Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #100 (ISO) » Wed Feb 21, 2018 5:00 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

@DeathNote the 1st/2nd/3rd stuff (who's on first lol) is basically a discussion of wifom play.
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #101 (ISO) » Wed Feb 21, 2018 5:29 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

Votecount 1.4

Vaxkiller(2)
~ ,

CooLDoG(2)
~ ,
Venmar(1)
~
SleepyKrew(1)
~
Sir Elton Hercules John(1)
~
pirate mollie(1)
~
Gödel(1)
~
Espeonage(1)
~
DeathNote(1)
~
Assemblerotws(1)
~

Not Voting (3): , hebichan, Assemblerotws

With 15 alive it takes 8 to lynch.

Day 1 deadline is in (expired on 2018-03-05 07:15:00)
green shirt thursdays
Venmar
Venmar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Venmar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #102 (ISO) » Wed Feb 21, 2018 6:49 am

Post by Venmar »

i hate making wallposts, geriatric in hindsight sucks
In post 91, Varsoon wrote:See, this is my issue with you here, it's one of rhetorical framing.
I'm not casing you, I'm 'tunneling' you.
I'm not explaining my thoughts, I'm 'providing damned-if-you-do-damned-if-you-dont play things'.
When I say you're more focused on presenting me in a way rather than engaging me, that's what I mean. You're constantly making these sort of revisionist declarations to the rest of the playerbase rather than just throwing down.
rhetorical framing is just kind of something that i do. i'm an extremely rhetorical debater and i'd like to know if that's an attitude you think is anti-town or scummy.

i mainly just see it more of as me describing what i think you're doing, and you going over my criticisms with me is my version of "throwing down", whatever that means. more importantly, casing someone doesn't mean you're not tunneling them, and describing your thoughts doesn't mean that your thoughts aren't "damned if you do damned if you don'". i'm just spelling out the way i am interpreting your posts and the way they are coming across as, i'm getting to the point. the matter of the fact is that yeah, you are casing me, which everyone can see, and i'm interpreting your attitude as you content on tunneling me via that. me being rhetorical about it doesn't make it not true

i also tend to post just assuming people know what i mean and see, so i'll quickly decipher my initial reaction: when i saw #55, i just saw it as varsoon harping on something i did and over-explaining that harp to justify slapping a vote on me. i assumed everyone would see it as that so in #59 i just dismissed it. i do think that varsoon buttoning down on it has boiled down to over-explaining and over-justifying at this point. i think me indulging varsoon by engaging with him exposes me quite a bit, which i happily do as town, and forces him to button down on his initial reasoning, which he has, happily. :shifty: :shifty:
In post 91, Varsoon wrote:--you're playing contrary to scum playing as scum and playing a level of wifom over scum playing as town. It's not so much damned if you do or don't, it's that I don't find nearly as many justifications for you playing the way you're playing if I assume a town point of view.
the fact you cannot see what i did as something town would do baffles me. unless you're scum, you don't know the alignment of elton or cooldog, meaning my action is scummy regardless of the alignments of the people i voted and unvoted. this means the door has to be open to me being just a townie jumping wagons, in fucking rvs, looking for random reactions. the amount of wifom loops and inception you're jumping through to justify that i would do it as scum is just extremely convoluted in my eyes at this point. i just did it because i felt like doing it, it's just how i play.

i think my initial reaction of not caring, made you continue scumread me (probably indicated by your comment in #73) because that puts me in the "first-level scum" category of just doing it and moving on. then when i indulged you by defending myself, you continue to scumread me by putting me in the "third-level scum" category because i did it meta-critically. there is no indication that you have even considered the town pov here and were ready to pidgeonhole me into either reasoning regardless of my reaction.
In post 96, CooLDoG wrote:
In post 68, Venmar wrote:will say that i think my negative ability is actually a net positive for the town all things considered, and my self/passive equally so.
How is it negative if you are town then?
upon reanalysis my negative hurts all factions equally but yeah it's more negative than i thought due to a caveat i missed. srry

i'll just drop my vote for now
UNVOTE: CooLDog

varsoon townread is now officially dead for me, will evaluate if it requires a vote later

my initial impression of pirate mollie's post #95 is also sketch since it all feels like she's trying not to offend anyone with it. lots of avoiding of toe-stepping going on here
In post 97, Gamma Emerald wrote:but I'll wait to push this way, have read Venmar wrong before
first of, can i just say, you format your posts like ass and it took me forever to find this? second, yes. reread valentines mafia and make the connections!
I swear I'm trying my best

--Expect me to be V/LA from 10am-7pm PST every Mon, Wed, Thurs, Sat, Sun due to work--
Napoleon III
Napoleon III
Townie
Napoleon III
Townie
Townie

Post Post #103 (ISO) » Wed Feb 21, 2018 7:14 am

Post by Napoleon III »

In post 98, SleepyKrew wrote:why are long posts happening
People want to optimize their posts because they think 10 a day is restrictive!

I think it's cute.
Geriatric Alt of Aristophanes

Vive la France!
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #104 (ISO) » Wed Feb 21, 2018 10:23 am

Post by Varsoon »

I'll dip into my reserve, if only to say
People hiding behind making 10 short crummy posts are the worst.
"Lol brah cants engage you, ran outta posts sayin garbage."
SleepyKrew
SleepyKrew
he/him
Snark Attack
SleepyKrew
he/him
Snark Attack
Snark Attack
Pronoun: he/him
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #105 (ISO) » Wed Feb 21, 2018 10:26 am

Post by SleepyKrew »

how the f are people running out of posts
I will read this tonight probably
To be clear: quack
Mathdino
Mathdino
Survivor
Mathdino
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #106 (ISO) » Wed Feb 21, 2018 10:32 am

Post by Mathdino »

HOT TAKE: The wallposts ARE the garbage (except mollie's, which is post restricted). Varsoon/Venmar's posts these past 3 pages have added nothing to the game for me.

Hard townreading mollie. Goodpost. That said, I don't think Varsoon lying about his scumgame is AI; everyone likes to downplay their scumgame as either alignment. I, for example, suck at scum.

Gamma saying "THIS COULD BE SCUM YO" at all 3 of the most active players is annoying af. Seems like it's more indicative of his emotional state (suspicious) than actual reads, lol.
Gamma why u still voting UT boyo?
Godel's Vax vote was just bad, that's mainly it.

@DeathNote: My understanding is that the roles were created and then the alignments were randomised. Like, my neg ability is so potentially ruinous for town (at least IMO) that I think the benefit scum get out of just using it and claiming their neg ability is something else, far FAR outweighs the potential towncred I could get for getting up on stage and saying HEY GUYS I'M NOT USING MY NEGATIVE ABILITY LOOK AT HOW TOWN I AM. Which I accept is pretty much what I did there.

For the people still not voting and RVS voting, can we get a wagon on Godel going? Shit Vax vote, obviously Vax not knowing if I was a Mathblade alt is not alignment indicative.
hebichan
hebichan
She/Her/Hisss
Mafia Scum
hebichan
She/Her/Hisss
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: She/Her/Hisss

Post Post #107 (ISO) » Wed Feb 21, 2018 10:43 am

Post by hebichan »

In post 42, Gödel wrote:
In post 25, Vaxkiller wrote:Hey mathdino, I havent asked this yet but are you a mathblade alt?
VOTE: Vaxkiller

Did you not read the first post?
Hotter Take, post restrictions are garbage.

Anyhow, I missed the game opening, but after reading through and reading, I think your stated reasoning is kinda wacky, but the fact he vanished after the vax vote is sus.

So sure

VOTE: godel
Mathdino
Mathdino
Survivor
Mathdino
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #108 (ISO) » Wed Feb 21, 2018 10:49 am

Post by Mathdino »

FLAMING TAKE: any posts with a full paragraph are garbage

Godel is always not-that-active due to time zones and RL and shit. pls no discrediting my wagon with bad logic thx

You don't think that post is genuinely scummy?
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #109 (ISO) » Wed Feb 21, 2018 10:51 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 106, Mathdino wrote:HOT TAKE: The wallposts ARE the garbage (except mollie's, which is post restricted). Varsoon/Venmar's posts these past 3 pages have added nothing to the game for me.

Hard townreading mollie. Goodpost. That said, I don't think Varsoon lying about his scumgame is AI; everyone likes to downplay their scumgame as either alignment. I, for example, suck at scum.

Gamma saying "THIS COULD BE SCUM YO" at all 3 of the most active players is annoying af. Seems like it's more indicative of his emotional state (suspicious) than actual reads, lol.
Gamma why u still voting UT boyo?
Godel's Vax vote was just bad, that's mainly it.

@DeathNote: My understanding is that the roles were created and then the alignments were randomised. Like, my neg ability is so potentially ruinous for town (at least IMO) that I think the benefit scum get out of just using it and claiming their neg ability is something else, far FAR outweighs the potential towncred I could get for getting up on stage and saying HEY GUYS I'M NOT USING MY NEGATIVE ABILITY LOOK AT HOW TOWN I AM. Which I accept is pretty much what I did there.

For the people still not voting and RVS voting, can we get a wagon on Godel going? Shit Vax vote, obviously Vax not knowing if I was a Mathblade alt is not alignment indicative.
I ended up townreading Venmar, pls MD, pay attention. I think I try to be realistic about my scumgame, but I feel like sometimes I oversell my towngame btw.
I was still voting UT cos I didn't see any non-RVS wagons I was interested in (until now). Your Godel reasons seem appealing tho so
VOTE: Godel
PEdit: crispy take; we should just let people post however unless it's just not working or it seems scummy.
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
hebichan
hebichan
She/Her/Hisss
Mafia Scum
hebichan
She/Her/Hisss
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: She/Her/Hisss

Post Post #110 (ISO) » Wed Feb 21, 2018 10:53 am

Post by hebichan »

In post 108, Mathdino wrote:FLAMING TAKE: any posts with a full paragraph are garbage

Godel is always not-that-active due to time zones and RL and shit. pls no discrediting my wagon with bad logic thx

You don't think that post is genuinely scummy?
I misread the post tbh.

Looking at it again, it does look like hes just trying to find an excuse to vote.

I'm going to read closer here before I post again.
Espeonage
Espeonage
any
Survivor
Espeonage
any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: any

Post Post #111 (ISO) » Wed Feb 21, 2018 10:56 am

Post by Espeonage »

mod I'm vla for the weekend. I still intend to find some time to post
Don't @ me.
Sir Elton Hercules John
Sir Elton Hercules John
Goon
Sir Elton Hercules John
Goon
Goon

Post Post #112 (ISO) » Wed Feb 21, 2018 12:50 pm

Post by Sir Elton Hercules John »

I don't care how people want to post, although people being more careful about how they post is making it hard for me to that thing where someone walks up to me and yells "HELLO I AM SCUM PLEASE VOTE ME NOW".

I'm fine with
vote: Godel
for right now, his vote was icky
Mathdino
Mathdino
Survivor
Mathdino
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #113 (ISO) » Wed Feb 21, 2018 1:07 pm

Post by Mathdino »

Okay to be clear I'm not calling wallposting garbage, I'm specifically calling the Varsoon vs Venmar argument garbage. Like I can't even point to it and go "THAT'S TvT LET'S DO SOMETHING ELSE", it's just garbage that doesn't help me read either of them.

People being careful about their posts is definitely a weird phenomenon in geriatric games. I started out giving a shit in Aeronaut's game but then I realised 10 posts per day is a lot anyway and it's often hard to reach that without multiposting. Tbh geriatric ruleset mainly serves to stop my multiposting (and makes me want to use posts to respond to more than one person).

If there's scum mucking up my awesome Godel wagon, it's probably Gamma.

@hebichan:
How were you originally reading Godel's post?
Vaxkiller
Vaxkiller
Jack of All Trades
Vaxkiller
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #114 (ISO) » Wed Feb 21, 2018 3:35 pm

Post by Vaxkiller »

In post 102, Venmar wrote:i hate making wallposts, geriatric in hindsight sucks
Yes, Yes! 1000 times YES!

I think i'dd rather read through 20 pages of shit posts and random vote something that bothers me.
Vaxkiller is not anti-vaccine, he is a killer of Vax machines.

Games played.
Vaxkiller
Vaxkiller
Jack of All Trades
Vaxkiller
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #115 (ISO) » Wed Feb 21, 2018 3:39 pm

Post by Vaxkiller »

Math dino I was going to ask that you answer my question but you dont really need to, you seem pretty townie to me, along with varsoon. I'm totally going to use my neg utility tonight and I'm sorry, I mean its not that bad, prolly sorta kinda.

Games played.
Vaxkiller
Vaxkiller
Jack of All Trades
Vaxkiller
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #116 (ISO) » Wed Feb 21, 2018 3:41 pm

Post by Vaxkiller »

Godel? I can dig.

[post=Gödel]Gödel[/post]

Still bothered that all of you are hailing someone I really don't know.

Games played.
Vaxkiller
Vaxkiller
Jack of All Trades
Vaxkiller
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #117 (ISO) » Wed Feb 21, 2018 3:41 pm

Post by Vaxkiller »

Fuck.

VOTE: Gödel

Games played.
DeathNote
DeathNote
Mafia Scum
DeathNote
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #118 (ISO) » Wed Feb 21, 2018 3:56 pm

Post by DeathNote »

I'm back and catching up. I do like that the required posting style slows things down so I can read easier. I get very flustered going through 20 pages of fluff but I can see how people work better that way too. Easier to catch scum tells through interactions when they are allowed to interact more.

Speaking of which, I think there are a couple people who haven't posted yet. Is that correct?
Looking for love in Alderaan places.
CooLDoG
CooLDoG
Mafia Scum
CooLDoG
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #119 (ISO) » Wed Feb 21, 2018 4:35 pm

Post by CooLDoG »

[Vote:] vote: mathino[/b]
For two mainreasons:
1) rolefish on varsoon seems scummy to me this early. On one han it could be wifom (math really should be trusted) but on the other han it seems that any person who would benfit from being trusted would not want to out that fact on d1. Scumhave lessto loose due to not being nk targets (barring multi_ball of course).
2) his post about wall posting is bad and reads to me as an active attempt to reduce town discussion in a post restricted game. More info is good. And e must also note math's own hypocracy of "no post over a paragraph" while he goes on to make posts well over that. This indicates that obviously there is a place for prolonged discussion an that if he is town he obviously thought making a long post was good in that case.
after a wank.
CooLDoG
CooLDoG
Mafia Scum
CooLDoG
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #120 (ISO) » Wed Feb 21, 2018 4:37 pm

Post by CooLDoG »

Vote: mathdino

Also @mod, do corrective posts like this count towards the daily limit?
after a wank.
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #121 (ISO) » Wed Feb 21, 2018 4:38 pm

Post by xRECKONERx »

In post 120, CooLDoG wrote:
vote: mathdino

Also @mod, do corrective posts like this count towards the daily limit?
If it's simply to issue a correction, no. But if it happens too frequently, I will start counting it.
green shirt thursdays
Mathdino
Mathdino
Survivor
Mathdino
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #122 (ISO) » Wed Feb 21, 2018 4:43 pm

Post by Mathdino »

@Vax: I did answer your question, in the post right after you asked it.

@DeathNote: There are a couple people who haven't posted, yeah, but all people we can reasonably expect to never post. coughassemblercough

@CoolDog: You know "HOT TAKE" is a meme right? I'm a dyed-in-the-wool wallposter, lol. I particularly think Venmar/Varsoon's wall vs wall is garbage, but walls are in general fine and I'm good reading them.
I feel like you should be able to understand sarcasm?
Also your setup spec on me is, if anything, more anti-town than what I did. I literally mean "You can trust me" because I'm town. Full stop, nothing more.

can someone tell me if cooldog is always like this

like that could've been a fair reason to vote me ("oh ho ho mathdino is rolefishing for neg abilities") but that's 3 levels of bad
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #123 (ISO) » Wed Feb 21, 2018 5:00 pm

Post by Varsoon »

In post 119, CooLDoG wrote: 2) his post about wall posting is bad and reads to me as an active attempt to reduce town discussion in a post restricted game. More info is good. And e must also note math's own hypocracy of "no post over a paragraph" while he goes on to make posts well over that. This indicates that obviously there is a place for prolonged discussion an that if he is town he obviously thought making a long post was good in that case.
I agree that the whole "I CANT ENGAGE WITH THEM POSTS NOT EVEN GONNA CALL IT TOWN V TOWN" when, really, it should be super easy to get plenty of info about how both Venmar and I are going about this game from those posts and help folks discern a lot about our slots and, possibly, alignments.

Also not a huge fan of this followed up "Can people tell me if CooLDoG does this?" thing. It's like, homie, what does it matter if he does this? It's this game right now. Make a goddamn judgment call, stop stepping back from literally everything and avoiding having to have a stake in it.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #124 (ISO) » Wed Feb 21, 2018 5:02 pm

Post by Varsoon »

Wow my first sentence there is all fucked.
I agree that Mathdino's schtick is lame and non-committal.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”