Civers unite!!!!

This forum is specifically for discussing non-Mafia games
(board, card, video, we're not picky)
Playing
such games should happen in the Mish Mash forum, of course.
Porochaz
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Oh, Prozac

Post Post #328 (isolation #0) » Sun Jul 10, 2016 1:43 am

Post by Porochaz »

Bought in the steam summer sale.

Would love to play a few of you when I get more experienced.
Mostly retired. Unless you ask or it's something interesting.
Porochaz
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Oh, Prozac

Post Post #363 (isolation #1) » Thu Aug 18, 2016 3:56 am

Post by Porochaz »

Got the required delegates for a diplo victory, Denmark goes to war. Get them again, enter it in to the diplo screen and China fucking wins the Science victory a turn before.

I hate China.
Porochaz
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Oh, Prozac

Post Post #411 (isolation #2) » Wed Mar 15, 2017 1:42 pm

Post by Porochaz »

Im going to struggle for the next few weekends but I am up for Civ 5 as well.
Porochaz
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Oh, Prozac

Post Post #559 (isolation #3) » Wed Jul 26, 2017 5:09 pm

Post by Porochaz »

I'm currently playing a single campaign as Portugal, and whilst Im mid-game, it's looking pretty good. (1st in all demo's, close 2nd in soldiers) I've just been gifted (I think) a Merchant of Venice. Not sure what to do with him. I am going for the diplo victory, but could probably have a good shout at Science. What should I do with it?
Porochaz
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Oh, Prozac

Post Post #565 (isolation #4) » Thu Jul 27, 2017 6:31 am

Post by Porochaz »

When I returned, Assyria and Venice declared war on me, I took the Assyrian capital, and somehow managed to fend off both. I then gained a vast amount of gold (I hoped for a chiev at 10,000) and basically coasted through the last however many turns. Might have to crank the difficulty up. I could have won in Science but kept going for the diplomacy (the only wincon I hadn't done yet). The other 2 wincons I would have had a chance as well.
Porochaz
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Oh, Prozac

Post Post #567 (isolation #5) » Thu Jul 27, 2017 10:21 am

Post by Porochaz »

At that point in time I had between 35 and 40 happiness...
Porochaz
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Oh, Prozac

Post Post #601 (isolation #6) » Thu Aug 24, 2017 8:44 am

Post by Porochaz »

So I decided I was going to win a diplo with Carthage. Then France forward settled me, and I took them out, the Songhei kept converting me to their religion (every single fucking turn) so I took them out. Crossed to the second continent, to find Denmark having taken over Babylon's capital and was about to wipe out America, but the worst thing, he had taken over Singapore, the missing 12th city state. So I took Babylons capital, to get a foothold, ploughed through Washington to get to Singapore, then took Copenhagen out as punishment for stealing one of my city states. Domination win about 10 turns away from my diplo win... I may have had anger issues this game.

I have realised though that if I want this game to be fun I need to turn up the difficulty (or play with real players), because my gold very quickly kept me afloat with everything I needed and even though I went Liberty into Commerce in pursuit of the Diplo win, I didn't feel I was screwed by my choice.
Porochaz
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Oh, Prozac

Post Post #672 (isolation #7) » Sat Feb 17, 2018 1:19 pm

Post by Porochaz »

I will try 6 again eventually, but 5 has been a lot more fun.

I tried a huge Fractal map with Arabia. More stressful, went for the Diplo win, but had Venice being a bitch on another island (thought fractal was meant to be one large and lots of small) unfortunately only 12 city states spawned and Venice ate about 4 of them. Still won easily, with a Science Victory not so far away, if all else failed. Poland was about 200 points ahead of me throughout, only in the last bit of the game (Satellites) did I find he had 16 cities. Not sure what the computer was doing there. I took China out. They were pissing me off.

I've just started another game as Austria, who I've never seen or played against before. It was randomly chosen. Turn 200 currently. I've probably commited myself to culture now, although thanks to being randomly assigned a Archipelago map I wasnt able to get cities out easily or in many good food spaces (masses of production though) got 3 now, plus married Wittenberg. America has grown exponentially more than me though... this could be my second loss on Prince (I always say I should buff up my diffuculty). China beat me once a couple years back, it's why I take them out almost every game Im in with them.
Porochaz
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Oh, Prozac

Post Post #692 (isolation #8) » Mon Feb 19, 2018 4:19 pm

Post by Porochaz »

In post 672, Porochaz wrote:I've just started another game as Austria, who I've never seen or played against before. It was randomly chosen. Turn 200 currently. I've probably commited myself to culture now, although thanks to being randomly assigned a Archipelago map I wasnt able to get cities out easily or in many good food spaces (masses of production though) got 3 now, plus married Wittenberg. America has grown exponentially more than me though... this could be my second loss on Prince (I always say I should buff up my diffuculty). China beat me once a couple years back, it's why I take them out almost every game Im in with them.
Had a joint war with America against Greece. They were stealing my city states. Liberated one city, razed the one America was trying to take. Worried this might be my first loss in a while. America is influential over 2 nations and ahead of me in science. I was turning it around in the last 20 turns, gaining 2 musicians, religiously buying 3 artists and 2 engineers - I may have forgotten about my religion a bit, getting the theming bonus and rushing Broadway/Eiffel Tower and am now building the Statue of Liberty (America didn't go freedom, so not so worried), so am ahead in tourism now whether it's too late?
Porochaz
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Oh, Prozac

Post Post #723 (isolation #9) » Fri Mar 02, 2018 5:09 am

Post by Porochaz »

I won my game as Austria, although it was a lot closer than I would have liked.

Urgh... and I just learnt that Bananas and Bison are Bonus not luxury resources... Noone told me that.
Porochaz
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Oh, Prozac

Post Post #730 (isolation #10) » Sat Mar 03, 2018 11:40 am

Post by Porochaz »

It's 5 I play, 6 I tried briefly and found it too different from 5 just to jump into. Will have a go at some point, but not immediately.

Return to “The Arcade”