Shin Hatsubai
Townie
Townie

Post Post #17 (isolation #0) » Thu Mar 27, 2008 10:21 am

Post by Shin Hatsubai »

This should be an interesting game.

To add some pressure for a role reveal, i'll

vote: lord_hur

No offense, just want to get the ball rolling :)
新発売
Shin Hatsubai
Shin Hatsubai
Townie
Shin Hatsubai
Townie
Townie

Post Post #80 (isolation #1) » Sun Mar 30, 2008 12:21 pm

Post by Shin Hatsubai »

Sorry folks, I had to go out of town unexpectedly. I have caught up on the thread and everything. I also feel that random voting has ended, and my vote on lord_hur should have been removed long ago :P

unvote lord_hur
新発売
Shin Hatsubai
Shin Hatsubai
Townie
Shin Hatsubai
Townie
Townie

Post Post #85 (isolation #2) » Sun Mar 30, 2008 5:24 pm

Post by Shin Hatsubai »

Here are my thoughts on the discussion so far... I think speculation of roles is fine in the opening of the game, as long as they don't go too far as to possibly give scum good targets on the first night. Going with speculation on the Townie PM that is posted at the beginning of the thread is fine because everyone can see it, and if the scum received a different one they can speculate in private all they want as to the significance of the roles and the food. My only hope is that they can't somehow choose the plagues themselves, and they target certain food or roles... so revealing roles would be bad in this stage. I guess to get a better feel on the game would be to see what happens on Night 1, but that would mean losing some townies, which is bad. It seemed to me there was a lot of back and forth between thevampireofdusseldorf, lord_hur, and Mr Stoofer, which I think was good for stimulating discussion, but as of this point I am hesitant to place a vote on any person yet, because I couldn't for sure make a snap decision as to who was scum... I do, however, agree with lord_hur's reasoning for prodding characters, because I think it doesn't get him out of the spotlight, it makes him a more noticeable character, and could possibly mean (if he is not scum) a bigger target on his head. I think it is important to not let the day drag on too much, but I am afraid a hasty vote at this point may take out out a townie.
新発売
Shin Hatsubai
Shin Hatsubai
Townie
Shin Hatsubai
Townie
Townie

Post Post #86 (isolation #3) » Sun Mar 30, 2008 5:28 pm

Post by Shin Hatsubai »

I feel that I would place
FoS: thevampireofdusseldorf
because there are already 3 votes... to prevent any hasty lynchings.
新発売
Shin Hatsubai
Shin Hatsubai
Townie
Shin Hatsubai
Townie
Townie

Post Post #117 (isolation #4) » Tue Apr 01, 2008 4:09 am

Post by Shin Hatsubai »

hasdgfas wrote: 1) Why do you think we need another night to get a better feel for this game? Don't you think we can use 1 day to find scum? It seems to me like what's more important to you at this point is understanding the game as opposed to finding scum.
2) You don't need to make a "snap decision" as to who is scum. In fact, that's one of the worst things you could possibly do. It should be a more well thought-out decision as opposed to just deciding hastily.
1) Sorry the "needing another night" comment was more for getting a feel for the actual game play itself, which is all up to undo. I think it is of course in our best interest to use day 1 to find the scum, because it can (and has been) done. I feel that now I am getting a better grasp as to the situation by reading more posts.
2) I understand that it should definitely not be a snap decision regards to who is scum or not, because on day 1 there is a higher chance of lynching a townie. The reason I used snap decision was because at that point in reading the posts I was not completely sure who I thought could be scum... but after reading more posts after I feel that my
FoS on thevampireofdusseldorf
still stands.
lord_hur wrote:@Shin Hatsubai : Why do you think it would be bad for town to let the day drag on too much ? What could be the damage, if everyone stays active and provides accusations and answers (in which you are arguably behind everyone else) ?
I think by letting the day drag on to find suitable answers is completely beneficial for the town. The reason why I brought this up was because in past mafia games I played, the deadline for day was placed pretty quickly on the thread if we went too long. I didn't mean to encourage a hasty lynch.

I am a very play it safe player, especially on the first day. I know it looks like I am all talk and no action, but I would rather mill things over and read the discussion before making the final decision as to who to vote for.
新発売

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”