Team Mafia 2018: Mafiosi Revolution (Over)

Ginngie
Ginngie
Jack of All Trades
Ginngie
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2975 (ISO) » Sun Feb 04, 2018 3:30 am

Post by Ginngie »

I'm not reading anything until we lynch Cabd
Shoutout to PJ and Nahdia for making my amazing new avi :)

Following the previous dozen pages that cropped up in the last 10 hours I would like to congratulate Ginngie for being drunk with distinction. - Vi
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #2976 (ISO) » Sun Feb 04, 2018 3:31 am

Post by Aristophanes »

In post 2974, Ginngie wrote:Ari

vote Cabd
Gimme a slight overview of why please? :)
Half meme, Half real, All Aristophanes ;)
- Jingle
Ari has appeared way too competent for me to even pretend to know what they're thinking
- MooseEatsBear on discord mafia
it wouldn’t be an ari sig unless it takes up half the screen on mobile - Vonflare
Ginngie
Ginngie
Jack of All Trades
Ginngie
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2977 (ISO) » Sun Feb 04, 2018 3:32 am

Post by Ginngie »

No.
Shoutout to PJ and Nahdia for making my amazing new avi :)

Following the previous dozen pages that cropped up in the last 10 hours I would like to congratulate Ginngie for being drunk with distinction. - Vi
Cheetory6
Cheetory6
MS Painter
Cheetory6
MS Painter
MS Painter

Post Post #2978 (ISO) » Sun Feb 04, 2018 3:33 am

Post by Cheetory6 »

In post 2973, Aristophanes wrote:Something about having a nasty ass for criticizing my team instead of myself in this game for one.
For two, telling you that I would never be assigned a Scum PM here considering my meta and team makeup.
I'm upset at your team for giving you a scum rolePM not for not playing the game.
Why is Gamma following along closely enough to comment on something like that but to not be giving reads?
Spiffeh
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Paragone

Post Post #2979 (ISO) » Sun Feb 04, 2018 3:34 am

Post by Spiffeh »

VOTE: Cabd
Cheetory6
Cheetory6
MS Painter
Cheetory6
MS Painter
MS Painter

Post Post #2980 (ISO) » Sun Feb 04, 2018 3:37 am

Post by Cheetory6 »

Ari please tell nasty ass Gamma to give detailed reads on the entire playerlist.
(:
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky

Post Post #2981 (ISO) » Sun Feb 04, 2018 3:38 am

Post by Aristophanes »

In post 2977, Ginngie wrote:No.
Compelling.
I guess I'll have to do some legwork myself...
In post 2978, Cheetory6 wrote:
In post 2973, Aristophanes wrote:Something about having a nasty ass for criticizing my team instead of myself in this game for one.
For two, telling you that I would never be assigned a Scum PM here considering my meta and team makeup.
I'm upset at your team for giving you a scum rolePM not for not playing the game.
Why is Gamma following along closely enough to comment on something like that but to not be giving reads?
Uhh, that's a good question actually! To which I do not have an answer.
And Cheet, there is literally no chance I get a scum PM here. It's a stupid argument, I know, but seriously!

Ninja'd
Cheetory6 wrote:Ari please tell nasty ass Gamma to give detailed reads on the entire playerlist.
(:
Ahaha Alright, I'll pass this on my friend <3
- Jingle
Ari has appeared way too competent for me to even pretend to know what they're thinking
it wouldn’t be an ari sig unless it takes up half the screen on mobile - Vonflare
Spiffeh
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Paragone

Post Post #2982 (ISO) » Sun Feb 04, 2018 3:39 am

Post by Spiffeh »

Ari if you’re really like 90 pages behind with no plans to catch up have you considered replacing out?
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky

Post Post #2983 (ISO) » Sun Feb 04, 2018 3:43 am

Post by Aristophanes »

In post 2982, Spiffeh wrote:Ari if you’re really like 90 pages behind with no plans to catch up have you considered replacing out?
I am and I have. However I think the Pine strategy is what I need to do.
Once I have that as a base I can Iso and make/support cases at least as well as being relevant in up to date conversations!
I've done it before, I can do it again! You can't get rid of me that easily, Spiff :P
- Jingle
Cheetory6
Cheetory6
MS Painter
Cheetory6
MS Painter
MS Painter

Post Post #2984 (ISO) » Sun Feb 04, 2018 3:43 am

Post by Cheetory6 »

In post 2981, Aristophanes wrote:And Cheet, there is literally no chance I get a scum PM here. It's a stupid argument, I know, but seriously!
Consider me kind of unconvinced by play so far.

But I'm a reasonable man:
In post 2817, Cheetory6 wrote:
RECK's CABD CASE

i) Doesn't believe Cabd's "Mulch is town for being an asshole" post.

ii) Early setting up of justification for not giving a shit about the game and continual reinforcement of this throughout the entire game. [Half of his posts include something to this effect]
It's not just the complaining about the game, it's that in conjunction with the lack of constructive input into the game.

iii) Using the set-up of disliking the game to excuse doing scummy things:
Cabd wrote:Kagami has literally six posts. it's an invite to dance.

This wouldn't be my normal approach but see the whole "i want to rip my hair out at some of the player list and regret everything" part. I need a rock or two.
iv) Reads Cabd's engage with me as buddying.

v) The comparison on Mulch's towngame vs here doesn't contain any examples within the game he linked.

vi) Scum find it a lot easier to drop townreads than scumreads and Cabd hasn't dropped any scumreads.

vii) There isn't very much sorting of Kagami being done given how much he's indicated he wanted to do so.

viii) Cabd talks about how he normally forms townblocks when he's town but he hasn't really tried all that hard to make a townblock beyond the post calling Spiff/Ginngie town.

ix) Doesn't believe Cabd's obvious softclaim of the role because town doesn't wait until they're under pressure to breadcrumb a role.
Thinks he would just say "fuck off I can confirm myself get off of me".

x) He only engages with the same 2-3 players the entire game and mostly only engages on the Mulch townread.

Things I would personally add:

He had no reaction to the Assemble wagon which was kind of weird given that he cares so much about townblocking and a townread that he spent all game defending was getting wagoned. Also no reaction from him about being wrong about Mulch today. It honestly reads dissonant that he's being cheeky/coy when he spent all of day one being 100% wrong about a read.

Something I want to look into is Mulch's engagement with Cabd, because scumMulch would 100% HATE rolling scum with Cabd.
I think some level of "I want to win" vs "I do not like this person" would be pulling at the way Mulch was pushing Cabd. Probably don't have time to do that until tomorrow though.
Reck's been telling me to put you back in the null pile.
Will consider doing so if you talk at me about the following:
i) why were you townreading Mulch? Give me some context for the post you made where you did.
ii) do you have no experience with scum Mulch and what the reputation of his scumgame is?
iii) some kind of a guess for who you think is most likely scum beyond Cabd, even if it isn't educated at this point.
Cheetory6
Cheetory6
MS Painter
Cheetory6
MS Painter
MS Painter

Post Post #2985 (ISO) » Sun Feb 04, 2018 3:43 am

Post by Cheetory6 »

And Cabd's claim is hot garbage fire.
Which I think is the main reason he's getting wagoned atm.
Spiffeh
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Paragone

Post Post #2986 (ISO) » Sun Feb 04, 2018 3:58 am

Post by Spiffeh »

In post 2983, Aristophanes wrote:
In post 2982, Spiffeh wrote:Ari if you’re really like 90 pages behind with no plans to catch up have you considered replacing out?
Once I have that as a base I can Iso and make/support cases at least as well as being relevant in up to date conversations!
I've done it before, I can do it again! You can't get rid of me that easily, Spiff :P
I mean I can get rid of you pretty easily by lynching you tomorrow

I just feel like town!Ari this behind would realize he’s being detrimental and consider replacing our whereas scum!Ari is more likely to lurk and be unhelpful as a strategy
Cheetory6
Cheetory6
MS Painter
Cheetory6
MS Painter
MS Painter

Post Post #2987 (ISO) » Sun Feb 04, 2018 4:06 am

Post by Cheetory6 »

I'm feeling like implosion might make sense as a third tbh.
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky

Post Post #2988 (ISO) » Sun Feb 04, 2018 4:07 am

Post by Aristophanes »

In post 2984, Cheetory6 wrote:
In post 2981, Aristophanes wrote:And Cheet, there is literally no chance I get a scum PM here. It's a stupid argument, I know, but seriously!
Consider me kind of unconvinced by play so far.

But I'm a reasonable man:
Spoiler: I spoilered this quote to save wall space :)
In post 2817, Cheetory6 wrote:
RECK's CABD CASE

i) Doesn't believe Cabd's "Mulch is town for being an asshole" post.

ii) Early setting up of justification for not giving a shit about the game and continual reinforcement of this throughout the entire game. [Half of his posts include something to this effect]
It's not just the complaining about the game, it's that in conjunction with the lack of constructive input into the game.

iii) Using the set-up of disliking the game to excuse doing scummy things:
Cabd wrote:Kagami has literally six posts. it's an invite to dance.

This wouldn't be my normal approach but see the whole "i want to rip my hair out at some of the player list and regret everything" part. I need a rock or two.
iv) Reads Cabd's engage with me as buddying.

v) The comparison on Mulch's towngame vs here doesn't contain any examples within the game he linked.

vi) Scum find it a lot easier to drop townreads than scumreads and Cabd hasn't dropped any scumreads.

vii) There isn't very much sorting of Kagami being done given how much he's indicated he wanted to do so.

viii) Cabd talks about how he normally forms townblocks when he's town but he hasn't really tried all that hard to make a townblock beyond the post calling Spiff/Ginngie town.

ix) Doesn't believe Cabd's obvious softclaim of the role because town doesn't wait until they're under pressure to breadcrumb a role.
Thinks he would just say "fuck off I can confirm myself get off of me".

x) He only engages with the same 2-3 players the entire game and mostly only engages on the Mulch townread.

Things I would personally add:

He had no reaction to the Assemble wagon which was kind of weird given that he cares so much about townblocking and a townread that he spent all game defending was getting wagoned. Also no reaction from him about being wrong about Mulch today. It honestly reads dissonant that he's being cheeky/coy when he spent all of day one being 100% wrong about a read.

Something I want to look into is Mulch's engagement with Cabd, because scumMulch would 100% HATE rolling scum with Cabd.
I think some level of "I want to win" vs "I do not like this person" would be pulling at the way Mulch was pushing Cabd. Probably don't have time to do that until tomorrow though.

Reck's been telling me to put you back in the null pile.
Will consider doing so if you talk at me about the following:
i) why were you townreading Mulch? Give me some context for the post you made where you did.
ii) do you have no experience with scum Mulch and what the reputation of his scumgame is?
iii) some kind of a guess for who you think is most likely scum beyond Cabd, even if it isn't educated at this point.
You are a good man, Cheeto! <3

i) I was townreading him because I really did feel he had town motivations backing his posts. His initial excitement and spamming of the thread is NAI I suppose but I figured if he were scum he would have stopped after being called out on it, which he did not. It looked genuine. Thinking back, I believe he had a few posts along the lines of "where is everyone!?" in like, the first hour or two of the game which sound way more manufactured than they did at the time and should have tipped me off to him being
off
. When I read them I read excitement though and was already skimming him hard by then.

Spoiler: Relevant Posts about Mulch:
A)
In post 1459, Aristophanes wrote:
In post 1456, Mulch wrote:Bruh Eddie is going for glory

Implosion is just bad

Kagami is scum

That’s the tl:dr of this game

Also implo i haven’t forgotten ur question
I'll keep these in mind. As town Mulch has good reads, just bad implementation!
B)
In post 1711, Aristophanes wrote:
In post 1710, Spiffeh wrote:Transcend sounds tonally town but his early push on Mulch is kinda bad

For someone to have claimed to been in several games with Mulch in the past it seems like he's working really hard to find contradictions in what Mulch is saying when it doesn't seem that Mulch contradicting himself is all that alignment indicative
I agree and the Mulch vs Transcend thing is why I am holding off on reading Transcend as of yet. I don't know if he would do that push as scum though. It seems wholly unnecessary.
C)
In post 2391, Aristophanes wrote:
In post 611, Mulch wrote:
In post 610, Mulch wrote:
In post 606, Mulch wrote:If kagami flips scum then trans is town imo
In post 607, Kagami wrote:Great, then we agree he's town.
Wait what
Oh lord
This is probably my favourite post of the game yet! XD

Watching that thought process was amazing!
And towny AF!
A) I have seen Town!Mulch gamesolve D1 and get lynch and ignored a few times. I thus think he is a good player with a bad posting style. I actually do give his reads a lot more weight than some others.
B) I'll level with you, Something_Smart advised me to let Mulch and Transcend live and frolic D1 to avoid causing a shit show in the game, and because if they were both town it would be detrimental to attack or lynch them so soon. I respected that and this was my way of avoiding commentary. Also, Trans!Slot is town for sure after their constant attacks, yes? I don't think that was Scum Theatre.
C) The timing of these posts, the appearance that he just realized Kagami had "scumslipped", and the selfquote update thing he was doing made this post look really towny to me. I thought he was reading then rereading and it was a real time realization type of thing. I see now that I played right into his hand.

ii) I believe I have far more experience with him as town and because of playstyle do somewhat avoid him tbh. I have heard he has a strong scumgame but I don't recall any details past that.

iii) Hmm...Well I have gotten a few weird vibes off of Implo but I don't feel that too strongly. I believe Chara and FB have given me reason to suspect them at some points but I'd have to look for details and to see if I'm misremembering. Chara I think is actually the strongest here.

Now for the Cabd Case:
That's actually a decently strong case and one I would consider joining! What did he claim?
- Jingle
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky

Post Post #2989 (ISO) » Sun Feb 04, 2018 4:09 am

Post by Aristophanes »

In post 2986, Spiffeh wrote:
In post 2983, Aristophanes wrote:
I mean I can get rid of you pretty easily by lynching you tomorrow

I just feel like town!Ari this behind would realize he’s being detrimental and consider replacing our whereas scum!Ari is more likely to lurk and be unhelpful as a strategy
Nah, I have done this as both alignments. I am more likely to stick in as Scum because I hate letting my scumteam down (If you read the Scum PT for Inorganic Chemistry you'll see exactly what I mean, not that I expect you to. I can link it if requested).

I just really have a hard time keeping up when I see ~7 new pages every time I check the site!
- Jingle
Cheetory6
Cheetory6
MS Painter
Cheetory6
MS Painter
MS Painter

Post Post #2990 (ISO) » Sun Feb 04, 2018 4:12 am

Post by Cheetory6 »

In post 2988, Aristophanes wrote:Now for the Cabd Case:
That's actually a decently strong case and one I would consider joining! What did he claim?
He softed friendly neighbor in a really obvious way on D1 and is now claiming that he's bulletproof and that scum tried to kill him.
The gambit is kind of unbelievable in its simplicity (in that I think townCabd is better at gambitting than that), but the kicker is the insinuation that he was the nightkill. There's no way that Cabd comes into today thinking he was shot after his performance D1, even with a soft like that.

Also jeeze, way to dismantle my scumread on you with like three posts :P
Jerk.
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky

Post Post #2991 (ISO) » Sun Feb 04, 2018 4:16 am

Post by Aristophanes »

In post 2990, Cheetory6 wrote:
In post 2988, Aristophanes wrote:Now for the Cabd Case:
He softed friendly neighbor in a really obvious way on D1 and is now claiming that he's bulletproof and that scum tried to kill him.
The gambit is kind of unbelievable in its simplicity (in that I think townCabd is better at gambitting than that), but the kicker is the insinuation that he was the nightkill. There's no way that Cabd comes into today thinking he was shot after his performance D1, even with a soft like that.

Also jeeze, way to dismantle my scumread on you with like three posts :P
Jerk.
<3 U too Cheet! XD

That claim is really convenient in too many ways, and if his D1 was really Meh I don't see why he would assume he was the NK and not that anything else interfered with the kill. Why would anyone soft Friendly Neighbour? That's just dumb because of the nature of the role! Unless he was trying to draw the NK because bulletproof? That seems ridiculous though, especially on D1.

Who did he visit?
- Jingle
Cheetory6
Cheetory6
MS Painter
Cheetory6
MS Painter
MS Painter

Post Post #2992 (ISO) » Sun Feb 04, 2018 4:17 am

Post by Cheetory6 »

The friendly neighbor part was fake.
He's claiming just bulletproof now, saying that he was trying to lure the nightkill with it.
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky

Post Post #2993 (ISO) » Sun Feb 04, 2018 4:19 am

Post by Aristophanes »

Oh, and Gamma doesn't have reads really, but he may work on some.
When Mulch flipped I lamented that I would be pushed blindly for defending him once D2 came and Gamma started to look at the game at some point after that.
- Jingle
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky

Post Post #2994 (ISO) » Sun Feb 04, 2018 4:19 am

Post by Aristophanes »

In post 2992, Cheetory6 wrote:The friendly neighbor part was fake.
He's claiming just bulletproof now, saying that he was trying to lure the nightkill with it.
Well that's just ridiculous.
- Jingle
Cheetory6
Cheetory6
MS Painter
Cheetory6
MS Painter
MS Painter

Post Post #2995 (ISO) » Sun Feb 04, 2018 4:20 am

Post by Cheetory6 »

In post 2993, Aristophanes wrote:Gamma doesn't have reads really
What a nasty ass.
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky

Post Post #2996 (ISO) » Sun Feb 04, 2018 4:23 am

Post by Aristophanes »

In post 2995, Cheetory6 wrote:
In post 2993, Aristophanes wrote:Gamma doesn't have reads really
What a nasty ass.
Also Aero says you're being dumb :P

I think my team collectively Loves you in the 3rd Grade crush kind of way XD
- Jingle
Eddie Cane
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2997 (ISO) » Sun Feb 04, 2018 4:25 am

Post by Eddie Cane »

In post 261, UnaBombaH wrote:Cheetory6 is cute for thinking I might be scum.
Trans is garbage-town if he thinks my vote on Tor was anything but a joke.
In post 446, UnaBombaH wrote:Ginngie has at least one of her "impeccable early game reads" wrong. :]

I think Trans is a bad lynch today. I think mulch is a bad lynch today. (considering I have been here watching it unravel throughout the workday)
So far I have no solid reason for scumreading either of Firebringer/Ginngie. (although I'm sure Ginngie will provide something for me to scumread, and there's still no way to lynch her)
Cheetory is pinging me, not yet sure why. I'm liking his effort though, so prob. not a good lynch-candidate.
Toranaga is null for me, hard to get a grasp on.
Spiffeh puzzles me. Maybe it's because I'm a nub, but I thought he would bring the fire from post #1 onwards. But I guess he will either show his work, be it scum or town, whenever he has time to post more.

So I'm still here waiting for the rest of the class to post.
In post 2968, UnaBombaH wrote:
In post 2964, Eddie Cane wrote:You called Transcend town a couple times.
Show me your quote of it, and I'll admit to it.
I deliberately avoided calling him town, because I scumread him quite early, but I also wanted him to feel like he has me in his pocket. I thought I'd 100% make it to lategame because he'd never want me dead.
I also thought he'd never be the D1 lynch, so there was no reason to push for it solo, and risk dying. :]
In post 2361, UnaBombaH wrote:
In post 2014, Eddie Cane wrote:VOTE: Mulch

You want a lynch confidently pushed? Best case scenario, Mulch is flipping scum. Very likely. Worst case, we remove someone so clearly antagonistic and annoying from the game AND open it up because of just how many interactions he is - probably leading to me reconsidering Kagami and likely voting him. But, this is the lynch today. He is full of shit.
Yea, this is the one post that will probably make me vote mulch once I'm caught up..

Not sure if scum!Eddie would want him lynched D1 though (unless they are buddies and the distancing done between Trans and mulch was over 9k), but I think lynching mulch D1 might be the most productive thing after all. :]
In post 2365, UnaBombaH wrote:
In post 2064, Eddie Cane wrote:I'm fine with kagami and mulch being the two wagons with the premise that town mulch does indeed mean scum kagami.
I'd sign this for now as our official D1 solution.
In post 2969, UnaBombaH wrote:
In post 2964, Eddie Cane wrote:he's sheeping my vote, sheeping my lynch solution, and i'm one of his two scum reads? does.not.compute
Why do assume I'm sheeping you? Just because my reads might be similar or even same with yours? :lol:
Cheetory6
Cheetory6
MS Painter
Cheetory6
MS Painter
MS Painter

Post Post #2998 (ISO) » Sun Feb 04, 2018 4:30 am

Post by Cheetory6 »

In post 2996, Aristophanes wrote:Also Aero says you're being dumb
Aeronerd doesn't know a thing about intellect.

Eddie I thought you were townleaning Una as of your last dive of him?
Eddie Cane
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2999 (ISO) » Sun Feb 04, 2018 4:32 am

Post by Eddie Cane »

I am?

Return to “Team Mafia 2018”