A New Modding Tool

This forum is for discussion related to the game.
yessiree
yessiree
he
Mafia Scum
yessiree
he
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he

Post Post #4 (isolation #0) » Thu Feb 15, 2018 8:39 am

Post by yessiree »

I wish more mod tools would leave out name parsing/matching (because lets face it, it's a hard problem) and just return a list of raw strings for each valid vote instead

I feel that would be less error prone, but still provides the right amount of complement
yessiree
yessiree
he
Mafia Scum
yessiree
he
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he

Post Post #12 (isolation #1) » Thu Feb 22, 2018 6:03 am

Post by yessiree »

In post 8, Bicephalous Bob wrote: iirc psyche said he had a name matching algorithm with >99% accuracy but he never published it
this is big if true
In post 9, callforjudgement wrote: Back when I used an automated vote counter (which is broken nowadays but could possibly be fixed again?), it pointed out votes to the mod, but asked the mod to manually specify who the vote was for if it was at all unsure (i.e. not an exact match). You could add name synonyms to it manually if you wanted to, but I rarely bothered.
In post 11, MathBlade wrote: I can make that a setting in my VC to require exact spellings and spit out any that aren’t in a list at the bottom. Granted so far it has only missed like 10 votes and then I go in and add the case.
from a purely programming point of view, it
feels
like the program is incomplete if the dev has to manually tweak/add settings every time it is used with a different set of inputs, and knowing that eventually, but inevitably it will produce an incorrect VC

but that's just me :P

maybe just treat those as edge cases and screw edge cases you know?

Return to “Mafia Discussion”