Micc
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Newbie 1850 - Mafia Thread

Post Post #0 (ISO) » Fri Jan 26, 2018 7:16 am

Post by Micc »

Welcome The Vortigaunt and Mohab500! You may use this thread to communicate with each other as long as you are both alive. Night actions can be submitted in this thread by stating them in bold (ie.
Kill: Player Name
). You must state which player is carrying out the nightkill. This thread will be made public once the game is over.

Mafia Members:

The Vortigaunt -
Mafia Roleblocker

Mohab500 -
Mafia Goon
Last edited by Micc on Sat Mar 17, 2018 1:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
"To hide a tree, use a forest" -Ninja Boy Hideo
The Vortigaunt
The Vortigaunt
Townie
The Vortigaunt
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Fri Jan 26, 2018 10:22 am

Post by The Vortigaunt »

Hey Mohab500 dude.This is gonna be my first game on Mafiascum but I'm sure we can make it work. Lets just focus on making it to the night phase and go from there?
Mohab500
Mohab500
She/Her
Goon
Mohab500
She/Her
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Fri Jan 26, 2018 8:04 pm

Post by Mohab500 »

I'd suppose. This is my second game; although I haven't played in more than months so I barely remember anything. I hope it can work.

I think we should adopt a strategy; can you think of one?

Personally, I think one of us should play silently and not really talk much in the game, but talk much here and theorize a lot here.

Considering most of us are new in the game, I think we should focus on convincing the SE and two IC's that we're town, and the rest will be solved.
Mohab500
Mohab500
She/Her
Goon
Mohab500
She/Her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Fri Jan 26, 2018 8:05 pm

Post by Mohab500 »

EBWOP the two SE's and IC.

I think we should try not to be biased at all against each other so one of us doesn't seem suspicious.

What do you think?
The Vortigaunt
The Vortigaunt
Townie
The Vortigaunt
Townie
Townie

Post Post #4 (ISO) » Fri Jan 26, 2018 10:13 pm

Post by The Vortigaunt »

Yeah I agree. I tend to be shy in any case so posting every now and then would work for me. I also agree that we shouldn't be biased. I do also think if we are to convince people we are town we should act town and that would mean to be suspicious of anyone or everyone.
Just to clarify EBWOP-Edit By Way Of Post right? How do you do that to SE and IC?

Also if suspicion falls too heavily somewhere on me, I am up for the idea of bussing me for you to get town credit: hopefully it doesn't come to this and we can discuss it later as well.
Mohab500
Mohab500
She/Her
Goon
Mohab500
She/Her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5 (ISO) » Sat Jan 27, 2018 12:55 am

Post by Mohab500 »

You are correct about EBOWP.

What I meant is that the "SE's" and "IC's" are players that are experienced at the game; they have played before.

Town is likely to listen to these experienced players, so if we manage to become friendly with them, or convince them we are town, or atleast not make them think of us as mafia; then the others will also listen to them, thus allowing us to easily win everyone's trust, but wreck their trust between themselves.
Mohab500
Mohab500
She/Her
Goon
Mohab500
She/Her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #6 (ISO) » Sat Jan 27, 2018 12:56 am

Post by Mohab500 »

I am really not quite sure how we can convince them; the game hasn't even started yet, and we don't know if they are that good or, they are that trusting or whatever. I think we shall talk after one reallife day (so 1/14th of an in-game day), and we can discuss what to do.
Mohab500
Mohab500
She/Her
Goon
Mohab500
She/Her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #7 (ISO) » Sat Jan 27, 2018 1:02 am

Post by Mohab500 »

Finally, there is one really important thing I want to mention and take your opinion on;

I'd rather not stick to any guns about lynching; anyone we try to lynch is a townie, and the first time we lynch someone incorrectly, it doesn't mean they will instantly think of us as mafia, but they will discard our opinions because we've failed once.

That's why I suggest you take things lightly; do not insist at all about anyone being a mafia, or that someone is suspicious; "suspect" everyone, but don't say that you're 100% sure or anything similar, always switch constantly between lynching someone and staying silent; if you can, avoid lynching at all, and try to make them think someone is mafia without making them think you also think that person is mafia.

What do you think about that?
The Vortigaunt
The Vortigaunt
Townie
The Vortigaunt
Townie
Townie

Post Post #8 (ISO) » Sat Jan 27, 2018 8:32 am

Post by The Vortigaunt »

In post 7, Mohab500 wrote:Finally, there is one really important thing I want to mention and take your opinion on;

I'd rather not stick to any guns about lynching; anyone we try to lynch is a townie, and the first time we lynch someone incorrectly, it doesn't mean they will instantly think of us as mafia, but they will discard our opinions because we've failed once.

That's why I suggest you take things lightly; do not insist at all about anyone being a mafia, or that someone is suspicious; "suspect" everyone, but don't say that you're 100% sure or anything similar, always switch constantly between lynching someone and staying silent; if you can, avoid lynching at all, and try to make them think someone is mafia without making them think you also think that person is mafia.

What do you think about that?
I agree this sounds like a good idea
The Vortigaunt
The Vortigaunt
Townie
The Vortigaunt
Townie
Townie

Post Post #9 (ISO) » Sun Jan 28, 2018 8:03 pm

Post by The Vortigaunt »

Don't stress I won't buss you. Just trying to act logically as if I was town. Don't be rattled by Osuka he has a abrasive playstyle (I watched him as a replacement in another game).
Mohab500
Mohab500
She/Her
Goon
Mohab500
She/Her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #10 (ISO) » Sun Jan 28, 2018 8:56 pm

Post by Mohab500 »

I legitimately got convinced by both your, and osuka's statement, this actually isn't some cover, although it may look like it.
The Vortigaunt
The Vortigaunt
Townie
The Vortigaunt
Townie
Townie

Post Post #11 (ISO) » Mon Jan 29, 2018 2:36 am

Post by The Vortigaunt »

You're doing pretty good man. Think elf would take your side in a vote. Icon also said earlier he likes how you are thinking but has since said he became suspicious. No sure if I should post again before going home in half hour?
Mohab500
Mohab500
She/Her
Goon
Mohab500
She/Her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #12 (ISO) » Mon Jan 29, 2018 6:45 pm

Post by Mohab500 »

Thanks; I think you should post something that strays away attention from the game without being obvious; demand someone speak such as maybe cheeto or anyone who hasn't spoken for a while, then try to start a lead without being too obvious, using words like maybe?

I think that would work!
The Vortigaunt
The Vortigaunt
Townie
The Vortigaunt
Townie
Townie

Post Post #13 (ISO) » Tue Jan 30, 2018 8:52 pm

Post by The Vortigaunt »

I made and error posting that quote in post #54 and now people think lemonators words are my own :D Remember this for later...you can falsely quote someone and if people don't wanna go way back to double check they will just accept that it is for real. We can use it later in third day to mislynch people (albeit with risk) that actually seem innocent.
The Vortigaunt
The Vortigaunt
Townie
The Vortigaunt
Townie
Townie

Post Post #14 (ISO) » Tue Jan 30, 2018 8:53 pm

Post by The Vortigaunt »

Btw the town is nice and turned around right now. I'm suspect but they are questioning each other just as much.
Mohab500
Mohab500
She/Her
Goon
Mohab500
She/Her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #15 (ISO) » Tue Jan 30, 2018 8:59 pm

Post by Mohab500 »

Seems risky, but good enough for an end game situation.

I'd like to know what you think of our current situation and who you think is the most dangerous player here? who do you think are the PR's?
The Vortigaunt
The Vortigaunt
Townie
The Vortigaunt
Townie
Townie

Post Post #16 (ISO) » Tue Jan 30, 2018 9:42 pm

Post by The Vortigaunt »

I think I am a bit in the hot seat. You are reasonably safe at the moment. It helps that guilty put you in his "town" column.
Most dangerous for me is elf, Icon (maybe) or cheetory.
The Pr I dunno yet. If I had to pick now I would say maybe elf or yankee or otherwise one of the experienced guys. But theres nothing really standout for me that can be indicative of town PR right now.
If you consider a town PR right now can do nothing till night phase, so there would be nothing in a post that could lead to a suspect PR since they have the same info as everyone else i.e. their role has had no influence on their opinions or reads yet.

Who do you think is PR?
The Vortigaunt
The Vortigaunt
Townie
The Vortigaunt
Townie
Townie

Post Post #17 (ISO) » Wed Jan 31, 2018 9:35 pm

Post by The Vortigaunt »

I'm thinking of putting pressure on cheetory as retaliation for him voting me and basically just analyzing me instead of everyone else. I think I can say something like he has not contributed much and he's just looking for a reason to lynch me. What do you think?
Might also post reads by the end of today. Osuka also hasn't said much and he said you and Yank or defs not team but this was only a hunch.
Mohab500
Mohab500
She/Her
Goon
Mohab500
She/Her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #18 (ISO) » Thu Feb 01, 2018 3:42 am

Post by Mohab500 »

I agree on what you're saying; I'll try and support you without seeming too obvious.

As for who is PR, I think it might be the calmest guy here who isn't looking for a 100% lynch, since he can know anyways at night.
Mohab500
Mohab500
She/Her
Goon
Mohab500
She/Her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #19 (ISO) » Thu Feb 01, 2018 3:45 am

Post by Mohab500 »

Looking back, cheeto has too many supporters and he's hard to read. I'd wait until we analyze a bit more before we try to hammer him.
The Vortigaunt
The Vortigaunt
Townie
The Vortigaunt
Townie
Townie

Post Post #20 (ISO) » Thu Feb 01, 2018 3:48 am

Post by The Vortigaunt »

No don't try to hammer him but I need the scoundrel off my back. will check in tomorrow morning again.
The Vortigaunt
The Vortigaunt
Townie
The Vortigaunt
Townie
Townie

Post Post #21 (ISO) » Thu Feb 01, 2018 10:14 pm

Post by The Vortigaunt »

I want your opinion on how to proceed here? You are doing way better than I am so any insight is helpful.

I it was to come to a lynch on me Day1 (likely still), who would you want me to attack to implicate them since I will flip scum?
The Vortigaunt
The Vortigaunt
Townie
The Vortigaunt
Townie
Townie

Post Post #22 (ISO) » Thu Feb 01, 2018 10:49 pm

Post by The Vortigaunt »

Ok so update on how it stands. Elf just voted lemon.
If I defend lemon and he is lynched, that could give me town cred (although without a good defense argument it might seem even more scummy from me). If the wagon changes to me and I flip scum , lemon would look guilty the next day and will probs get lynched. Him getting mis-lynched is a little useful but the power players we need to knock out or discredit I feel is Cheetory, Icon and Guilty.
If I add to the lemon wagon (maybe even hammering) and he flips town I look scummy-this could even give a bussing opportunity from you i.e. you bust me for hammering him and get wagon started on scum for town cred.
Mohab500
Mohab500
She/Her
Goon
Mohab500
She/Her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #23 (ISO) » Fri Feb 02, 2018 5:51 am

Post by Mohab500 »

I'd rather we stay as two for as long as possible -- if it's a lost cause, I'll vote but not express certainity as always, but I think being in a team where we're both slightly suspected is always easier than being alone with town credit.

I'd suggest you stay on me for voting or completely unvote, but don't vote lemon or anyone yet. Try to show leads and reads from you, even if they are nonsensical and weak, but keep your own personality intact (Don't make sudden changes in behaviour).

I'd rather you take atleast 2-3 days acting like you're starting to get convinced that lemon is scum, and I suggest you start dropping any 'suspicion' about me for now --- act like you're starting to townread me and use the flow of the game (the players who are starting to townread me) as an excuse a long with their reasoning.

Later when you vote lemon (after a few days), I think you should start insisting, but hint at curiosity and add some weak 'maybe he isn't, but he likely is' to your posts, which can help in 'It's an honest mistake' scenario.

When or if he gets lynched, I'll remember to write a post explaining and determining what we should do next and how we should proceed.

On another note, I am starting to suspect a few people as PR's, and I have begun to analyze their wording and posts to determine their (possible) roles, and started planning who we should kill, in any case, this coming night.

Remember to not have any distinct or sudden changes in personally ---- These are very, very scummy to the way I am playing and most others here and would likely lead to you get lynched and me with you if I don't vote you considering my personality.

I think we're both doing okay for now... in any case, I will make a post after you post and try to get you out of the situation.
Mohab500
Mohab500
She/Her
Goon
Mohab500
She/Her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #24 (ISO) » Fri Feb 02, 2018 8:57 am

Post by Mohab500 »

Good post! I think you should write another post after that, maybe tomorrow or whatever, that mentions you going back on your views and starting to suspect lemon (but don't vote yet!).

I will try to support you once you finish that post.

Return to “Completed Game Topics”