pirate mollie
pirate mollie
thingmaker
pirate mollie
thingmaker
thingmaker

Post Post #400 (ISO) » Thu Mar 01, 2018 7:57 pm

Post by pirate mollie »

In post 359, Sir Elton Hercules John wrote:I can't see scum ever claiming janitor so that might just straight up be a town claim
^^^ this
whew!
pirate mollie
pirate mollie
thingmaker
pirate mollie
thingmaker
thingmaker

Post Post #401 (ISO) » Thu Mar 01, 2018 8:38 pm

Post by pirate mollie »

I probably shld have condensed my thoughts but ffs.

I think dino is town. the sincerity is real. how any1 can miss this is beyond me.

I think venny is too. which is depressing.

varsoona's step back while seeming to reassess and then voting him seems weird cos he then called him town and did he actually remove the vote? oh yeah, on to napolean/ari. the he moved it back to math. then says "omg you are tooooown mathdino????" but doesn't remove the vote. I buy it :roll: .

deathnote has lost a few town points. I liked his earlier posts, felt it was genuine scumhunting but the recent posts seem meh.

the pple who are going after math's claim and when I say pple I mean cooldog I think it is weird since we all know we have a negative utility, a target and a passive. why is his claiming janitor a thing when to me it seems like a provable claim and that sort of points to town? I mean, I know mine hurts town.

inb4 some1 says softclaims are a teeming brown mass.
inb4 I say go play with a soft cactus plushie cos mine is.

strangest read I have is that I think sleepykrew is town. but then I remember the last time screwed me over so eh. the going after lurkers (cos they hurt the game by a long shot) is NAI I suppose, even if I inherently agree with it. unsure lean town. I like the timing of a lot of his questions.

I wanted kublai to post something juicy and what I got was dehydrated beef jerky. sheeping the lead wagon is gross, especially after he said he made a point to read the game to ari cos I didn't really get that he read the game in any sort of depth at all.

gamma is pretty freaking worrisome considering his bff sheep vote and then suddenly I am like persona non grata. where is the love gamma :(

the rest of you pple aren't making any sort of impression at all which means not only do I think that watching reruns of
friends
is much more interesting but that I can actually remember the characters's names on
friends
and not yours.

UNVOTE: the assembler I guess, until we find a replacement.

I hope no1 takes offense to my post. I am sorry if they did.
whew!
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #402 (ISO) » Fri Mar 02, 2018 12:26 am

Post by Varsoon »

VOTE: Napoleon

Yeah god damn it, math is town, I'm gonna die by this.
Kublai Khan
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Khan Man

Post Post #403 (ISO) » Fri Mar 02, 2018 12:30 am

Post by Kublai Khan »

I love that pirate mollie chastises me for not reading then votes for someone that got replaced already.
Occasionally intellectually honest

Black Lives Matter
Get vaccinated
Vaxkiller
Vaxkiller
Jack of All Trades
Vaxkiller
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #404 (ISO) » Fri Mar 02, 2018 2:14 am

Post by Vaxkiller »

In post 400, pirate mollie wrote:
In post 359, Sir Elton Hercules John wrote:I can't see scum ever claiming janitor so that might just straight up be a town claim
^^^ this
That's SOOO WIFOM tho.
Vaxkiller is not anti-vaccine, he is a killer of Vax machines.

Games played.
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #405 (ISO) » Fri Mar 02, 2018 2:34 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

In post 395, Mathdino wrote:
@Mod: Can you confirm that abilities were assigned to players after their alignments were created?
What I want to say is: read the post you quoted.
What I will say is: yes!
green shirt thursdays
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #406 (ISO) » Fri Mar 02, 2018 2:38 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

Votecount 1.11

Napoleon III(5)
~ (39), (50), (38), (10), (31)

Mathdino(5)
~ (23), (33), (26), (33), (17)
Espeonage(2)
~ (31), (5)
Kublai Khan(1)
~ (9)
CooLDoG(1)
~ (13)

Not Voting (1): (21)

With 15 alive it takes 8 to lynch.

Day 1 deadline is in (expired on 2018-03-05 07:15:00)
green shirt thursdays
Vaxkiller
Vaxkiller
Jack of All Trades
Vaxkiller
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #407 (ISO) » Fri Mar 02, 2018 3:05 am

Post by Vaxkiller »

I was town reading math for most of the game. I kept questioning myself at some of the points that were brought up on him (some of the reactions looked bad) but most of the stuff being pointed out by people seemed rather NAI to me. Mathdino was providing so much well thought out and explained content, then some people would just nit pick everything.

Most of the people starting the wagon were scum reading him for bizarre reasons like "He hates wall posts" and then there was this whole "dismissal-gate" along with "rolefishing". Scum reading him for his reaction to being called out for rolefishing (when not rolefishing) FINE, but they weren't really pushing that topic.

But that claim. Ugh. I'm having a really hard time getting past that claim. I was assuming with the really shitty ability he was softing early on he may actually have some really good town abilities he was lying about, but no, he does have a full on scum role.

Lets break this down. I really think they are likely janitor/jailkeep/ascetic and he just threw the ascetic + NK in there to look town. As I mentioned earlier, I would think a town would just have have a BP instead of having all that negative utility. Gamma brought up a good point that ascetic + NK is basically just a commuter, so why call it ascetic + NK?

@EVERYONE Can anyone confirm to having negative utility passive?

I'm also wondering about what scum roles look like. Do they have all positive (to them) alignment based abilities? Or do they have negative utility they have to use? I'm thinking they have ALL positive based abilities (to them) because negative ability for scum are few and far between (maybe no day talk or something?) anything that would appear to help town could just be played of later as a town ability for town cred... making it positive utility. <----This is more theory crafting tho and just stuff im thinking about. If you respond to this post do not just respond to this one thought.
UNVOTE:

Right now consider my vote on mathdino but I really want to think further about this today.

Games played.
Espeonage
Espeonage
any
Survivor
Espeonage
any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: any

Post Post #408 (ISO) » Fri Mar 02, 2018 3:30 am

Post by Espeonage »

Says in OP everyone has a negative utility.

I reckon that Math has swapped his first and last roles and tweaked them to make sense.
Don't @ me.
Mathdino
Mathdino
Survivor
Mathdino
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #409 (ISO) » Fri Mar 02, 2018 4:45 am

Post by Mathdino »

In post 403, Kublai Khan wrote:I love that pirate mollie chastises me for not reading then votes for someone that got replaced already.
In post 401, pirate mollie wrote:UNVOTE: the assembler I guess, until we find a replacement.
uwotm8
how does this matter
In post 407, Vaxkiller wrote:Lets break this down. I really think they are likely janitor/jailkeep/ascetic and he just threw the ascetic + NK in there to look town. As I mentioned earlier, I would think a town would just have have a BP instead of having all that negative utility. Gamma brought up a good point that ascetic + NK is basically just a commuter, so why call it ascetic + NK?

@EVERYONE Can anyone confirm to having negative utility passive?

I'm also wondering about what scum roles look like. Do they have all positive (to them) alignment based abilities? Or do they have negative utility they have to use? I'm thinking they have ALL positive based abilities (to them) because negative ability for scum are few and far between (maybe no day talk or something?) anything that would appear to help town could just be played of later as a town ability for town cred... making it positive utility. <----This is more theory crafting tho and just stuff im thinking about. If you respond to this post do not just respond to this one thought.
This doesn't make sense.

1. The reason I claimed "ascetic + NK" is specifically because I recently played a game with an mafia asceticizer, and in that game, "ascetic" did not mean "kill-immune". I thought about that pregame and I was like "well shit, this is only worth it for me if I can use it essentially as a 1-shot BP". I specified that it could block kills to preempt the question of "is this the ascetic that blocks kills, or blocks all other actions?" It went against my understanding of "ascetic".
Bulletproof doesn't make sense with my flavour.

2. I mean it's only negative utility for me if I get copchecked for example before I claim. Otherwise it's really just a waste of a night action.

3. I would assume to preserve the integrity of safeclaims that negative abilities are negative for town, and scum have to justify having used those negative abilities as town. Positive abilities is probably basic shit like rolecop, roleblocker, vig, etc. Positive utility roles are often positive utility for everyone.

4. Final point: Stop it. If you try to sus out alignments based on roleclaims in role madness, you're outright doing it wrong. I just got out of a game with a scum compulsive bodyguard on a townie that was capable of suiciding (and passing on the death to the BG). I claimed because you asked me to, and because it explains my previous actions. It's ridiculous that you're taking this as a reason to completely reverse your read on me and wash away my contributions to the game just because you're trying to outguess a mod you've had no experience with.
In post 408, Espeonage wrote:Says in OP everyone has a negative utility.

I reckon that Math has swapped his first and last roles and tweaked them to make sense.
What? How does that make sense?

The negative utility role is a thing that hurts town (presumably). You activate it to get to the rest of your abilities.

My negative utility is a 1-shot next day janitor. That's activated, not passive.

My passive ability is a 1-shot reflexive ascetic; I get turned into an ascetic for a night when someone targets me (I don't know why that makes it reflexive but w/e).

How do those make sense as a scum passive ability and negative utility, respectively?

And if that's your biggest theory on why my role is scum, I'm literally confirmed every day by not using the janitor. Obviously if I ever use it, I should be autolynched (although fucking lol if there's a role that forces its use).
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: it/its

Post Post #410 (ISO) » Fri Mar 02, 2018 4:50 am

Post by Chara »

In post 1, xRECKONERx wrote:You may not use your "targeted" or "passive/self" abilities until you have used your negative ability.
is your jan compulsive, Math? your ascetic shouldn't matter if you don't use the janitor.
"Sibling," Farkran asked, starting slowly.
"The CORE is full of lasers, and Chemist1422's entire existence depends on her eye. If she looks into a laser, she will almost certainly die. Did you think about that?"
"Oh yes, my brother. I love thinking about that."
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: it/its

Post Post #411 (ISO) » Fri Mar 02, 2018 4:56 am

Post by Chara »

never mind. you don't need to dip into your reserve to answer that, thanks for posting right before me. haha.
if you use any of your abilities you should be lynched, you already said that.

i've not seen a kill-immune ascetic, but i'm sure they exist. so you're not ascetic, you're night-action immune for one night reflexively?

this is the first time i've felt guilty asking questions. geriatric is strange. i'll get used to it.

you answered my last question in your post, so just ignore this, i guess. almost caught up.
"Sibling," Farkran asked, starting slowly.
"The CORE is full of lasers, and Chemist1422's entire existence depends on her eye. If she looks into a laser, she will almost certainly die. Did you think about that?"
"Oh yes, my brother. I love thinking about that."
Vaxkiller
Vaxkiller
Jack of All Trades
Vaxkiller
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #412 (ISO) » Fri Mar 02, 2018 5:37 am

Post by Vaxkiller »

In post 409, Mathdino wrote:1. The reason I claimed "ascetic + NK" is specifically because I recently played a game with an mafia asceticizer, and in that game, "ascetic" did not mean "kill-immune". I thought about that pregame and I was like "well shit, this is only worth it for me if I can use it essentially as a 1-shot BP". I specified that it could block kills to preempt the question of "is this the ascetic that blocks kills, or blocks all other actions?" It went against my understanding of "ascetic".
According to the wiki it does not mean kill immune. Where did you get that idea from?
Wiki:
Ascetic is a role modifier (though it can function as a role in its own right) that causes a player to be immune to all actions at Night except kills. More precisely, Ascetic reflexively Roleblocks all actions taken against them except kills.

YOU claimed it. I'm arguing the mod wouldn't make a convoluted ascetic +NK ability because it functions the same way as a commuter. That would be like giving someone a neighborizer ability that doesnt work if the target is mafia.... it would just be called masonizer.

Games played.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #413 (ISO) » Fri Mar 02, 2018 5:41 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 379, CooLDoG wrote:P1) Math Dino is scum or town
P2) IF Mathdino is town, THEN he would not claim scum. *
P3) Mathdino said his claim was a scum claim. By modus tollens,
P4) Mathdino is
NOT
town. By disjunctive syllogism we get,
------
C) Mathdino is SCUM
yup you're just dense. Get over your ideology and actually think "Why?". Why would Mathdino claim such a role as scum? There's no benefit to it as we can clearly see, plus he very well could have made something up, and that's if they didn't receive fakeclaims. As such it more likely he's town is just stuck with a weird role.
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Mathdino
Mathdino
Survivor
Mathdino
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #414 (ISO) » Fri Mar 02, 2018 5:44 am

Post by Mathdino »

You know, I think I assumed it was kill immune because ascetic has literally no purpose otherwise (other than dodging roleblockers).
In post 411, Chara wrote:i've not seen a kill-immune ascetic, but i'm sure they exist. so you're not ascetic, you're night-action immune for one night reflexively?
In post 412, Vaxkiller wrote:According to the wiki it does not mean kill immune. Where did you get that idea from?
Wiki:
Ascetic is a role modifier (though it can function as a role in its own right) that causes a player to be immune to all actions at Night except kills. More precisely, Ascetic reflexively Roleblocks all actions taken against them except kills.
I checked with the mod just now, I am NOT night-immune.

Sorry for the confusion. The ascetic has 0 positive utility.

You know what they say about assuming.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #415 (ISO) » Fri Mar 02, 2018 5:48 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 380, Venmar wrote:
In post 351, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 345, Venmar wrote:gamma emerald (some reservations here, could bump this lower since i feel like i'd expect more out of town-gamma based on my experience with him so far)
will repeat
- i want varsoon to do something plsssss. also pirate mollie and gamma emerald. will help quite a bit to help sort them.
eh wot m8
Is this based off Valentine's dance or...
yes
Eh well for that game I was pretty fired up because I felt strongly about things, here it seems like it took me a while but I'm definitely in that "ready to fight it out" mode now
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #416 (ISO) » Fri Mar 02, 2018 5:50 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 401, pirate mollie wrote:gamma is pretty freaking worrisome considering his bff sheep vote and then suddenly I am like persona non grata. where is the love gamma :(
You've sorta been off my radar for now. Will say I'm thinking you're town so far
<Embrace The Void>

Vaxkiller
Vaxkiller
Jack of All Trades
Vaxkiller
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #417 (ISO) » Fri Mar 02, 2018 6:04 am

Post by Vaxkiller »

I don't know what to think now. Assuming scum have day chat (don't see this is the setup/rules and in most of the themed games I've played as scum it's open day and night) I would think the scum team would have coached him on this part. (ascetic +NK immune)

Games played.
Vaxkiller
Vaxkiller
Jack of All Trades
Vaxkiller
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #418 (ISO) » Fri Mar 02, 2018 6:09 am

Post by Vaxkiller »

WAIT WAIT WAIT, hold on there a second.

Games played.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #419 (ISO) » Fri Mar 02, 2018 6:13 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Honestly I think Mathdino is right that he's been incredibly pro-town and to lynch him is town destroy the town's primary driving force. If you still want to vote him you should provide contrary evidence.
<Embrace The Void>

Vaxkiller
Vaxkiller
Jack of All Trades
Vaxkiller
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #420 (ISO) » Fri Mar 02, 2018 6:38 am

Post by Vaxkiller »

I'm adding an analysis to the beginning of my own post because I keep staring at this knowing it's scummy but I'm having a hard time explaining why exactly. The 2nd quote reads as if they know exactly what ascetic is, then the third one reads as if they still don't know. Here is how I think it went down: Mathdino claimed ascetic+NK because he knew exactly what ascetic meant, and it would appear more town. When confronted with the idea he says hes not sure, when pressed further he says he
made that up
assumed that part because it didn't make sense without it.
In post 348, Mathdino wrote:Passive is ascetic, also applying to NKs.
In post 353, Mathdino wrote:And no, it's a passive 1-shot ascetic. A commuter has the choice. I say "also for NKs" because I've never seen an ascetic that was immune to NKs, so there it is. I can't think of any other utility for being ascetic.
So you have never seen an ascetic immune to NK's, so you added it in there? So you do know what ascetic is.
In post 409, Mathdino wrote:1. The reason I claimed "ascetic + NK" is specifically because I recently played a game with an mafia asceticizer, and in that game, "ascetic" did not mean "kill-immune". I thought about that pregame and I was like "well shit, this is only worth it for me if I can use it essentially as a 1-shot BP". I specified that it could block kills to preempt the question of "is this the ascetic that blocks kills, or blocks all other actions?" It went against my understanding of "ascetic".
So you RECENTLY played a game where you thought ascetic meant something different than you thought it did, and you NEVER learned what ascetic actually meant? You never bothered to look it up?

Doesn't you claiming "ascetic +NK" show that you DO understand what ascetic is hence why you claimed the "+ NK" part?
In post 414, Mathdino wrote:You know, I think I assumed it was kill immune because ascetic has literally no purpose otherwise (other than dodging roleblockers).
There is so too backpedaling here and ignorance here for me to believe. Who assumes things about their role they know to not normally be true???

VOTE: Mathdino

Games played.
Venmar
Venmar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Venmar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #421 (ISO) » Fri Mar 02, 2018 6:44 am

Post by Venmar »

someone should explain to me why math's claim makes it a townclaim. like my negative is probably even more negative than his. my positive is decent but crazy disruptive and probably negative as well. my targeted is pretty meh. does that also make me auto-town?

:/

we're literally letting a player coast the rest of the game as a vt even though janitor is a commonly overrated role (though understandably so)
I swear I'm trying my best

--Expect me to be V/LA from 10am-7pm PST every Mon, Wed, Thurs, Sat, Sun due to work--
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #422 (ISO) » Fri Mar 02, 2018 6:47 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Again look at his play not his claim
...I'm almost certainly going to be draining my reserve today...
<Embrace The Void>

Venmar
Venmar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Venmar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #423 (ISO) » Fri Mar 02, 2018 6:48 am

Post by Venmar »

also like can't we just force mathdino to use his negative and then no-lynch the next day to waste the clean? like the fact we can circumvent it doesn't make it add-up as a negative that reck would design to be negative, i think math might've just found a super scummy ability and claimed it as his negative

PEdit: i have been looking at his play lol. we're in claim territory now too and i felt like saying something about it
I swear I'm trying my best

--Expect me to be V/LA from 10am-7pm PST every Mon, Wed, Thurs, Sat, Sun due to work--
pirate mollie
pirate mollie
thingmaker
pirate mollie
thingmaker
thingmaker

Post Post #424 (ISO) » Fri Mar 02, 2018 6:49 am

Post by pirate mollie »

In post 403, Kublai Khan wrote:I love that pirate mollie chastises me for not reading then votes for someone that got replaced already.
well since you put it that way, I love it too!

do you have any independent thoughts besides sheep voting onto math? also I am assuming you meant UNVOTE: unvoting the sub in rather than voting since that is what I actually did?
whew!

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”