Player Titles - Ideas, Suggestions, & Comments

A subforum entirely dedicated to the discussion of titles. The title fairy has carte blanche in this subforum.
zakk
zakk
Jack of All Trades
zakk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #84 (isolation #0) » Wed Mar 08, 2017 7:58 am

Post by zakk »

I think you should incentivize people who suggest good titles or title ideas somehow.

Back on a game I used to play, people were given a lightbulb icon near their name if they had suggested an update that developers had implemented in the past. Perhaps a similar idea could work here, with a number of lightbulbs under people's names. They could be small and unobtrusive.

This also falls in line with an idea I had to put little medals under peoples names if they had won scummies in the past. They could exist side-by-side, and it could sort of be people's trophy case or something.

Or even if not in the user card on the left of people's posts, it could be in their profile if you click on their username. You would obviously have to talk to the dev team about this, but as the title fairy I think you could make a good argument, which they could understand and respect being that you hold a somewhat elevated position.

P.S. Glad you got made the title fairy. I think you'll make a great one. Also, I'm proud to have titled the title fairy :cool: Also also, I promise not to shitpost in your thread. Good luck. I'm excited for what is to come.
permanently retired

see here for more info
zakk
zakk
Jack of All Trades
zakk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #89 (isolation #1) » Wed Mar 08, 2017 3:08 pm

Post by zakk »

Encouraging
all
titles =/= encouraging
quality
titles.

It incentivizes making suggestions that will be
accepted
, not making joke suggestions.
permanently retired

see here for more info
zakk
zakk
Jack of All Trades
zakk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #92 (isolation #2) » Sat Mar 11, 2017 12:52 pm

Post by zakk »

One does not simply ... TAKE OVER ... FACE Day.
permanently retired

see here for more info
zakk
zakk
Jack of All Trades
zakk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #198 (isolation #3) » Tue Apr 25, 2017 12:20 pm

Post by zakk »

I hate sand. It's coarse, and gritty, and it gets everywhere
permanently retired

see here for more info
zakk
zakk
Jack of All Trades
zakk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #237 (isolation #4) » Tue Feb 20, 2018 12:03 pm

Post by zakk »

In post 231, Psyche wrote:hello friends
so im finishing the titlebot this weekend and have done some planning around it

things it'll do:
- maintain the op
- regular "votecounts"
- passively enforce certain rules
- implement titles
- support brainstorming of new titles

The introduction of titlebot shouldn't be very "big" experientially for the thread, instead just consisting of a more thorough and less haphazard approach to the whole title fairy 'thing'.

At the same time, however, I may do a bit of an experiment. I might be diminishing my role as arbiter over whether a title is good or not, and instead focus on just smoothly carrying out my administrative duties for the thread and enforcing its rules. This shift will accompany changes to said rules, though, with the goal of us having a title process whose output quality doesn't depend so much on the whims/tastes of the current fairy.

For example, the importance of my input on the aesthetic quality might be reduced to that of a normal user (eg ill have an nth and a counternom I can use to exert preferences like everyone else) on the one hand,
but
further focus might be placed on anti-noms, waiting periods, etc as tools for ensuring that titles *do* reflect community preferences and not just a subset thereof on the other.

All of this, again, will be experimental, and could be partially or even fully reverted/modified as
I become more and more horrified by the way you guys exercise your freedom
we observe how these principles play out in practice. But I think that it won't really change much about how the thread works. Rather, it'll impact
why
the thread works.
so i'm gonna go out on a limb here and guess that this never happened

psyche you cant just make a post and hope that that action in and of itself will motivate you to finish things. it doesn't work that way
permanently retired

see here for more info
zakk
zakk
Jack of All Trades
zakk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #239 (isolation #5) » Tue Feb 20, 2018 12:07 pm

Post by zakk »

give me your credit card number and i will give you everything you desire

slide into my DMs fam