Goon
Harambey180
He/him
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #950 (ISO) » Mon Feb 05, 2018 7:41 pm

Post by Harambey180 »

But take Anti or Kokichi then if you prefer those two. You are scum certified when you do that though so be warned. When I am YET AGAIN the first to die I'm gonna make sure you'll pay for it.
hi
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #951 (ISO) » Mon Feb 05, 2018 7:45 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 950, Harambey180 wrote:But take Anti or Kokichi then if you prefer those two. You are scum certified when you do that though so be warned. When I am YET AGAIN the first to die I'm gonna make sure you'll pay for it.
Okay excuse me, first off it THEIR choice if they take me, if Anti takes me it's not like you can call me confscum for that, I'd asked him a while back, when I realized he would be a good choice for how I use non-mason non-scumchat PTs. As for Kokichi, yeah if I were to take him that would be fair calling me scum for that but it is ME initiating the pairing here.
And how are you gonna make me pay for it when you're dead and can't push me? :P
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #952 (ISO) » Mon Feb 05, 2018 7:47 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

As for reads I'd like, I'm going with 4 from the gentlemen and 4 from the ladies
Venmar
Reck
chesskid
Joey
sheep
Alisae
firebringer
Kagami
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Venmar
Venmar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Venmar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #953 (ISO) » Mon Feb 05, 2018 7:52 pm

Post by Venmar »

i'd also like to address this quickly:
In post 715, Alisae wrote:Here's why I fos Venmar
In post 382, Venmar wrote:
In post 368, Alisae wrote:I want you to tell me how that's opportunistic.
i think most weak pushes are inherently also a tadbit opportunistic; you see something to throw shit at, and you see what sticks. people aren't opportunistic against people they can make strong cases for.

will not accept "i was weeding out his alignment with a weak attack" as a valid answer. +3 poopy points

pairing with me just so you have a killswitch on me is also flawed town play at best i think. happy to refuse a proposal from you at this stage.

Pedit: can you stop posting anime pictures of yourself thanks
I actually kind of feel like its really easy for him to take this stance against me.
Like, I don't believe its a read that had thought put behind it, it kinda feels agenda based.
"hey, so uh, i know i pursued an objectively weak, opportunistic attack, and that i am now scummy for it, but you don't get to criticise me for being scummy and doing scummy things, so that makes you scum"
oh ok, sorry
In post 715, Alisae wrote:
In post 386, Venmar wrote:shortlist of people to leave behind:

kokichi
harambay

this has been venny thank you very much for your attention
Here these reads are just
opportunistic and garbage
. Harmabey is new and is really obvious town.
Kokichi is extremely lynchable and is an easy push.
so alisae's blatant discrediting as the only form of attack is laughable. i don't think harmabey being new (which i didnt know and i don't care) or koki being lynchable excuse their play or discredit mine, just how much i think that alisae taking the easy, grand-standing point of view of defending the NEWBIE and the POOR LYNCHABLE TOWNIE is equally lamentable. actually fuck off

also note how this was the first and last time that i even mentioned haram, in what i deem a throwaway reads post, and alisae decided to just roll with it as me ATTACKING A NEWBIE (it is time to stop)
In post 715, Alisae wrote:
In post 428, Venmar wrote:ftr kokichi is scum because he's had #32+ posts already and i think
they're all either defensive, questions aimed at looking like he's contributing, or fluff. there seems to be a heavy emphasis on beetlejuicing and defending himself, clarifying meta, and asking people questions rather than instigating contribution himself. he's made a couple contributions, but his reactions to scrutiny and criticism, primarily, is what twists my poop the most right now and i'm not convinced this is town play as of right now.

also #293, #332, #342, 404 (!!) are scumposts
I hate this post a lot.
Venmar is using a lot of things like the bolded. I don't feel like Venmar is trying to have a right read here. I feel like he's trying to present a read that is ironclad in reasoning.
Let's talk about the posts he pointed out.
293 - Somewhat valid question that is easy to attack.
332 - I fail to understand why the post is bad.
342 - Not alignment indicative.
404 - The only thing that's wrong about this post is that he thinks he's a 7 when he's actually a 1 and that he has correct reads. Besides that, and for the most part, the post seems truthful. And at worst, the post is NAI.
main issue i have with this is that alisae is exploiting the fact that i elaborated on my scumread but not on the posts that i cited. it let's alisae make a lot of assumptions on my behalf and it looks really neat on paper, because she can discredit the entirety of the bolded by attacking the posts i didn't elaborate on. the town mindset would've been to prod me for why i thought those posts were specifically scummy, the opportunistic mindset is to say fuck it.

in reality i will also say that what i did there and do with most of my reads is that most of my reads are gut-based and then i try to back it up with some reasoning (bolded) and what my gut reacted to (the four listed posts are examples of said posts). a lot of people have an adverse reaction to this aspect of my playstyle because of that and quite frankly i don't care.
I swear I'm trying my best

--Expect me to be V/LA from 10am-7pm PST every Mon, Wed, Thurs, Sat, Sun due to work--
Venmar
Venmar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Venmar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #954 (ISO) » Mon Feb 05, 2018 8:01 pm

Post by Venmar »

i think the majority of harambe's posts on page 38 feel sincere. #945 in particular i think is genuine.

its more or less enough for me to endorse him being picked over koki here

--Expect me to be V/LA from 10am-7pm PST every Mon, Wed, Thurs, Sat, Sun due to work--
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #955 (ISO) » Mon Feb 05, 2018 8:02 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 950, Harambey180 wrote:But take Anti or Kokichi then if you prefer those two. You are scum certified when you do that though so be warned. When I am YET AGAIN the first to die I'm gonna make sure you'll pay for it.
Who do you think is more likely to be scum between the two?
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #956 (ISO) » Mon Feb 05, 2018 8:10 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 946, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 944, Harambey180 wrote:
In post 534, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 531, beeboy wrote:Head to head
Kokichi
Harambey

Who do you guys take?
Neither is particularly appealing but I'd take Kokichi first
Also (unless I misread) Gamma and Kagami are the only two ladies left.

Well Gamma screw you with this post... :giggle:
If it's any of the two I'm going with Kagami right now.
I'm sorry but it's not all you, it's that a lot of people aren't big fans of you and it would serve the game for you to be removed from it regardless of your alignment imo
I don't think anybody said this, by the way, and I'm not really sure what you're talking about (how would it serve the game to remove him if he's town)
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #957 (ISO) » Mon Feb 05, 2018 8:12 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 956, Dunnstral wrote:
Kokichi
Harambey

Who do you guys take?

I'm sorry but it's not all you, it's that a lot of people aren't big fans of you and it would serve the game for you to be removed from it regardless of your alignment imo
I don't think anybody said this, by the way, and I'm not really sure what you're talking about (how would it serve the game to remove him if he's town)
That's the way I recall it, and it would serve the game to remove town!haram since he wouldn't be a distraction scum could use.
<Embrace The Void>

Venmar
Venmar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Venmar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #958 (ISO) » Mon Feb 05, 2018 8:12 pm

Post by Venmar »

Kokichi
Harambey

Who do you guys take?

i don't like this post at all

Pedit: no u

Venmar
Venmar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Venmar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #959 (ISO) » Mon Feb 05, 2018 8:13 pm

Post by Venmar »

957 is also bad

gamma thanks for leaving my eternal null pile, for better or worse

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #960 (ISO) » Mon Feb 05, 2018 8:15 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Why didn't you have an issue with what I thought of Harambey until just now?
<Embrace The Void>

Harambey180
Harambey180
He/him
Goon
Harambey180
He/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #961 (ISO) » Mon Feb 05, 2018 8:20 pm

Post by Harambey180 »

In post 955, Dunnstral wrote:
Who do you think is more likely to be scum between the two?
Lmao, Anti the
already announced Town
of course.
Also reads come when I come home, which is in approx. 6 hours.
hi
Joey_
Joey_
Jack of All Trades
Joey_
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #962 (ISO) » Mon Feb 05, 2018 9:26 pm

Post by Joey_ »

In post 954, Venmar wrote:i think the majority of harambe's posts on page 38 feel sincere. #945 in particular i think is genuine.

its more or less enough for me to endorse him being picked over koki here
mirror tell
Kokichi Oma
Kokichi Oma
Survivor
Kokichi Oma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #963 (ISO) » Mon Feb 05, 2018 9:29 pm

Post by Kokichi Oma »

Kitty do yo trust me? Yes or no. If not why?
How do you expect to find the culprit when you're all worried about each other's feelings? If you're planning to expose a liar, then you have to corner them psychologically.
Joey_
Joey_
Jack of All Trades
Joey_
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #964 (ISO) » Mon Feb 05, 2018 9:36 pm

Post by Joey_ »

In post 963, Kokichi Oma wrote:Kitty do yo trust me? Yes or no. If not why?
idk man, i think you sounds odd but i dont have any reason not to trust you outside of that
Harambey180
Harambey180
He/him
Goon
Harambey180
He/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #965 (ISO) » Mon Feb 05, 2018 10:01 pm

Post by Harambey180 »

I just took this into consideration:
The chances of me and Kokichi both being Town are arguably quite big and reasonable.
Besides, the scum have probably already made sure to be paired by now. They don't want to be in danger of not pairing. The scum gentlemen, if any, probably are paired already.

Why would it even matter that much who you're going to pair up with? It really only becomes a matter of preference of who to pair with.
And as ppl hardly ever prefer to pair with me over someone else (self-knowledge) I wouldn't be surprised at all if I'm the one left out again. Though if you prefer to pair with me over Kokichi then please do so, otherwise well I've enjoyed thithis nonetheless even tho I've never been a part in this.

This is still phoneposting from school. Maybe I can find some time now but not enough to make rewds on 8 ppl I guess, at least not with phoneposting.
hi
Harambey180
Harambey180
He/him
Goon
Harambey180
He/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #966 (ISO) » Mon Feb 05, 2018 10:32 pm

Post by Harambey180 »

Like, do you guys really think that scum would take this risk of waiting until the end to pair up, thus with the chance of not getting paired at all?
I could townread Kokichi for this sole reason, and in general I still have a townread on him. Why should I thus push for it to pair with me instead of Kokichi if we both are Town? If I'd do that then I'd keep myself in it but because he will very likely flip Town, I will only become more of a suspect for pushing to not pair with him.

Thus, there is no point for me to beg for pairings with me instead of Kokichi. If Kokichi gets picked, I'll die and probably Kokichi won't be that much of a suspect in this situation. If I get picked I'll still die soon after for the reasons I gave here.
Why on earth would I thus defend myself or pressure Kokichi? That most likely makes for 2 Townies dead instead of one, and we're not even considering the one I'd get paired with. Double murder, no thank you, in the very likely case that Kokichi is Town, all I can do is to hope that they will favor me instead of Kokichi on nothing but personal preference cuz otherwise it'll be worse for Town (if I'd do anything to save myself)

Pretty much comes down to 'which Townie would I like more to pair up with' now. Therefore it would not surprise nor annoy me if I won't get picked.
Pick whoever you want but please don't give any reasons why you picked the one and not the other. In case Kokichi makes it, this is what I'd advice, basing your choice on something different than personal preferences harms more than it helps.
hi
Harambey180
Harambey180
He/him
Goon
Harambey180
He/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #967 (ISO) » Tue Feb 06, 2018 2:25 am

Post by Harambey180 »

Back home now. No more clumsy phoneposting, yay. I'll see what I do with giving reads, I'm not sure yet. Probably if I'm gonna give some I'll keep them short and clear.
hi
Harambey180
Harambey180
He/him
Goon
Harambey180
He/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #968 (ISO) » Tue Feb 06, 2018 2:31 am

Post by Harambey180 »

Anyways what I explained earlier...
In my eyes the three gentlemen left (me, Kokichi, and obviously Anti) are all Town. I mean, just based on Kokichi's posts I already lean more Town on him. I already gave reasons for why there's most likely no scum left between us. The scum gentlemen are ought to have made sure already that they're in a pair. And the scum ladies, well they won't get eliminated now ofc so I don't have to talk about that.

Guys, it's up to you now to choose between me and Kokichi based on nothing, nothing but personal preference or whoever of the two you'd like to stay in. I gotta say I'm having some sort of tactic ready for the next phase when there are pairs, but I'm not gonna focus on improving that tactic if I don't even know if I'll make it there.
Pair with me if you think I'd fit Town better or if you'd like to pair with me.
Pair with Kokichi if you think he'd fit Town better or if you'd prefer to pair with Kokichi.
Please don't pair with either of us with the reason that one of us is less scummy than the other. Me and Kokichi are both Town fmpov (or scum made the riskiest strategy ever). No need to base your choice on scumminess level if the two of us both aren't or are most likely not scum, so don't. Just think who'd be the better Town player to pair up with and could help you more, or pick me (or Kokichi) if that's your preference or gut feeling. I won't push any of you two ladies left to pick me or to not pick Kokichi, as I said it's pointless and stupid.
hi
Harambey180
Harambey180
He/him
Goon
Harambey180
He/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #969 (ISO) » Tue Feb 06, 2018 2:34 am

Post by Harambey180 »

Like, only one of us needs to leave. We shouldn't make it happen that one of us leaves and therefore the other one is likely to get lynched shortly after. Get what I mean?
I can probably assure you guys that thinking about 'scumminess' and such things will result in unnecessary deaths most likely by mislynches in the next phase.

So just pick. We pretty much have nothing else to discuss right now, at least I don't. And if I leave, well good luck to all of you (especially GL to Town) have fun and try to play your best game (and for Town: hopefully win).
hi
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #970 (ISO) » Tue Feb 06, 2018 2:51 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Reads please
Also you never responded to me when I said me pairing with Anti didn't make me obvscum because of the time I sent the request
<Embrace The Void>

xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #971 (ISO) » Tue Feb 06, 2018 3:13 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

Alisaes continued belief that something being easy means it has to be disingenuous or scummy is still the most baffling thing about this game
green shirt thursdays
Kagami
Kagami
Jack of All Trades
Kagami
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #972 (ISO) » Tue Feb 06, 2018 3:21 am

Post by Kagami »

Looks like N1 death streak in FG games shall be preserved.

I'll make one of those pretty invites to dance when I'm on a PC.
Harambey180
Harambey180
He/him
Goon
Harambey180
He/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #973 (ISO) » Tue Feb 06, 2018 3:24 am

Post by Harambey180 »

In post 970, Gamma Emerald wrote:Reads please
Also you never responded to me when I said me pairing with Anti didn't make me obvscum because of the time I sent the request
No.
Giving reads will influence your decision on who to pair with. Thus I'm not going to give reads at this moment.
And don't pair with Kokichi for the pure reason of me not giving reads. That is unnecessary suspicion as I said. Forget about who might be scum and who not because Anti, Kokichi and me are all three Town fmpov. If someone is scummy or not should not matter anymore at this point because it will be used against whoever does get picked as I mentioned.
Therefore if you pick Kokichi or me, who doesn't matter, don't say why or why not. Cuz when the person that doesn't get picked flips Town (which I'm convinced Kokichi would as well), it'll likely be seen as something. We don't need to make something out of nothing, know that phrase? That's the case here too.
hi
Kagami
Kagami
Jack of All Trades
Kagami
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #974 (ISO) » Tue Feb 06, 2018 3:25 am

Post by Kagami »

@anti, best strat, imo, is to pair with the weakest but transparently town player.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”