How do I play good with a larger playerlist

This forum is for discussion related to the game.
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1 (isolation #0) » Sun Jan 28, 2018 6:09 pm

Post by Thestatusquo »

If you can't keep up you can't keep up, that's not really a solvable problem. you need to be able to keep up with the pace of posting. If the issue is that you physically cant keep up with the thread, there's not much I can tell you.

but if its a more process and organizational problem, this is my approach:

One thing I find helpful as town is to sort of narrow people down into buckets as the day goes on, esp. day 1. Those buckets can be as general as you want them to be, sometimes just "would be willing to see lynched today" vs "do not want to see lynched today" and "completely unsure" is good enough for me on day 1. And I sort of mentally sort people into those buckets as they post more.

keep in mind that day 1 is about getting information as much as it is about lynching scum. These buckets will form the basis of what you look back on later when you have flips and voting patterns and information on day 2 onward.

keep in mind you should be constantly reevaluating. if some post comes up that makes you feel differently about a person, don't hesitate to move them a different bucket in your mind.

I also keep a spreadsheet that I contains notes and significant post numbers to look back on, that I color code so I can see generally how I've been feeling about a player at a glance.

As more days go by you'll be able to have buckets that have greater granularity, as there are fewer players, more information, etc.

but thats basically how I do it.
tout comprendre c'est tout pardonner
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #4 (isolation #1) » Mon Jan 29, 2018 7:27 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

oh yeah thats huge. I used to play multiple at a time, I think I was in 12 games at once back in HS. But now any more than 2 and I just can't follow. Even two is a stretch.
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #7 (isolation #2) » Mon Jan 29, 2018 12:02 pm

Post by Thestatusquo »

looks to me like hes referring to normals as "large" here though.
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #10 (isolation #3) » Mon Jan 29, 2018 2:24 pm

Post by Thestatusquo »

In post 8, UC Voyager wrote:No. I dNt really even play in 13 player games even. I just can't keep myself active with a good reads lists when there is more than 10ish.

I will try some of the suggested things
yeah, thats why I suggest early on don't worry about being perfect. You just need a general feel and an idea of why you feel that way, and its ok to not feel strongly about everyone.

as the game goes on you'll need to be more precise, but on day one all you have to do is decide which group of people you're willing to lynch and which you're not.

Return to “Mafia Discussion”