[SETUP] Lynchpin

This forum is for discussion of individual Open Setups, including theoretical balance.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #6 (isolation #0) » Mon Feb 12, 2018 7:45 am

Post by Something_Smart »

Interesting idea; basically a reversal of the Chosen mechanic that doesn't pigeonhole scum quite so much.

I want to call 6:3 really scumsided. Maybe the EV is close to 50% but with that high a scum ratio, they can pretty much control the game.

Winning via lynchpin is basically never going to be feasible as it either requires all 5 townies to be wrong on the one person scum doesn't want them to be wrong on day 1, or it requires the lynchpin to self-vote.

And Mathdino's argument for 2:1 is not totally valid because scum can WIFOM vote the lynchpin if they want. (I realize this contradicts the previous statement, but the previous statement is assuming simple strategies whereas this is a potential advanced meta strategy that goes above and beyond the previous analysis.)

I'm feeling like this might be better as 6:2. From what cfj said, the EV is apparently balanced, and it doesn't have the problem of scum controlling everything nor the problem of 2:1 LYLOs being weird and wifom-y. Of course, it does have the drawback of being perpetually even which is annoying as hell. So maybe 5:2 would be better then. Definitely think 8:3 is a step in the wrong direction as the lynchpin matters less and less the more townies are added.

Return to “Open Setup Discussion”