-3: Investigative
4-5: Protective
6: Killing

Mark down the number of each grouping and add the corresponding roles from the table below.

Invest
1 IC
2 Role Oracle (Target someone. If you were to die, that person's role is revealed publicly)
3 Role Cop
4 Tracker
5 Parity Cop
6 Cop (With a N0 Random Green Peek)

Protective
1 BG
2 Doc
3 RB
4 JK
5 JK + BG
6 RB + Doc

Killing
1 1-shot vig
2 2-shot vig
3 vig
4 vig
5 vig + 1-shot vig
6 vig + 2-shot vig

Mafia Power:
For the mafia power roles, take the number of town power roles minus one, then roll a die that many times and add the role(s) it lands on. Mafia Goons are added to bring the number of mafia up to three.

1 rb
2 rb
3 jk
4 rolecop
5 tracker
6 watcher
GTKAS
| here.
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #13 (isolation #4) » Mon Jan 22, 2018 1:37 am

Post by Alisae »

In post 9, Mathdino wrote:Alisae this thread is about fixing and improving setups in good faith.

If people want to play multiball, they will. You saying that multiball is unfun doesn't help anyone.

This thread is explicitly not for talking about the merits of multiball/SKs OVERALL.

I recommend making your own thread for that.
I am posting in good faith I'm sorry you just don't believe me.

--
In post 10, Bicephalous Bob wrote:
In post 2, Alisae wrote:Duck Duck Goose? HEY, YOU KNOW WHAT HEALTHY GAMEPLAY INVOLVES? GIVING TOWN 1 FREE SCUM FLIP. G O O D S E T U P D E S I G N. Fucking brilliant.
scum can always no-kill if townies all arm on the same night
That doesn't stop the fact that essentially scum will be no killing out of fear.
Your setup is townsided if you are making your scum faction no kill out of fear.
GTKAS
| here.
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #15 (isolation #5) » Mon Jan 22, 2018 1:44 am

Post by Alisae »

Dude
All multiball setups suffer from what is basicly the same problem of being swingy and ruining dayplay aspects.
if there is not a multiball setup that doesn't focus on that, pleases let me know ty <3
GTKAS
| here.
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #17 (isolation #6) » Mon Jan 22, 2018 1:56 am

Post by Alisae »

It won't derail into a discussion about multiball.
However, if you want to dissect what is wrong with some of the setups in the open queue, multiball is going to be a topic that you cannot avoid.
Plus, people like complaining and multiball is a really easy thing to complain about :P
GTKAS
| here.
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #53 (isolation #7) » Sat Jan 27, 2018 12:51 am

Post by Alisae »

In post 49, BBmolla wrote:Play Dota 2 it's better
You're not wrong.