State of the Queue 2018

For large social games such as Survivor where the primary mechanic is social interaction.
DeathNote
DeathNote
Mafia Scum
DeathNote
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #125 (ISO) » Tue Feb 27, 2018 10:33 am

Post by DeathNote »

I've been slowly working on Avatar Survivor and stopped because I lost Photoshop off my computer. I picked back up about a month ago and decided I would at least hammer out my challenges/twists and even managed to fix my board up to satisfactory.

But my biggest issue is for sure co-mods. No offense to the people slated to be my co-mods but I honestly think they are only there because we discussed the idea last summer and I semi Forced them into helping me. It was me getting excited for a theme and them encouraging me but not really modding.
Looking for love in Alderaan places.
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #126 (ISO) » Tue Feb 27, 2018 10:33 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

I do hear the feedback about the co-modding requirement.
green shirt thursdays
xofelf
xofelf
they/them(also ze/zem or xe/xem)
Miss Mash
xofelf
Miss Mash
Miss Mash
Pronoun: they/them(also ze/zem or xe/xem)

Post Post #127 (ISO) » Tue Feb 27, 2018 10:43 am

Post by xofelf »

In post 125, DeathNote wrote: But my biggest issue is for sure co-mods. No offense to the people slated to be my co-mods but I honestly think they are only there because we discussed the idea last summer and I semi Forced them into helping me. It was me getting excited for a theme and them encouraging me but not really modding.
No, you're not wrong on that at all. I remember when you had asked us originally, I had had quite a few projects going and was fine to be more of a person there to edit down things so they worked and do game running, but I certainly wasn't there as a full design member of the team. It's just not really my strong suit. I also had completely forgotten about it, so you are more than welcome to drop me from that if you want someone who is more active and not juggling a bunch of projects and life things.
Xalxe: this is xofelf sometimes we call each other names and other times we share emotions
MattyP: Ur an enigma tho when it comes to circadian rhythm and the traditions we hold dear when it comes to the sun and the moon
Get to reknow a xofelf here
Discord is faster than PMs or sitechat: xofelf#1697
xofelf
xofelf
Miss Mash
xofelf
Miss Mash
Miss Mash
Pronoun: they/them(also ze/zem or xe/xem)

Post Post #128 (ISO) » Tue Feb 27, 2018 10:56 am

Post by xofelf »

In post 126, xRECKONERx wrote:I do hear the feedback about the co-modding requirement.
Agreed. I think we can revisit this and adjust accordingly.
Xalxe: this is xofelf sometimes we call each other names and other times we share emotions
MattyP: Ur an enigma tho when it comes to circadian rhythm and the traditions we hold dear when it comes to the sun and the moon
Get to reknow a xofelf here
Discord is faster than PMs or sitechat: xofelf#1697
BROseidon
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
Expert Marxman

Post Post #129 (ISO) » Tue Feb 27, 2018 11:16 am

Post by BROseidon »

One thing I will say wrt the modding requirements is that, if we do drop the 3-mod requirement, we should still have a bailout plan if something happens to one mod. For example, Reck having to deal with car shit during Nexus would have had a much bigger impact on how that game was run if there had only been 2 mods.
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #130 (ISO) » Tue Feb 27, 2018 1:59 pm

Post by Cephrir »

two-person teams are absolutely fine as long as both mods are willing to be active participants in the day-to-day running of the show, so the burden doesn't all end up on one person. in practice, having a third one hasn't seemed to reduce the incidence of this because a lot of the time that third person just kinda signs on and doesn't do anything.
"I would prefer not to." --Herman Melville,
Bartleby the Scrivener
Haschel Cedricson
Haschel Cedricson
Mr. Know It All
Haschel Cedricson
Mr. Know It All
Mr. Know It All

Post Post #131 (ISO) » Tue Feb 27, 2018 5:20 pm

Post by Haschel Cedricson »

I strongly disagree with changing the comod requirement. Before that rule was in place it was a constant thing where Xofelf would have to step in as a de facto moderator. We have plenty of mods, what we need are to encourage those pairs to be more proactive about recruiting a third and continually encourage new people to mod.

Return to “ORGs and Large Social Games”