Mathdino
Survivor
Mathdino
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #125 (ISO) » Wed Feb 21, 2018 5:08 pm

Post by Mathdino »

i would much rather you and venmar talk about things that are not each other
telling each other what your read on the other is in a convoluted "what would scum do" discussion doesn't help as much

i've made calls on everyone who's substantially posted EXCEPT you and venmar (and cooldog), but your view of the game is centred around you and venmar, so w/e

and it does in fact matter whether cooldog is standardly incapable of understanding sarcasm; i almost got lynched when i was a newbie for being like that

regardless

town: DeathNote, hebichan, mollie, UT (doesn't feel like scumsheep), Vax
nulltown: Varsoon, SKrew
meh: Gamma, Assembler, Venmar, Cooldog
probscum: Godel
Gödel
Gödel
Goon
Gödel
Goon
Goon

Post Post #126 (ISO) » Wed Feb 21, 2018 6:11 pm

Post by Gödel »

Mathdino could you repeat your argument why I am scum? It seems to me your post and are the only reasons and tbh they kinda of suck.

Going to look into the wagon forming on me tonight, I hope there are some better reasons in there.
Mathdino
Mathdino
Survivor
Mathdino
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #127 (ISO) » Wed Feb 21, 2018 6:14 pm

Post by Mathdino »

your vote was bad and that was mainly it (gg page 2 scumhunting)

was that a serious vote you were making on vaxkiller

i await your return
DeathNote
DeathNote
Mafia Scum
DeathNote
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #128 (ISO) » Wed Feb 21, 2018 7:27 pm

Post by DeathNote »

In post 106, Mathdino wrote:@DeathNote: My understanding is that the roles were created and then the alignments were randomised. Like, my neg ability is so potentially ruinous for town (at least IMO) that I think the benefit scum get out of just using it and claiming their neg ability is something else, far FAR outweighs the potential towncred I could get for getting up on stage and saying HEY GUYS I'M NOT USING MY NEGATIVE ABILITY LOOK AT HOW TOWN I AM. Which I accept is pretty much what I did there.
I'm not going to delve too deep into the theory crafting but don't you think its possible that Mafia have there own abilities and don't follow the format that we do?

After seeing how quick the Godel wagon is forming, I am reasonably sure there was a scumboi within those last 3 votes. Honestly, I am a bit shocked at the lack of reasoning... I get wanting to sheep but there is some pretty pathetic votes being tossed around. Elton stated his vote was Icky and I'm suppose to think that's good enough?

If you want to vote Godel for a shit vote, can you explain the shit part of the vote at least? I haven't seen that reasoning yet.

Update: Varsoon may not be confirmed town yet but he sure as hell is a man after my own heart. This is in conjunction to "Who the fuck cares about meta?"

You know what... I'm gonna post everything I see about this case against Godel and the wagon that follows so that maybe I can get people to see what I see.

Godel Case and Recent Votes

Spoiler: Initial Vote
In post 48, Mathdino wrote:
In post 42, Gödel wrote:
In post 25, Vaxkiller wrote:Hey mathdino, I havent asked this yet but are you a mathblade alt?
VOTE: Vaxkiller

Did you not read the first post?
VOTE: Godel

dude's always scum, let's get a real wagon going

i also got my first choice even though i also lowkey wanted my 2nd

i assume napoleon is kesha

Godel votes Vax because if Vax had read all of the first page, he would have known that Mathblade helped design the game and thus couldn't be in the game. Is the vote serious? Fuck if I know but apparently it's scummy.

Spoiler: Hebi's Vote
In post 107, hebichan wrote:
In post 42, Gödel wrote:
In post 25, Vaxkiller wrote:Hey mathdino, I havent asked this yet but are you a mathblade alt?
VOTE: Vaxkiller

Did you not read the first post?
Hotter Take, post restrictions are garbage.

Anyhow, I missed the game opening, but after reading through and reading, I think your stated reasoning is kinda wacky, but the fact he vanished after the vax vote is sus.

So sure

VOTE: godel

First vote to follow is from Hebi which is... an ok vote actually but when followed up by this:

Spoiler: Hebi Response
In post 110, hebichan wrote:
In post 108, Mathdino wrote:FLAMING TAKE: any posts with a full paragraph are garbage

Godel is always not-that-active due to time zones and RL and shit. pls no discrediting my wagon with bad logic thx

You don't think that post is genuinely scummy?
I misread the post tbh.

Looking at it again, it does look like hes just trying to find an excuse to vote.

I'm going to read closer here before I post again.

Then I start to wonder if hebi is just voting to vote. "Oh I misread, yeah I agree with you!" This reads as scum budding town. How is voting during the RVS stage relate to just finding an excuse to vote? Thats more of what you just did, not what he did 1st post of the game.

Spoiler: Elton's Vote
In post 112, Sir Elton Hercules John wrote:I'm fine with vote: Godel for right now, his vote was icky

I've already explained this but to reiterate, I don't think Elton voted because he thinks Godel could be scum but I also just think it was a lazy town vote. Maybe I'm wrong.

Spoiler: Vax's Vote
In post 116, Vaxkiller wrote:Godel? I can dig.

[post=Gödel]Gödel[/post]

Still bothered that all of you are hailing someone I really don't know.

Final vote... geeze. The bandwagon is real with this one.

I guess what I'm trying to say is... that 2 of these imo are lazy town and 1 of these is opportunistic scum.
Looking for love in Alderaan places.
Mathdino
Mathdino
Survivor
Mathdino
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #129 (ISO) » Wed Feb 21, 2018 7:36 pm

Post by Mathdino »

Incidentally, I actually agree with you on scum being on the wagon (and also think there's scum on this wagon regardless of Godel's alignment).

Re: Godel's vote: Vax not having read the first post is super obviously NAI; scum have no more reason to know who reviewed this game than town do. So it seems like Godel was just jumping on someone being bad (in fact, I think Vax not knowing who I am makes him slightly more likely to be town). The fact that Godel kept his vote makes me think it's serious, which isn't great.

Re: My vote: I maintain that Godel's vote being bad was a great reason for a page 2 wagon.

Re: The wagon:
- You forgot Gamma
- I agree hebi's follow-up is gut-weird. Not sure if it's scum indicative though.
- UT and Vax are probtown tbh
All that said, wagons generate content, yadda yadda.

Waiting on Godel's catch-up and analysis right now.

On setup spec, I'm pretty sure that idea is disproven by the setup design portion of the sign-up thread.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #130 (ISO) » Thu Feb 22, 2018 3:35 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

wowrip the one thing I was likely going to say to DN on that post got ninja'd by mathdino
I guess I'll ask: which vote do you think most likely comes from scum DeathNote?
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Vaxkiller
Vaxkiller
Jack of All Trades
Vaxkiller
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #131 (ISO) » Thu Feb 22, 2018 4:06 am

Post by Vaxkiller »

@deathnote

Are you town reading Godel?
Vaxkiller is not anti-vaccine, he is a killer of Vax machines.

Games played.
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #132 (ISO) » Thu Feb 22, 2018 4:57 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

Votecount 1.5

Vaxkiller(2)
~ ,
Mathdino(1)
~
Venmar(1)
~
SleepyKrew(1)
~
CooLDoG(1)
~
Assemblerotws(1)
~

Not Voting (3): , , Assemblerotws

With 15 alive it takes 8 to lynch.

Day 1 deadline is in (expired on 2018-03-05 07:15:00)
green shirt thursdays
Venmar
Venmar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Venmar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #133 (ISO) » Thu Feb 22, 2018 6:17 am

Post by Venmar »

In post 106, Mathdino wrote:Hard townreading mollie. Goodpost.
i disagree, please elaborate

mathdino's dismissal of the posting between Varsoon and I as "garbage" feels incredibly disingenuous and unnecessarily dismissive, almost as if he wants everyone just to gloss over it. regardless of what you think of the points made by varsoon or i, or what you think of wallposting, to call it "garbage" is a force since i think most people should have a decent read on both varsoon and i by now. bonus points for cooldog who mirror telled me on some of this.
In post 122, Mathdino wrote:@CoolDog: You know "HOT TAKE" is a meme right? I'm a dyed-in-the-wool wallposter, lol. I particularly think Venmar/Varsoon's wall vs wall is garbage, but walls are in general fine and I'm good reading them.
I feel like you should be able to understand sarcasm?
Also your setup spec on me is, if anything, more anti-town than what I did. I literally mean "You can trust me" because I'm town. Full stop, nothing more.
don't like this line of response to cooldog, it reads a lot like math just dismissing the criticism rather than addressing it. more accurately, the last sentence reads a lot like as math deflecting the criticism, as if effectively saying
"i know that what i did was scummy/anti-town, but what
you
did was
more
so!"

also really don't like the godel wagon atm

VOTE: Mathdino
I swear I'm trying my best

--Expect me to be V/LA from 10am-7pm PST every Mon, Wed, Thurs, Sat, Sun due to work--
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #134 (ISO) » Thu Feb 22, 2018 6:23 am

Post by Varsoon »

Finally, something Venmar and I entirely agree on.

Venmar
Venmar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Venmar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #135 (ISO) » Thu Feb 22, 2018 6:24 am

Post by Venmar »

the V's will take over this mortal realm one day

--Expect me to be V/LA from 10am-7pm PST every Mon, Wed, Thurs, Sat, Sun due to work--
pirate mollie
pirate mollie
thingmaker
pirate mollie
thingmaker
thingmaker

Post Post #136 (ISO) » Thu Feb 22, 2018 6:35 am

Post by pirate mollie »

In post 99, DeathNote wrote:Reading through Mollies post... I can't meta anyone here honestly and probably won't ever make a meta argument but I am interested to see 2 people already counter Varsoon's meta play.

@Mollie - What posts from Venmar are defensive to you?
post #. it just seems like a "BACK THE FUCK ARRGGHH" post that I wld expect any1 to make for the reasons that varsoona ran him up for. what I like about is the follow back and forth on both sides even if I do feel like watching movie w/o subtitles. I think venny defended himself pretty well and his reasoning and thinking holds up under scrutiny.

HOWEVER

I am not as sold on varsoona as you and every1 who are chugging the kool aid that he is so generously providing on him being town. he is softing that this can somewhat be proven, or something, so cool, I can give him his space. but I am not taking my eyes off of him for a split second cos I know how sneaky he can be and I am telling you he is not being quite as genuine as he is trying to come across. he is serving subterfuge pie and you are asking for more and not even wondering what is in it.

you dislike meta okay w/e, it is a tool I heavily rely on but I am not depended on it, I have other tools in my box. I am not going to be too overly reliant on it cos I know it is outdated and pple change. I have changed. I have been playing on another site (including my homesite) for almost a year, and wld you believe that in all this time I have not told any1 to fuck off yet? surprising isn't it? I have learned to trust my gut over how I expect pple to play and whether or not they live up to it.

why did you hop off assembly?

@ venny

OMYGOD MOLLIE ISN'T GETTING INTO A SHITSTORM PISSING MATCH SHE MUST BE SCUMZORZZ!!!

hell hath frozen over cos I don't really feel like having 1. there are other ways to get my reads that a lot more pleasant and a lot more fun. who knew

speaking of

@espy

you promised to flirt with me, you better follow it up cos I am already dozing. my read on you is directly proportionate to how much you make me swoon.

@ friend gamma

hi. come talk to me. tell me what you see
whew!
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #137 (ISO) » Thu Feb 22, 2018 6:37 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

@mollie See about what? General game thoughts are maybe MD might be scum but I kinda wanna ride this wagon out for a while.
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
pirate mollie
pirate mollie
thingmaker
pirate mollie
thingmaker
thingmaker

Post Post #138 (ISO) » Thu Feb 22, 2018 6:52 am

Post by pirate mollie »

In post 133, Venmar wrote:
In post 106, Mathdino wrote:Hard townreading mollie. Goodpost.
i disagree, please elaborate

mathdino's dismissal of the posting between Varsoon and I as "garbage" feels incredibly disingenuous and unnecessarily dismissive, almost as if he wants everyone just to gloss over it. regardless of what you think of the points made by varsoon or i, or what you think of wallposting, to call it "garbage" is a force since i think most people should have a decent read on both varsoon and i by now. bonus points for cooldog who mirror telled me on some of this.
In post 122, Mathdino wrote:@CoolDog: You know "HOT TAKE" is a meme right? I'm a dyed-in-the-wool wallposter, lol. I particularly think Venmar/Varsoon's wall vs wall is garbage, but walls are in general fine and I'm good reading them.
Also your setup spec on me is, if anything, more anti-town than what I did. I literally mean "You can trust me" because I'm town. Full stop, nothing more.
don't like this line of response to cooldog, it reads a lot like math just dismissing the criticism rather than addressing it. more accurately, the last sentence reads a lot like as math deflecting the criticism, as if effectively saying
"i know that what i did was scummy/anti-town, but what
you
did was
more
so!"

also really don't like the godel wagon atm

if you have something to say, just say it bro. if you think that I am scum you better be coughing up something more than, "mollie hasn't got into a pissing match with any1" cos THAT is hot steaming feces.

don't talk about me talk
to
me
whew!
CooLDoG
CooLDoG
Mafia Scum
CooLDoG
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #139 (ISO) » Thu Feb 22, 2018 6:53 am

Post by CooLDoG »

In post 122, Mathdino wrote: @CoolDog: You know "HOT TAKE" is a meme right? I'm a dyed-in-the-wool wallposter, lol. I particularly think Venmar/Varsoon's wall vs wall is garbage, but walls are in general fine and I'm good reading them.

can someone tell me if cooldog is always like this

like that could've been a fair reason to vote me ("oh ho ho mathdino is rolefishing for neg abilities") but that's 3 levels of bad
If you thought that the specific wall vs wall is garbage why make the sentiment general. Also, it becomes clear from this admission that you were not actually being fully sarcastic, you actually meant that the longer posts were bad. Thus, the criticism still stands and sarcasm/irony are not a valid defense. Also, I could just as easily assert that your wall posts are bad for the same reasons you gave for the venmar/varsoon discussion (wall vs. wall posting hurts town), and you wouldn't have a leg to stand on. So I'm not sure how this really address my point, which is that encouraging the town to make less substantive posts is something that scum would want to do, and that you have done.

On the role fish point: a misrep and missing the point. If you read my post you will notice that I never mentioned rolefishing for either positive or negative abilities, rather fishing for varsoon's trust in general. It could be or it could not be the case that the "trust" of varsoon is positive in town hands or it is only negative in the hands of scum. However, either way (or in both ways) it would behoove scum to try to get this "trust" for certainly it would hurt the town to do so. As I mentioned before, it would be silly for any town person to angle for trust in such a way, especially on D1 for either it exposes them as a potential scum target for an nk at worst, and is wifom at best. So simply defering the conversation to a mischaracterization of "fishing for negs" does not actually address the point that I have made. Nor does simply assert that you are town as a good justification alleviate the criticism, for then it would seem to be implied that all town people ought to angle for varsoon's trust, which obviously is not a tenable strat (for scum would then be forced to do the same).

my vote stays.
after a wank.
pirate mollie
pirate mollie
thingmaker
pirate mollie
thingmaker
thingmaker

Post Post #140 (ISO) » Thu Feb 22, 2018 6:56 am

Post by pirate mollie »

I feel like I am in alternate universe because I disagree with almost all of the vocal posters in this game :(

@ gamma - what else do you got
whew!
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #141 (ISO) » Thu Feb 22, 2018 7:00 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Kinda townreading you and Ven
Warsoon no real opinion on but my Ven/Var opinions will likely be independent of MathDino's alignment
Also what's that about MathDino taking issue with rolefishing? If it is what I think it is he's getting voted
<Embrace The Void>

CooLDoG
CooLDoG
Mafia Scum
CooLDoG
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #142 (ISO) » Thu Feb 22, 2018 7:04 am

Post by CooLDoG »

In post 57, Varsoon wrote:iirc they were a delayed IC as well and I am not sure if they had claimed it or not.
Still, it was a total clusterfuck.

That said, CooLDoG, can I trust you? My negative ability literally requires me to trust another player.
In post 58, Mathdino wrote:you can trust me

my negative ability literally has 0 positive utility for town and is confirmable by the fact that i won't use it

in fact is there any negative utility in just claiming neg abilities
Literally the post after varsoon's soft claim, math tries to get trusted.
after a wank.
Venmar
Venmar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Venmar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #143 (ISO) » Thu Feb 22, 2018 7:13 am

Post by Venmar »

In post 138, pirate mollie wrote:if you have something to say, just say it bro. if you think that I am scum you better be coughing up something more than, "mollie hasn't got into a pissing match with any1" cos THAT is hot steaming feces.

don't talk about me talk
to
me
In post 102, Venmar wrote:my initial impression of pirate mollie's post #95 is also sketch since it all feels like she's trying not to offend anyone with it. lots of avoiding of toe-stepping going on here
im sorry that you missed it

also idk what the "pissing match" stuff is about lol? i dont even remember how you play

Venmar
Venmar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Venmar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #144 (ISO) » Thu Feb 22, 2018 7:16 am

Post by Venmar »

In post 136, pirate mollie wrote:I am not as sold on varsoona as you and every1 who are chugging the kool aid that he is so generously providing on him being town. he is softing that this can somewhat be proven, or something, so cool, I can give him his space. but I am not taking my eyes off of him for a split second cos I know how sneaky he can be and I am telling you he is not being quite as genuine as he is trying to come across. he is serving subterfuge pie and you are asking for more and not even wondering what is in it.
also stuff is like this is what i think shows pretty well that mollie is being pretty non-commital atm and continues the impression i initially got from #95.

pirate mollie
pirate mollie
thingmaker
pirate mollie
thingmaker
thingmaker

Post Post #145 (ISO) » Thu Feb 22, 2018 7:50 am

Post by pirate mollie »

In post 144, Venmar wrote:
In post 136, pirate mollie wrote:I am not as sold on varsoona as you and every1 who are chugging the kool aid that he is so generously providing on him being town. he is softing that this can somewhat be proven, or something, so cool, I can give him his space. but I am not taking my eyes off of him for a split second cos I know how sneaky he can be and I am telling you he is not being quite as genuine as he is trying to come across. he is serving subterfuge pie and you are asking for more and not even wondering what is in it.
also stuff is like this is what i think shows pretty well that mollie is being pretty non-commital atm and continues the impression i initially got from #95.
lol, noncommittal is incredibly LOLOLOLOLOL ironic considering my targeted role. I am trying to take a back seat and watch things play out so that I figure out who's world I want to fuck up by 1v1. <-------- that is gonna take some srs commitment.

I don't wanna be wrong or stupid about it.

in the last game I played here ages ago, I threw the game by voting town when we were in a really good place to win. I royally, royally fucked up cos I got mad and I haven't been back since.

there are historical reasons for my reticence as well as lol, my role.

so just give me some space. just cos I am not doing a whole heck of a lot on the outside doesn't mean that I am not paying attention cos I am.
whew!
Venmar
Venmar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Venmar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #146 (ISO) » Thu Feb 22, 2018 8:00 am

Post by Venmar »

my criticism has been very mild, don't know how i am taking up your "space" to warrant me needing to give you space. i think you're taking a back seat and not committing to anything, which you explicitly just admitted. i don't think admitting it makes you immune from me criticizing you for it.

also, pulling the "oh im just saving my energy to NUKE someone!" reads a lot like "i want a pass until i feel like actually contributing to the game", which i don't like. it's also contradictory since in #46 you seem eager to begin a tunnel and now that i've pointed out you're just sitting around instead, you're reverting to being reserved about it.

DeathNote
DeathNote
Mafia Scum
DeathNote
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #147 (ISO) » Thu Feb 22, 2018 8:07 am

Post by DeathNote »

In post 131, Vaxkiller wrote:@deathnote

Irrelevant to my points but no. I would say null right now.
DeathNote
DeathNote
Mafia Scum
DeathNote
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #148 (ISO) » Thu Feb 22, 2018 8:18 am

Post by DeathNote »

Phone posting so i don't wanna get into this till tonight. Will say I'm in venmars side here as everything he has said this page is from town and makes for a much better case then godel shitty vote.
Vaxkiller
Vaxkiller
Jack of All Trades
Vaxkiller
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #149 (ISO) » Thu Feb 22, 2018 8:31 am

Post by Vaxkiller »

In post 147, DeathNote wrote:
In post 131, Vaxkiller wrote:@deathnote

Irrelevant to my points but no. I would say null right now.
It is tho. Who breaks down and inspects the beginning's of a wagon on a null? I would get it if you were town reading them, but a null?

VOTE: DeathNote
Vaxkiller is not anti-vaccine, he is a killer of Vax machines.

Games played.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”