Song Contest 114 (Results POSTED!)

This forum is for discussion about anything else.
wilky
wilky
Mafia Scum
wilky
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #22 (isolation #0) » Sun Jan 21, 2018 5:22 am

Post by wilky »

I've went for something completely different to last time and something that probably won't be everyones cup of tea but is definitely different.
wilky
wilky
Mafia Scum
wilky
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #41 (isolation #1) » Wed Jan 24, 2018 10:45 am

Post by wilky »

Going to post as I listen this time as last time I had to keep looking back to see which song was which country.

Spain - Big fan of this, unlike the other opinions so far I think the singer has a really good voice and if the others are as good as this i'll be happy. Hard to see this being beat to my top pick so far but it is the only one i've listened to.

USA - Definitely not my kind of music, couldn't finish this one.

Iceland - Again not really my type of music, no idea how the vocals compare to other bands in similar genres as I don't see the appeal of it but I liked the drums in this song so extra brownie points for that.

Slovenia - A bit meh, starts off good then drops off a bit.

Sudan - I like it, acoustic and charming. Drops some points for not exactly being original but scores highly.

Hungary - Very nice. Hints of a few different genres, nice voice, a song with meaning and some nice piano in the background. Currently 2nd behind Spain.
wilky
wilky
Mafia Scum
wilky
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #48 (isolation #2) » Sat Jan 27, 2018 1:23 am

Post by wilky »

Somalia - Meh

Cameroon - I like it, pretty smooth and generally fits within my tastes well. Vocals sound a bit forced at times but scores highly.

Germany - Would make a nice instrumental, I really don't like the vocals though.

Burkina Faso - Again, middle of the road meh.
wilky
wilky
Mafia Scum
wilky
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #49 (isolation #3) » Sun Jan 28, 2018 12:30 am

Post by wilky »

Bhutan - This is very weird, but so weird that its actually pretty catchy. Definitely not something i'd willingly put on but if I heard it on I wouldn't change it either.

Tunisia - Whilst its no Simon and Garfunkel it is a very very good cover of the song. Comparing it to its original would be near impossible because I love Simon and Garfunkel but I still get shivers listening to this version aswell. Can definitely feel the passion and emotion in the song.

Central African Republic - Decent song, kind of a safe option though.

Egypt - Only lasted about 30s of this before I had to turn it off, its just noise.

Chad - video not available in the UK, this one works though https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EluzTj88tWU
Again definitely not my taste of music, nice strings though.

Greece - meh, there's so many middling safe songs this time round.

China - Nope

Latvia - very relaxing, a breath of fresh air after the last few.

UK - not the bestbut definitely above average this cntest.

Return to “General Discussion”