Coin Payback II (Final Results)

For completed/abandoned Mish Mash Games.
Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Glad Hatter

Post Post #10 (isolation #0) » Mon Jan 22, 2018 3:49 am

Post by Gammagooey »

/in
Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Glad Hatter

Post Post #34 (isolation #1) » Tue Feb 13, 2018 2:55 am

Post by Gammagooey »

Daaamn was too greedy round 10, maybe coulda got there (though N_M might have done something different if I was closer in points to him instead, i dunno) ;-;

gg!
Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Glad Hatter

Post Post #36 (isolation #2) » Tue Feb 13, 2018 5:50 am

Post by Gammagooey »

JDGA wrote: Probably gonna do a game 3, any feedback is appreciated!
I'm trying to think of a way to keep players lower down from giving up and losing motivation. I added the option to have a fallback value to the rules but it wasn't really taken advantage much, maybe its importance could be stressed some more?
I submitted a fallback value but then I think never wound up needing to use it (though I did submit a few hours before deadline twice I think), a reminder on the first or second round PMs might be helpful for that.

It did feel like 3rd and 4th place were never worth it unless someone wound up getting it accidentally for really cheap, but I don't know how much that was b/c of the point totals awarded compared to some players not adjusting their play when it seemed clear by mid-way through that saving every other round (or two rounds straight even) to either guarantee or threaten to take first/second place was a very good strategy that N_M and I both used.
I think the point distribution would have been better if we got one extra player for 10 - maybe with the same amount of players I'd suggest adding another low point place, something like 9-6-3-2-1? It encourages a little more jockeying for position near the lower end and doesn't punish people quite as hard if they spend a significant # of coins but wind up getting flooded out by other people bidding higher.

Return to “Sens-O-Tape Archive”