RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #1626 (ISO) » Sun Feb 04, 2018 6:30 am

Post by RadiantCowbells »

I've already been clear I think it's moz beef
2019 stats: Town WR 76.7%, overall WR 81.667%, 1 scum defeat involving a major mod error in lylo vs 8 scum wins.
Errantparabola
Errantparabola
Composed.
Errantparabola
Composed.
Composed.

Post Post #1627 (ISO) » Sun Feb 04, 2018 8:09 am

Post by Errantparabola »

RC's gonna hate me if he ends up being right, but I'll go here for now, I think I vastly prefer it.
VOTE: texcat
did another ms user do something lovely? recognize their achievements here!

Today's modern mafia consumer demands dozens, nay, hundreds of roles that are vanilla cops.
--implosion
provided
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #1628 (ISO) » Sun Feb 04, 2018 8:19 am

If I'm right how are moz and beef ever going to get lynched without me if you can't lunch them with me
2019 stats: Town WR 76.7%, overall WR 81.667%, 1 scum defeat involving a major mod error in lylo vs 8 scum wins.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #1629 (ISO) » Sun Feb 04, 2018 8:36 am

Have I not earned enough RC being right tokens yet
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #1630 (ISO) » Sun Feb 04, 2018 12:12 pm

Post by Thor665 »

@RC - outside of being focused on Moz/Beef as the "right" team pick, do you think my Klick = town case holds water?
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #1631 (ISO) » Sun Feb 04, 2018 12:15 pm

Post by Thor665 »

@RC - and while we're at it, go over Moz's interactions with the HeWho wagon and maybe offer me some thoughts as to how he's scum there?
I can easily see scum in his push on me.
But if we just assume derpy as an answer to that push - does any part of the HWS wagon push strike you as a bus?
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #1632 (ISO) » Sun Feb 04, 2018 12:22 pm

In post 1631, Thor665 wrote:@RC - and while we're at it, go over Moz's interactions with the HeWho wagon and maybe offer me some thoughts as to how he's scum there?
I can easily see scum in his push on me.
But if we just assume derpy as an answer to that push - does any part of the HWS wagon push strike you as a bus?
yes all of it and I believe I called it out
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #1633 (ISO) » Sun Feb 04, 2018 12:33 pm

Post by Thor665 »

ISOed you to find it - basically your theory is that HeWhoSwims volunteered to be bussed to help out Beef's and Moz's town positions?
That feels thin to me considering earlier in the day your bus logic was pointing at Klick and (tongue in cheek?) me also, neither of which particularly look like bussing.

Possible thought;
I often have an issue with assessing scum reads and fall into paranoia because I tend to automatically make the logical fallacy of presuming every other player would be as good at doing assorted scum things as I am, despite people often citing that I am above average in my scum play.

You have mentioned that you are very good at bussing.
By what logic are you elevating Moz to that situation as, if he's scum, he was blatantly apparent scum when he did his empty push on me, which suggests he, if scum, tends to just be hyper overt.
THoughts?
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #1634 (ISO) » Sun Feb 04, 2018 12:36 pm

Post by Thor665 »

To parse down my thoughts to a very concise stance to be addressed;

If Moz is scum, then he was being scummy in how he pushed on me.
Does a scum who would do that also coordinate with a buddy to do a day long gentle grow bus to try to hop off to EP the mislynch du jour, hop immediately back when momentum turns, then call me scummy for voting EP only to eventually vote EP.

I mean, the above clearly dictates dodgy logic to begin with - but if that's scummy planning...? It doesn't look like a plan.
Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #1635 (ISO) » Sun Feb 04, 2018 12:57 pm

Post by Klick »

UNVOTE:

Another detailed look at this tonight.
CultOfAthena
CultOfAthena
Goon
CultOfAthena
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1636 (ISO) » Sun Feb 04, 2018 2:59 pm

Post by CultOfAthena »

In a rush, not sure I got to respond to everything I wanted to.
In post 1576, Errantparabola wrote:what's the VC?
Also, Athena: clearly the accusation doesn't hold weight with anyone else. Also, my alignment is not the limiting factor for how much effort I put into making solid reads.
Okay, so nobody
else
is listening to me / reading what I'm saying. Is that an excuse to just ignore what I'm saying to you?

Also, with regards to your second sentence – are you admitting that there's nothing to your max read?
In post 1618, Thor665 wrote:He's going out of his way to drag up a confirmed town to make a town case on HWS at a point HWS is not in lynch danger.
Now, *maybe* this is a roundabout way to protect HWS from a Vig.
But I'm not sure I see it.

You should both offer me some feedback on that, *because*;
Can you explain where the "confirmed town" part of this comes in? Because what you just described sounds mostly like a scum strategy to me – a pretty good one, in fact.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #1637 (ISO) » Sun Feb 04, 2018 3:22 pm

Post by Thor665 »

In post 1636, CultOfAthena wrote:Can you explain where the "confirmed town" part of this comes in? Because what you just described sounds mostly like a scum strategy to me – a pretty good one, in fact.
It comes from a lack of a counterclaim.

So you're saying that if you were scum, and you had a scumbuddy not in danger of a lynch, you would ask other people to defend him to you while you were bussing him?
Because that sounds like a defense move, not a bussing move.
To rephrase - that move makes a lot of sense if the goal was to *not* see HWS flipped for your own towncred.
Klick's votes don't support that reality.

While we're at it, who do you see as the most likely scum on the Moz wagon and the HWS wagon - or do you think either/both wagons are totally town driven (and if so, why?)
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #1638 (ISO) » Sun Feb 04, 2018 3:28 pm

I really don't want to have to be toxic and throw a fit to get Moz lynched here. I don't think any of his reaction indicates that he's town and MS systematically townreads people for throwing fits like that.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #1639 (ISO) » Sun Feb 04, 2018 3:36 pm

Post by Thor665 »

I'm not townreading him for his spaz, if you read my posts I'm actually digging at him a bit because I think he was being ridiculously rude and childish.
I also started a functional Moz is scum quite early this phase because, I fully agree with you, his play has been quite scummy today.

THAT SAID.

I am townreading him about the theory scumteam I see as potentially likely and how I don't think his HWS votes looked like a bus and am attempting to have a conversation with you ABOUT THAT because that's why I think he might be town.
So let's talk about that and stay on topic as opposed to making up a universe where I'm townreading him for different reasons, yeah?
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #1640 (ISO) » Sun Feb 04, 2018 3:38 pm

Post by Thor665 »

Heck, maybe just clear Tex for me, because if Tex is assured town then the Moz=scum case also comes into sharper relief for me.
But complaining that scum can spaz out is not a point that sells me, because, yeah, i agree, they can spaz out, and I'll go further and say nothing about his spaz looks townish and it's why I reacted to it like I did when noting that it wasn't townish.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #1641 (ISO) » Sun Feb 04, 2018 3:49 pm

Sorry I freely admit to being too emotionally compromised to engage on the topic rationally. Hopefully I am less so later.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #1642 (ISO) » Sun Feb 04, 2018 4:13 pm

Post by Thor665 »

I really want to snark here, but since you're town I'mma try to be an adult.
Cool, go and take a breathe rand get back to me.
I could still lynch him just for lulz, but since after tonight my ability to talk to anyone about possible teams will drop to basically nothing so might as well entertain possible alternate theories now.
CultOfAthena
CultOfAthena
Goon
CultOfAthena
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1643 (ISO) » Sun Feb 04, 2018 6:36 pm

Post by CultOfAthena »

In post 1637, Thor665 wrote:It comes from a lack of a counterclaim.
:facepalm:

Okay, reading comprehension failure on my part for that line.
So you're saying that if you were scum, and you had a scumbuddy not in danger of a lynch, you would ask other people to defend him to you while you were bussing him?
Because that sounds like a defense move, not a bussing move.
To rephrase - that move makes a lot of sense if the goal was to *not* see HWS flipped for your own towncred.
Klick's votes don't support that reality.

While we're at it, who do you see as the most likely scum on the Moz wagon and the HWS wagon - or do you think either/both wagons are totally town driven (and if so, why?)
I disagree – that move has two outcomes: the first is that a conftown builds a town case on your scumbuddy, giving them more town cred. The second is that, if that partner
were
to ever flip, you would look good from it, being able to point back and say that you knew all along. I would say that immediately getting your partner flipped isn't always the end goal of bussing – it's more about getting the nonassociative. Even if the main goal
is
to immediately get the partner flipped, having a town case to dissect seems a lot easier than building your own scum case on someone.

That's not to say that I think Klick went through this entire same thought process – just that I don't understand where your townread there is coming from. I think Klick was the scum on both wagons.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #1644 (ISO) » Sun Feb 04, 2018 6:37 pm

If I stay in this game I am going to make it unpleasant for everyone trying to get what I want done. I don't want to go down that alley, it's not worth it to me anymore. Good luck town.

Replace me
CultOfAthena
CultOfAthena
Goon
CultOfAthena
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1645 (ISO) » Sun Feb 04, 2018 6:44 pm

Post by CultOfAthena »

Sorry to see you go, RC. Apologies if I'm wrong on this.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #1646 (ISO) » Sun Feb 04, 2018 6:50 pm

Unfortunately I don't think that there's a place for me to both try to be nice and try to be successful in mafia and until I make up my mind which I want I'm just going to replace out whenever the conflict happens.
Beefster
Beefster
Mafia Scum
Beefster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1647 (ISO) » Sun Feb 04, 2018 7:16 pm

Post by Beefster »

My self-reflection frenzy seems to have passed. Now I'm going to start paying attention again.

I'll do ISOs on moz, COA, and tex over the next couple of days.

Moz seemed to be a bit self conscious early on, but I need to look into details about interactions.
On hiatus indefinitely. This was a nice distraction when I was working through my faith transition out of Mormonism, but I need to move on to bigger and better things now.
Get to know a meat boy
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #1648 (ISO) » Sun Feb 04, 2018 7:30 pm

I think this experiment is over.
retract replace request

Sorry to everyone who expects better but I have no intentions of sacrificing win equity from this point onward to be kind and if that's a problem for either of you that's going to be on you.
Going to go to sleep and then when I get time tomorrow deal with this how I've always done it I guess.
texcat
texcat
Mafia Scum
texcat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1649 (ISO) » Mon Feb 05, 2018 3:31 am

Post by texcat »

Just how many bad assumptions did Thor make to get to scum me? I read half a dozen times and still don't see how it makes Klick town. And he has to assume that Moz is town. Really? The person that most people, including Thor, have voted today. I don't understand his reasoning about if I flip scum, Moz must be town. Is that some circular reasoning? And he doesn't even consider what it means when I do flip town. Uhhh, maybe you made some bad assumptions along the way. But which ones and what did you learn?

I can only think that Thor has set up some kind of bad reaction test. Perhaps to see who will follow him on that really bad vote?? It appears that only EP did. Although Klick unvoted Moz and claimed to have another look last night. Ugh. He voted Moz because RC had followed Moz to the nk. And just now he's unvoting. And when can we expect the detailed look from Klick? Never.

Beefster claimed to not be following the game. Klick obviously is not. And EP appears to only skim from time to time.

Return to “Completed Open Games”