What's the best number for a merge?

For large social games such as Survivor where the primary mechanic is social interaction.
hiplop
hiplop
Jury Darling
hiplop
Jury Darling
Jury Darling

Post Post #13 (isolation #0) » Fri Jan 26, 2018 1:21 pm

Post by hiplop »

In post 12, Haschel Cedricson wrote:Jury at 11 is a good number because the players don't know if it's F2 with 9 jurors or F3 with 8 jurors.
thats the worst part about a merge at 11
third best scummer of all time
hiplop
hiplop
Jury Darling
hiplop
Jury Darling
Jury Darling

Post Post #29 (isolation #1) » Sat Jan 27, 2018 6:35 am

Post by hiplop »

In post 25, Skelda wrote:I understand your points, however not making Jury sucks and the pain felt by the people who make the merge but not Jury outweighs the marginal benefit of finalists getting a few more rounds with Jurors. Plus no one thinks about voting out people they don't want on the Jury at the merge and even if people are it usually isn't known for sure that Jury hasn't started.

Making Jury is an accomplishment and when you don't make it that fucking sucks. Prejury people have my greatest sympathy, but I want as few people to deal with the pain of being prejury as possible.
Its not an accomplishment when like everyone makes the jury
hiplop
hiplop
Jury Darling
hiplop
Jury Darling
Jury Darling

Post Post #38 (isolation #2) » Mon Jan 29, 2018 1:12 pm

Post by hiplop »

In post 34, Skelda wrote:I don't buy this argument. I think to a new player or a player who hasn't made the Jury before, the difference between 11th place Jury and 13th place Jury is fairly marginal, but the difference between 11th place Jury and 13th place prejury is massive. I'm not saying that we have 16 or 17 person Juries because yeah, that does devalue the Jury to a certain extent. I also think being somewhat unpredictable about when Jury/merge will occur is also good, so obviously you can't always have massive Juries.
Who cares
hiplop
hiplop
Jury Darling
hiplop
Jury Darling
Jury Darling

Post Post #42 (isolation #3) » Tue Jan 30, 2018 10:09 am

Post by hiplop »

I think it was bad just the rest of stuff was more bad