Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #2100 (ISO) » Tue Feb 06, 2018 9:46 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 2095, Chara wrote:hm, i don't really know how to balance normals.
maybe it feels less strong because the roleblocker is dead now.
I've modded 1.5 of them (I count the large as half a game for personal modding experience purposes), with the first being a spin on a game I'd seen and the second being an original idea based around a greylist role. There's also several other games of experience with Mafia Roleblocker that is informing my opinion.
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: it/its

Post Post #2101 (ISO) » Tue Feb 06, 2018 9:49 am

Post by Chara »

the reason i didn't buy frogger's vanilla cop claim should be obvious.

my readslist at EoD yesterday was in case i was nightkilled. stars indicated my reports.
"Sibling," Farkran asked, starting slowly.
"The CORE is full of lasers, and Chemist1422's entire existence depends on her eye. If she looks into a laser, she will almost certainly die. Did you think about that?"
"Oh yes, my brother. I love thinking about that."
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2102 (ISO) » Tue Feb 06, 2018 9:52 am

Post by Chara »

anyway. i can't think of a role mafia would have. it doesn't feel like there are other PRs in the game so it's either a goon or it's Gamma.

Flavor's claim is probably true because Boon isn't dumb, is my thinking on that.
"The CORE is full of lasers, and Chemist1422's entire existence depends on her eye. If she looks into a laser, she will almost certainly die. Did you think about that?"
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2103 (ISO) » Tue Feb 06, 2018 9:54 am

Post by Chara »

also, anyone who thinks it's miller, cop, and neighbourizer vs. full roleblocker, role cop, encryptor...
well, i don't know what to tell you.
i mean, perhaps you think i'm just a goon, which might account for it.
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2104 (ISO) » Tue Feb 06, 2018 9:56 am

Post by Chara »

In post 2085, Gamma Emerald wrote:What do you refer to as my "town meta"?
oh, i forgot about this.
it isn't really meta so much as i've been able to tell you're town in other games, so the fact that i can't find much towniness to your posts here makes me think you're scum.
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2105 (ISO) » Tue Feb 06, 2018 9:58 am

Post by Chara »

*and not that it's just your style to play in a way i scumread, as is the case with some players.
Hawk
Hawk
Mafia Scum
Hawk
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2106 (ISO) » Tue Feb 06, 2018 10:00 am

Post by Hawk »

Yeah except for your vote I can't find a single spot where you say fitz is actually scum. You paint a lot of Gamma VS Fitz and Creature VS Fitz scum pairs.

I don't buy you being town!Rolecop.

Also idk why you think it's Gamma over Flavor here from your PoV.

pedit: You can tell me the same thing frog did I'm bad at setup speculation. I don't buy your claim or your stances. And I won't lynch gamma today.
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2107 (ISO) » Tue Feb 06, 2018 10:02 am

Post by Chara »

ugh.

i lynched him because Frogger threw a tantrum about it. happy? it was stupid and i shouldn't have given in but Frogger was town and i thought i was just wrong.
that's all.

i think it's Gamma over Flavor because Flavor is towny and Gamma is scummy. fuck setup spec, i'm not good at it.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2108 (ISO) » Tue Feb 06, 2018 10:03 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 2106, Hawk wrote:Yeah except for your vote I can't find a single spot where you say fitz is actually scum. You paint a lot of Gamma VS Fitz and Creature VS Fitz scum pairs.

I don't buy you being town!Rolecop.

Also idk why you think it's Gamma over Flavor here from your PoV.

pedit: You can tell me the same thing frog did I'm bad at setup speculation. I don't buy your claim or your stances. And I won't lynch gamma today.
Hawk I disagree on this. I've been arguing a mafia ascetic is too much power on top of what they already have, and I also believe the rolecop fills out towns power quite well.
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2109 (ISO) » Tue Feb 06, 2018 10:03 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 2107, Chara wrote:ugh.

i lynched him because Frogger threw a tantrum about it. happy? it was stupid and i shouldn't have given in but Frogger was town and i thought i was just wrong.
that's all.

i think it's Gamma over Flavor because Flavor is towny and Gamma is scummy. fuck setup spec, i'm not good at it.
Why don't you think it's sheep?
<Embrace The Void>

Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2110 (ISO) » Tue Feb 06, 2018 10:04 am

Post by Chara »

if you think i'm a scum role cop and not a goon then i have to say even i know that particular bit of setup spec makes no sense.

pedit: it looked like Mulch was trying to discredit my townread on James and sheep has been towny since he replaced in, just wrong.
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2111 (ISO) » Tue Feb 06, 2018 10:06 am

Post by Chara »

In post 2108, Gamma Emerald wrote:Hawk I disagree on this. I've been arguing a mafia ascetic is too much power on top of what they already have, and I also believe the rolecop fills out towns power quite well
blah. this makes me want to townread you unless you think i'm getting lynched anyway even with your defense.
and you unwillingness to scumread me despite me continually calling you scum is sort of towny too.
moving off of fitz onto Creature is also something you did, iirc.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2112 (ISO) » Tue Feb 06, 2018 10:10 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 2110, Chara wrote:if you think i'm a scum role cop and not a goon then i have to say even i know that particular bit of setup spec makes no sense.

pedit: it looked like Mulch was trying to discredit my townread on James and sheep has been towny since he replaced in, just wrong.
Okay fair maybe, but it's possible his signalling method may have been "sorta attack my buddies but never actually go after them". He also scumread Creature whilst not wanting to actually wagon him.
<Embrace The Void>

Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2113 (ISO) » Tue Feb 06, 2018 10:11 am

Post by Chara »

i should look at the context of that as Gamma was also a wagon and Creature was dead scum walking.
still.
maybe i expected town!Gamma to attack me more about the scumread instead of asking all of these polite questions, but he could just be playing... rationally.
i still think sheep is likely town.
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2114 (ISO) » Tue Feb 06, 2018 10:12 am

Post by Chara »

In post 2112, Gamma Emerald wrote:Okay fair maybe, but it's possible his signalling method may have been "sorta attack my buddies but never actually go after them". He also scumread Creature whilst not wanting to actually wagon him.
that's possible.
Hawk
Hawk
Mafia Scum
Hawk
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2115 (ISO) » Tue Feb 06, 2018 10:13 am

Post by Hawk »

UNVOTE:

Imma wait for Flavor.

I don't know if I buy the Rolecop claim at all. Also I don't think you're Rolecop if you're scum. That readlist is fakeable. As is the crumb I'm fairly certain.

Pedit: Bleeegggghhh I hate games like this that have so many posts to sift through...
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2116 (ISO) » Tue Feb 06, 2018 10:17 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

I mean at this point the game is auto for me, the only thing I have to do is not get lynched.
<Embrace The Void>

Hawk
Hawk
Mafia Scum
Hawk
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2117 (ISO) » Tue Feb 06, 2018 10:26 am

Post by Hawk »

In post 2116, Gamma Emerald wrote:I mean at this point the game is auto for me, the only thing I have to do is not get lynched.
Scccuuuummmmclllaaaiiimmmm..

Jk..

or am i...

Idk anymore.

Seriously tho I have so many questions... like why check fitz and then not at least resist that lynch more... did you even vote creature that day??

Why check 2iam and then Sheep over double checking Gamma? I mean yeah Gamma most likely would just come back Neighborizor buy
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2118 (ISO) » Tue Feb 06, 2018 12:55 pm

Post by Flavor Leaf »

I don’t think what I wanted to do matters anymore, I’m just mobile posting so it’s a lot of wor. Wanted to do a color VCA.

Uhm...yeah. Role cop claim here as a goon isn’t that far off. I felt this game was expected to have little to no power leftover.

Why wouldn’t you try to fight Froggy when he claimed Vanilla Cop for so long? Especially after the cop claim came out

I don’t think Gamma would be anything else other than Neighborizer if he was scum.

Role cop make sure this setup overpowered for town, imo. That would mean cop could get a guilty and town clear each other, and if Role Cop was there, both encryptor and bulletproof roleblocker traitor would be a guilty. Bulletproof might not come up, but traitor would.

And a role cop clears a miller making miller a named townie for sure.

I don’t know if it works in this setup.
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2119 (ISO) » Tue Feb 06, 2018 1:00 pm

Post by Flavor Leaf »

Chara, you said that James was town this game, right? Early on. That was because he’s mislynchable generally and comes off as scummy? I felt the same kind of thing. You say Sheep is being townie, and I absolutely don’t feel he’s being townie. Even if he ends up being town. I might be a little biased since he’s the only one pushing me, and I feel if I’m out of the picture, he can lynch one of you two.
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2120 (ISO) » Tue Feb 06, 2018 1:02 pm

Post by Flavor Leaf »

Cop would also be confirmed town as a roleblocker. So role cop effectively functions as a second cop this game, with just the neighborizer as a WIFOM role.

I don’t think it makes sense as a town role.

Chara going after Gamma, though, and stating town reads on sheep and I is townie, though.
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2121 (ISO) » Tue Feb 06, 2018 1:07 pm

Post by Flavor Leaf »

So...

If Sheep is scum, if we lynch him, game over.
If Sheep is town, if we lynch him, day goes to tomorrow with either Hawk or myself dying, depending on who potential ScumGamma/Chara want on their team. I can even see a no kill potential there from either of them. Chara would play the Gamma did it to frame you, and Gamma would do it hoping he has enough confidence that both of us wouldn’t turn on him. If one of us did in that scenario, it would be okay, since it would be a majority of 4.
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2122 (ISO) » Tue Feb 06, 2018 1:10 pm

Post by Flavor Leaf »

Chara would also get another role cop shot for the potential of lying Gamma (or if you thought I was lying, me, I’m confbiasing)

But yeah. I think it’s just Sheep, but I’ve lied down enough stuff in case scum chara/Gamma take Hawk to lylo.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2123 (ISO) » Tue Feb 06, 2018 1:11 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Honestly I feel this game is a bit like Mini 1920: a lot of town investigative (high power cop + mid power RC + low power neighborizer) combated by scum RB. I've been involved in normal balance for a long time at this point, and I know scum full RB is powerful, and is only used if town has several decent power roles. I can link some normals with scum full RB if you'd like.
<Embrace The Void>

Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2124 (ISO) » Tue Feb 06, 2018 1:18 pm

Post by Flavor Leaf »

The role cop with a traitor/encryptor and only cop/miller screams fake to me, along with some of the actions, but Chara is incredibly genuine, and I get the decisions that are made.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”