Team Mafia 2018: Mafiosi Revolution (Over)

Ether
Ether
Lyrical Rampage
Ether
Lyrical Rampage
Lyrical Rampage
Pronoun:

Post Post #1025 (ISO) » Tue Jan 23, 2018 8:47 am

Post by Ether »

Day 1, Votecount 27

3 Cabd (Spiffeh, Transcend, Toranaga)
2 Kagami (Mulch, Kmd4390)
2 Kmd4390 (Patrick, UnaBombaH)
2 Mulch (Kagami, implosion)
2 Transcend (Chara, Ginngie)
1 Firebringer (Cheetory6)
1 Spiffeh (Firebringer)

2 Unvote (Aristophanes, Cabd)

With 15 alive, it takes 8 to lynch.
The deadline is in (expired on 2018-02-05 00:00:00), on Sunday, February 4 at 11:59 pm EST.

Cheetory6
Cheetory6
MS Painter
Cheetory6
MS Painter
MS Painter

Post Post #1026 (ISO) » Tue Jan 23, 2018 8:53 am

Post by Cheetory6 »

Spiff wrote:I don’t want to make a fight or anything, which Spiffeh tried to label my posts as.
So for the most part you have felt hostile towards me, so when I respond, yeah I am going to joke to relieve tension

My true answer is I think Spiffeh is scum and I can’t describe it in great detail without just making up words and bullshiting just to make a case, which I don’t do. Maybe I am fear scumreading him maybe not. There’s no questions I have for him right now so just feel like observing and making snippy comments
Most of it has been grumpiness rather than hostility if that gives you better context for where my headspace was at.

I'm kind of in a place where I feel like you're scum with the way you're approaching things now though?

At the very least I feel like I should be townreading you by now and I'm not. There's a particular lack of oomph to what you're doing this game and this careful tiptoeing/pokey approach to me/Spiff that I don't really think townYou does.

I really feel like the off-topic stuff is reading more like it did in Alisae's game than it did in jj's game. Here it seems like it's a crutch to post in general, whereas it felt more like a way to keep you from getting frustrated in bread UPick.

Where's your head at on Cabd?
Can you pull specific posts by Spiff that are pinging you in general?
Mulch
Mulch
Gotta Go Fast
Mulch
Gotta Go Fast
Gotta Go Fast

Post Post #1027 (ISO) » Tue Jan 23, 2018 8:56 am

Post by Mulch »

In post 1024, implosion wrote:VOTE: Mulch
I’m town dude

Try lynching scum

Kthx

You think I’m scum for picking a scum role Pm but I chose a normal for obvious reasons

Try looking at my play I think it’s prettu towny especially if transcend or kagami flips scum
Amrock#3784
Kagami
Kagami
Jack of All Trades
Kagami
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1028 (ISO) » Tue Jan 23, 2018 8:58 am

Post by Kagami »

The word is not especially, it's ~only~ and therein lies the problem.
Mulch
Mulch
Gotta Go Fast
Mulch
Gotta Go Fast
Gotta Go Fast

Post Post #1029 (ISO) » Tue Jan 23, 2018 8:58 am

Post by Mulch »

Kagami vote parking me as a policy lynch is pretty scummy

Actually more scummy than Eddie shitting bullshit

I’m pretty sure Eddie wants to be a hero and catch scum mulch

And it’s possivle transcend is foolishly listening to Eddie

Not that transcend isn’t scum but

Kagami probably scummier at this point
Amrock#3784
Cheetory6
Cheetory6
MS Painter
Cheetory6
MS Painter
MS Painter

Post Post #1030 (ISO) » Tue Jan 23, 2018 9:03 am

Post by Cheetory6 »

If I vote you am I scum Mulch?
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1031 (ISO) » Tue Jan 23, 2018 9:05 am

Post by implosion »

I can also see myself hopping on the Kagami wagon in the near future in theory.
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #1032 (ISO) » Tue Jan 23, 2018 9:07 am

Post by Firebringer »

In post 1026, Cheetory6 wrote:I'm kind of in a place where I feel like you're scum with the way you're approaching things now though?
Yeah I can see that.
Show
"You are the Joker of mafia players" - Oversoul
"last time I was scum with Firebringer
his first post in the scum PT was "yes I rolled scum!"
I decided to post "haha just don't post that in the main thread", but to get up to date on the main thread first.

His first post in the main thread was "yes I rolled scum!" -popsofctown
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #1033 (ISO) » Tue Jan 23, 2018 9:08 am

Post by Firebringer »

There’s been only one point in this game I’ve been frustrated and my team helped me calm down instead of having me post a bitch fit
Show
I decided to post "haha just don't post that in the main thread", but to get up to date on the main thread first.

Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #1034 (ISO) » Tue Jan 23, 2018 9:12 am

Post by Kmd4390 »

In post 1023, Kagami wrote:
In post 1021, Kmd4390 wrote:
In post 1016, Kagami wrote:It's true that I'm entirely unsure where you're coming from.
My posts on the subject have been as clear as I can get.
Walk me through it again, specifically the part where scum-mulch has already claimed a masonry with Toranaga, and then you believe he likely exits it in a fashion other than the way he did.
It was a "claim" that was obviously never going to stick unless they are either actually masons or scum together in which case why claim so early? So what is he even trying to accomplish as scum? He's either joking or genuinely reaction testing. With that in mind, when Tora reacted, Mulch told us Tora is town regardless of his own alignment. If Mulch is town, he says it proves his reaction test is genuine and Tora is town. If Mulch flips scum, he says Tora is still town. This serves no purpose for Mulch as scum unless again they are BOTH scum. I did town read Tora's reaction, so that makes that unlikely for me. So yeah, the whole thing does NOTHING for scum-Mulch but for town-Mulch it helped him read Tora and in his mind prove Tora's alignment to the rest of us as well.
KMD is the coolest dude who ever lost a bet to me - vonflare
Kagami
Kagami
Jack of All Trades
Kagami
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1035 (ISO) » Tue Jan 23, 2018 9:15 am

Post by Kagami »

So you meant "I don't think scum-mulch claims masons with town-tora?"
Cheetory6
Cheetory6
MS Painter
Cheetory6
MS Painter
MS Painter

Post Post #1036 (ISO) » Tue Jan 23, 2018 9:18 am

Post by Cheetory6 »

In post 1033, Firebringer wrote:There’s been only one point in this game I’ve been frustrated and my team helped me calm down instead of having me post a bitch fit
Sorry if that was a me thing.

I'm not particularly great at fielding criticism, so when I throw a ton of effort at something and someone criticizes me as awkward without referring to anything specific, it's hard for me to not take that personally in that moment? [and maybe even be a little mad that I'm putting in all of that effort to have my contributions to the game just be boiled down to "awkward"]

Kind of like saying an argument I'm making is stupid. It comes across like that person is saying that I'm specifically stupid.

If you're town I feel like it really shouldn't be hard to make it obvious if you're actually feeling invested in the game [or at least that's how I've felt with every game with townYou where you've been invested in the game]. So when I see stuff like a big readlist from you and I don't feel "hey this is town Firebringer" it just feeds into this sense of paranoia I'm having that you're more concerned with keeping up appearances with Spiff and I than you actually are with finding scum here.
Kagami
Kagami
Jack of All Trades
Kagami
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1037 (ISO) » Tue Jan 23, 2018 9:19 am

Post by Kagami »

Kmd, the exit is scum-indicative if anything, since town-mulch is reasonably likely to come to a different conclusion from the "reaction test."

If you believe the entry makes him town, then thats one thing, but that's not at all what you said.
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1038 (ISO) » Tue Jan 23, 2018 9:37 am

Post by implosion »

Kmd wrote:It was a "claim" that was obviously never going to stick unless they are either actually masons or scum together in which case why claim so early? So what is he even trying to accomplish as scum?
Basically, free towncred; I can easily see scum-mulch doing this to town-Toranga if he assumes that toranga is going to be townread either way, especially since mulch may have thought of it during pregame/may have been thinking about it before then when he saw he was getting scum role PM. Basically I just don't think there's any negative utility to doing it as scum if he was under the assumption that toranga was going to be obvtown, and there is simple positive utility in it giving him potential towncred/him later being able to say "look at me, i broke my scum meta!"

I sort of agree that it's somewhat unlikely to come from scum mulch who thinks he might have been able to get away with a mislynch on toranga.
Patrick
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Rantbuddy

Post Post #1039 (ISO) » Tue Jan 23, 2018 10:33 am

Post by Patrick »

Cheet wrote:At the very least I feel like I should be townreading you by now and I'm not. There's a particular lack of oomph to what you're doing this game and this careful tiptoeing/pokey approach to me/Spiff that I don't really think townYou does.
This interests me, because the only time I've ever seen Spiffeh play was in another Ether-mod game where he looked to me obvtown but was mislynched. In this game I feel like I agree with a fair number of his points, but don't townread him. Is he normally an easy read as town?

implosion looks alot better than last night. I'm curious about both the townreads expressed in 999 though. Why would KMD's post about partner elaboration be a hard one to make as scum? He's right, but the post looks super null to me.

I think I totally underestimated Mulch. Still not very interested in him right now, but his stated preference for picking a scum role is relevant.

Spiffeh: why are you voting Cabd atm? Sorry if this is explained somewhere but I don't see it. I felt you actually had a valid point on kmd.

To those implying suspicion of me, I loathe playing as scum. There is no way in hell I took a scum role when I feel this out of touch with the site, unless my team literally got 3+ scum role PMs. I feel scuzzy bringing that up, but it's part of this competition and not something I'm going to ignore on other people either. If my posting style bothers you, it's likely to do so for the entire game. Iso me in Twin Trap, or read my posts in the 2014 UK scummers invitational that I'm too lazy to link to. I'm actually pretty easy to read.

I feel alot better about implosion and Unabomba. I'm unsure if I'm just seeing ghosts on KMD because he's posted alot of stuff relevant to the game and talked about a good number of people, but I get an empty feeling from the apparent internal turmoil in his team about reads in this game, whereas I feel like I often townread that kind of thing. No clue on Cabd, and Kagami seems entirely unimpressive so far. Probably worth a read of 4:8 Nightless, but that'll have to be for another day. I'd like to hear from Aris, but comments from Cheet/implosion suggest to me that slot is not worth focussing on now.
Primpod 11:13 pm
chamber can you please come to ukmeet
i would love to finally touch your face
Cheetory6
Cheetory6
MS Painter
Cheetory6
MS Painter
MS Painter

Post Post #1040 (ISO) » Tue Jan 23, 2018 10:41 am

Post by Cheetory6 »

In post 1039, Patrick wrote:This interests me, because the only time I've ever seen Spiffeh play was in another Ether-mod game where he looked to me obvtown but was mislynched. In this game I feel like I agree with a fair number of his points, but don't townread him. Is he normally an easy read as town?
Was talking about Firebringer, not Spiff.
Patrick
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Rantbuddy

Post Post #1041 (ISO) » Tue Jan 23, 2018 10:51 am

Post by Patrick »

Ha. Misread that completely. Must admit I have jack all read on Firebringer at this point.

Still, did you think anything of Spiffs self analysis, since a previous post of yours said you had some thoughts on it?
Primpod 11:13 pm
chamber can you please come to ukmeet
i would love to finally touch your face
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #1042 (ISO) » Tue Jan 23, 2018 10:55 am

Post by Firebringer »

What’s a jack all read?
Show

Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #1043 (ISO) » Tue Jan 23, 2018 10:56 am

Post by Firebringer »

In post 1036, Cheetory6 wrote:If you're town I feel like it really shouldn't be hard to make it obvious if you're actually feeling invested in the game [or at least that's how I've felt with every game with townYou where you've been invested in the game]. So when I see stuff like a big readlist from you and I don't feel "hey this is town Firebringer" it just feeds into this sense of paranoia I'm having that you're more concerned with keeping up appearances with Spiff and I than you actually are with finding scum here.
I’m not that invested yet and my heart isn’t in it.
This is why I can see you can see me as scum.

My effort has been forced when it has been applied.
Show

Spiffeh
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Paragone
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1044 (ISO) » Tue Jan 23, 2018 10:59 am

Post by Spiffeh »

In post 1022, Firebringer wrote:I don’t want to make a fight or anything, which Spiffeh tried to label my posts as.
This was based on these two posts about Cheetory:
In post 444, Firebringer wrote:Cheetory is being an uneecesary ass.
Likely town
In post 493, Firebringer wrote:Why the hell r u in a terrible mood is my first question?
which I interpreted as unwarranted, negative statements and given that you know Cheet's history with being sensitive (not meant as an insult) with stuff like that I didn't see why you thought these posts were necessary
Spiffeh
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Paragone

Post Post #1045 (ISO) » Tue Jan 23, 2018 11:02 am

Post by Spiffeh »

@Patrick
In post 807, Spiffeh wrote:@Ginngie I found this post from Cheetory compelling
In post 477, Cheetory6 wrote:
Cabd wrote:Okay cheet your job is to keep me sane. Any time I am getting not-sane, please pull me back from the brink.

Do you think it's possible for me to have a very good read on kagami given their posts to present?
Okay. Your job is to start working on being town if you are town then.
(:

I don't really have much experience with Kagami, but I think there are things that they've posted that are pokeable in general. The defense on Una was interesting enough, wouldn't be hard to get some kind of feeling for whether they're legitimately trying to sort Una there or if they're just WKing to generate content. Could ask them about an update on his Spiff read. Or what about the Mulch case that Transcend posted that they finds compelling.

I just kind of overly feel like your post was easy commentary and the Kagami thing was at best kind of lazy and at worst you, as scum, trying to overexplain your thought process to seem like you're doing something when you're not really doing anything.

You said you haven't read yet which is all fine and dandy, but you have my attention for when you do catch-up atm. And I'm unfortunately too dumb to just let things happen so I could get a more natural read on you :')
I haven't read the last 5 or so pages though so maybe my opinions will change who knows!??!?!?!?
Spiffeh
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Paragone

Post Post #1046 (ISO) » Tue Jan 23, 2018 11:09 am

Post by Spiffeh »

In post 966, Spiffeh wrote:Cheetory and implosion are people I expected to be town based on their team composition and their gameplay so far has confirmed that for me

In a similar way I thought both you and Aristophanes (Aristophanes more so) would be town based on your team compositions but your play so far has not convinced me of it.

I think it's stupid to completely write people off just based on the nature of Team Mafia but it's fine as a starting point.

Who are your town reads then, based on Team Mafia meta?
Kagami I'd like your response to this and I'm also interested in who else I should be town reading based on this Team Mafia meta
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #1047 (ISO) » Tue Jan 23, 2018 11:26 am

Post by Kmd4390 »

In post 1035, Kagami wrote:So you meant "I don't think scum-mulch claims masons with town-tora?"
I don't think Mulch as scum makes such a big show of how town Tora is.
Kagami wrote:Kmd, the exit is scum-indicative if anything, since town-mulch is reasonably likely to come to a different conclusion from the "reaction test."
The exit means nothing. Like I said, the claim was never sticking unless they were actually masons or scum together and in either of those cases they don't claim in RVS. The exit was inevitable.
Kagami wrote:If you believe the entry makes him town, then thats one thing, but that's not at all what you said.
Nope. It meant nothing to me when he first claimed. My instinct was just to wait and see what Tora says.
Implosion wrote:Basically, free towncred; I can easily see scum-mulch doing this to town-Toranga if he assumes that toranga is going to be townread either way, especially since mulch may have thought of it during pregame/may have been thinking about it before then when he saw he was getting scum role PM. Basically I just don't think there's any negative utility to doing it as scum if he was under the assumption that toranga was going to be obvtown, and there is simple positive utility in it giving him potential towncred/him later being able to say "look at me, i broke my scum meta!"

I sort of agree that it's somewhat unlikely to come from scum mulch who thinks he might have been able to get away with a mislynch on toranga.
I dunno. The way he went into it being regardless of how he flips and don't worry about his own alignment because Tora is confirmed town regardless doesn't make me think he was after any town cred. It seems like if he'd been lynched he'd go "oh well at least I confirmed Tora as town".
Patrick wrote:I feel alot better about implosion and Unabomba. I'm unsure if I'm just seeing ghosts on KMD because he's posted alot of stuff relevant to the game and talked about a good number of people, but I get an empty feeling from the apparent internal turmoil in his team about reads in this game, whereas I feel like I often townread that kind of thing. No clue on Cabd, and Kagami seems entirely unimpressive so far. Probably worth a read of 4:8 Nightless, but that'll have to be for another day. I'd like to hear from Aris, but comments from Cheet/implosion suggest to me that slot is not worth focussing on now.
I mean I wouldn't call it turmoil. Mathdino and I actually sync pretty well together from the little bit of recent experience I have with him. It's just we got opposite impressions on this game when we read it. He has more experience with unabomb than I do so maybe I need to default to him on that read. I think we still disagree on Transcend but we haven't talked much about him. We just disagreed on some reads. It's bound to happen from time to time. I'd be pretty shocked if anyone could honestly tell me that across five games their teams agree on every read. The difference is probably that Mathdino is more vocal and assertive than most people. Which is fine. It just came off wrong I think.
KMD is the coolest dude who ever lost a bet to me - vonflare
Transcend
Transcend
Survivor
Transcend
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1048 (ISO) » Tue Jan 23, 2018 11:32 am

Post by Transcend »

Hey implosion ily

VOTE: mulch
Mulch
Mulch
Gotta Go Fast
Mulch
Gotta Go Fast
Gotta Go Fast

Post Post #1049 (ISO) » Tue Jan 23, 2018 11:34 am

Post by Mulch »

Hey look implosion your leading a mislynch

I’m wiping my hands of this game if I’m mislynched like every other fucking town game for “he would choose a scum role Pm” when I chose a normal pre-game and have identified scum in this game

Too bad so sad

Transcend is deep into their scum meta and spewing bullshit

I’ve been towny af and the 3 people who’ve played with me before besides scum transcend are deep townreading me
Amrock#3784

Return to “Team Mafia 2018”