Theme Test Market

This forum is for discussion related to the game.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #4600 (ISO) » Sun Jan 21, 2018 11:46 pm

Post by Varsoon »

Nuh-uh, it's my own 100% unique idea no one else can do it.
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #4601 (ISO) » Mon Jan 22, 2018 12:20 am

Post by Alisae »

3 Unique High Quality Mods mod this game.
Each phase they have to pick a mod to play their setup for that phase.
Maybe the setups are public or not? Who knows.
Either way sounds fun.
GTKAS
| here.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #4602 (ISO) » Mon Jan 22, 2018 12:41 am

Post by Varsoon »

You mentioned wanting to co-mod a game with me and I think that'd be the most fun co-modding experience I can think of.
In the past, when I was a co-mod or backup, I usually took backseat to whoever was really running the show
But having three mods make three different setups, then having players rotate between the three would be really neat.
It'd also get me off my ass and make a setup!
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #4603 (ISO) » Mon Jan 22, 2018 4:37 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

I'd love to see Varsoon make an Undertale game, there was the bastard one in 2016 but I feel Varsoon working his magic would be outstanding
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #4604 (ISO) » Thu Jan 25, 2018 3:14 pm

Post by Varsoon »

Curious if a game that's mafia at its core but has an added prisoner's dilemma game would work or if it'd be too easy for players to 'game'.

Basically, I just finished the video game Virtue's Last Reward. In that, there are 9 players all competing to earn 9 points. Whoever gets to 9 points wins. If you lose all your points, you die. At regular intervals, players are paired up to vote against each other: they can either ally or betray. If both players ally, they earn 2 points. If both betray, their points don't change. If one allies and the other betrays, then the allying player loses 2 points and the betraying player gains 3 points. On top of that, at least one of the players in the game is a killer, complicating how people think they should be allying/betraying.

I was wondering if this would translate to a workable mafia setup and if people would want to play it. I'd probably keep normal lynch/kill mechanics but I'd also have the whole ally/betray game as an alternate win condition and way to kill players.

I'm curious if anyone would be interested in the flavor, dunno how many people are familiar with 999 or VLR, but I think those games would appeal a lot to mafia players.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #4605 (ISO) » Thu Jan 25, 2018 3:15 pm

Post by Varsoon »

In post 4603, Gamma Emerald wrote:I'd love to see Varsoon make an Undertale game, there was the bastard one in 2016 but I feel Varsoon working his magic would be outstanding
Yeah, I actually shelfed my undertale setup out of deference to the other mods who wanted to run themed games for it, then ended up not running my setup because I felt too many of the same theme game back to back would be a bit lame for players. I usually wanna run themes that haven't been explored recently.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #4606 (ISO) » Thu Jan 25, 2018 3:16 pm

Post by Varsoon »

In post 4603, Gamma Emerald wrote:I'd love to see Varsoon make an Undertale game, there was the bastard one in 2016 but I feel Varsoon working his magic would be outstanding
Yeah, I actually shelfed my undertale setup out of deference to the other mods who wanted to run themed games for it, then ended up not running my setup because I felt too many of the same theme game back to back would be a bit lame for players. I usually wanna run themes that haven't been explored recently. I also like themes that I really love, because my passion helps me care more about building neat, fitting roles, rather than half-assing it.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4607 (ISO) » Thu Jan 25, 2018 3:33 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 4604, Varsoon wrote:Curious if a game that's mafia at its core but has an added prisoner's dilemma game would work or if it'd be too easy for players to 'game'.

Basically, I just finished the video game Virtue's Last Reward. In that, there are 9 players all competing to earn 9 points. Whoever gets to 9 points wins. If you lose all your points, you die. At regular intervals, players are paired up to vote against each other: they can either ally or betray. If both players ally, they earn 2 points. If both betray, their points don't change. If one allies and the other betrays, then the allying player loses 2 points and the betraying player gains 3 points. On top of that, at least one of the players in the game is a killer, complicating how people think they should be allying/betraying.

I was wondering if this would translate to a workable mafia setup and if people would want to play it. I'd probably keep normal lynch/kill mechanics but I'd also have the whole ally/betray game as an alternate win condition and way to kill players.

I'm curious if anyone would be interested in the flavor, dunno how many people are familiar with 999 or VLR, but I think those games would appeal a lot to mafia players.
Vanilla game with those mechanics?
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #4608 (ISO) » Thu Jan 25, 2018 3:39 pm

Post by Varsoon »

Yeah, or, well, pretty much close to vanilla.
If anything, I would NOT give people roles that help them with the Ally/Betray mechanics or to avoid kills/cause more deaths.
I was also considering making it even more closely tied to the actual game in that each night phase would feature teams of people in isolated threads solving a 'puzzle', and if I did that, then it'd be easier to make roles specifically designed around players solving said puzzles/'beating' the rooms they were in. I dunno.
Venmar
Venmar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Venmar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #4609 (ISO) » Fri Jan 26, 2018 4:30 am

Post by Venmar »

Would anybody be interested if I was to develop a Lord of the Rings large theme? It's been 4+ years since the theme was used as a mini theme.
I swear I'm trying my best

--Expect me to be V/LA from 10am-7pm PST every Mon, Wed, Thurs, Sat, Sun due to work--
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #4610 (ISO) » Fri Jan 26, 2018 5:22 am

Post by Varsoon »

I'd be up for it, but only if I could be a wizard or a dwarf.
Espeonage
Espeonage
any
Survivor
Espeonage
any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: any

Post Post #4611 (ISO) » Wed Feb 07, 2018 4:06 am

Post by Espeonage »

In post 4609, Venmar wrote:Would anybody be interested if I was to develop a Lord of the Rings large theme? It's been 4+ years since the theme was used as a mini theme.
Has there been one since children of hurin?
Don't @ me.
shos
shos
Survivor
shos
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4612 (ISO) » Sat Feb 10, 2018 6:55 am

Post by shos »

In post 4611, Espeonage wrote:
In post 4609, Venmar wrote:Would anybody be interested if I was to develop a Lord of the Rings large theme? It's been 4+ years since the theme was used as a mini theme.
Has there been one since children of hurin?
I don't recall, but if there is another one, I'm in
In post 836, Lucky2u said:

Rule # 5h05: players should not attempt to use or manipulate the mod for any purpose.
Iconeum
Iconeum
Survivor
Iconeum
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4613 (ISO) » Sun Feb 11, 2018 11:12 pm

Post by Iconeum »

/pre in
Maestro
Maestro
They/Them/Any
Jack of All Trades
Maestro
They/Them/Any
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: They/Them/Any

Post Post #4614 (ISO) » Tue Feb 20, 2018 3:29 am

Post by Maestro »

Hey there all! I’m co-modding the
Civilization 5 UPick Large Theme
that’s in sign-ups right now - Venmar and I have two spots left open, and we could use a waiting list. Hydrae need not apply. If you were on the fence, get off it and come join us!

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=75067
Beefster
Beefster
Mafia Scum
Beefster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4615 (ISO) » Thu Feb 22, 2018 7:05 pm

Post by Beefster »

Death Mafia

Flavor will feature black/dark humor and undead lore.

All power roles will be death-related, ranging from Vengeful variants to powers that work on dead players to power roles that still have actions after death. There will be some interaction between the dead thread and the main game thread, so the dead thread will be 100% spoiler free.

There will be more roles than usual, but it will not be vanillaless. (Though the vanillas might actually be named townies with no powers)

I'm looking for reviewers and a backup mod.
On hiatus indefinitely. This was a nice distraction when I was working through my faith transition out of Mormonism, but I need to move on to bigger and better things now.
Get to know a meat boy
LicketyQuickety
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4616 (ISO) » Fri Mar 02, 2018 7:57 am

Post by LicketyQuickety »

Not for a theme but...

Would people be interested in playing a game where you can give and take away abilities from players for things regarding voting?
I was anything worse than you! Anything worse than you was I!

You was doided teh aposit_tisopa het dedoid saw em.
LicketyQuickety
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4617 (ISO) » Sat Mar 10, 2018 6:07 am

In post 4616, LicketyQuickety wrote:Not for a theme but...

Would people be interested in playing a game where you can give and take away abilities from players for things regarding voting?
Bump.

Obviously this means we (Maker and I) are going to have come up with some creative roles that are new. I think it's going to be a good game, but I just would like to know there is some interest for this sort of game.

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4618 (ISO) » Sat Mar 10, 2018 6:12 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Um sounds cool?
<Embrace The Void>

Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #4619 (ISO) » Mon Mar 12, 2018 5:01 am

Post by Elbirn »

In post 4592, Varsoon wrote::oops:

Speaking of, I have a bunch of theme ideas in my back pocket but no clue what people even want to play.

Megaman Battlenetwork, Dragon's Crown, Legend of 5 Rings, Magic the Gathering, Sacrifice, Sengoku BASARA, Samurai Jack, Mike Tyson Mysteries, Yakuza, Heroes of Might and Magic 3, Gundam: Universal Century, Undertale, the list goes on...

Basically, I just don't know what I want to commit 6+ months to again. :P
I'd play any of those
Especially Mike Tyson/samurai jack
In post 4594, Varsoon wrote:Cheetory6 proposed an awful/great idea where I just mash all those setups into one.

So.
Would anyone actually want to play a game where, each day, players must vote on a new setup to play for the next day/night phase. Each setup swap would completely give people all new role cards and public mechanics, abandoning the old ones?
This however might be trying too hard. That or I'm just an awful naysayer
Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #4620 (ISO) » Mon Mar 12, 2018 5:02 am

Post by Elbirn »

Oh

Someone make a Darkest Dungeon Mafia, because I legally cannot.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #4621 (ISO) » Mon Mar 12, 2018 9:00 am

Post by Varsoon »

In post 4620, Elbirn wrote:Oh

Someone make a Darkest Dungeon Mafia, because I legally cannot.
Andrius ran a Darkest Dungeon setup awhile ago that was designed to be run as a part of a series of games.
Don't think he ever ran the next one, but each game would focus on a single Dungeon from the game.
Was pretty neat.
Lycanfire
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4622 (ISO) » Mon Mar 12, 2018 10:09 am

Post by Lycanfire »

Andrius did well with Darkest Dungeon. I was more critical of Darkest Dungeon than I should have been. I think I was salty after some crazy vig shot me.
Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #4623 (ISO) » Mon Mar 12, 2018 12:37 pm

Post by Elbirn »

Already happened. This is why I don't have ideas.

Uhhhm.....yeah that's all I've got, nowadays I play that and dead by daylight and I don't think that really works
LicketyQuickety
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4624 (ISO) » Mon Mar 12, 2018 12:38 pm

I like this avatar much better Elbirn. Does more to capture your personality.

Return to “Mafia Discussion”