[SETUP] Lynchpin

This forum is for discussion of individual Open Setups, including theoretical balance.
Mathdino
Mathdino
Survivor
Mathdino
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1 (isolation #0) » Fri Feb 09, 2018 12:51 pm

Post by Mathdino »

This is good. Really good.

It seems as if the best possible lynchpin would be someone who bleeds newbtown but isn't good enough for a nightkill. But then you run into WIFOM, etc etc. I think if this were run in succession it, like PYP X/Y, would start swinging around based on setup meta.

My gut says starting with 8:3 would be ideal. Scum control over the lynches is obviously a massive turning point. In 6:3, unless literally the entire town piles onto the lynchpin, the lynchpin will never EVER get lynched, making the mechanic worthless.

Assuming the lynchpin is never really in danger of being lynched due to scum interference (a bad assumption but a hypothetical that needs to be considered)... it seems super scumsided, with town unable to really combat the scum in non-mountainous ways outside of lynching people they think are the lynchpin. I wonder if another mechanic can be introduced to give town more agency/morale.

Other than that, it seems runnable.
Mathdino
Mathdino
Survivor
Mathdino
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5 (isolation #1) » Mon Feb 12, 2018 6:42 am

Post by Mathdino »

In post 4, Creature wrote:Sorta townsided. Would remove lynchpin when 2:1 LyLo.
I can agree with this. Scum kinda runs out of options in 2:1 unless the town crossvotes.

A few scenarios can happen:
Alfred votes Bob
Claire doesn't hammer
Town realises it's either Claire-scum with Bob-lynchpin, Bob-scum, or Alfred-scum with Claire-lynchpin.
From Bob's perspective, he MUST then vote Claire. At this point, if Bob-scum and Claire is lynchpin, Bob always loses. So then it's Bob-scum with Alfred-lynchpin.
At this point there should be enough game material to figure out which scenario doesn't work.

Townsided but really only for LyLo.

Return to “Open Setup Discussion”