State of the Queue 2018

For large social games such as Survivor where the primary mechanic is social interaction.
Cheery Dog
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Kayak

Post Post #57 (isolation #0) » Thu Feb 01, 2018 12:11 pm

Post by Cheery Dog »

In post 51, Bellaphant wrote:I think also it's the need to be 'new'. I'd play, mechanic wise, psv again tomorrow. Hell, I could prolly even mod it. But that prolly isn't exciting for anyone.
/In
Holder of the Longest Continuous Weekly Mafiascum Post Record. 1 July 2012 - 16 Feb 2023
*It may be held by someone else if you discount the major downtime in 2012 and 2014, I'm not doing the research.
Cheery Dog
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Kayak

Post Post #62 (isolation #1) » Thu Feb 01, 2018 10:01 pm

Post by Cheery Dog »

In post 0, xofelf wrote:So with these stats in mind and the fact we have a new LSG mod, we would like to ask you the community a few questions about some things we will be trying to improve upon in the next few months.
1) What type of information do you expect to know about a Large Social Game before you dedicate months of your life to playing it?
2) How do you feel about the balance of Survivor games to Non-Survivor games?
3) If you haven't modded a Survivor game, what barriers are stopping you from doing so? If you have, what is stopping you from modding again?
I think what we've been given for all the large social games I've played has been fine, yes MLS was still surprising with how it worked, but I feel like it was still fine.
I didn't play Nexus as the only other one I remember that could maybe have had better warnings, but then that again would have changed the game.
I'm happy with just knowing that's it's a 'survivor' twists don't need revealed unless they're actually game changing.
Like Doctor Who told us exactly what would happen with it's twists, it was still a unique twist, and still surprising when we actually got to it - it doesn't really matter what the twists are, if they're unique, we'll have a case of people complaining because they didn't actually read the stuff.
It's also with MedEvac and One World, I would have struggled with medevac had I played it, even knowing the no-pms. One World probably would have been the same, even though I'd seen medevac before it. But that's probably more a timezone issue (which is the mods knew when making those casting choices)

I'm not fussed what the balance is, I believe us a community are more social when it comes to Survivor games, but I also enjoy the Non-Survivor games that have happened, and expect to do so in the future. We don't need to be forcing anybody to mod a particular style of game.

I think the main barrier for me is currently what I believe the time commitment is for modding a game, and that with timezones means it's nigh on impossible to make myself believe I will actually have the free time to go ahead with modding.
I have been led to believe that my internet connection may now be more stable, and will be trying to get Logical Journey running if my internet connection survives the next heatwave.
Holder of the Longest Continuous Weekly Mafiascum Post Record. 1 July 2012 - 16 Feb 2023
*It may be held by someone else if you discount the major downtime in 2012 and 2014, I'm not doing the research.
Cheery Dog
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Kayak

Post Post #95 (isolation #2) » Fri Feb 02, 2018 3:33 pm

Post by Cheery Dog »

I believe I line up with what Cherve wrote, except I've ignored the idea that people can actually have ideas of what is going on
Cheery Dog
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Kayak

Post Post #118 (isolation #3) » Sun Feb 04, 2018 11:54 pm

Post by Cheery Dog »

College student always works

Return to “ORGs and Large Social Games”