Theme Test Market and Co-Mod Recruitment

For large social games such as Survivor where the primary mechanic is social interaction.
Aronis
Aronis
Just here for the Pagetop!
Aronis

Post Post #7 (isolation #0) » Wed Feb 28, 2018 6:14 pm

Post by Aronis »

In post 6, PrivateI wrote:Just wanted to throw out Upcoming Game Ideas Survivor: Ghost Island, where every player plays as a theme that never came to pass in the Upcoming Game Ideas thread.
This is pretty creative and the character selection pool would be big and fresh, I'd play.
Aronis
Aronis
Aronis

Post Post #48 (isolation #1) » Thu May 03, 2018 1:00 pm

Post by Aronis »

Since this is a theme test market, what're y'alls thoughts on the following themes? Do any specific ones sound fun?
Spoiler:
Star Wars
Marvel cinematic universe
DC cinematic universe
Hunger games
Pirates of the Caribbean
Food
NFL
MLB
NBA
Olympics
College sports
Skyrim
Fortnite
Minecraft
United Nations
Indiana Jones
Aronis
Aronis
Aronis

Post Post #54 (isolation #2) » Thu May 03, 2018 4:09 pm

Post by Aronis »

In post 52, Cephrir wrote:i'm the one person who will sign up for your united nations themed game. :P
lol. I just pay a lot of attention to foreign policy stuff so I thought that might be fun? It's the only politics theme I could really think of since there was a US game already ran fairly recently.
Aronis
Aronis
Aronis

Post Post #59 (isolation #3) » Fri May 04, 2018 1:39 am

Post by Aronis »

In post 57, xRECKONERx wrote:id still love to see a star wars game run.

i was wondering...the scope of the franchise is so HUGE that modding a game to encompass EVERYTHING can be overwhelming.
what if Star Wars was run as a series?
Star Wars: Outer Rim
Star Wars: The Old Republic
etc.

it could help to set some parameters and let stuff be run

MCU has been done to death
DCU has been done via arkham games, dunno what a new theme would bring to it?

hunger games, pirates, food are all meh. though PSV was "ice cream flavors" so i think the right design could be good

NFL/MLB/NBA/Olympics/college are all okay but i really think sports-based games are gonna wind up being a big "meh" from the community

Skyrim...does that even have enough characters?
same with Fortnite
same with Miencraft

UN could be fun.

Indiana Jones like barely has enough characters idk
That totally makes sense to me about star wars. I was thinking something kind of along the lines of games set in different eras.

MCU has been done a lot? I was thinking the conclave marvel v. DC game was the only time itd been ran. And that was comic characters, not movie ones, not that it makes a huge difference.
DC has been ran a lot

Food would take some creativity, but it could be fun imo. It's a generic flavor everyone would know

I expected that about sports.

Skyrim does, you just have to be willing to be someone obscure to a degree though cause there's not many major characters. Who you interact with all depends on where you go on the map.

Minecraft I was thinking just pick your own skin kinda thing. It would give freedom to be w/e you want as long as it was in a blocky form.
Aronis
Aronis
Aronis

Post Post #103 (isolation #4) » Fri May 04, 2018 8:19 am

Post by Aronis »

I think sports could be fine. It may work best as a smaller game and people should know what they're getting into ahead of time though. I also mentioned Olympics cause that would allow a more general approach to sports that imo could appeal to casual fans in addition to others. Like it'd be more of a focus on the sports in general than specific athletes and teams from a minor league soccer thing nobody cares about.

That being said, if I run a game this summer, I'm leaning towards MCU/Skyrim/Food/SW/UN
Aronis
Aronis
Aronis

Post Post #110 (isolation #5) » Fri May 04, 2018 2:43 pm

Post by Aronis »

But I want a turn to be pikachu........
Aronis
Aronis
Aronis

Post Post #267 (isolation #6) » Wed Oct 14, 2020 9:19 am

Post by Aronis »

Hi. I'm looking for somebody(s) that would be interested in designing and running an anon-game with me. My dream would be to put a lot of work into this in the short term and have it ready to run pretty soon, but a lot of it will depend on my life schedule. I have a general idea in place of what I'd like to do and primarily want someone who can give lots of feedback and critique my various ideas. I'm looking for somebody that is experienced with Survivor and Discord. Having challenge ideas and image editing skills would be a plus but isn't a requirement.

Return to “ORGs and Large Social Games”