What's the best number for a merge?

For large social games such as Survivor where the primary mechanic is social interaction.
Aronis
Aronis
Just here for the Pagetop!
Aronis

Post Post #5 (isolation #0) » Fri Jan 26, 2018 12:31 pm

Post by Aronis »

11. Cause it's about half the people in the game making merge that way and there ends up being 9 jurors so no way there's a tie vote at the end of the game
Aronis
Aronis
Aronis

Post Post #28 (isolation #1) » Fri Jan 26, 2018 7:33 pm

Post by Aronis »

In post 25, Skelda wrote:I understand your points, however not making Jury sucks and the pain felt by the people who make the merge but not Jury outweighs the marginal benefit of finalists getting a few more rounds with Jurors. Plus no one thinks about voting out people they don't want on the Jury at the merge and even if people are it usually isn't known for sure that Jury hasn't started.

Making Jury is an accomplishment and when you don't make it that fucking sucks. Prejury people have my greatest sympathy, but I want as few people to deal with the pain of being prejury as possible.
this doesn't make any sense. If you start having large amounts of people make the jury, which is the most obvious and effective way to limit the number of people and therefore the amount of pain of not being jury, you're just going to devalue making the jury to the point it's not a notable accomplishment. That's not even mentioning other negative impacts.

Return to “ORGs and Large Social Games”