TheGoldenParadox
he
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he

Post Post #7 (isolation #1) » Thu Feb 15, 2018 7:07 am

Post by TheGoldenParadox »

In post 5, Thor665 wrote:VOTE: Beefster

It's a good policy lynch, and, hey, maybe a wolf or scum to boot.
VOTE: Thor665
No protown player does this in RVS. Semi-serious vote.
TheGoldenParadox
TheGoldenParadox
he
Mafia Scum
TheGoldenParadox
he
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #15 (isolation #2) » Thu Feb 15, 2018 11:46 am

In post 13, Thor665 wrote:
In post 7, TheGoldenParadox wrote:

VOTE: Thor665
No protown player does this in RVS. Semi-serious vote.
No protown player does what?
Because I'd love to see you support this logic. It's the opposite of everything I know and have ever seen on this site, so either I'm really wrong, or you're full of hoo-hah.
From my experience, a policy vote on someone, plus saying that they could be scum on top of that, inferring that you meant that there was a 5/12 chance of them being scum so the policy wagon is somewhat justified, seems scummy to me. It seems like an outright scumtell.
TheGoldenParadox
TheGoldenParadox
he
Mafia Scum
TheGoldenParadox
he
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #17 (isolation #3) » Thu Feb 15, 2018 12:24 pm

In post 16, Espeonage wrote:
vote: wilky

What an unoriginal rvs vote reasoning.
Espeon why don't you use the vote tags? It's less characters if you just do this:

Code: Select all

[v]whoever's name[/v]

instead of

[b]VOTE:whoever's name[/b]

and it makes it easier for all of us.
TheGoldenParadox
TheGoldenParadox
he
Mafia Scum
TheGoldenParadox
he
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #18 (isolation #4) » Thu Feb 15, 2018 12:33 pm

In post 17, TheGoldenParadox wrote:
In post 16, Espeonage wrote:
vote: wilky

What an unoriginal rvs vote reasoning.
Espeon why don't you use the vote tags? It's less characters if you just do this:

[v]whoever's name[/v]

instead of

[b]VOTE:whoever's name[/b]

and it makes it easier for all of us.
EBWOP- slightly easier to discern and read.
TheGoldenParadox
TheGoldenParadox
he
Mafia Scum
TheGoldenParadox
he
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #20 (isolation #5) » Thu Feb 15, 2018 1:51 pm

In post 19, Espeonage wrote:Because I am old and don't care for these new tags the kids use.
jeez
also espeo what's you're preferred pronoun?
TheGoldenParadox
TheGoldenParadox
he
Mafia Scum
TheGoldenParadox
he
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #29 (isolation #6) » Fri Feb 16, 2018 2:55 am

What was the purpose of this post? Was it a joke post, or somewhat serious, or were you actually proposing a policy lynch on Beefster with the justification that there was a 5/12 chance of him being scum on top of that?
TheGoldenParadox
TheGoldenParadox
he
Mafia Scum
TheGoldenParadox
he
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #36 (isolation #7) » Fri Feb 16, 2018 6:03 am

In post 30, Thor665 wrote:
In post 15, TheGoldenParadox wrote:From my experience, a policy vote on someone, plus saying that they could be scum on top of that, inferring that you meant that there was a 5/12 chance of them being scum so the policy wagon is somewhat justified, seems scummy to me. It seems like an outright scumtell.
Why do you have this experience? Can you show me scum doing it in your games?
I can *assuredly* show you town doing it many times - would that adjust your opinion or no?
In post 25, skitter30 wrote:Bolded: Or he's really new. Like his reasoning doesn't make much sense to me but it appears to make sense to *him*. By presenting
only
those two options, you kinda transformed this discussion into a you-vs-him type of situation.
If he's really new and he believes his reasoning (your argument for a third category) I would suggest that what you're saying is 'he's really new and doesn't know better'. If you take that to a logical end it's - 'he's honestly wrong' if you compare that to 'you're full of hoo-hah' I submit you will find they are one and the same.

How do you think my setup unfairly cast the situation into a false setup (since I would suggest my setup was 'either Thor is wrong or Paradox is wrong')
Because the only other options are 'we're both right (difficult) or we're both wrong (also difficult).
So...?
In post 29, TheGoldenParadox wrote:

What was the purpose of this post? Was it a joke post, or somewhat serious, or were you actually proposing a policy lynch on Beefster with the justification that there was a 5/12 chance of him being scum on top of that?
The purpose of the post was to;
1. Vote Beefster.
2. Explain why I voted Beefster.

There is a joke in there.
There is a policy lynch statement in there.
There is (with only the mildest of squints) an argument that I'm saying 'hey 5/12 let's roll dem bones' to the point I'm willing to agree I was saying that also.

I stand by all of the above and you absolutely caught me doing each and every one.
What of it?
UNVOTE: Thor665
This is 90% town. I like your response and it feels genuine.
TheGoldenParadox
TheGoldenParadox
he
Mafia Scum
TheGoldenParadox
he
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #80 (isolation #8) » Sat Feb 17, 2018 4:10 am

In post 8, wilky wrote:VOTE: Paradox

Trying to make something out of nothing
VOTE: Wilky
I understand it's supposed to be a joke, but chainsaw defensing someone the third post of the game? I could see you as scum not wanting to be on a mislynch wagon that doesn't go anywhere and trying to get onto who you know is a very mislynchable player, then claim that you started it as a joke and it shouldn't have be taken seriously when suspicion is on you.
TheGoldenParadox
TheGoldenParadox
he
Mafia Scum
TheGoldenParadox
he
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #84 (isolation #9) » Sat Feb 17, 2018 9:00 am

In post 82, BuJaber wrote:You missed the point. I wasn't saying you are more likely to be scum.
I was simply saying that if you were scum what you did could have been a successful gambit to mislynch a townie. Skitter is going too far and saying you actually are scum because of this. As for me I only agree with him on that a scum motivation does exist for doing it.

I am seeing a level of motivation from paradox that I have never seen (or heard about) before.
Well, I'm still a newbie.

We have 5 anti town roles. I am quite confident that lynching a lurker would be favorable to town in this setup.

UNVOTE:
VOTE: not mafia
I disagree. In my opinion, lynching a lurker will hurt town because in my opinion, scum would be slightly more motivated than town and would lurk less in this high proportion of scum.
TheGoldenParadox
TheGoldenParadox
he
Mafia Scum
TheGoldenParadox
he
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #89 (isolation #10) » Sat Feb 17, 2018 11:02 am

In post 85, wilky wrote:
In post 84, TheGoldenParadox wrote:
In post 82, BuJaber wrote:You missed the point. I wasn't saying you are more likely to be scum.
I was simply saying that if you were scum what you did could have been a successful gambit to mislynch a townie. Skitter is going too far and saying you actually are scum because of this. As for me I only agree with him on that a scum motivation does exist for doing it.

I am seeing a level of motivation from paradox that I have never seen (or heard about) before.

We have 5 anti town roles. I am quite confident that lynching a lurker would be favorable to town in this setup.

UNVOTE:
I disagree. In my opinion, lynching a lurker will hurt town because in my opinion, scum would be slightly more motivated than town and would lurk less in this high proportion of scum.

Can you answer my question?

If I was scum motivated to cause a mislynch on you on the first page why did I vote off of you in the first page too?
I feel your vote on LaserGuy could be due to the fact that he called you out on a decently valid point, and you voted him to minimize that. Could you please explain why you changed your vote?
TheGoldenParadox
TheGoldenParadox
he
Mafia Scum
TheGoldenParadox
he
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #92 (isolation #11) » Sun Feb 18, 2018 6:24 am

In post 91, wilky wrote:
In post 89, TheGoldenParadox wrote:
In post 85, wilky wrote:
In post 84, TheGoldenParadox wrote:

UNVOTE:

Can you answer my question?

If I was scum motivated to cause a mislynch on you on the first page why did I vote off of you in the first page too?
I feel your vote on LaserGuy could be due to the fact that he called you out on a decently valid point, and you voted him to minimize that. Could you please explain why you changed your vote?
Unless I was reading it wrong LaserGuy never seriously called me out and just added to the RVS stage. If I thought he was seriously calling me out would I place such an obvious omgus on him? Again, what would be the scum motivation for me to do that aswell? You seem to be calling me out for something that I just can't see motivation for scum!me to do.
The way I read it, he did call you out. I don't think a RVS ever existed in this game. What would be the scum motivation for you to OMGUS him? Well, he made a valid point against you that you were making nothing out of something, aka minimizing what I said. You OMGUSed him, I feel, because you wanted to minimize what he said.
TheGoldenParadox
TheGoldenParadox
he
Mafia Scum
TheGoldenParadox
he
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #198 (isolation #12) » Tue Feb 20, 2018 5:34 pm

I think Buj's frustration with beef and his desre to not be lynch just because no one cares is very genuine. Townreading him for it.
Skitter - what I don't understand is that you're immediately attacking Thor for making something binary and being able to win an argument. Can you please explain your thought process behind that?
Aside from that, I don't think I have much to contribute. Life is hitting me hard.
TheGoldenParadox
TheGoldenParadox
he
Mafia Scum
TheGoldenParadox
he
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #226 (isolation #13) » Wed Feb 21, 2018 10:48 am

In post 225, Not_Mafia wrote:wilky go byebye please
Why?
TheGoldenParadox
TheGoldenParadox
he
Mafia Scum
TheGoldenParadox
he
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #271 (isolation #14) » Fri Feb 23, 2018 3:55 am

OKay then. I'm sorry guys, I haven't been keeping up with the thread (I have been reading tl;dr's) but I'd appreciate it if people kept long posts spoilered and then included an unspoilered tl:dr at the end, it would really help.
I'll try to make a post over the weekend to accurately reflect my thoughts. However, I might not be able to finish.
I agree that Skitter and Thor are both probably town. I don't want to Pl them, because if they can keep argumentative long posts spoilered with tldr's, that's fine with me.
TheGoldenParadox
TheGoldenParadox
he
Mafia Scum
TheGoldenParadox
he
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #438 (isolation #15) » Mon Feb 26, 2018 3:30 am

In post 300, Korina wrote:
In post 274, Thor665 wrote:
In post 244, Thor665 wrote:
In post 240, Thor665 wrote:
In post 229, Korina wrote:So, my entire thing about that, is that I honestly have never seen town trying to set up arguments where they know the exact outcome. It seems like something mafia/wolf would do.
How would I know what the outcome would be?
You're, like Skitter, accussing me of being a mindreader/master manipulator with zero evidence to support said claim, and then acting like it's a valid call.
@Korina - I knew the outcome would be you missing the question, but let's go with this a second time.
@Korina - third time's the charm?
You said so yourself.

Also, I hardclaim Citizen rn. I'm a fucking citizen once again, and literally out of half the rolelist being non-citizen roles, I get citizen again. I really don't care if I'm ML'd d1, happens all the time, and idgaf tbh.
This doesn't look like real frustration. Geniune frustration looks towny. This seems more "I'm a VT. Screw this" in the most exaggerated way possible.
In post 326, Dr Fanta wrote:
In post 325, Dr Fanta wrote:
In post 324, Dr Fanta wrote:This little bit looks pretty genuine and also makes me think it's pretty clear that if Thor flips red, then BuJaber is in the clear.
Scratch this, still trying to get into the multiball mindset. Fml.
@Pepper
How would this change your read on BuJaber/Almost50?
Are you thinking you'd be left with no read or a townlean/read
Or could it perhaps be a MvW?

I don't exactly want to cause a head v head argument but I'm curious for the sake of the game what your thoughts are on this potential flip
- Fanta
Can you chat in your PTs about this and not clog up the thread thanks
In post 344, Beefster wrote:
In post 332, wilky wrote:Right, so i've just iso'd Laserguy and his iso does not read as active lurker at all so for now

VOTE: Dr Fanta
I agree. I'll sheep this.

The sheeping here seems E X T R E M E L Y oppurtunistic. I'm FoSing Beefster for this.

VOTE: Almost50
This is the most fake and horrible slot out there.

My lynch pool is like this: A50 > Wilky > Beefster.
If A50 is town, Esp is almost def scum. If A50's scum, Espeonage is almost def town. (Yes, I know we're in multiball).
TheGoldenParadox
TheGoldenParadox
he
Mafia Scum
TheGoldenParadox
he
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #554 (isolation #16) » Wed Feb 28, 2018 1:16 pm

In post 499, Dr Fanta wrote:
In post 497, Espeonage wrote:Sassy Fanta is sounding scummy.
It's ironic you say this directly after I mentioned that meta-checking exists, because sassy Viomi is town Viomi. Nice attempt to make something scummy that isn't, though. Good job. Here.

In post 548, Dr Fanta wrote:
In post 547, Not_Mafia wrote:Why are we not lynching Wilky?
Cause he's scum but he's quieter scum than Thor?
These are the two most horrible posts I've seen in the history of the game I've played(N_M's posts excluded). Either you're scum, or you're a town trying to pull off "too scummy to be scum." I'd bet the former in this incredibly high proportion of scum.

That's L-1.

Return to “Completed Open Games”