VARSOON'S GUIDE TO MODDING

This forum is for discussion related to the game.
Venmar
Venmar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Venmar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #42 (isolation #0) » Thu Feb 08, 2018 6:03 am

Post by Venmar »

This is an A+ thread.
I swear I'm trying my best

--Expect me to be V/LA from 10am-7pm PST every Mon, Wed, Thurs, Sat, Sun due to work--
Venmar
Venmar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Venmar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #47 (isolation #1) » Thu Feb 08, 2018 6:14 am

Post by Venmar »

I think an active mod is very important as well; being around and making a votecount every day or every few pages is very important. I think a good rule of thumb or goal for every mod is to go through a game without a player prodding you for a votecount.

I want to say that I have adhered to everything in the OP as a mod, and I can't echo certain sentiments enough, such as being very clear with your actions and wording, being impartial to the gamestate, etc. I'd echo the need of a public mechanic the most; most of my theme games have had a public mechanic that the playerbase could take a part of and I think it's been a success. Giving people ways to contribute to the game-state is critical as far as I am concerned, whether it by voting for lynches or participating in something entirely else and wacky. Of course, mechanics aren't needed and aren't a precursor to having fun or a prerequisite for a good setup, but they can help, especially the larger the game is.

Giving information to the playerbase I think is also king and pivotal to keeping the playerbase invested; people arguing and scumhunting will do most of this for you, but, obviously, stuff like kills, clears, lynches, concise flips, etc, all add to the information and flow of a game (also why roles like Janitor are the worst there are).
I swear I'm trying my best

--Expect me to be V/LA from 10am-7pm PST every Mon, Wed, Thurs, Sat, Sun due to work--

Return to “Mafia Discussion”