VARSOON'S GUIDE TO MODDING

This forum is for discussion related to the game.
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #43 (isolation #0) » Thu Feb 08, 2018 6:04 am

Post by MathBlade »

In post 40, Cerberus v666 wrote:For the record, your FFT rolecards are the best I've ever seen. Jaw dropped when I received the first PM. :D

I mean, I got used to the formatting you used in Space Dandy 2/Bloodborne/SU games, but the FFT cards were just so friggin different and brought this massive wellspring of nostalgia. :)

Basically, if you ever do another Final Fantasy based game, and don't do something similar, I'll be really fucking sad. :P
Sniff

I still have the scum game with the least number of posts (A)6

I loved FFT. I just feel bad at how it ended.
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #58 (isolation #1) » Thu Feb 08, 2018 8:48 am

Post by MathBlade »

I use automated tools to let people provide themselves with a VC when I can’t. :)
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #67 (isolation #2) » Thu Mar 01, 2018 5:08 am

Post by MathBlade »

In post 51, Cerberus v666 wrote:
In post 50, Alisae wrote:Also as a side note.
I hate it when my players prod me for a votecount while I am asleep and/or in class.
And like, I understand their needs and I love them.
It's just like, if I am asleep, of course I am not going to be able to bring a votecount. Especially if I have to go through 30 pages. Which, has happened before. Like, I feel bad for FA who had to go through 60 pages in a 32p game just to be fully caught up and do a VC in the rematch of The Real Folk Blues.
But when I wake up, the first thing I try to do if I'm not immediately busy with something, is to do a votecount.
And when I get a ping from someone to do a votecount while I am asleep, it makes me feel like my players don't trust me to provide a vc. And that kind of feeling just hurts me.

Also (I don't really think this has ever happened to me though), I usually have a vc somewhat done before class. So while I'm in class, I should be able to hope that that vc is enough to last my players 3 hours. So it kinda just annoys me if someone were to ping me for a vc while I am in class because I feel powerless to provide one.

Basicly why I hate being prodded for votecounts is
  • It makes me feel like as a mod you don't trust me to deliver a prompt vc whenever I can.
  • I'm not chained to my computer, and as a result, pinging me for a vc when I can provide one makes me feel powerless as a mod.
  • I may have to read through 30 pages given the current site meta just to provided a vc. So seeing a ping in the middle of those 30 pages just looks like a huge fuck you sign.
Perhaps have in your signature(or the opening posts of the game) the times you generally won't be available and express this sentiment there, so people don't bug you. Also, immediately making a placeholder post saying something like VC incoming as soon as i catch up on x pages will let people who are actively there know that a VC is incoming, so they won't bother you while you're catching up.

I completely appreciate your feelings on the matter, I just think some clearer communication will keep players who are overzealous from bugging you about things you're already doing/doing your best to do.
I just find giving people a tool to do it themselves prevents that.
GTKAS -- MathBlade

Return to “Mafia Discussion”