Micro 768: Geriatric Grey Flag Nightless - Game Over

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
BlackVoid
BlackVoid
Mafia Scum
BlackVoid
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #221 (isolation #0) » Sat Jan 20, 2018 7:06 am

Post by BlackVoid »

Hi. I'll be catching up over the next few days. As a heads up, I'm usually online in the mornings and after midnight.
BlackVoid
BlackVoid
Mafia Scum
BlackVoid
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #297 (isolation #1) » Sun Jan 28, 2018 11:29 am

Post by BlackVoid »

I'm here. Sorry for lack of posting. I don't know why I wasn't prodded before replacement. The mod seems aware of how prods work given he posted it in the OP. Will be catching up today since I have free time.
BlackVoid
BlackVoid
Mafia Scum
BlackVoid
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #327 (isolation #2) » Wed Jan 31, 2018 9:11 am

Post by BlackVoid »

Don't hammer just yet please. I know I'm taking way too long to catchup here and I probably shouldn't be playing mafia given lack of time and this will probably be my last game for a while. I just thought I could handle a geriatric game.
BlackVoid
BlackVoid
Mafia Scum
BlackVoid
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #328 (isolation #3) » Wed Jan 31, 2018 9:15 am

Post by BlackVoid »

Just to motivate myself to catchup, if I've not posted in-depth thoughts and contributions by tomorrow night (~36 hours), I won't argue with the mod just straightup replacing me out.
BlackVoid
BlackVoid
Mafia Scum
BlackVoid
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #343 (isolation #4) » Thu Feb 01, 2018 9:45 pm

Post by BlackVoid »

Here and catching up now.

@Jingle, the main reason I didn't want a hammer was that I wanted to read up on TGP so I could decide whether to go along with it or argue for an alternative. Wanting to get my thoughts in in case he was scum and I was vengekilled was secondary. But now that you brought it up, why did you think that I was an unlikely kill? Killing a player who hasn't posted anything is actually a good strategy for scum because the player might present a new, unbiased perspective of the game. I once replaced into a newbie game the night before lylo and got nightkilled before I could post because the last mafia member didn't want me to shake up the gamestate. Even if you did think that, I still feel that from your perspective, waiting for me to take a stance on TGP before he was flipped would help you get a better read on me after seeing the flip.
BlackVoid
BlackVoid
Mafia Scum
BlackVoid
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #346 (isolation #5) » Thu Feb 01, 2018 11:59 pm

Post by BlackVoid »

@Hopkirk, how exactly did you come to the conclusion that the "difficulty" of the wagon/reason it took so long implicates me? Can you also expand on your Korts/Reckoner theory? Those two are people I have as probably not scum together.
BlackVoid
BlackVoid
Mafia Scum
BlackVoid
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #350 (isolation #6) » Fri Feb 02, 2018 12:08 pm

Post by BlackVoid »

@Jingle, I don't understand how hammering someone resolves town apathy. You resolve apathy by posting content and engaging people. Regardless, I've heard that argument before (from town) so I'll chalk it up to playstyle.

But who are these "universal townreads" you speak of? Because I've been having quite a bit of trouble solidly setting aside anyone as town.
BlackVoid
BlackVoid
Mafia Scum
BlackVoid
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #357 (isolation #7) » Sat Feb 03, 2018 1:30 am

Post by BlackVoid »

@Hopkirk, .
BlackVoid
BlackVoid
Mafia Scum
BlackVoid
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #378 (isolation #8) » Tue Feb 06, 2018 2:18 pm

Post by BlackVoid »

Been busy the past couple of days but I will get around to this tonight and tomorrow.
BlackVoid
BlackVoid
Mafia Scum
BlackVoid
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #411 (isolation #9) » Fri Feb 09, 2018 12:07 pm

Post by BlackVoid »

First impression from the D1 Aristo lynch is that I'm not entirely sure I understand Jingle's reasoning for it. I do follow the reasoning. It's more that I felt like Aristo was lynchbait who wasn't really a strong town player and Jingle's push never really accounted for that. I'm trying to decide if he genuinely believed it or was taking advantage of someone he knew was far less articulate than he was.

Reckoner is the only person I have a townread on at the moment so I need to sort the rest. I'd really rather someone else put down a vote before him actually.
BlackVoid
BlackVoid
Mafia Scum
BlackVoid
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #432 (isolation #10) » Sun Feb 11, 2018 9:10 pm

Post by BlackVoid »

Skimmed quickly at work but Hopkirk having me as a top scumread is pretty scummy. I was waiting to see who would have me as a top push as I'm currently the easiest push right now. Will comment on the rest of his case in a bit.
BlackVoid
BlackVoid
Mafia Scum
BlackVoid
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #438 (isolation #11) » Mon Feb 12, 2018 12:26 am

Post by BlackVoid »

@Hopkirk, my lack of posting certainly isn't ideal and it's understandably pissing people off. In the past months when I've had a much less demanding schedule, I used to be extremely active in games but that changed once I started working a lot more hours lately. My only real solution there is to take a break from playing mafia after this game so as not to burden games with low activity.

I'm not complaining that I'm an easy push. I completely understand that other townies would be skeptical or frustrated. What I'm saying is that I expected scum to use that to drive a lynch and further a scum wincon. It's part of the reason I'm more confident in Reckoner being town. Digging his heels in and demanding that the moderator take action only really makes sense from someone who is trying to sort my slot and not wanting to lose the game because a player is inactive. Your response fits in a lot more with what I expected from scum i.e. arguing that my lack of posting constitutes not being town. It feels more like you are trying to rally people to get pissed off enough to vote me and seal your win.
BlackVoid
BlackVoid
Mafia Scum
BlackVoid
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #450 (isolation #12) » Mon Feb 12, 2018 9:20 pm

Post by BlackVoid »

In post 446, Lord Gurgi wrote:I am attempting to find a replacement for BlackVoid.
You started searching for a replacement twelve hours after I made a game-relevant post. Your rationale is that you said you would replace me if I needed another prod. I went for a 48 hour period without posting. Except during this time you were never online to actually prod me. You came back after I made a post. I don't think my activity level here is appropriate at all. But I also think you are being very inconsistent here and you have the exact same problem yourself, not being active enough. I went for several days without receiving a prod because you never bothered to check on the game, but you want to retro-actively use that as a reason to look for replacement. So, I'm not really interested in arguing to play in your game so I think me being replaced is the best option.

My final guess is still that Hopkrik is mafia. I thought the unvote of me right after I called him out was very weird. Even the initial suspicion of me was based on things not indicative of alignment. I wasn't entirely sure why people were townreading Insanity. I'd say it's less likely she's scum if I'm right about Hopkirk but I don't independently see a reason to townread her. I still don't like Jingle's push on Aristophanes and prematurely ending the day before I had a chance to influence the game and I think it might point to him being scum taking advantage of Aristophanes's lynchbait nature, then securing another mislynch and then hanging back in lylo. Reckoner is the only one I'm confident is town. I think Keychain and Korts could go either way really. Don't be bent on using associatives to rule people out because it's completely dependent on being right on certain reads which may or may not be the case.

With that said, I'm taking a break from the site. You won't see me in the coming months but when I reach a point where I'm able to play actively again, hope to see some of you guys around.
BlackVoid
BlackVoid
Mafia Scum
BlackVoid
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #503 (isolation #13) » Fri Feb 16, 2018 11:31 am

Post by BlackVoid »

@insanity, fair enough. I kept trying to stay in the game because I wanted to make this big, pro-town catchup post full of in-depth reads and then go from there but it really never panned out. The longer it took, the more I felt like I was in this game long enough without posting so felt obligated to catchup. Also, yeah I shouldn't have replaced in. I thought I could handle a short game. What I didn't realize was how content-dense it was even with a low page count. I certainly apologize to both you guys and the town.

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”