xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #625 (ISO) » Tue Feb 27, 2018 9:42 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

Honestly to me the biggest thing with a theme: different looking characters.

Nexus I had so many problems with because everyone had a weird name and I couldn't keep track of who was who. MLS same problem.
green shirt thursdays
McMenno
McMenno
they/them
One For Aren't-We-All
McMenno
they/them
One For Aren't-We-All
One For Aren't-We-All
Pronoun: they/them

Post Post #626 (ISO) » Tue Feb 27, 2018 9:51 am

Post by McMenno »

when you are thinking of a survivor theme, there is one thing that is very important: characters shouldn't look the same as eachother.

I think this was a big problem with Nexus, luckily it was more hidden in MLS because that wasn't really a survivor game.
Cheery Dog
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Kayak

Post Post #627 (ISO) » Tue Feb 27, 2018 10:58 am

Post by Cheery Dog »

In post 614, hiplop wrote:Honestly to me the biggest thing with a theme: different looking characters.

Nexus I had so many problems with because everyone had a weird name and I couldn't keep track of who was who. MLS same problem.
I think this may be part of why I haven't actually got the finishing touches on logical journey.
It'll be pretty much the uniqueness of the name that would work there.
Holder of the Longest Continuous Weekly Mafiascum Post Record. 1 July 2012 - 16 Feb 2023
*It may be held by someone else if you discount the major downtime in 2012 and 2014, I'm not doing the research.
BROseidon
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
Expert Marxman

Post Post #628 (ISO) » Tue Feb 27, 2018 11:17 am

Post by BROseidon »

idk I would be able to tell all the characters apart based on the features but I also played a LOT of Zoombinis.
Chevre
Chevre
Honourable Mention
Chevre
Honourable Mention
Honourable Mention

Post Post #629 (ISO) » Tue Feb 27, 2018 1:30 pm

Post by Chevre »

I don't know what my original point was. I definitely think that more games should be run, and I'm not averse to any theme being ran really.
I just think it's silly when we tie up all these themes and then no games ever come to fruition out of it. Like I can lay out all my niche quirky interests too and say I'll run a survivor game based on those, but in actuality I'm never going to do it.

I definitely agree with the point about uniqueness of characters (which I thought was a point I originally made in my original post? I need to learn to be more clear.)
Like this is DEFINITELY racist but I xed out of my application for The Genius because all the names for potential characters were too similar to me and I knew I was going to have a hard time. Strangely games like Nexus/DBZ didn't bother me but the avatars were all pretty different.
There will be no kisses tonight
There will be no holding hands tonight
'Cause what is now wasn't there before and should not be
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #630 (ISO) » Tue Feb 27, 2018 1:51 pm

Post by Cephrir »

even if it weren't for the mechanic, i'd have been glad not to be playing mls just because team logos don't work for me. sure, you can tell them apart, but they lack personality. i like distinguishable characters you can attach personalities to.

when i'm considering a theme, i try to pick one people will be interested in not so much because i'm afraid it won't fill (seems not to be a concern anymore), but so i can get as many apps as possible and therefore do as much casting as possible to create something dynamic and memorable.

that said if i were to take the lead on a design at this point it'd have to be driven by a theme i was really into or i just wouldn't do it so
"I would prefer not to." --Herman Melville,
Bartleby the Scrivener
BROseidon
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
Expert Marxman

Post Post #631 (ISO) » Tue Feb 27, 2018 5:19 pm

Post by BROseidon »

In post 629, Chevre wrote:I just think it's silly when we tie up all these themes and then no games ever come to fruition out of it. Like I can lay out all my niche quirky interests too and say I'll run a survivor game based on those, but in actuality I'm never going to do it.
Ah that's fair.

I'm working on 2 games actively right now. Unfortunately, sometimes life gets in the way etc.
Chevre
Chevre
Honourable Mention
Chevre
Honourable Mention
Honourable Mention

Post Post #632 (ISO) » Tue Feb 27, 2018 5:26 pm

Post by Chevre »

Sorry if I got too harsh. It is your birthday after all :(

And all that being said, I was at the library today and among the board books i found myself wanting to do a That's Not My Survivor based on the feelie books by Fiona Watt

There will be no kisses tonight
There will be no holding hands tonight
'Cause what is now wasn't there before and should not be
BROseidon
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
Expert Marxman

Post Post #633 (ISO) » Tue Feb 27, 2018 5:44 pm

Post by BROseidon »

Yeah I'm hoping Broadway will be up reasonably soon. I was going to sprint it out, but a bunch of people have games that are getting finished off so the urgency isn't as there anymore.
xofelf
xofelf
they/them(also ze/zem or xe/xem)
Miss Mash
xofelf
they/them(also ze/zem or xe/xem)
Miss Mash
Miss Mash
Pronoun: they/them(also ze/zem or xe/xem)

Post Post #634 (ISO) » Wed Feb 28, 2018 10:21 am

Post by xofelf »

Xalxe: this is xofelf sometimes we call each other names and other times we share emotions
MattyP: Ur an enigma tho when it comes to circadian rhythm and the traditions we hold dear when it comes to the sun and the moon
Get to reknow a xofelf here
Discord is faster than PMs or sitechat: xofelf#1697

Return to “Social Game Archive”