State of the Queue 2018

For large social games such as Survivor where the primary mechanic is social interaction.
animorpherv1
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
Honey Trap

Post Post #6 (isolation #0) » Mon Jan 29, 2018 3:42 pm

Post by animorpherv1 »

I don't think BRO's too far off the mark, but a severity scale could do wonders. The farther something strays from said scale the more it counts towards a non-standard game (ex. Eon's million idols would be a pretty severe break from rule 1). Let's say that there's "no change" "slight change" "moderate" and "severe". These each increase the bastard-ness (word choice) by a number that makes sense and would likely need fine tuning, but having two metrics that work hand in hand to determine a scale of the sheer hilarity of this all is probably all we need if we go that route.
"Animorpherv1's posts are so powerful that prolonged exposure may cause vertigo, nausea, acute tinnitus, and in rare cases, death." - vonflare

"Ani is right 100% of the time" - Alisae
animorpherv1
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
Honey Trap

Post Post #28 (isolation #1) » Tue Jan 30, 2018 6:07 am

Post by animorpherv1 »

We already have a LSG mod watching every game - it would make sense for that mod to do the scaling as well.
"Animorpherv1's posts are so powerful that prolonged exposure may cause vertigo, nausea, acute tinnitus, and in rare cases, death." - vonflare

animorpherv1
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
Honey Trap

Post Post #48 (isolation #2) » Wed Jan 31, 2018 4:51 pm

Post by animorpherv1 »

I've taken a look at Solitary, and it seems interesting. I would consider.

animorpherv1
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
Honey Trap

Post Post #83 (isolation #3) » Fri Feb 02, 2018 12:31 pm

Post by animorpherv1 »

In post 69, zoraster wrote: Unannounced returning players is a big one that's awesome to watch because it throws a wrench into everyone's plans, but it's not much fun to play (correct me if i'm wrong, players!) because it feels like chaos thrown in for chaos' sake without any real purpose.
I feel like I'm alone here, but if we're all hellbent on games being notified as "twist heavy" or what have you, it takes some of the fun out of it. Part of Survivor is reacting to events thrown at you by Jeff/Mods/Players/etc. I'd basically say the line sit at Arkham in terms of "games I've played that are sufficiently out there enough to warrant twists". Lots of the rest of this feels like pandering to make things easier.

Return to “ORGs and Large Social Games”