Theme Test Market

This forum is for discussion related to the game.
Beefster
Beefster
Mafia Scum
Beefster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4588 (isolation #0) » Fri Jan 19, 2018 2:29 pm

Post by Beefster »

Bastard Setup: Mental Illness Mafia.

Everyone has a role that is a mental illness. Examples of roles:
Paranoid Schizophrenia: player receives a role PM that says "FBI Agent" which looks like a regular cop and works like a paranoid cop. (Delusions of Grandeur)
Narcolepsy: You can't change your vote after the first IRL day of each game day
ADHD: You have to change your vote at least once per IRL day and you can't unvote. Failure to change vote will cause your vote to be moved randomly to a different player.

It could probably be made serious, but I haven't put a ton of thought into it.

Overwatch Mafia
Vanillaless, any of the heroes can be scum, so nameclaims are guaranteed safe. Every player has a 1-shot ultimate that can each be used after a certain game day. Lots of day powers. Many are wagon-centric. HP mechanics. No flips on daykills until end of day.

Examples:
Mercy: 200 HP, refreshes at the beginning of each game day
* During the day, can have a heal target, healing at 40 HP per real time day
* 1-shot resurrect a player that has been killed during the day phase
* Night protects up to 250 damage.
* Ultimate: 2 resurrects, available for one use starting on D3

Lucio: 200 HP, refreshes at the beginning of each game day
* Healing Song: heals 20HP per real time day to all players on the same wagon as you
* Night protects up to 100 damage on all players that were on the same wagon as you when the day ended
* Ultimate: Sound Barrier - protect up to 800 damage dealt to all players on the same wagon as you until end of game day. Available D3

Reaper: 250 HP
* 8 shots per game day dealing 30 damage each, self-healing for 5 HP on each hit. Shots must be spread apart by at least 1 hour (You can plan several shots in advance though)
* Wraith form - once/game day become immune to damage for 24 hours.
* Ultimate: Death Blossom - Deal 200 damage to all players on a single wagon. Damage done in 50 damage increments every 6 hours. Available D3

Mei: 250 HP
* Night Roleblock + 20 damage
* Ice wall: Prevent 1000 damage to a wagon for the next 24 hours
* Ultimate: Blizzard - Wagon Roleblock. Available D3

Would be a crapton of bookkeeping but would be very interesting.
On hiatus indefinitely. This was a nice distraction when I was working through my faith transition out of Mormonism, but I need to move on to bigger and better things now.
Get to know a meat boy
Beefster
Beefster
Mafia Scum
Beefster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4590 (isolation #1) » Sat Jan 20, 2018 7:58 am

Post by Beefster »

I was in a theme game once that had HP mechanics and day powers. But this was like 6 years ago when things were a bit more lax here. I see what you mean though. Even when the idea was swishing around in my head, it didn't really feel like mafia anymore.

Resurrection abilities can definitely work with delayed flips though.

One role that I thought would be fun in a theme game is something like a "phantom" When the player is dead, they can continue to post in the game thread, but not vote. Maybe while dead, they can roleblock too. ("haunting") So they're basically a VT while alive and a voteless roleblocker while dead. You could probably make an entire game around death mechanics.

Phantom powers might be kind of interesting to apply to all players. Then you could add an Exorcist or something that removes dead players from the discussion. Would probably be a mafia role, actually.
On hiatus indefinitely. This was a nice distraction when I was working through my faith transition out of Mormonism, but I need to move on to bigger and better things now.
Get to know a meat boy
Beefster
Beefster
Mafia Scum
Beefster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4615 (isolation #2) » Thu Feb 22, 2018 7:05 pm

Post by Beefster »

Death Mafia

Flavor will feature black/dark humor and undead lore.

All power roles will be death-related, ranging from Vengeful variants to powers that work on dead players to power roles that still have actions after death. There will be some interaction between the dead thread and the main game thread, so the dead thread will be 100% spoiler free.

There will be more roles than usual, but it will not be vanillaless. (Though the vanillas might actually be named townies with no powers)

I'm looking for reviewers and a backup mod.
Get to know a meat boy

Return to “Mafia Discussion”