Is anyone ever going to organize a The Mole game on here

For large social games such as Survivor where the primary mechanic is social interaction.
McMenno
McMenno
they/them
One For Aren't-We-All
McMenno
they/them
One For Aren't-We-All
One For Aren't-We-All
Pronoun: they/them

Post Post #25 (ISO) » Wed Feb 07, 2018 4:32 am

Post by McMenno »

I don't think the mole is a format that lends itself to twists very well
pablito
pablito
Mafia Scum
pablito
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #26 (ISO) » Wed Feb 07, 2018 10:00 am

Post by pablito »

2 moles in final task means one can rest and hide which is not fair to that side of the game. Mole is a game where balance and fairness has to be well planned. This is an am additional concern in developing these games. Modding the mole and writing these challenges is infinitely tougher than survivor.
Sup, later.
CuddlyCaucasian
CuddlyCaucasian
Professor of Being a Dog
CuddlyCaucasian
Professor of Being a Dog
Professor of Being a Dog

Post Post #27 (ISO) » Wed Feb 07, 2018 1:28 pm

Post by CuddlyCaucasian »

In post 26, pablito wrote:2 moles in final task means one can rest and hide which is not fair to that side of the game. Mole is a game where balance and fairness has to be well planned. This is an am additional concern in developing these games. Modding the mole and writing these challenges is infinitely tougher than survivor.
^ This. The main reason I haven't run a Mole game is that it requires so much more creativity and carefulness in the design process
"CC is very [whatever the equivalent of photogenic as it applies to videos]" - racefan12

"CC is an objectively attractive person." - Crazy

"You look like a happy version of Trent Reznor." - LicketyQuickety

"Do you practice sounding like you're high all the time?" - xofelf
Harambey180
Harambey180
He/him
Goon
Harambey180
He/him
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #28 (ISO) » Wed Feb 07, 2018 8:01 pm

Post by Harambey180 »

In post 27, CuddlyCaucasian wrote:
In post 26, pablito wrote:2 moles in final task means one can rest and hide which is not fair to that side of the game. Mole is a game where balance and fairness has to be well planned. This is an am additional concern in developing these games. Modding the mole and writing these challenges is infinitely tougher than survivor.
^ This. The main reason I haven't run a Mole game is that it requires so much more creativity and carefulness in the design process
Well I've seen some stuff of KittyMo and she's not even that creative at all yet she has enough challenges for an entire game on here.
I know with my creativity, I could have enough for at least 10 games. Whether I'm going to held all 10 games will remain the question but my creativity has no boundaries. Assumably because I've seen a lot and know a lot, and my creativity helps to turn them into challenges? We'll see, but I hope to at least held one one day... still have to wait at least 2 months though before I'm 3 months on this site :oops:
hi
Mina
Mina
The Shipwright
Mina
The Shipwright
The Shipwright

Post Post #29 (ISO) » Thu Feb 08, 2018 1:41 am

Post by Mina »

I'm very curious about what your idea of creativity is now.
McMenno
McMenno
they/them
One For Aren't-We-All
McMenno
they/them
One For Aren't-We-All
One For Aren't-We-All

Post Post #30 (ISO) » Thu Feb 08, 2018 1:52 am

Post by McMenno »

I'm very creative, I can name over a billion different numbers
CuddlyCaucasian
CuddlyCaucasian
Professor of Being a Dog
CuddlyCaucasian
Professor of Being a Dog
Professor of Being a Dog

Post Post #31 (ISO) » Thu Feb 08, 2018 3:33 am

Post by CuddlyCaucasian »

If I'm lucky, Mr.
Talent
Creativity will rub his
tentacles
harambey all over my
art
The Mole game
"CC is very [whatever the equivalent of photogenic as it applies to videos]" - racefan12

"CC is an objectively attractive person." - Crazy

"You look like a happy version of Trent Reznor." - LicketyQuickety

"Do you practice sounding like you're high all the time?" - xofelf
Harambey180
Harambey180
He/him
Goon
Harambey180
He/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #32 (ISO) » Thu Feb 08, 2018 4:21 am

Post by Harambey180 »

Being creative as in being able to come up with unique and exciting challenges/tasks that fit in games like The Mole.
I think I've got loads of creativity for that :igmeou:
hi
Fluminator
Fluminator
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Fluminator
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #33 (ISO) » Thu Feb 08, 2018 4:51 am

Post by Fluminator »

I don't doubt it, but I think your post saying kittymo wasn't creative came out a little wrong and you sound a little arrogant saying your creativity knows no bounds haha.
Harambey180
Harambey180
He/him
Goon
Harambey180
He/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #34 (ISO) » Thu Feb 08, 2018 5:01 am

Post by Harambey180 »

In post 33, Fluminator wrote:I don't doubt it, but I think your post saying kittymo wasn't creative came out a little wrong and you sound a little arrogant saying your creativity knows no bounds haha.
Did I word it like that?

Well I meant by it is that KittyMo is creative enough to have ideas for a forum The Mole game like the ones she showed me in her PT. That's already pretty creative.
I considered myself to be very creative out of context with KittyMo actually.
Besides she said in the PT herself that she thinks she's not creative enough to come up with a lot of own ideas for tasks. Now you know the context and I wasn't trying to be too arrogant :oops:

Creativity knows no boundaries. Anyone who is creative has no boundaries when it comes to being creative. For some ppl it's just easier to get closer and closer to the boundaries.

I'm having way too complicated thoughts, give me mental help please. :shifty:
hi
McMenno
McMenno
they/them
One For Aren't-We-All
McMenno
they/them
One For Aren't-We-All
One For Aren't-We-All

Post Post #35 (ISO) » Thu Feb 08, 2018 5:08 am

Post by McMenno »

KittyMo
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
Too Sparkly

Post Post #36 (ISO) » Thu Feb 08, 2018 5:41 am

Post by KittyMo »

You stated privately that none of the tasks I had drafted "really managed to surprise [you]" and "probably won't surprise the contestants too therefore." I responded that the best things I feel that I bring to the table as a moderator are organizational skills and follow-through on commitments, moreso than creativity, and that I was getting the impression that I was disappointing you by not being more creative. You then posted here saying that I am "not even that creative at all." The point that you were trying to make appears to be that you and many others are capable of good game design for mole games, which I can appreciate. But I will be honest that I didn't appreciate your phrasing here, particularly when I felt like I was already going out on a limb by beginning to try to co-design something with someone that I have no real previous interactions with (which I have never done before).
Alt of Ariel | MafiaScum wiki volunteer contributor & sysop | Identity (Mish Mash) is back | Speakeasy Secret Santa

"plz don't swear" -- N
"Do people just not appreciate the good old wall of text anymore?" -- Cheery Dog
Harambey180
Harambey180
He/him
Goon
Harambey180
He/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #37 (ISO) » Thu Feb 08, 2018 6:10 am

Post by Harambey180 »

Well then I apologise for saying what I've said. Should of worded it differently but I do not always think hard enough about how I am going to word my thoughts, which probably causes for a lot of unneeded miscommunication and arguments.
They didn't really surprise me 'that much', that's probably how I should have said it. They were really good challenges and honestly it's really hard to have 'wow!'-challenges for forum games... should have said that too probably cuz then you're missing the context of my thoughts.
The ideas you had brought up nonetheless were really good for a The Mole game. Just not in my honest opinion that it would form the best The Mole forum game out of all but still really decent and better than usual.

Again my apologies :oops:
hi
Fluminator
Fluminator
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Fluminator
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #38 (ISO) » Thu Feb 08, 2018 3:39 pm

Post by Fluminator »

One thing I'm curious about, has there ever been a mole game run off site anonymous style like most survivor games? It seems like all the examples of the mole are done on mafiascum itself. I feel like if it was a big official anonymous forum game like the survivor ones, there would be less abandonment issues.
xofelf
xofelf
they/them(also ze/zem or xe/xem)
Miss Mash
xofelf
Miss Mash
Miss Mash
Pronoun: they/them(also ze/zem or xe/xem)

Post Post #39 (ISO) » Thu Feb 08, 2018 3:42 pm

Post by xofelf »

No, when people were more likely to try to run The Mole, running games off forum wasn't an often thing. I do feel like there was one where you had an idea of who might be involved but not which character they were playing as, but I may be wrong on that.
Xalxe: this is xofelf sometimes we call each other names and other times we share emotions
MattyP: Ur an enigma tho when it comes to circadian rhythm and the traditions we hold dear when it comes to the sun and the moon
Get to reknow a xofelf here
Discord is faster than PMs or sitechat: xofelf#1697
Xalxe
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
It's pronounced "Xalxe"

Post Post #40 (ISO) » Thu Feb 08, 2018 4:42 pm

Post by Xalxe »

There was an anonymous Mario-themed Mole run by mallowgeno. I think Ani was the Mole?
"I, too, would prefer to know the Xalxe of my demise." - Felissan, 2022
- On this day in history: mundanity, and terror, and food, and love, and trees -
JaydragonKing
JaydragonKing
Mafia Scum
JaydragonKing
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #41 (ISO) » Fri Feb 09, 2018 4:18 am

Post by JaydragonKing »

I read a Mario Mole fanfiction, two of them in fact. And a Mario Big Brother. And a Mario Total Drama Island AND Survivor one.

Mario is clearly a nice theme to use for these types of things.
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #42 (ISO) » Fri Feb 09, 2018 11:20 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

In post 16, CuddlyCaucasian wrote:I have an idea! I have an idea!

Run two concurrent games of The Mole, each with 10 players. Both games have the exact same challenges, typical mole stuff, with one mole in each game. Everything plays out as normal, with one player "winning" each game. However, the ultimate victor of the game is the winner of the game that accumulated a bigger prize pot. Obviously neither game will ever be given any indication of how much money the other game is making.

This doesn't exactly solve the problem of the Mole needing motivation to tank challenges and also to avoid being detected though. A way to get around this is to have the following conditions for Mole victory: 1) be part of the game with the lower cumulative prize pot at the end, and 2) on the final question of the Mole quiz (Who is the Mole?), never be unanimously picked by everyone else as the Mole before final three.

So essentially, it's possible to have either one of two winners, depending on whether the more effective Mole is also able to go undetected.
this is very good
green shirt thursdays
animorpherv1
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
Honey Trap

Post Post #43 (ISO) » Sat Feb 10, 2018 8:24 pm

Post by animorpherv1 »

In post 40, Xalxe wrote:There was an anonymous Mario-themed Mole run by mallowgeno. I think Ani was the Mole?
It was also the only Mole game I know of to finish!
"Animorpherv1's posts are so powerful that prolonged exposure may cause vertigo, nausea, acute tinnitus, and in rare cases, death." - vonflare

"Ani is right 100% of the time" - Alisae
Ether
Ether
Lyrical Rampage
Ether
Lyrical Rampage
Lyrical Rampage
Pronoun:

Post Post #44 (ISO) » Sun Feb 11, 2018 2:31 am

Post by Ether »

I can link to a bunch of finished ones. But they're all very, very old.

Also, I'm really curious now what challenges Harambey's got up his own sleeve.
Harambey180
Harambey180
He/him
Goon
Harambey180
He/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #45 (ISO) » Sun Feb 11, 2018 3:27 am

Post by Harambey180 »

In post 44, Ether wrote:I can link to a bunch of finished ones. But they're all very, very old.

Also, I'm really curious now what challenges Harambey's got up his own sleeve.
I'm planning on making a PT for that where I can store all my ideas, but first I need to contact the Social Game List Moderators and they haven't responded in days :shifty: Because I'm not on this site for 3 months yet so I can't make PT's myself. I need to have a word with them first for that.

When that happens, I'm gonna list all the ideas I have there, listed in 'Ideas based on TV shows', 'Ideas based on other Mole games' and 'My own ideas'. Of course with making sure it's possible for a forum game.

There's quite a cpl good ones that I have in mind and the ones KittyMo showed me were also really good for forum games.
hi
xofelf
xofelf
Miss Mash
xofelf
Miss Mash
Miss Mash
Pronoun: they/them(also ze/zem or xe/xem)

Post Post #46 (ISO) » Sun Feb 11, 2018 5:41 am

Post by xofelf »

If you need us to do specific things, you can always PM us!
Xalxe: this is xofelf sometimes we call each other names and other times we share emotions
MattyP: Ur an enigma tho when it comes to circadian rhythm and the traditions we hold dear when it comes to the sun and the moon
Get to reknow a xofelf here
Discord is faster than PMs or sitechat: xofelf#1697
Harambey180
Harambey180
He/him
Goon
Harambey180
He/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #47 (ISO) » Sun Feb 11, 2018 7:24 am

Post by Harambey180 »

In post 46, xofelf wrote:If you need us to do specific things, you can always PM us!
Contacting you is exactly what I did days ago and you're not even responding there where I made first contact :shifty:
Anyways sure, we should talk about what I have in mind for The Mole forum games. You could be part in it, you'd fit in my plans I think and you would surely be a great person to make some changes and guide me a bit :D
hi
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #48 (ISO) » Sun Feb 11, 2018 8:37 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

I don't have any PMs from you.
green shirt thursdays
Harambey180
Harambey180
He/him
Goon
Harambey180
He/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #49 (ISO) » Sun Feb 11, 2018 8:46 am

Post by Harambey180 »

In post 48, xRECKONERx wrote:I don't have any PMs from you.
No I tried to site chat but I couldn't site chat you so I didn't say anything to you.
But I did try to site chat with xofelf and Cuddly but that was days ago already.
Well I'm glad that I finally get you guys on it. :D
hi

Return to “ORGs and Large Social Games”