In post 199, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 183, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 158, Alisae wrote:{Maki, Reck}
One more please.
Are those scumreads,
if so why
ALI PLEASE
Have you been reading the thread?
Cause if so you found your answer lmfao.
If Reck is for the sheep proposal, look at the playerlist
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Antihero
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
al;kdjfal;kj

Post Post #251 (ISO) » Mon Feb 05, 2018 9:59 am

Post by Antihero »

In post 244, chesskid3 wrote:Dunn is town for going after Ali where he did.
:/

i would hardly call that "going after"
The distance between insanity and genius is measured only by success.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #252 (ISO) » Mon Feb 05, 2018 10:02 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 237, sheepsaysmeep wrote:yeah i actually dont like harambey

scum approaches this by looking for any town to pair with
town approaches by trying to pair with town

he's just randomly asking people
But like, he's not even trying to be subtle. I won't say he's towny for it, but it's not that good a reason to scumread him.
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #253 (ISO) » Mon Feb 05, 2018 10:04 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 238, Firebringer wrote:I think reck is actually scum
Alisae ur reads are bomb this game
Didn't she call u scum
<Embrace The Void>

chesskid3
chesskid3
Survivor
chesskid3
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #254 (ISO) » Mon Feb 05, 2018 10:04 am

Post by chesskid3 »

reck why am I a dumby :(
Papa Zito - "Your signature has been blanked...we remove signatures at a users request if said signature references them, or if it quotes from a thread in the Speakeasy, which is not allowed without permission of the poster"
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #255 (ISO) » Mon Feb 05, 2018 10:05 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

In post 254, chesskid3 wrote:reck why am I a dumby :(
In post 52, chesskid3 wrote:Is that not how this works? I could have sworn I read somewhere in rules or signup thread that each lady can only propose once but now I can't find it
green shirt thursdays
beeboy
beeboy
Survivor
beeboy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #256 (ISO) » Mon Feb 05, 2018 10:07 am

Post by beeboy »

I feel like Reck's read on me comes from town?
When scum try and push me they tend to really over complicate something the simple statement that "I am doing fuck all". While Reck's read is just to the point.

Also scum rarely attempt to commit to scum reading me, I am not really sure why it's just a trend I've noticed and I tend to piss off town all the time like maybe I just have a bias of town reading people who call me bad and scum because I find that just makes games more fun for me but I don't have any other issues with Reck.
Also I have no other issue with his posts, the only post he made that I didn't like was the frustrated interaction with Alisae but I am not sure I should be reading too much into his personal ideas on what makes mafia fun as an alignment indicative set of posts.
ah yes, beeboy style reads;
if this person flips town, then i'll townread them. - Nahdia
chesskid3
chesskid3
Survivor
chesskid3
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #257 (ISO) » Mon Feb 05, 2018 10:08 am

Post by chesskid3 »

In post 255, xRECKONERx wrote:
In post 254, chesskid3 wrote:reck why am I a dumby :(
In post 52, chesskid3 wrote:Is that not how this works? I could have sworn I read somewhere in rules or signup thread that each lady can only propose once but now I can't find it
o yes that's true but that's not why I accepted Elli
Papa Zito - "Your signature has been blanked...we remove signatures at a users request if said signature references them, or if it quotes from a thread in the Speakeasy, which is not allowed without permission of the poster"
beeboy
beeboy
Survivor
beeboy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #258 (ISO) » Mon Feb 05, 2018 10:10 am

Post by beeboy »

Anti where is your headspace at for pairing up with people?
Also what are your thoughts with trying to pair up in a way that doesn't ensure you get NKd?
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #259 (ISO) » Mon Feb 05, 2018 10:11 am

Post by Alisae »

In post 240, xRECKONERx wrote:chesskid is dumb, and also probably town for now because that's easier for me to just assume on D1. I'll reassess later.
Harambey actually strikes a scummy chord with me, I don't like him shrugging off pre-dance reads and biding his time and I don't like SOMETHING in my gut about his chesskid interactions early.
Alisae is spamming and probably town because honestly it comes down to me thinking it would be almost too cheeky for e to enter the game the way e did. I don't want to lynch it, but I could also see how I would be blinded by someone who spams then makes a genuine connection to reach out to me.
Antihero is town HOT TAKE.
beeboy is scummy af because what the fuck is the point of this post other than empty content and the appearance of doing something? Actually beeboy's entire iso alternates between scummy, infuriating, and annoying.
Dunn can be light scum lean for the weird reaction to Joey's claim of the scumkill in 140/143.
Ellibereth can be a fat pile of null. I do find it weird he's not reaction hunting or doing anything since he seems to have a real boner for proving he TRULY BELONGS in the pantheon of the SDC and yet here he's just posting empty memes and game-irrelevant shit so far.
Firebringer idfk man. Dude's a walking meme/joke. I guess I will sort him later.
Gamma is like, fine. I rather like the attempt to setup break early.
Joey's posts make me want to put a gun in my mouth so he can die whenever, I don't care what alignment he is.
I like that Kagami also picked up on scum-beeboy vibes so Kagami can get town points for that.
Maki paired with Dunn who I have a slight scumlean on and I don't see the point in scum pairing with themselves? Unless someone wants to tell me why this is secretly optimal play I'll just assume Dunnscum=Makitown but I'm not heavy on either of those reads rn.
sheep whines about preemptively not being picked and his empty reads are dumb and bad ok that's all

I kinda want to pair with Antihero or Venmar, for old time's sakes.
And yes, I asked sheep as a joke post to open the game. We're both ladies. It'd never work in this homophobic society.

scum are in {Harambey/beeboy/Dunnstral/sheep} probably
Hey, there are certain parts about this that make me feel you're scumreading all town.

Mostly the Harambey read, here I feel like you're not taking into consideration his lack of expierence. Like yeah, I agree with you completely, him trying to rush pre-dance would be extremely scummy. However I really don't think he understands why that's bad to do, mostly because I get this from my interactions with him. The way is thinking is extremely simpleminded and he's not really taking into considertion the bigger picture. And that looks really natural for me. So I guess my main concern here is what makes it seem like its coming from scum and/or what is making his actions come with malicious intent?

When it comes to reading me, I don't really get the feeling you're trying to read what I am actually posting and for the most part dismissing it as spam, but tbf I think your opinion of me is that I'm hyperactive and as such cancer/bad at the game because lolms nowadays so...
I kinda share a similar concern with your Kagami read in that, I don't think you're really making the best attempt to sort them, however I don't think they have the content to be correctly sorted right now?

When it comes to Bee, I kinda just disagree? I feel like there are points where he's thinking about the game from a town PoV (mostly seen in ). Like, I can understand how you see this. Like to me this FEELS like he could be scum, but I just don't think he is just by how he's posting? Like some of it reads uncomfortable to me. But I think its just honestly more likely that he's town, and later in the game that'll become a lot more apparent.

Can you explain what makes you think Dunn's posting there is wierd?

When it comes to Elli, I agree with you his posting is NAI atm. What I don't agree with is the expectation of him to be tryharding this early on atm, mostly because he just, doesn't do that? Atleast not an hour into the beginning of the game.

Like, I feel like you picked out a bunch of easy scumreads that can be easily justified, I don't really know if you're really trying to sort people, and it doesn't read that way to me.
GTKAS
| here.
Joey_
Joey_
Jack of All Trades
Joey_
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #260 (ISO) » Mon Feb 05, 2018 10:11 am

Post by Joey_ »

In post 204, Alisae wrote:Like here is where my mind is currently at when it comes to pairings.
- Harambey is just obvious town I just don't think he understands why rushing the pairings is bad.
- Venmar I would like to pair up with as a personal preference mostly to test my abilities to read them, especially after having never played with them. Before taking this route though I want to see their posting.
- I want to get in Joey's pants pronto.
- I'm down to pair up with Anti but I'm worried we're definitely going to get shot during intermission.
- Bee is obvious town but this is a pairing I rather not go with becuase I feel like his personal paranoia over me is going to be the death between us. He seems town via play so far but its moreso I think more damage will be done by us pairing up.
That caught me offguard so hard i baffled
Joey_
Joey_
Jack of All Trades
Joey_
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #261 (ISO) » Mon Feb 05, 2018 10:13 am

Post by Joey_ »

In post 240, xRECKONERx wrote:chesskid is dumb, and also probably town for now because that's easier for me to just assume on D1. I'll reassess later.
Harambey actually strikes a scummy chord with me, I don't like him shrugging off pre-dance reads and biding his time and I don't like SOMETHING in my gut about his chesskid interactions early.
Alisae is spamming and probably town because honestly it comes down to me thinking it would be almost too cheeky for e to enter the game the way e did. I don't want to lynch it, but I could also see how I would be blinded by someone who spams then makes a genuine connection to reach out to me.
beeboy is scummy af because what the fuck is the point of this post other than empty content and the appearance of doing something? Actually beeboy's entire iso alternates between scummy, infuriating, and annoying.
Dunn can be light scum lean for the weird reaction to Joey's claim of the scumkill in 140/143.
Ellibereth can be a fat pile of null. I do find it weird he's not reaction hunting or doing anything since he seems to have a real boner for proving he TRULY BELONGS in the pantheon of the SDC and yet here he's just posting empty memes and game-irrelevant shit so far.
Firebringer idfk man. Dude's a walking meme/joke. I guess I will sort him later.
Joey's posts make me want to put a gun in my mouth so he can die whenever, I don't care what alignment he is.
I like that Kagami also picked up on scum-beeboy vibes so Kagami can get town points for that.
Maki paired with Dunn who I have a slight scumlean on and I don't see the point in scum pairing with themselves? Unless someone wants to tell me why this is secretly optimal play I'll just assume Dunnscum=Makitown but I'm not heavy on either of those reads rn.
sheep whines about preemptively not being picked and his empty reads are dumb and bad ok that's all

And yes, I asked sheep as a joke post to open the game. We're both ladies. It'd never work in this homophobic society.

Lold
Antihero
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
al;kdjfal;kj

Post Post #262 (ISO) » Mon Feb 05, 2018 10:15 am

Post by Antihero »

the scum kill is not in my control. not even going to try.

still haven't made a real attempt at reading ladies, ven and ko still need to post on gentleman side
Antihero
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
al;kdjfal;kj

Post Post #263 (ISO) » Mon Feb 05, 2018 10:15 am

Post by Antihero »

either spoil or pare long quotes plz tia
Joey_
Joey_
Jack of All Trades
Joey_
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #264 (ISO) » Mon Feb 05, 2018 10:16 am

Post by Joey_ »

Honestly tho, the game started when i was on the bus going to my exam so i just trolled and tried to get maki’s snap.
That being said, i am town and i would like to pair with someone, i will be reading the thread correctly once home :) also i would prefer with someone i never played with for reasons
Joey_
Joey_
Jack of All Trades
Joey_
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #265 (ISO) » Mon Feb 05, 2018 10:17 am

Post by Joey_ »

MAki what yr snap????
Venmar
Venmar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Venmar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #266 (ISO) » Mon Feb 05, 2018 10:18 am

Post by Venmar »

how tf is it possible that you guys have spawned 11 infernal pages in the span of 2 hours

kill me

ego post
I swear I'm trying my best

--Expect me to be V/LA from 10am-7pm PST every Mon, Wed, Thurs, Sat, Sun due to work--
Joey_
Joey_
Jack of All Trades
Joey_
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #267 (ISO) » Mon Feb 05, 2018 10:19 am

Post by Joey_ »

Wanna hook up fry??!
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #268 (ISO) » Mon Feb 05, 2018 10:24 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

ngl I saw SDC in this post while trying to see if there was anything I wanted to respond to and thought Schnee Dust Company before Screaming Death Clan
I don't really think your scumread of Dunn is very good though, he's kinda like "...wouldn't that make you scum...?" imo. I think your Harambey read is alright, that on top of the previous behavior I've noted is decent reason to scumread him. I think Ellibereth is a decent late-game player? idk but I guess I don't really object to your current read based on that but will stick a definite "wait and see" notice there. Joey I think I should be able to read at least.
<Embrace The Void>

xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #269 (ISO) » Mon Feb 05, 2018 10:25 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

@Alisae:
Mostly the Harambey read, here I feel like you're not taking into consideration his lack of expierence. Like yeah, I agree with you completely, him trying to rush pre-dance would be extremely scummy. However I really don't think he understands why that's bad to do, mostly because I get this from my interactions with him. The way is thinking is extremely simpleminded and he's not really taking into considertion the bigger picture. And that looks really natural for me. So I guess my main concern here is what makes it seem like its coming from scum and/or what is making his actions come with malicious intent?
I don't care if someone's experienced or not, I care if it's scummy or not.
If it is, and they're town, they'll learn what is scummy in the future.
If it is, and they're scum, then they are caught.
People can hide behind bullshit like meta & inexperience...it's futile to try to sort people's genuineness.
When it comes to reading me, I don't really get the feeling you're trying to read what I am actually posting and for the most part dismissing it as spam, but tbf I think your opinion of me is that I'm hyperactive and as such cancer/bad at the game because lolms nowadays so...
Please explain to me the "feeling" you "get" when someone is "reading what you're posting" versus "just dismissing it". I literally said my entire read on you comes from your first post, because I don't see scum being that cheeky. I think YOU aren't reading what I am posting?
I kinda share a similar concern with your Kagami read in that, I don't think you're really making the best attempt to sort them, however I don't think they have the content to be correctly sorted right now?
Please explain to me what a "best attempt to sort" Kagami looks like vs what I did, which is agree w/ her reads.
When it comes to Bee, I kinda just disagree? I feel like there are points where he's thinking about the game from a town PoV (mostly seen in 121). Like, I can understand how you see this. Like to me this FEELS like he could be scum, but I just don't think he is just by how he's posting? Like some of it reads uncomfortable to me. But I think its just honestly more likely that he's town, and later in the game that'll become a lot more apparent.
I don't care about you letting my scumreads off the hook by saying "well later in the game he will just be townier just wait", so I'll ignore this.
Dunn's post is weird because it seems like he's confused and wanting to point to Joey's obvjoke about using the scumkill. It's almost as if he wants to draw attention to it. I'm bad with words. Scum would read that joke reaction as more alarming than town would, because I think town would just brush it off as a joke and move on. The fact he comments on it at all is weird to me. What are the outcomes there?

"Do you mean the scum kill?"

"Yes: I am scum."
"No: I meant another kill that I secretly have in this open setup."

It just sits weird with me.
When it comes to Elli, I agree with you his posting is NAI atm. What I don't agree with is the expectation of him to be tryharding this early on atm, mostly because he just, doesn't do that? Atleast not an hour into the beginning of the game.
I'm gonna guarantee you I'm infinitely more familiar with Ellibereth than you, just in general, since we were both members of SDC 8 years ago.
I'm gonna also guarantee you that I've had conversations very recently w/ Elli where I was trolling him saying he wasn't as good as the rest of us back then, which is mostly what I was referencing.
Like, I feel like you picked out a bunch of easy scumreads that can be easily justified, I don't really know if you're really trying to sort people, and it doesn't read that way to me.
Yes. I ISO'd all the posts in a 9 page game, most of which were 5 words or less, and gave my opinions on each one.
They aren't going to be Atlas Shrugged.
I'm posting what I can, letting it guide my thoughts, until we hit another milestone where I feel like reevaluating.
green shirt thursdays
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #270 (ISO) » Mon Feb 05, 2018 10:28 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 259, Alisae wrote:

Hey, there are certain parts about this that make me feel you're scumreading all town.

When it comes to Bee, I kinda just disagree? I feel like there are points where he's thinking about the game from a town PoV (mostly seen in ). Like, I can understand how you see this. Like to me this FEELS like he could be scum, but I just don't think he is just by how he's posting? Like some of it reads uncomfortable to me. But I think its just honestly more likely that he's town, and later in the game that'll become a lot more apparent.

What about sheep and Dunn?
<Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #271 (ISO) » Mon Feb 05, 2018 10:29 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Anti do you mind if me and Joey get together?
<Embrace The Void>

beeboy
beeboy
Survivor
beeboy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #272 (ISO) » Mon Feb 05, 2018 10:29 am

Post by beeboy »

In post 269, xRECKONERx wrote:I'm gonna guarantee you I'm infinitely more familiar with Ellibereth than you, just in general, since we were both members of SDC 8 years ago.
I'm gonna also guarantee you that I've had conversations very recently w/ Elli where I was trolling him saying he wasn't as good as the rest of us back then, which is mostly what I was referencing.
Elli doesn't intend on actually playing this game as far as he told me.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #273 (ISO) » Mon Feb 05, 2018 10:31 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

BTW is there like a process to joining the SDC or do I just become a member by having the playstyle because I can get pretty loud when frustrated
<Embrace The Void>

Joey_
Joey_
Jack of All Trades
Joey_
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #274 (ISO) » Mon Feb 05, 2018 10:33 am

Post by Joey_ »

Whats the sdc?

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”