Is anyone ever going to organize a The Mole game on here

For large social games such as Survivor where the primary mechanic is social interaction.
KittyMo
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
Too Sparkly

Post Post #3 (isolation #0) » Tue Feb 06, 2018 6:06 am

Post by KittyMo »

I have a fair amount of task ideas drafted for an 8-10 player low-twist mole game that I just transferred into a Private Topic and would be happy to work with co-mods on. I do not personally meet eligibility requirements for Large Social Game modding, but I'm not sure that's an actual requirement for Mole games specifically.
Alt of Ariel | MafiaScum wiki volunteer contributor & sysop | Identity (Mish Mash) is back | Speakeasy Secret Santa

"plz don't swear" -- N
"Do people just not appreciate the good old wall of text anymore?" -- Cheery Dog
KittyMo
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
Too Sparkly

Post Post #21 (isolation #1) » Tue Feb 06, 2018 3:11 pm

Post by KittyMo »

In post 16, CuddlyCaucasian wrote:I have an idea! I have an idea!

Run two concurrent games of The Mole, each with 10 players. Both games have the exact same challenges, typical mole stuff, with one mole in each game. Everything plays out as normal, with one player "winning" each game. However, the ultimate victor of the game is the winner of the game that accumulated a bigger prize pot. Obviously neither game will ever be given any indication of how much money the other game is making.

This doesn't exactly solve the problem of the Mole needing motivation to tank challenges and also to avoid being detected though. A way to get around this is to have the following conditions for Mole victory: 1) be part of the game with the lower cumulative prize pot at the end, and 2) on the final question of the Mole quiz (Who is the Mole?), never be unanimously picked by everyone else as the Mole before final three.

So essentially, it's possible to have either one of two winners, depending on whether the more effective Mole is also able to go undetected.
/in
Alt of Ariel | MafiaScum wiki volunteer contributor & sysop | Identity (Mish Mash) is back | Speakeasy Secret Santa

"plz don't swear" -- N
"Do people just not appreciate the good old wall of text anymore?" -- Cheery Dog
KittyMo
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
Too Sparkly

Post Post #36 (isolation #2) » Thu Feb 08, 2018 5:41 am

Post by KittyMo »

You stated privately that none of the tasks I had drafted "really managed to surprise [you]" and "probably won't surprise the contestants too therefore." I responded that the best things I feel that I bring to the table as a moderator are organizational skills and follow-through on commitments, moreso than creativity, and that I was getting the impression that I was disappointing you by not being more creative. You then posted here saying that I am "not even that creative at all." The point that you were trying to make appears to be that you and many others are capable of good game design for mole games, which I can appreciate. But I will be honest that I didn't appreciate your phrasing here, particularly when I felt like I was already going out on a limb by beginning to try to co-design something with someone that I have no real previous interactions with (which I have never done before).

"plz don't swear" -- N

Return to “ORGs and Large Social Games”