Micro Games Queue!!! (Players and Mods)

For archiving signup threads after their corresponding games are complete.
callforjudgement
callforjudgement
Microprocessor
callforjudgement
Microprocessor
Microprocessor

Post Post #82 (isolation #0) » Tue Oct 24, 2017 6:41 pm

Post by callforjudgement »

A mod shortage again? Time to dip into my supply of emergency Opens that could do with testruns. No flavour as I'm running this on short notice and it can take a while to write.

/in to Mod

Game Name:
The Hero We Deserve
Game Type:
Open (Vigilante, Even-Night Bulletproof, 3 VT vs Goon, 1-shot variant Roleblocker)
Game Size:

Co/Backup Mod:
nobody, unless someone wants to volunteer; I'll give Aristophanes thread access to all the PTs

Reviewed By:
the setup's been public for almost a year with nobody pointing out problems, but has never been run; I can't guarantee balance

Bastard?:
No
Hydrae Allowed?:
Discouraged, but if you
really
want to you might be able to persuade me
Other Restrictions?:
No, although it's probably not ideal as your first game

Description:
A short, swingy Micro. (Who puts a Vigilante in a Micro?)

Deadlines will be initially short, but every player will have a one-shot deadline increase that they can use at any time in the game (i.e. this isn't intended as Blitz); this deadline increase is per-player, not per-slot, e.g. replacements can give themselves time to catch up if necessary.

I'm trying out a new experimental prodding mechanic this game; players will be reminded to post after just 24 hours of activity, with the length of time before replacement decreasing with each reminder. This shouldn't be treated with the same stigma as a regular prod; it's envisaged that even active players will get a couple of reminders over the course of the game.
scum
· scam · seam · team · term · tern · torn ·
town
callforjudgement
callforjudgement
Microprocessor
callforjudgement
Microprocessor
Microprocessor

Post Post #167 (isolation #1) » Sun Nov 05, 2017 12:11 pm

No pre-ins for this one.

I can't
guarantee
this setup works but I think it does. At least we'll get to find out! I think Aristophanes' exclamation marks are infectious.

Prodding and deadline mechanics are experimental (a prod's more of a reminder in this game than a punishment, and as such I'll be giving them out much sooner than usual; deadlines are short by default but each player will have a 1-shot deadline increase). So this might initially look like a blitz game, but isn't really.
scum
town
callforjudgement
callforjudgement
Microprocessor
callforjudgement
Microprocessor
Microprocessor

Post Post #172 (isolation #2) » Mon Nov 06, 2017 3:57 pm

More readable setup page for my setup: The Hero We Deserve.
scum
town
callforjudgement
callforjudgement
Microprocessor
callforjudgement
Microprocessor
Microprocessor

Post Post #194 (isolation #3) » Tue Nov 14, 2017 3:02 am

Err, what number is my game?

I'll have it up within the next couple of hours, anyway. I can always edit the number in later.
scum
town
callforjudgement
callforjudgement
Microprocessor
callforjudgement
Microprocessor
Microprocessor

Post Post #242 (isolation #4) » Tue Nov 21, 2017 1:15 am

In post 241, Jingle wrote:To confirm, you may mod multiples Micros concurrently, correct?

I'll toss together a balanced setup and /in at some point in the near future (Next couple of days) if so. Probably not an extravagant flavor or anything, and if anyone has any requests for open setups, roles, or such feel free to PM me so I can ignore you.
There always used to be a rule that you could only mod two games at once and only one of them could be a Mini, and you could back up the same number of games you could mod.

That rule doesn't seem to have been revised when the Micro Queue was created, so I guess it depends on whether a Micro is a Mini. Although it would have been in older site terminology, I think you could make a decent case that it isn't nowadays (which would place Micro limits at two games modded and two games backup-modded, as long as you weren't modding or backing up anything in any other queue).
scum
town
callforjudgement
callforjudgement
Microprocessor
callforjudgement
Microprocessor
Microprocessor

Post Post #281 (isolation #5) » Wed Nov 29, 2017 12:58 pm

Micro 755 has finished.

@Aristophanes, how urgent is the mod shortage? (That is, should I just /in straight away with a hastily made setup, or should I put more thought into it and try to produce a better game?)
scum
town
callforjudgement
callforjudgement
Microprocessor
callforjudgement
Microprocessor
Microprocessor

Post Post #889 (isolation #6) » Thu Feb 08, 2018 12:32 am

In post 887, drealmerz7 wrote:tiny should be 3-7 (keeping it at a standard of 1scum in those games
7p games are nearly always 5:2.

In fact, 4:2 and 3:2 are more common than 5:1 and 4:1 respectively (and even 2:2 is probably more common than 3:1). Mafia with only one scum isn't really Mafia.

I'd probably argue to put Tiny games at 5p, on the basis that it's the largest game size that plays out really differently from a standard 8p or 9p.
scum
town
callforjudgement
callforjudgement
Microprocessor
callforjudgement
Microprocessor
Microprocessor

Post Post #928 (isolation #7) » Wed Feb 14, 2018 5:59 am

/in to mod

Game Name:
Lynchpin 4p

Game Type:
Tiny Open

Game Size:

Co/Backup Mod:
nobody

Reviewed By:

Bastard?:
No

Hydrae Allowed?:
In a 4p game? Why would you do that?

Other Restrictions?:
This is probably not a good choice for your first game on site; other than that, no.

Description:
Three Vanilla Townies, one Mafia Unlyncher. After role PM randomization, but before the thread is unlocked, the Mafia secretly chooses an Unlyncher target (i.e. the mod will know the target, but none of the townies will, not even the target themself). To win, they have to get one of the other two townies lynched. If the Unlyncher's target is lynched, or the Unlyncher themself is lynched, town wins.
scum
town
callforjudgement
callforjudgement
Microprocessor
callforjudgement
Microprocessor
Microprocessor

Post Post #942 (isolation #8) » Wed Feb 14, 2018 5:30 pm

Wow that was fast.

I'm not going to be able to start the game immediately but it should be up within 24 hours.
scum
town
callforjudgement
callforjudgement
Microprocessor
callforjudgement
Microprocessor
Microprocessor

Post Post #1208 (isolation #9) » Sun Apr 01, 2018 9:31 am

Hmm, what a challenge for a moderator. Can I come up with a setup under these new rules that people will actually enjoy?

/in to "mod"

Game Name:
Self-Moderating Nightless Charge-up Kingmaker
Game Type:
Micro Open Theme
Game Size:

Co/Backup Mod:
the players themselves
Reviewed By:
nobody, so there's a decent chance this is broken

Bastard?:
it's an Open setup, so all the mechanics are public; you can judge for yourself whether you consider them bastard
Hydrae Allowed?:
Yes
Other Restrictions?:
No

Description:
A Nightless game with no normal lynches or kills. Rather, at the end of each day phase, each player will gain 1 Charge. (Day phases are 20 minutes long. I expect, due to the lack of voting, that most of them will end without anything happening. As this is Nightless, when the Day ends, the next Day starts immediately.) Players can gift each other any number of their Charges at any time.

A player with (50 × number of living players) Charges can expend them to kill any other player. Upon doing so, the killed player dies, and everyone's Charges are set to zero.

Vanilla, 6 townies, 2 scum.

Day phases are 20 minutes long. (However, the nature of the game means that it's likely to run to a
lot
of Days.) Because of this, I'm unlikely to be online to process the end of every day, and as such, the game is largely self-moderating. When transferring Charges, players will need to give a full list of each player and how many charges they have. Likewise, for performing kills. The post is invalid if anyone catches the mistake within 72 Days. Otherwise, whatever the post said stands.

Due to the shortness of this game's deadlines, I can understand players missing the occasional Day, or more. For example, it's quite possible that players might be asleep when the game starts, and thus end up missing the first Week or even the first Month. As such, players will only be prodded if they do not post for 96 consecutive Day Phases. Failure to post within another consecutive 96 Day Phases will cause the player to become replaceable, as will being prodded five times. Becoming replaceable means that anyone from outside the game can steal your slot by posting that they are doing so (unless doing so would break site rules, e.g. banned players and players who were previously part of the game cannot replace in).

I will be sporadically updating the thread title to let people know the progress of the game, in addition to giving occasional Charge counts. My main job will be to let people know what their alignment is, to post flips of dead players, and to adjust Private Topic permissions, as these are all things that the players cannot do for themselves; I will also handle prods. I hope you appreciate that I won't necessarily be able to get to these things immediately, though, and the game may thus go several Days without a flip being posted.

(Part of the credit fpr this idea goes to a game I once saw run offsite by a Mafiascum mod (unfortunately, I can't remember where or who). The site's deadlines were too fast for the (Nightless) setup, so they used a majority lynch for most Day phases despite the Nightlessness of the game, and a plurality lynch for a small subset of them; of course, the majority-lynch "Days" went by without anything happening. This just turns the general idea up to
a few hundred.)
scum
town
callforjudgement
callforjudgement
Microprocessor
callforjudgement
Microprocessor
Microprocessor

Post Post #1217 (isolation #10) » Mon Apr 02, 2018 10:01 pm

The setup I submitted above was mostly a marathon games joke, and I'm not particularly attached to it. (I just wanted to get into the spirit of the April festivities, and had to design it within much less time than normal in order to make the April 1 deadline.)

I'm willing to (very lazily) run it if lots of people are interested, but if not it should probably be pulled from the queue.
scum
town
callforjudgement
callforjudgement
Microprocessor
callforjudgement
Microprocessor
Microprocessor

Post Post #1294 (isolation #11) » Fri Apr 13, 2018 1:54 pm

/in to Mod

Game Name:
2 Mafia, 1 Vigilante, 6 Townies

Game Type:
Micro Open

Game Size:

Co/Backup Mod:
(nobody)

Reviewed By:

Bastard?:
No

Hydrae Allowed?:
Not this game

Other Restrictions?:
No restrictions; this setup is suitable for a first game (or first non-Newbie game)

Description:
As the name suggests, this setup consists of 2 Mafia Goons, 1 Town Vigilante, and 6 Vanilla Townies. I'm the setup reviewer and moderator, but the original designer was mith. There's an Open Setup Discussion thread for this setup here. This game will use Callforjudgement's Micro Deadlines, which are a somewhat abNormal mechanic. The game is otherwise Normal, i.e. no daychat for scum, and majority lynches (yes, I know this is out of character for me).
scum
town
callforjudgement
callforjudgement
Microprocessor
callforjudgement
Microprocessor
Microprocessor

Post Post #1322 (isolation #12) » Thu Apr 19, 2018 2:46 pm

The rule is that you can't run (or be queued to run) two Minis (all games in the Open queue count as Mini for this purpose, as does any game of 10-13 players) at the same time. Other than that, you can run two games at a time as long as they're in different queues (or two Micros even though they're in the same queue).

A Micro doesn't run up against the "you can't run two Minis" rule because it isn't a Mini.
scum
town

Return to “Completed Signups”