State of the Queue 2018

For large social games such as Survivor where the primary mechanic is social interaction.
StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #4 (isolation #0) » Mon Jan 29, 2018 3:39 pm

Post by StrangerCoug »

In post 0, xofelf wrote:1) What type of information do you expect to know about a Large Social Game before you dedicate months of your life to playing it?
What kinds of challenges can I expect in general? How twisty is it?

In principle, I see the utility of the bastard system that has been suggested; however, such a system would work best if we clearly defined "bastard" like we have for theme games. hiplop's post feels like a good starting point for this discussion.
In post 0, xofelf wrote:2) How do you feel about the balance of Survivor games to Non-Survivor games?
As I only have one game of experience as a player, I do not feel I can make a fair assessment of which is more balanced; however, what I feel I can say is that it's hard to adjust to LSG's after many years of playing non-LSG's. The social aspect needed to do well in LSG's rarely shows up outside of them, with Buy the Bullet coming to mind as an exception.
In post 0, xofelf wrote:3) If you haven't modded a Survivor game, what barriers are stopping you from doing so?
My first game is still in the planning stages, and has generally been progressing very slowly because of time commitment issues (which, for me, have lessened), and this is making it hard for me to stay motivated in developing the game. An updated version of Xalxe's guide might be useful.
STRANGERCOUG: Stranger Than You!

Current avatar by PurryFurry of FurAffinity.

What Were You Thinking XV! is in progress.

Return to “ORGs and Large Social Games”