Open Setup Autopsies (HELP)

This forum is for discussion related to the game.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #18 (isolation #0) » Mon Jan 22, 2018 6:31 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Whilst I do not have a prejudice against most multiball setups, I'm of the mind that all jungle setups should be nuked. The only fun one is Jungle Anarchy and mafia still sucks as an alignment in that one.
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #58 (isolation #1) » Sat Jan 27, 2018 9:12 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 57, BBmolla wrote:What's the random lynching winrate for Polygamy if town is just made into 8 VTs?
probably very townsided
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #105 (isolation #2) » Sun Sep 02, 2018 12:44 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 23, LlamaFluff wrote:
In post 22, Mathdino wrote:When it comes to JK9++, I'm coming it at it from the assumption that C9++ is balanced (I could be wrong because of massclaim tactics), and then arguing that JK9++ is more scumsided at every opportunity. I like the variation in the roles, but, for example, the tracker lineup is significantly worse than C9++'s cop lineup, while the mafia JOAT is better than the mafia roleblocker. For JK9++, I'd like to preserve that initial variability (it is what makes the setup fun) while bringing down to C9++ levels.
C9++ is somewhat optimized based on the massclaim tactic I like that instead of claiming outright you claim one of "VT", "Tier one - role that can exist with only one of your letter" or "Tier two - role that needs at least two of your letter" and then you circle back to PR claim. It makes it nearly impossible for scum to safely fake claim because they have to gamble on what town is and if town locks down what the setup is fast, they win rate jumps very quickly.
Don't think I ever properly addressed this, this is a good idea based on what happened in my first C9++
<Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #106 (isolation #3) » Sun Sep 02, 2018 12:51 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 43, AnonymousGhost wrote:Light bulb moment. Could a Psychiatrist replace one of the town PR in JK9++ or Switch and still maintain balance or is that too swingy/crazy for Open games?
This gave me an idea via word association: detective/psychologist in JK9++. With vengeful, vig, and mafia and sk, I think it would be interesting.
<Embrace The Void>

Return to “Mafia Discussion”