State of the Queue 2018

For large social games such as Survivor where the primary mechanic is social interaction.
Bellaphant
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #49 (isolation #0) » Wed Jan 31, 2018 9:17 pm

Post by Bellaphant »

I also think people (me) are out off by modding because it feels like an unknown. Basic game design - fine, but it's hard to know how much...technical skill is needed to create a survivor forum that works - things like graphics all the way down to 'can I confidently change permissions at a tribe swap'.

Also, challenge design. Overall, the standard has been really high, which is intimidating. In terms of enjoyment, I think PSV challenges are the ones I remember most fondly , being a really wide mix of skills - botb also had some lovely collaborative ones in there, although the problem with subjective tasks is there. But that also supports what I've seen recently - a game I modded would have waaaay less flash games and way more 'design a flag', 'solve a murder mystery ;)' type challenges.

Choosing things as a mod that seem 'cool' sometimes hasnt translated to actaul game play, nor has rewarding skills that you as a mod are personally invested in. I think that's why a clear scale of twistiness would be useful, or even clear information about game focus. People went into medevac two with very clear expectations and this didnt hurt the game. There's also a difference between 'a lot of changes' and 'significant' changes - regular tribe swaps or shake ups have less impact than 'vengeful ghosts'.

I think the last year also showed a few of us euros that playing is getting harder. It's an awkward one because we are a fairly significant number, but not enough to run a game for ;)
Bellaphant
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #51 (isolation #1) » Thu Feb 01, 2018 5:21 am

Post by Bellaphant »

I think also it's the need to be 'new'. I'd play, mechanic wise, psv again tomorrow. Hell, I could prolly even mod it. But that prolly isn't exciting for anyone.
Bellaphant
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #101 (isolation #2) » Sat Feb 03, 2018 8:58 am

Post by Bellaphant »

In post 58, xRECKONERx wrote:I've been wondering if open setups would be a bad thing to have? Rerun old setups, etc. Zor's puttin that idea to the test.

This is more what I meant - is there a market for reruns? Even if numbers were slightly different to change up tribe dynamics. Because honestly we all know about when to expect a merge, etc.
Bellaphant
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #117 (isolation #3) » Sun Feb 04, 2018 11:25 pm

Post by Bellaphant »

In post 111, Shadoweh wrote:Technically that's an encouragement for people to STOP BEING SO OBVIOUS ABOUT YOUR IDS PEOPLE
I'm sorry I can't make enough fake jobs that let me post in the middle of the USA night. ;)

Return to “ORGs and Large Social Games”